“Life is too short to eat food that doesn't taste good.” - Feb&March 2013 - Complete

Fulton's

Fulton's is my husband's favorite restaurant in Disney. Its the only place he really asks for me to go to on the trips he joins me on. We had 6:50PM reservations & checked in at 6:30pm & were quickly seated. It made me happy to have ADRs as those walking up were told they were going to have a 50 to 60 minute wait:scared:

We were seated in the back corner in the front area of the boat. The alcove only had 2 tables there which we loved as it was a lot quieter than the main dining areas of the restaurant.

Our server was quick to greet us & as we already knew what we were going to start with - we ordered our appetizers & drinks and started to look at the rest of the menu.

TBgX79M.jpg

Pomegranate Margarita

GjJmBAG.jpg

Crab Dip

EVnG1Am.jpg

Sourdough Bread

JbVOuI4.jpg

Caesar Salad

The salad was a lot smaller than it has been in the past. Still loved it though!

xMHttTn.jpg

Clam Chowder

My husband had no complaints.

As we looked over the dinner menu for our entree selection, we noted that the menu seemed whittled down a ton from our previous visits. Our waiter admitted it was due to their transition to the DDP. I attempted to order the pork belly for my meal to find out that they were sold out of it, making me sad.

My husband ordered:

Ef8OUBD.jpg

Brick Chicken

w/ a side of:

TATfzWH.jpg

King Crab Legs

He loved both his chicken & the crab. The chicken was crispy yet moist with tons of flavor. King Crab is one of the reasons he loves Fulton's. He debated on the claws but as they were going to be $48 for 2 of theme - he decided against it this time around.

I ended up with:
gWgrZ4m.jpg

Cowboy Ribeye

This wouldn't be something I would order first pick on a menu. As my husband ordered the chicken while I was looking at the menu for a back up, I didn't want to get the exact same as him. I never eat Ribeyes (more of a Filet type girl) I went for it. I loved it! The meat had a ton of flavor especially with the sauce.

As we had a ton of food, we passed on dessert & headed back to OKW to relax.

On the horizon for today is a full day at EPCOT with hopefully a lot of food & alcohol plus a dinner with some friends.

Olivia's

We didn't have a plan for breakfast this morning. We originally were just going to go to the quick service place by the pool at OKW but it was chilly this morning so we walked into Olivia's around 7:30am & were quickly seated at a booth in the front.

Menu
hArrLJF.jpg

Decoration by Table
a7MOWUU.jpg

My husband went with a frozen cappuccino.

5v2ISxd.jpg

It was great! On the sweet side but for breakfast, it was a pick-me-up needed to wake someone up.

For breakfast, my husband went for the Pancakes & Eggs
BhORFOt.jpg

He chose ham as his side meat. He finished the plate, so he must have enjoyed it.

I personally, am not a huge breakfast person, especially as of late.
I was super boring & went with Toast & Bacon

ZLjE2RA.jpg

It was real bacon so I was a happy person and the toast was done just how I like it.

We would come back here if staying at OKW again but I wouldn't make a special trip for breakfast.

Flower & Garden Festival Booths

We skipped a formal lunch today & went with eating around World Showcase.

We started Florida Fresh

Watermelon Salad w/ Pickled Red Onions, BW Farms Baby Arugula, Feta Cheese & Balsamic Reduction

WV0RdJL.jpg

This was my pick from the booth. I loved it! The tartness from the red onions and arugula balanced the sweetness from the Balsamic & Watermelon really well. The feta to me didn't add much to the dish but was still nice addition to the salad.

Angel Food Cake w/ Macerated Florida Berries

ZiWqmdy.jpg

The berries were really just strawberries. The cake was nice and fluffy which is how I like my Angel Food Cake but I honestly make a better Angel Food Cake at home.

Our next stop was Jardin de Fiestas

Taco de Carnitas - Pork Carnitas topped w/ Taramindo Salsa, served over flour tortilla w/ pork rinds
Rosita Margarita

tfQ2KS3.jpg

The pork taco was my favorite dish of everything we tried today. The pork was cooked perfectly and the green onions complimented dish nicely. The margarita was refreshing. The rose infusions took some of the bite off the tequila. I did note that the Tequila light was $1 more at the Jardin booth than it was at the Margarita booth further down the pavilion so I'm glad I skipped it!

Conga Fruit Punch (non alcoholic)

ehZt7h1.jpg

My husband wanted to try it but the portion is tiny & mostly just ice.

Our next booth was Lotus House

Spring Pancake w/ Grilled Chicken & Green Apple
Tszouiz.jpg

There was a definite kick to the dish. The pancake was greasy though which took away from the filling. My husband didn't enjoy it but I did.

We headed to Karmelle-Kuche to see if anything sparked our attention to try.

Caramel, Chocolate, Pecan Pretzel
ztY9MLd.jpg

The caramel made the pretzel soften but still was a nice treat!

We skipped the Baurenmrkt & Primavera Kitchen booths.

We did stop at The Smokehouse

Pulled Pig Slider w/ Cole Slaw

jqQKGOI.jpg

The pulled pork was ok. I did live in Georgia up until December so I was lucky to have some good BBQ around me & this just didn't compare to that. The 'hot' bbq sauce wasn't anywhere as 'hot' as a hot bbq should be.

Rocky Road Brownie Mousse
Crx7QQg.jpg

My husband loved it. It was more mousse than brownie but the flavor was there.

We skipped over the Hanami & Taste of Marrakesh booths.

L'Orangerie

La vien rose frozen slush - Grey Goose, St. Germain, White & Red Cranberry Juice

LSARCzX.jpg

Its pretty much a frozen cosmo but I loved it! The cranberry didn't overpower the vodka too much so you could tell there was alcohol in it.

Fish & Chips

My husband wanted to get a Sugar Cookie

qc8U4yx.jpg

It was a fresh (for Disney) soft cookie that hit his sweet spot.

We skipped The Cottage more so because the line was building but I did think about the Goat Brie & now wished I would have tried it.

Our last stop was Pineapple Promenade

Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade

Y4z8Ses.jpg

I would recommend people trying this out! It was refreshing as it was starting to heat up and helped cool us down.

Dole Whip Soft Serve & Dole Whip w/ Siesta key Spiced Rum

iEpH8Rq.jpg

My husband decided against getting one with the rum. His loss! I enjoyed the rum with my dole whip but it wasn't a ton of alcohol with it sadly.

We wandered around the park some more but headed back to Old Key West to relax. I'm currently amused at the bad golfers playing outside our room. (They have hit our building twice now!)

Portobello

We met up with another couple we knew for dinner at Portobello. This was our first time at this restaurant. We were seated shortly after check-in towards the back of the restaurant.

Our server was slow or overworked. It took a while to get our drinks and to fully order our meals and then to get our meals and bill once our dessert was finished.

N5eFnRf.jpg

Limoncello

For our appetizer's, I chose Mozzarella Stuffed Rice Balls
iDAbehS.jpg

They weren't as good as the ones at Via Napoli & rather just bland.

My husband went with Caesar Salad

0oudYkG.jpg

This was good. Although, I would hope for an italian restaurant that is always the case.

For our entrees, I went with the Duck Leg

aqNf5o1.jpg

The duck was slightly overcooked. I've been spoiled by duck lately with a local southwestern restaurant doing monthly Tequila dinners & the past 2 dinners have had duck on the menu for an appetizer once & then entree last time. At those dinners, the duck was so spot on, it probably spoiled me for anything not perfectly cooked.

My husband went with Chicken Farfalle
kMBynvH.jpg

This was on the blander side. My husband's dish actually didn't come until about 5 minutes after the rest of ours because apparently it was initially too dry & had to be retossed with more sauce so its a bit disappointing it was still bland.

For dessert, I had the White Chocolate Custard

IUUerbB.jpg

This was the best part of dinner!

The meal was ok. I don't think we would return anytime soon though.

Ghirardelli

After our dinner, the other couple we were with really wanted Ghirardelli & it has been years since we had gone there. We realized why we usually skip it. Even at 9:30pm, it was packed! We made our way through line and made our selections to wait for our order to be made.

My drink was called shortly - I had Sea Salt Caramel Hot Cocoa
PFJsLLz.jpg

but my husband's Coke Float wasn't ready yet. 20 minutes later, as people that were behind us in line got their sundaes and things, it still wasn't called. I had to fight my way to the front and get someone to make it. :sad2:

Love your reviews. Glad to see the new F&G booths...can't wait to try them myself in May.

Jill in CO

I enjoyed reading your reviews, again! When are you there in Sept/Oct? We arrive on the 29th and leave on the 2nd of October.

Finally hoping to make that ever postponed Food & Wine trip. Maybe we can meet up and say "hi"!

Love your reviews. Glad to see the new F&G booths...can't wait to try them myself in May.

Jill in CO

They were a very nice addition! Overall there weren't a ton of lines - probably because most people don't expect food booths with Flower & Garden festival. Hopefully the crowds stay away from when you are down there.

I enjoyed reading your reviews, again! When are you there in Sept/Oct? We arrive on the 29th and leave on the 2nd of October.

Finally hoping to make that ever postponed Food & Wine trip. Maybe we can meet up and say "hi"!

Glad you enjoyed my reviews. We will be up Sept 20th - 22nd for Halloween Horror Nights (provided the nights match up), Oct 4th to 12th for F&W so it looks like we are just missing each other.

Glad you enjoyed my reviews. We will be up Sept 20th - 22nd for Halloween Horror Nights (provided the nights match up), Oct 4th to 12th for F&W so it looks like we are just missing each other.

Actually I typed wrong, we leave on the 7th, the 2nd is the day we switch from VWL to BCV.

Actually I typed wrong, we leave on the 7th, the 2nd is the day we switch from VWL to BCV.

So I guess we are finally not just missing each then. We're at BLT this trip (although I am waiting on the wait list for Oct 11th but hopefully something opens up in the next 7 months)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter