ª"˜˜ª¤.¸Team August 2013 Thread! (Part 2)¸.¤ª˜˜"ª&#9733

Thank you so much to all of you for the information you are sharing while you are there. I'm super excited about the bounceback offer, and I love hearing how all your trips are going. We have 6 days! I can't wait. I fell like I have a million things to do yet. Trying to get school stuff in order before we leave too for the kids. They only have one day of summer vacation left when we return, and that will probably be spent getting DS's locker loaded up. Glad everyone is having a great time!

We still have 3 sleeps before we leave, 4 before we're in WDW. It still feels surreal, kind of like we're not really actually going. Weird, I know! I think it's because I really feel sad that we're leaving the kids. I'm happy to be going on an alone trip with dh, but I know how hard it's going to be saying goodbye to the kids since the older two know where we're going and my younger two are so attached to me and I've never been away from them for more than a couple nights. The only thing that makes it doable is knowing we're taking them back next year in August for a full two weeks. I think once we actually get past the goodbye and start our holiday it'll get a little easier. Right now I'm just nervous on how my youngest is going to react to being away from me for so long. :(

90 minutes left in my final workday before vacation!!! :cool1:

We are out the door on Thursday evening.......so much to do over the next three days, I am sure they will go quickly :thumbsup2 . The next 90 minutes....not so much :rotfl: .

hi all, I am an infrequent poster but have been following faithfully for months and months. Has this ever happened to anyone - i am leaving in 2 days and have been so excited about the trip, Type A planner. Just shut down work completely and I am packing. Suddenly, i am feeling sad??? Depressed??? Grumpy with the kids???:confused3http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/confused24.gif
I'm checking the weather too much and worrying about nonsense like whether i i will have a fridge and just feeling blue. I need to snap out of it- I"m going to Disney!! our fav place!! Maybe just tired and needing sleep. I figured if anyone might have insight it would be here! Thanks for listening, i feel better just saying it http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/flower3.gif

hi all, I am an infrequent poster but have been following faithfully for months and months. Has this ever happened to anyone - i am leaving in 2 days and have been so excited about the trip, Type A planner. Just shut down work completely and I am packing. Suddenly, i am feeling sad??? Depressed??? Grumpy with the kids???:confused3http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/confused24.gif
I'm checking the weather too much and worrying about nonsense like whether i i will have a fridge and just feeling blue. I need to snap out of it- I"m going to Disney!! our fav place!! Maybe just tired and needing sleep. I figured if anyone might have insight it would be here! Thanks for listening, i feel better just saying it http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/flower3.gif

You're 100% not alone. This happens to me before every trip, so I've just gotten used to it. I have generalized anxiety disorder and I always get a huge flare-up in the week before I travel, as well as feeling irrationally sad and grumpy. It usually turns into pure excitement a day or two before I leave though. I'm really not sure why it happens, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one!

You're 100% not alone. This happens to me before every trip, so I've just gotten used to it. I have generalized anxiety disorder and I always get a huge flare-up in the week before I travel, as well as feeling irrationally sad and grumpy. It usually turns into pure excitement a day or two before I leave though. I'm really not sure why it happens, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one!

Thanks for that!

Did you read my post above? I feel the same, not super excited and just don't feel like doing anything to prepare for the trip. Worried about weather, and the whole fastpass double-dipping fiasco because we just have a package reservation so will only have 1 KTTW card each, and we don't have any old room keys, just old package reservation KTTW cards so we won't be able to double-dip and I feel a bit jipped. I know, it's a bit controversial but knowing other people are doing it but I won't be able to kinda' sucks.

So yes, I feel the same as you about our upcoming trip. I have fait though that once we get to our happy place all the grumpiness and fears will melt away and I'm sure we'll have a great trip!

Did you read my post above? I feel the same, not super excited and just don't feel like doing anything to prepare for the trip. Worried about weather, and the whole fastpass double-dipping fiasco because we just have a package reservation so will only have 1 KTTW card each, and we don't have any old room keys, just old package reservation KTTW cards so we won't be able to double-dip and I feel a bit jipped. I know, it's a bit controversial but knowing other people are doing it but I won't be able to kinda' sucks.

So yes, I feel the same as you about our upcoming trip. I have fait though that once we get to our happy place all the grumpiness and fears will melt away and I'm sure we'll have a great trip!

You're right, I missed that! I'm with you - once we land the Disney bubble will take over!!

You're right, I missed that! I'm with you - once we land the Disney bubble will take over!!

Btw, I should have said I know how you feel abut leaving the kids. A little bittersweet. Just think, you'll come back that much better a Mom!

Btw, I should have said I know how you feel abut leaving the kids. A little bittersweet. Just think, you'll come back that much better a Mom!

That's the hope, after a summer of all 4 kids home all day every day I'm starting to go a bit bonkers! :crazy2:

:cool1:"10 days!" I scream inside my head.......so the DH doesn't really know I am completely mad.
I take great comfort in reading this great thread!

Tomorrow we leave !!
Ok so we're finally packed and all the suitcases are in the car, kids are going to wear Jammie's on the plane and we just have to do the last minute stuff in the am.
DH decided not to shower tonight so that means extra early wake up time for me. If I sleep.....

I can't shake the feeling I am forgetting something... But I've checked and rechecked the list... Oh well.

I can't believe it's finally here! It won't feel real until we get to the airport.

Safe travels to all!! Hope everyone has a magical trip!!!

:cool1: Finally hit single digits!! :cool1:

And I have some happy "boys" since telling them that Magic Kingdom is open until 3:00 AM!!! My youngest (17) wants to get there at 9:00 AM for opening and stay until 3:00 AM. I suggest that 18 hours in the Magic Kingdom might be a bit much and he gave me a "are you serious" look and proceeded to say, "There is no such thing as TOO much time at Magic Kindgom".

Awe, I raised me some Disney loving fools!!! :goodvibes

Gina

We still have 3 sleeps before we leave, 4 before we're in WDW. It still feels surreal, kind of like we're not really actually going. Weird, I know! I think it's because I really feel sad that we're leaving the kids. I'm happy to be going on an alone trip with dh, but I know how hard it's going to be saying goodbye to the kids since the older two know where we're going and my younger two are so attached to me and I've never been away from them for more than a couple nights. The only thing that makes it doable is knowing we're taking them back next year in August for a full two weeks. I think once we actually get past the goodbye and start our holiday it'll get a little easier. Right now I'm just nervous on how my youngest is going to react to being away from me for so long. :(

Awe, that's tough. Hang in there and know that YOU time and COUPLE time are sooooooo important and strengthen your family and make you better parents and spouses!! Have a great trip and just focus on the fact that you're all going next year and this is just a "practice run" :goodvibes!!

I wish we left my kids home. Lol. Enjoy your adult Disney time!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter