12/12/10 Podcast cruise 2.0

So this is where everyone got to :). I had to read through all the pages before I posted.

I just bought my fish extender tonight!! I hope it looks cute! I briefly thought about going to Michael's and sewing one, and then realized that I can't sew but I can online shop like a pro!

I'd bet they stick with the policy. It's their big marketing line.

We have both SW and AirTran in Philly so I don't think we'll see much difference, but sounds like a good thing for Todd.

Is it bad that I'm jealous of all of these DDs? I want to go to BBB!!!

<pout>

(And just for disclosure- this is Lori, not Rick)

pirate:

I have found some good fares out of Indy on Airtran vs Southwest out of Louisville or Indy, so I'll lose some flight options in the deal.

Ya know, the more I think of it, this merger could effect jobs in Philly. That's never good news.

princess: DD8 just had her birthday yesterday. ( party: Happy 8th Birthday Emily! party: ) I am taking her and her best friend to the American Girl store and Bistro on Saturday for a "Girls Day". She will get to pick out her first American Girl doll. As expected, she is VERY excited. I've never been to the store, but have heard the stories from other Mothers that they have a salon for the dolls and now do ear piercings for the dolls. Also at lunch, the dolls will get their own seat at the table. What have I gotten myself into?!?!?!? :rotfl:

:goodvibes Jennifer

Happy belated Birthday Emily !!!!!

Hello Everyone....Happy Monday....get to do the check in tomorrow for the cruise...so exicted ...:banana:

There is also a special 'seat' in the restroom stall for them as well. The store is....something else.:goodvibes

By the crowds at the American Girl store this past Saturday, you'd never know we are in a recession. It was packed! I was flabbergasted that the doll hair salon was full and the Bistro booked solid. I'm glad I made a reservation. As Todd mentioned, there is a special hanger in the restroom stall to hang your doll. They've thought of everything here. I was going to take a picture of the special hanger, but there were too many people in the restroom. I didn't want to freak someone out by taking a picture and thinking I was a perv or something. :rotfl:

The Doll Salon
DSC01055.jpg

When we walked into the store my daughter turned to me and I quote "This is a doll paradise!" She was very cute and in awe of the size of the store and all the dolls and accessories. However, she already knew what doll she wanted. She had been studying the catalog we got in the mail. So, when a salewoman asked if we needed help, my daughter told her what doll she was looking for. The saleswoman led us through the store right to the display. Emily (DD8) chose Lanie. She is the Girl of the Year 2010. She is such a perfect fit for Emily. Each doll has a story and a book that goes with her. Lanie is a nature girl. That is so Emily. For such a young age, Emily is aware of her surroundings and preserving our Earth. They are doing construction near her school and the workers knocked down some trees. Emily gathered some classmates during recess and they were chanting to the workers "Save our trees!" Emily came home and told me they couldn't "harass" the workers anymore. :rotfl: That's my girl! :thumbsup2

Emily with Lanie.
DSC01053.jpg
DSC01085.jpg

The Bistro was something else. They have special chairs that attach to the table where your doll can have lunch with you. They even brought out a cup and saucer for the dolls. The lunch was surprisingly good. We plan to go back for another "Girls Day" and bring Lanie to lunch again.

Lunch at the American Girl Bistro.
DSC01066.jpg

If you have a daughter and have one of these in your area, I highly recommend it! However, go into with the knowledge that it is NOT cheap. But in my opinion, well worth it when I saw the smile on my daughter's face. And her continued smiles when we got home as she is caring for her American Girl doll.

The end of a fun day at the American Girl store in Dallas.
DSC01106.jpg

Now, this is where I say what have I started though because Emily has already stated she is asking Santa for another doll to keep Lanie company ... :headache:

:goodvibes Jennifer

As Todd mentioned, there is a special hanger in the restroom stall to hang your doll. They've thought of everything here. I was going to take a picture of the special hanger, but there were too many people in the restroom. I didn't want to freak someone out by taking a picture and thinking I was a perv or something. :rotfl:

Just call me a perv!! :rotfl:

CIMG2853.jpg

We stopped at the American Girl Store when we were exploring the LA Farmers Market and The Grove. We were the first ones in the store so the bathrooms weren't crowded. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter