11/9 - 11/15 Trip Upcoming

Flinger

Earning My Ears
So, we are flying in on the 9th and flying out on the 16th. We are staying at the Polynesian. We have 5 day park hopper passes. We already have our magic bands.

Since we will be there 6 fulls days and have a 5 day park hopper pass, can we pick which day we don't hit the parks or is that automatically the last full day we are there?

What are some Disney activities to do on non-park days?

You can use the park hoppers for five out of the six days. Doesn't matter which days.

We like to hit up Downtown Disney, other resorts, and the minigolf on our non-park days.

I highly recommend visiting other resorts. There is a lot to see and do! Especially since holiday decorations will be going up. I remember visiting other resorts with my parents and siblings as kids, they would get a cocktail, we would get an appetizer and then we would hit another resort to see what they had to offer! (if you haven't seen AKL, it is well worth the trip)
Also downtown disney is really fun to walk around, shop and my favorite, the christmas store where we always get ornaments marking the dates of the trip we are on.
If you take an off day in the early/middle of your trip, then you can have your packages sent back to your resort and you don't have to lug them around with you.

Is there minigolf on the disney premises?

I got a little crazy and started booking FPP at all the parks before I remembered that we weren't going for one of the days. Does having FPP reserved for Thursday preclude me from using my parkhopper on Friday if we don't hit the parks on Thursday?

If we decide to hit the resorts on our off day, are there any must see resorts other than AKL?

Any resorts have cool things for kids besides the always popular swimming?

1) Is there minigolf on the disney premises?

I got a little crazy and started booking FPP at all the parks before I remembered that we weren't going for one of the days. 2) Does having FPP reserved for Thursday preclude me from using my parkhopper on Friday if we don't hit the parks on Thursday?

3) If we decide to hit the resorts on our off day, are there any must see resorts other than AKL?

4) Any resorts have cool things for kids besides the always popular swimming?
1) Yes. There are a couple different courses. Fantasia Gardens and Winter-Summerland. I've not done either, so I can't expand on that, but it may be worthwhile to look them up. Bonus for Winter-Summerland since it's "attached" to Blizzard Beach making it a simple bus ride away.

2) In a sense, yes. FP+ is tied to the number of days on your tickets. So, if you have 5 day tickets and book Sun-Thu, you will not be able to book FP+ for Friday. However, at this time, I don't know what happens if you skip a planned day (if you can then reserve FP+ for another day, so long as you have valid admission, or they go into the nether.)

3-4) As much as I've tried to be, I'm not a resort hopper, so I can't really answer this well.

I got a little crazy and started booking FPP at all the parks before I remembered that we weren't going for one of the days. Does having FPP reserved for Thursday preclude me from using my parkhopper on Friday if we don't hit the parks on Thursday?

No, it doesn't 't. You will only be able to make FP+ selections for five days though. I would figure out which day you will be skipping the parks so you can make FP+ selections for all of your park days.

If we decide to hit the resorts on our off day, are there any must see resorts other than AKL?

The Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge and Art of Animation would be my suggestions. We usually eat at one of the other resorts on a day when we do a resort -hop.

Any resorts have cool things for kids besides the always popular swimming?

You won't be allowed to swim at any of the other resorts. Fort Wilderness has a nightly campfire with a visit from Chip & Dale. It is followed by a Disney movie under the stars. From the Poly just take the monorail to either the Magic Kingdom or Contemporary and then boat to Fort Wilderness from there. Once at FW ask any cast Member how to get to the campfire and they will direct you. You can either walk or take the internal bus.

Have a great trip!

So, we are flying in on the 9th and flying out on the 16th. We are staying at the Polynesian. We have 5 day park hopper passes. We already have our magic bands.

Since we will be there 6 fulls days and have a 5 day park hopper pass, can we pick which day we don't hit the parks or is that automatically the last full day we are there?

What are some Disney activities to do on non-park days?
Please whatever you do DON'T do a non-park day!

1. You are only there for 6 days.
2. The cost of adding the 6th day to your tickets is something like $9 per ticket.
3. You are staying at the Poly on the monorail line.
4. You can see the Magic Kingdom from your beach.
5. You can schedule your favorite 3 headline attractions with FP+ with no wait back-to-back-to-back.

Please, please, please just purchase the 6th day ticket, schedule 3 FP+ for the evening of your planned non-park day, write down my DIS screen name and thank me when you get back. If you think you wasted the $9 per ticket I will send you a check when you get home from your trip.

With FP+ there is no need to skip the parks for the whole day, especially if you are on the monorail line. Even if you spend 85% of the day away from the park, just pop in for your favorite three rides, without the lines and head back to the resort for the rest of the day.

2. The cost of adding the 6th day to your tickets is something like $9 per ticket.
5. You can schedule your favorite 3 headline attractions with FP+ with no wait back-to-back-to-back.

Please, please, please just purchase the 6th day ticket, schedule 3 FP+ for the evening of your planned non-park day, write down my DIS screen name and thank me when you get back. If you think you wasted the $9 per ticket I will send you a check when you get home from your trip.

With FP+ there is no need to skip the parks for the whole day, especially if you are on the monorail line. Even if you spend 85% of the day away from the park, just pop in for your favorite three rides, without the lines and head back to the resort for the rest of the day.

I second this. At $9 bucks for that extra day, I would say go to a park even if its just for the 3 FP+ choices. As for mini-golf, Winter Summerland is really really fun! I would recommend it for part of that day. Fantasia Gardens is average to below-average. Have a great trip! :cool1:

This is pretty good advice. We have a trip next week and on our non resort day we plan to hang out at the resort all day but then in the late afternoon we are heading to Hollywood Studios for a Dinner reservation and have fastpass+ for RRC, TT, and Fantasmic.

Are you saying it is 9 dollars extra per ticket in addition to the $400 for four people to go to the park?

Are you saying it is 9 dollars extra per ticket in addition to the $400 for four people to go to the park?

A 5 day parkhopper with tax is $370.62 A 6 day PH with tax is 381.27. So it's like $10.50 for a whole extra day at a park. Mini golf is around $12 for maybe an hour? I would take the extra park day like others suggested.

Yes ,I just don't remember if it is 9 or 10 or maybe 11 dollars, per ticket more for the extra day. It depends on if you have the water park option or not. It is really worth that extra money if you can swing it.

Laura

Yes ,I just don't remember if it is 9 or 10 or maybe 11 dollars, per ticket more for the extra day. It depends on if you have the water park option or not. It is really worth that extra money if you can swing it.

Laura

It's $10.65 a day ($10 + 6.5% tax), and it doesn't matter if you've got the water park option or not.

How do I add the sixth day for only $10.65 a ticket? When I go through My Disney Experience and try to buy a single day ticket it is quoting something around 400.

How do I add the sixth day for only $10.65 a ticket? When I go through My Disney Experience and try to buy a single day ticket it is quoting something around 400.

You don't buy another single day ticket. You add an additional day to your 5 day ticket.

If you booked your tickets when you made the room reservation, you may be able to call up and change to 6 day tickets. If you bought tickets separately and already have them physically, after you go into a park one day, you can go to Guest Relations and have them upgrade it to a 6 day. It does not have to be the first day, but it cannot be the last day (after you already used 5 days the ticket would be done).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter