“OHMYGOSH, I’M SOAKED” – Walt Disney World Vacation 2012 (Completed May 24, 2013!)

LibbyLovesDisney

A most peculiar madmoiselle
Let me start out by saying,
:welcome:
WELCOME TO MY FIRST OFFICIAL TRIP REPORT! :wave2:

Before I begin my tale of the best Disney vacation I've ever had, I'll tell you a little need to know information.

We'll start with the cast of our show!

692a.jpg

Hello there!
This would be yours truly & your host for this incredible journey, Libby! princess:
I've been obsessed with all things Disney forever. I was born into a Disney loving family (THANK GOD). I can literally say that Disney is my life. I planned this trip all by myself for my boyfriend, (Ryan, you'll meet him right after this!) & me! This was the most memorable & hilarious trip I have ever taken!

Few things about me,

Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Disney Characters: Belle, Pocahontas, Merida, Buzz Lightyear, Woody, & Tigger
Favorite Ride: Splash Mountain, Toy Story Mania, & Tower of Terror
Number of visits to Disney World: 15+ (Never actually kept track)

Our next member is, none other than, RYAN!

760g.jpg

This was actually Ryan's first trip to Disney! I know, I couldn't believe it either. We've been together for 4 years now, & thanks to me, he is beginning to be a Disney lover as well!

Favorite Park: Animal Kingdom
Favorite Disney Characters: Buzz Lightyear, Woody, Pooh, Wreck-It Ralph
Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror & Kilimanjaro Safari
Number of visits to Disney World: THIS WAS THE FIRST! :banana:

Our final member of the group is my bestfriend/cousin, Kelly!

810uq.jpg

This picture actually goes along with the title of this TR, but you'll find out more about that when the time comes!

Kelly actually lives in Florida, & everytime I go down, we ALWAYS make a plan to see eachother. She is in Disney almost every weekend (so it seems) so clearly Disney-obsessiveness runs in the family! ;)

Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom (must be a family thing too! ;))
Favorite Disney Characters: Peter Pan & Wendy Darling
Favorite Ride: Expedition Everest
Number of visits to Disney World: I'm not even going to ATTEMPT to guess this.
WOAAAAH!
So this is completely insane, as I was typing this out she actually texted me how many times she has been there! WHAT A COINCIDENCE!
She said the person she had check her pass said 26 times, but we both know it is WAY more than that! We said, "MAYBE 26 TIMES A MONTH?!":confused3

If we ever figure out the real number, I'll be sure to share!

That closes up our main cast list, however my Aunt Beth (Kelly's mom, whom I refer to as Momma) & Cousin Ashley made a guest appearance too!

Now that you know who we are, I think we can get this show on the road!

Lights! Motors! ....
Oh wait, that's not right... :rotfl:
It's time for the show!

Hello! :wave2:
Looks like the start to an awesome report...I'll definitely be following!
My cousin's name is Kelly too and we're also really close!

Yay!!! Looking forward to reading! BTW I love your BF's 'eers shirt! I went to WVU for my masters degree!

Hey this is Hannah from the twitter world! Sounds great so far and I can't wait to read more :)

Hey girl! It's Marissa from twitter (although I'm sure you realized that considering I have the exact same name on here)! :laughing:

I'm definitely in for this! You're doing awesome so far. Can't wait to hear about it!

Joining in!! I completely understand being born into a Disney family. Sometimes I tell people it has to be genetic :rotfl: can't wait to read more.

I had planned on updating this past Saturday, but as well know, LIFE IS BUSY!
But we're here at last! THE PRETRIP REPORT! :cool1:

I felt this was a necessary post to just explain a few things!
First things first, as I said before, this was Ryan's very first trip to the wonderful Walt Disney World! How he made it 19 years without going is beyond me. But thanks to his wonderful loving girlfriend, (moi) he is finally going to experience the joy. party:

I had been making tons of different trip options & finally found one that I thought we could afford! I practically cried when I totaled it up! :sad: (happy tears of course)

I presented Ryan with the idea & I hate to say this... but he didn't think Disney would be fun..
I know..
I'll let that sink in...

:faint:

Okay, get back up, we'll handle this!
I talked & talked & talked & talked about it & after about a month of negotiating & convincing,
HE SAID WE COULD BOOK THE TRIP! :cheer2:

I discussed this with my mother & asked her if we could book it with her card & I could pay her back as I got the money...
she said yes right away! (YAY TONI)

Immediately after she says yes, I sprinted to the computer & I was shaking.. it had been 3 whole years since I had been to my home. I couldn't believe it. It was all too much & I actually had to sit down for a while because I was crying so hard. Oh silly, Disney loving me.

SO, after that commotion, I finally booked our trip!
It was booked on September 26, 2011! WE WERE GOING TO DISNEY! ::MickeyMo:mickeyjum

Our trip was planned for May 27, 2012-June 2, 2012!
We were going to be staying at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort for a 7 day, 6 night magical adventure!

The payment process was all very exciting.
Everytime we would make a payment, I would record it on my phone..

photodu.png

There is a rather large payment in there on January 11,
I just want to take this moment to thank my dad & my stepmom for the abundance of Disney gift cards they gave us for Christmas to help with this trip. (emotional moment) :love:

I felt that was all necessary, so let's get on with the show,
this brings us tooo...
When I got our Magical Express things in the mail! WOOOO!
This was my first time taking the Magical Express & let me just say, I LOVE IT! but we'll get to that! ;)

471hn.jpg

I cried hysterically after opening this.

& now...

THE DAY BEFORE DISNEY! :cheer2:

I will make a comment here that effects the whole trip report.
I had not been planning on making one of these, so I don't have as many pictures as I would like to have of every little detail, but I have enough.
The next one I will go the whole nine yards & have TONS of pictures for ya'll!

ANYWHO.

I was basically a huge hot mess. I was running around, packing just about everything I own. I was staying at Ryan's house that night & was getting ready to head over there. My mom was emotional the whole time, she's just beautiful, <3
Finally I was ready to go!
I lugged my suitcases into the car & off to Ryan's I went!
I had to pack for him because he didn't know what to bring! Such a travel novice!
This is one of my favorite packing pictures, it said 1 DAY! WOO!

1809y.jpg

After everything was packed, Ryan fell asleep because our flight was at 6:45 the next morning!
We live about an hour & a half away from the airport & my dad lives 5 minutes, so we were going to drive to his house & he would take us to the airport.
I was just full of too much excitement to sleep!
I set my alarm for 1:45 AM, & ended up getting only 45 minutes of sleep. Oh well! :rolleyes:
& that brings us to the departure day!

SO HERE WE GO! OFF TO NEVERLAND!
Or Disney World, either one is okay with me! :woohoo:

Next!

I am here! (jamejame8) :cool1:

Thanks so much! :)

Hello! :wave2:
Looks like the start to an awesome report...I'll definitely be following!
My cousin's name is Kelly too and we're also really close!

Thank you! It must be something about cousins named Kelly that make them awesome! :laughing:

Yay!!! Looking forward to reading! BTW I love your BF's 'eers shirt! I went to WVU for my masters degree!

Haha! Thank you, i'll be sure to tell him you said that! :thumbsup2

Hey this is Hannah from the twitter world! Sounds great so far and I can't wait to read more :)

Thanks for checking it out! :)

Joining in! This sounds like fun!

Thanks!

Hey girl! It's Marissa from twitter (although I'm sure you realized that considering I have the exact same name on here)! :laughing:

I'm definitely in for this! You're doing awesome so far. Can't wait to hear about it!

I had a feeling it might've been you! hahah! But thank you! Can't wait til you make an appearance in my next TR! :yay:

Joining in!! I completely understand being born into a Disney family. Sometimes I tell people it has to be genetic :rotfl: can't wait to read more.

Thanks! It must be genetic! ;)

Joining in! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip.

Thank you, I can't wait to share it! :goodvibes

Love your pre-trip post! There is just so much excitement before a trip and it's always one of my favorite things to read about in a TR!

I'm so glad Ryan agreed to go! I'm also SO GLAD that you don't have to wait another three years to go back again!!! :woohoo:

Love your pre-trip post! There is just so much excitement before a trip and it's always one of my favorite things to read about in a TR!

I'm so glad Ryan agreed to go! I'm also SO GLAD that you don't have to wait another three years to go back again!!! :woohoo:

Thank you! I know, the excitement is half the fun! :cool1:
& YOU & ME BOTH GIRL! :rotfl2:

This is ya gurl joyful regal! And of course I love this trip report and its perf! My only complaint is that we havent gotten to disney yet! I know, I know, ill be patient. :lmao:

You are so adorable with all your excitement! My DH was the same on our first trip, he was worried he would not like it. Can't wait to read more!

Sounds fun and exciting so far! Can't wait to read more! this reminds me of how much I love to read these

I love the picture with the laptop! I would definitely do that too! So excited to read more about your trip.

IT'S DEPARTURE DAY BABY!
We woke up bright & early, well I did. I basically had to drag Ryan out of the bed, I mean C'MON! WE WERE GOING TO DISNEY TODAY!
We loaded up the car & headed to my dad's house!
We got there around 4AM & moved all our stuff to my dad's truck.
My car was staying there so we didn't have to pay terrible airport parking fees! :thumbsup2

We got the airport around 4:30, & checked our bags at the curb.
Since we used the Magical Express we wouldn't see our luggage until we got to the room! See you in Disney, bags! :wave2:

At this point I got incredibly emotional, this was the first ever Disney trip I would be going without any of my family, especially my dad.
Saying goodbye to him was really hard. I hugged him for about 10 minutes & just cried, (ugh, emotional me) :sad1:
I remember him looking at Ryan & he said, "Now you better take care of my little girl."
Which of course brought more tears! UGH!

We walked through the doors & I waved to my dad until I couldn't see him anymore.
More tears were shed.
Then I got myself together & remembered,
"I WAS GOING TO DISNEY!" :banana:

We made it through security with no problems & were headed to our gate!
These bad boys had been printed out the night before, so we were ready!

imagedrk.jpg

We took some pictures while we were waiting to board!

520l.jpg

Here's our wonderful little plane!

521c.jpg

Now, here is where you are going to have to take my word..
While we were patiently waiting to board our plane, we just happened to glance over.
Who do we see?
Eddie Griffin!
If you don't know who that is, he played in Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo, & he's a comedian.
I don't know WHY I didn't take a picture!
He knew we were looking at him too, he just kept laughing to himself.
We're too obvious. :laughing:

FINALLY, we boarded our plane! We were off to Detroit.
522s.jpg

523nq.jpg

This was Ryan's first airplane trip EVER!
He was a little scared.
I'm terrified of planes, so I'm sure I made him more nervous. :laughing:

We took off at exactly 6:45! Right on time!
Somehow we landed in Detroit early though!

We walked into Detroit airport & it was HUGE!
A little overwhelming.... :confused3

We managed to find our gate after we walked through this really long, cool underground tunnel!
I was fascinated by it, we were actually UNDER the runways!
525z.jpg

We boarded our plane & were off again in no time!
HERE WE COME ORLANDO! :cool1:

Ryan fell asleep on this flight, it was really adorable, :lovestruc

528h.jpg

529sv.jpg

We landed in Orlando at 12:30! Earlier than expected!
I basically sprinted off the plane, shaking with so much happiness.
I'm sure I looked ridiculous, BUT WHO CARES!
I'M ALMOST HOME!

We went to the "fakorail" (fake monorail) & boy, was I excited!:hyper:
Ryan was still a little sleepy.. :rolleyes2

530e.jpg

Where we off to next?

THE MAGICAL EXPRESS!

Next!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter