• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1-95 hotels for drive down?

EPCOT66bye

Future World Lead
Would love to hear recommendations for inexpensive (under $100) rooms for the mid-drive break on the way down to Orlando. From Richmond, it's only 12 hours but that's just slightly too long for the kids, so we'll break it up to a 4-hour and and 8 hour drive. Any thoughts on Fayetteville, NC and Savannah, GA?

We're coming from VA too! Last time we drove down (from Quantico Marine base) was back in January 2008. We stopped for the night in Florence, SC and there were tons of typical chain hotels and restaurants.

This time we're driving down in a couple weeks and are going to try to make it as far as Jacksonville Fl, because we want to be able to go to a park the first day--we figure if we leave our hotel in Jacksonville by 8 am, we should arrive at the parking lot of Epcot around 11 am. It will be about a 11 hour drive for us to get from NoVa to Jacksonville, but we're ok with that. Last summer we drove to Mammoth Cave, KY. It was 10 hours of driving (not including meal/restroom breaks) and we still had a tent and campfire to set up once we got there! :)

We drive from NJ. A 12 hour trip day one and a 4 hour day 2.

We stop around Savanah- we stay by the airport though as we need a suites hotel(party of 6) they just built up a TON of hotels at that exit so they are all relatively new
Here is an exit by exit listing of hotels. We always had good luck with Fairfield Inn when we were a smaller party.
http://i95exitguide.com/lodging/index.php

We drive from NJ. A 12 hour trip day one and a 4 hour day 2.

We stop around Savanah- we stay by the airport though as we need a suites hotel(party of 6) they just built up a TON of hotels at that exit so they are all relatively new
Here is an exit by exit listing of hotels. We always had good luck with Fairfield Inn when we were a smaller party.
http://i95exitguide.com/lodging/index.php

How FAST are you driving? Are you south, south Jersey? We live in NY and we've started at 10PM and gotten to I-Drive around 10 the next night. This is with bathroom, gas and meal stops, plus quick naps.

We stop at the Courtyard by Marriot in Brunswick GA.Its just off the exit.Its around $100 a night, but very nice and clean and very nice breakfast buffet saves a stop later to eat(sometimes you can book where breakfast is free).It leaves about 4 hours to Disney.It`s right at 240 miles.

We always stay in Santee South Carlolina at the Days Inn. Nice pool. nice clean rooms, and right off the higway :thumbsup2

LOL, I was about to say, Chez creativeamanda in Fayetteville.

I've stayed at the Best Western in Richmond Hill, just south of Savannah--it was inexpensive, clean, and fairly new. I think I paid about $70 for it.

I would head a little further South than Fayetteville and stay in Lumberton. It's about 20 miles south. The Comfort Inn on Dawn Drive in Lumberton is a new construction--within the past 3 years. The price tag on that one is $96. Being a new construction right off of the interstate near Walmart, Lowe's, and the little bit of commerce in Lumberton is helpful. I would NOT suggest going further south and staying in Dillon, SC anywhere near South of the Border (ick).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter