“We better get towel animals, it’s our honeymoon!!” PTR Update:Started Trip Report!

Hey everybody! Finally updating again. I have been pretty busy, went to a bridal shower for a friend of mine. She is getting married two weeks before me. I also have my other best friend (who is also a bridesmaid in my wedding and I am a bridesmaid in hers) getting married two weeks after me!

Only 56 days left until my wedding and that means only 57 days until DISNEY!!! I wish I could be more excited but wedding planning has gotten me a little stressed. I will be relieved when it's all over and the actual day arrives and I get to marry the love of my life :love:

Well, enough mushy stuff. Onto WDW Updates. I just got off the phone and I booked our Behinds the Seeds tour for 11:15am on our second day there! In case anyone is interested it was $32 total for two adults. I think it's a great deal and we are both going to really love the tour, so I can't wait!!:woohoo:

Day 5

After our more relaxing day, we are going to the movies!!!! That's right, DHS here we come. If I had to pick a park that Andy might like more than the others, I think this one might be it. I know he will love the Indy stunt show, and Lights,Motors,Action. I think he'll also enjoy Star Tours and the Muppets. Funnily enough, he will not ride ToT or RnRc with me, as he does not like thrill rides, but I am hoping over the course of our week there he will possibly try RnRc. He'll also at least go through the line at ToT and see all the cool stuff.

Now of course my major plan like everyone on the boards is to get to DHS at rope drop and make a mad dash for Toy Story. I figured we can grab FPs and then jump in line before it gets too long. I have a feeling that riding it twice is going to be a must. That's the only thing I've really planned out, everything else will be play it by ear.

For our ADR's, I feel that I should explain something before I tell you what they are. For our wedding, we are doing a 50's theme. I'm rocking a vintage 1950's wedding gown and he's gunna do his hair pompadour style. We are having 50's music and serving Burgers, Fries and Malted Milkshakes at our reception. Basically, I love the 50's.....like should have been born then. So, you can guess where we are going!!

For lunch I thought we could dine under the stars and a giant movie screen at the Sci-Fi Drive In @ 12:25pm. Then for dinner we are going to dine with mom and some cousins at 50's Prime Time @ 6:00. It's just going to be awesome to do something reminiscent of our wedding on our honeymoon.

After dinner, we may head over to the Streets of America to see the Osbourne lights, but I'm not sure when all of that goes down, so we may just skip it for another year. We will head back to our resort and I am going to try to book a horse drawn carriage ride for 9:00pm so we can take a nice romantic tour of our resort. I figured this would be the best night for it since DHS doesn't take much time to knock out and I don't have much interest in seeing Fantasmic again. It was ok and I'll see it again one day, but I don't think Andy will really care about it and in the end I don't want to wait in line for 2 hours just to see the show.

More updates soon, hopefully I'll have gotten more done!

Love all of your plans so far!!

Your DH is going to have a wonderful honeymoon and first visit to WDW!

I LOVE YOUR WEDDING THEME!! Would love to hear more of your plans. I'm still detaching myself from the wedding planning world, haha.

I LOVE YOUR WEDDING THEME!! Would love to hear more of your plans. I'm still detaching myself from the wedding planning world, haha.

Aww, thank you! I would love to go into a little more detail, I guess I'll make a separate little wedding entry:

I posted a link to my dress, but I can post a picture here since I am so in love with it. It's a vintage 1950's wedding gown that I actually found on ebay. It still needs to be altered, but it's in beautiful condition and for the most part fits me like a glove.

wd1.jpg

My hair is going to be done up in large 50's style curls and I am wearing an ivory birdcage veil that goes just over my eyes. It also has an ivory flower that goes on the side of my hair with little pearls and feathers. I'll even be wearing stockings with seams going down the back of my legs. My bouquet is going to be all red roses and it will have pearls placed throughout. I'm still debating buying short lace gloves.

Andy is going to be wearing a tux, I think with a red vest and black tie. He is wearing brand new black chuck taylors and is doing his hair in that 50's pompadour greaser style. The groomsmen we are style hammering out, but they will have red ties and will also be allowed to wear chucks.

The bridesmaids are wearing this dress:
BridesmaidsDress.jpg

They will be carrying red flowers and also wearing red pumps.

If you haven't guessed yet my colors are red, black, ivory and silver. The reception tables are going to have long stemmed vases filled with black marbles, water and various flowers. They will also be covered with black tables clothes. At each place setting there will be a small red box tied with red, black and silver ribbon. Inside will be a chocolate rose made from red chocolate on top of a small bit of green grass paper. (We are hand making all of these)

Like I said the food will be burgers, pulled pork sandwhiches, cole slaw, french fries, etc. I'm also having made to order malted milkshakes, which to me is the most important part!!! For our wedding cake it's going to be a simple white cake but will have black and red roses (with silver leaves) on the top and then have some going down one side on each tier. It will be hazelnut praline with an apricot buttercream filling.

All of our music is going to be old 50's music, rockabilly, and some swing. For our song, it's Dean Martin singing I Can't Give You Anything But Love, which is one of our favorite songs we sing to each other once and awhile. I'm in love with old movies and made him watch Bring Up Baby with Katherine Hepburn and Cary Grant. They constantly sing this song to a leopard named Baby throughout the movie and of course eventually fall in love. So it's a running joke between us that I'm Susan and he's David, and our pet rat is Baby (far cry from a leopard, but she's still our little troublemaker :laughing: )

For our ceremony, my aunt is officiating! I will be playing Disney music from the Disney Fairy Tale Weddings CD while guests are arriving and sitting down. The bridesmaids will walk down the aisle to Love is a Song, instrumental (from Bambi) and I will be walking down the aisle to the instrumental version of Moon River. Our exit song is still being worked out, but I'm thinking of doing The 5,6,7,8's WooHoo (from Kill Bill).

Here is our wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/andyandtaryn/ Our engagement photos are under photo gallery and they were taking by our wedding photographer! He does amazing work and I'm so excited for our wedding photos.

PHEW!! That's as much as I can think of right now. :upsidedow

Love all of your plans so far!!

Your DH is going to have a wonderful honeymoon and first visit to WDW!

Thank you! I really hope he does, I mean I already know I'll have a good time cause I love Disney, but in the end, my goal is to make him fall in love with it too. I've already talked him into going next year for MNSSHP :rotfl:

They will also be covered with black tables clothes. At each place setting there will be a small red box tied with red, black and silver ribbon. Inside will be a chocolate rose made from red chocolate on top of a small bit of green grass paper. (We are hand making all of these)

I speak this language fluently. Wedding speak. :laughing: We did almost everything DIY. I hand made 200 invitations... and programs... which were booklets... with three sheets of paper in them... I think we ordered 300 yards of ribbon? DH's SIL worked for a florist, so we made all the bouquets the day of. My mom helped decorate the church, and DH's mom helped decorate the reception site. It was madness. But it was awesome.

Oh my word! I absolutely love your wedding dress and your bridemaids' dresses. They are gorgeous!

Thank you!! I spent countless hours hunting down these dresses on the internet. I am quite proud of my finds. :goodvibes

I speak this language fluently. Wedding speak. :laughing: We did almost everything DIY. I hand made 200 invitations... and programs... which were booklets... with three sheets of paper in them... I think we ordered 300 yards of ribbon? DH's SIL worked for a florist, so we made all the bouquets the day of. My mom helped decorate the church, and DH's mom helped decorate the reception site. It was madness. But it was awesome.

More things would have been DIY if my mother were not such a busy woman. She is THE craft lady and in fact turned my bedroom into her craft room as soon as I moved into my own place. She did handmake our save the dates, and she also is making our invitations (which are just about finished) She also figured out some way to decorate our wedding flutes so it looks like our names and wedding date have been etched into the glass.

There are so many things I would love to steal from your wedding ideas... Just don't think I could get DF on board... grrr!

Day 5

After our more relaxing day, we are going to the movies!!!! That's right, DHS here we come. If I had to pick a park that Andy might like more than the others, I think this one might be it. I know he will love the Indy stunt show, and Lights,Motors,Action. I think he'll also enjoy Star Tours and the Muppets. Funnily enough, he will not ride ToT or RnRc with me, as he does not like thrill rides, but I am hoping over the course of our week there he will possibly try RnRc. He'll also at least go through the line at ToT and see all the cool stuff.

Now of course my major plan like everyone on the boards is to get to DHS at rope drop and make a mad dash for Toy Story. I figured we can grab FPs and then jump in line before it gets too long. I have a feeling that riding it twice is going to be a must. That's the only thing I've really planned out, everything else will be play it by ear.

For our ADR's, I feel that I should explain something before I tell you what they are. For our wedding, we are doing a 50's theme. I'm rocking a vintage 1950's wedding gown and he's gunna do his hair pompadour style. We are having 50's music and serving Burgers, Fries and Malted Milkshakes at our reception. Basically, I love the 50's.....like should have been born then. So, you can guess where we are going!!

For lunch I thought we could dine under the stars and a giant movie screen at the Sci-Fi Drive In @ 12:25pm. Then for dinner we are going to dine with mom and some cousins at 50's Prime Time @ 6:00. It's just going to be awesome to do something reminiscent of our wedding on our honeymoon.

After dinner, we may head over to the Streets of America to see the Osbourne lights, but I'm not sure when all of that goes down, so we may just skip it for another year. We will head back to our resort and I am going to try to book a horse drawn carriage ride for 9:00pm so we can take a nice romantic tour of our resort. I figured this would be the best night for it since DHS doesn't take much time to knock out and I don't have much interest in seeing Fantasmic again. It was ok and I'll see it again one day, but I don't think Andy will really care about it and in the end I don't want to wait in line for 2 hours just to see the show.

More updates soon, hopefully I'll have gotten more done!

This sounds like a fabulous day! Like your soon-to-be DH, DHS is my favorite park! Love the rides, the show, the atmosphere, everything!! :cool1: I can't wait to get a milkshake at Sci-Fi! :cloud9:

BTW - I love your dresses!! :goodvibes

Day Six

Finally we make it to Animal Kingdom!! Although it’s not my complete favorite, I hope one day it can be. I just love animals and I love being able to see them all in Disney. I feel like if they were able to add on another land and some more E-ticket attractions this place would be SO AWESOME! Even though it’s already awesome…but I digress. I don’t plan on getting here at rope drop, mostly because I don’t need to make the mad dash to EE. I rode it last time I was there and for some reason did not really like it despite my LOVE for roller coasters. I am terrified of heights and for some reason going backwards triggered the nausea and uncomfortable feeling I normally get. Andy won’t ride it at all, so unless there is like no line, we’ll most likely skip it. I mostly plan to walk through most of the trails and see as many animals as possible, including the tigers!

At some point we’ll head back to the front for our lunch reservation at Rainforest Café @ 1:00pm. Some people don’t really like Rainforest Café but I love it. I think the food is good and the atmosphere is fun. I would have skipped it but Andy has never been before and I wanted him to see it at least once. I think he’ll like it!

I plan on hitting up Nemo, KS, Dinosaur, FOTLK and ITTBAB at least. Kali River rapids is a maybe depending on weather and Primeval Whirl will just depend on the line. The park is only open until 5, so we will probably stay until then, but if we get everything done we can head back to our rooms to rest for the evening events.

Eventually we will have to head over to DTD for our 7pm ADR at Planet Hollywood. Now I wasn’t super impressed with Planet Hollywood but we have a $15 voucher and I want to use it!! I figure we can get one meal and share it, or if it comes to it the voucher at least pays for one entrée. It’s still a cheaper option either way and it allows us to be close to the thing I’m most excited about!

At 9:00pm we are going to see Cirque du Soleil!!! I’ve done most things at Disney, but have never had the chance to do this. I have seen it on TV and am just so amazed. I cannot wait to see it live, and we have awesome seats. It will be the perfect ending to our night.

There are so many things I would love to steal from your wedding ideas... Just don't think I could get DF on board... grrr!

Well if you manage to convince DF otherwise, please feel free!! I got a lot of ideas from looking at other people's weddings on the internet.

This sounds like a fabulous day! Like your soon-to-be DH, DHS is my favorite park! Love the rides, the show, the atmosphere, everything!! :cool1: I can't wait to get a milkshake at Sci-Fi! :cloud9:

BTW - I love your dresses!! :goodvibes

Oh god, I want a milkshake right now!!! I can't wait for it! And thank you :)

It all sounds so wonderful! I wish you and your honey the best! :woohoo: DH and I have been married for three years, and will be at WDW the same week as you! We are going to MK on veteran's day (he is active army, I was air force) but I hope you are right about the crowds! :rotfl: All the advice I think of telling you about my wedding, comes down to one main thing: make sure to tell your bridemaids step by step what you invision that day... I had it all planned, but tried to do it all myself without sharing, and on the wedding day, the bride is just to busy to worry about the little things! most importantly, relax and just love your honey!!!!! good luck to both of you! :flower3:

Congrats on your upcoming wedding and honeymoon! We are going on our honeymoon just a few weeks before you.

I LOVE your wedding dress! I thought about doing a 50s style dress, but then decided I only have one chance to wear an uber-lacey vintage-y looking dress. So mine is more reminiscent of the early twenties I guess, with lots of buttons up the back that actually need to be buttoned, one by one - no hidden zipper! (My maid of honor just loves that ;) )

I see you guys have an ADR at Raglan Road - we've been there a few times and really like it. I think you guys will have a good time there.

It all sounds so wonderful! I wish you and your honey the best! :woohoo: DH and I have been married for three years, and will be at WDW the same week as you! We are going to MK on veteran's day (he is active army, I was air force) but I hope you are right about the crowds! :rotfl: All the advice I think of telling you about my wedding, comes down to one main thing: make sure to tell your bridemaids step by step what you invision that day... I had it all planned, but tried to do it all myself without sharing, and on the wedding day, the bride is just to busy to worry about the little things! most importantly, relax and just love your honey!!!!! good luck to both of you! :flower3:
PS.. Redheads are HOT!! :rotfl: (so my DH keeps telling me!) :jumping1:

Thank you for the advice! I tend to try to do everything myself too, so I'll have to remember to distribute some jobs around.

And yeah redheads are hot!!! :woohoo: Maybe we will see you guys at WDW!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding and honeymoon! We are going on our honeymoon just a few weeks before you.

I LOVE your wedding dress! I thought about doing a 50s style dress, but then decided I only have one chance to wear an uber-lacey vintage-y looking dress. So mine is more reminiscent of the early twenties I guess, with lots of buttons up the back that actually need to be buttoned, one by one - no hidden zipper! (My maid of honor just loves that ;) )

I see you guys have an ADR at Raglan Road - we've been there a few times and really like it. I think you guys will have a good time there.

Oooo your dress sounds pretty. I love vintage looking dresses, I just think they are so unique! All the dresses in the bridal shops now are a strapless and poofy! Fine for most women, but just not my style.

I love Raglan Road and my DH loves Irish pub like places so I know we are going to have a blast. So excited!

Day Seven

Our last day in Disney World…Boo!! I’m depressed just writing about it and I’m not even there yet. I just hate knowing our magical honeymoon has an end. Ah well. This day we will get up around 9:00am so that we can check out at 10:00. It seems a little early but we are going to Kona Café @ 11:05am for brunch. I want to make sure we have enough time and if we get there early we can just explore the Polynesian, which is so beautiful!

After dining and exploring at the resort, I am going to do another Disney first for me. We have a voucher for a free round of mini-golf and I thought why not! So we are going to go to Fantasia Gardens for some fun. I haven’t played mini golf in ages so I’m kind of excited.

Now for the final activity for the day we are heading over to the Boardwalk. Now this involves another back story. I don’t know how many of you are familiar with Man vs. Food, but Andy and I like to watch it from time to time. It’s this guy that goes around the US trying to eat food challenges that are offered at various restaurants. It’s usually large quantities of food that have to be finished in like a certain time limit or finishing the spiciest dish, etc. While watching it one night, Andy looked at me and said “Do they have something like that at Disney!?!?!” The first thing I could think of was The Kitchen Sink at Beaches and Cream. I showed him some pictures and videos and now he is psyched to try and eat it all (with my help of course). So this will be our last stop for our trip.

After that we will probably head back to POR to catch our ME bus to the airport. Our flight is at 8:45pm. And that concludes my day by day plans of our Disneymoon. I’ll keep upating as I make more plans and also post some wedding stuff. I’m having a Disney Princess Bridal Shower!! WAHOO!! Mom and I went to Party City today and picked up all the supplies. I'll post more pictures of all the decorations when we have the actual shower, but here is an invitation:

bridalshowerinvite.jpg

Next post, my awesome spreadsheet!!

And here it is!!! My wonderful and awesome spreadsheet that has just about everything I need!! It's a little smaller than the actual spreadsheet so it may be hard to read the side notes but they are just reminders of little things to do that I've missed in the past. You also can't see the little park images but I just took them from the disney site. (I'll post them below for anyone that wants to use them.) All confirmation numbers are blurred out:

spreadsheet.png

animalkingdom.jpg
blizzardbeach.jpg
downtowndisney.jpg
epcot.jpg
hollywoodstudios.jpg
magickingdom.jpg
typhoonlagoon.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!