“Is that the Tower of Terror?! That’s Inappropriate.” A Disneymoon TR! COMPLETE!

What is up with Aurora's smile in that photo? Guess you just caught her off guard.. LOL

That picture of you two with the castle in the background is amazing!!!

I love the dress you wore to Narcossee's! You totally rocked that!

Here's the thing about Aurora... Her smile was just like that. Here's the other picture I have of her.

293172_2332508954688_1367759722_n.jpg

I felt bad saying it, but... She wouldn't have been my choice... :confused3

Several notes/questions after reading through!

I love that you took a picture of that Minnie dress for your future daughter.. I would totz do that, too.

At CR, you said they didn't give you the room you had booked... What do you mean? Like, you booked a king MK view, and they tried to put you in a queen Lake view or....?

My fav pic you've posted so far together is definitely the b&w one with the Eiffel Tower in the background!

What luck at the Hollywood Brown Derby!

Did you get a chance to try out the pools or jacuzzis at CR? It seems like CR was kind of a let-down for you both... Dfi and I are going there for our Disneymoon this December, and of course we hope it will go well!

I will try to answer them all! :goodvibes

Haha, thanks! I'm a bit baby crazy and cannot wait to take my hopeful future daughter to WDW! Devan is nice enough to put up with my baby-craziness. :lmao:

Exactly like you put it. We paid for the King Theme Park View Room and that's not what we got. I'm sure that 99% of the time CR is a great resort, it just wasn't for us and unfortunately we kept being left down to the moment we left the resort on our last day, something I'll write about in my next update. :headache:

I love that picture! It's definitely one of my favorites. I was really happy to have the photopass photographers because they did a great job! We got a lot of great pictures from them and I'm a DEFINITE picture person!

The Brown Derby was amazing. Cannot wait to eat there in 9 months! :cool1:

We did try to go out to the pool but it was just so crowded when we went there was no room. It looked nice though! They had some trivia games going on when we visited it.

We are going in December too! What are your dates? Congrats! Disney is an amazing place to disneymoon! :cloud9:

Reading along and enjoying your TR. Thanks for sharing !!

Thanks for reading along and commenting! :thumbsup2

We have the same dates :) Dec. 2 - Dec. 7 in WDW!

Wow! I can't believe that! It's a small world after all! :)

I will now be looking at every disneymooning couple and wondering if it's you guys!! You guys chose a perfect week to go!!

I'm going to sub into your PTR now!!

Here is the day I have been dreading writing about… I don’t know why, it’s already passed and I’m back home (have been for quite some time, lol) but it’s still depressing writing about your last day in Disney! Anyway, on with the show!

Devan and I woke up quite early to make sure we had everything ready for our trip home. I realized that today would be the last day I could wear one of my “Bride” shirts and not feel weird… That depressed me some. I would never be considered a “bride” again! That’s one of the things I love about Disney. They allow you to celebrate in ways you couldn’t do in the real world. Those shirts are still sitting in my dresser and I wonder why. When will I ever have the ability to wear them again?

We had to get our luggage checked in at the Disney Skycap and make sure our carryons were stowed away safely for our morning at the parks. We were second in line but it went quickly. We were actually done earlier than expected but decided to take the walkway to the Magic Kingdom since it was a beautiful morning!

We got there and got in line for the Crystal Palace! We had reservations at 8:00 A.M. before the park opened. I was so excited to be let in before it was open! We were let in and were allowed to walk around Main Street for a little while. There were even some photopass photographers out and about, something I was not expecting! We decided to take full advantage of the emptiness and snagged a photographer down!

Ready for an overload of pictures? *maniacal laugh*

561574_2332907644655_334054031_n.jpg

554674_2332908444675_1330906663_n.jpg

207104_2332908724682_1536108327_n.jpg

530919_2332908924687_1203027835_n.jpg

424671_2332909724707_1073817225_n.jpg

523654_2332910124717_1567649849_n.jpg

488162_2332911244745_1092540406_n.jpg

539207_2332911804759_228730798_n.jpg

386987_2332911924762_1590006474_n.jpg

394257_2332912084766_360392327_n.jpg

Still there? Haha!

We got in line to check in at the Crystal Palace and were handed our buzzers. We then sat down at a table on the front porch of the restaurant with a glass of water.

IMG_1078.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

It wasn’t too long before we were called to our seats! We had great seats! A beautiful view of the park as well as the buffet! Haha! Each and every character made their way to us except, you guessed it (or did you?) Eeyore. My absolute favorite character never made it over. We were at the buffet line when he made it to our section. I told Devan that it was okay since we already had taken pictures with him the day before.

IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1081-1.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

I went into this breakfast worried that Devan wouldn’t have fun considering it is a character breakfast. Plus, he’s not a big breakfast fan! Blasphemy, I tell you! But, he actually ended up having a very good time.

Somehow on our last day when we had the shortest amount of times in the parks, the Magic Kingdom was EMPTY! We first headed over to Space Mountain and rode it three times in a row, no line!

IMG_1086.jpg

The result of MY picture, you might ask?

IMG_1085.jpg

We even made it onto Buzz with no line. What luck we were having! After getting annihilated by Devan, as usual, we decided to take a spin on the People Mover. Still one of my favorite rides and it will never get old. It will be a sad day if they ever replace that ride. We left Tomorrowland with no hope of tomorrow (at Disney anyway).

We headed off for Frontierland to confront Big Thunder Mountain Railroad! My very first roller coaster at the age of three years old! This ride really does bring out special memories and I can’t wait to share those experiences with my kids someday. Devan and I ended up being able to ride Thunder Mountain FIVE times with NO line! Can you believe it? We had a blast! Five times was enough to fill our hearts of love for the next year and half until we would meet again, so we headed off to Pirates of the Caribbean! We rode it once and decided we would go take advantage of some of the snack credits we still had left.

We ended up on Main Street in the candy shop. We chose our snacks and walked up to the cash register. We handed her our Key to the World cards and waited.

She said, “Your cards are saying they are invalid.”
Me: “What? We still have two snack credits on there. That doesn’t make sense!”
Register: “I’m not quite sure but it won’t let me use your card. Do you still want me to ring these up?”

I ended up getting extremely angry, not at her just at the situation, and politely said no thank you. We walked out and I was FURIOUS! Our last day and now our cards aren’t working? You have got to be kidding me! At that point Devan just let me vent. He knew better than to try and calm me down. I was heading straight for the manager of the Contemporary Resort and giving her a piece of my mind! Though, working in customer service I know it doesn’t get you anywhere to be rude, so I knew I would have to behave somewhat.

I find the manager and she sees us. Her exact words were, “Oh no! What’s wrong?” Yep. The staff officially knew us as “the newlyweds who were having all of the troubles at the resort”. Perfect! I told her what had happened and she asked to see our cards. She said, “Wow, I’ve never seen this happen before. I have no idea why they would do this!” I understood that this was just our luck this trip resort-wise, but was getting tired of the “no idea why this is happening” excuse. She ended up printing us new cards and telling us she’d give us a $60 credit on our expenses. No offense to the manager, but after all of the trouble we had at the resort, $60 felt like a slap on the face. I know she was trying and I appreciated that. It’s not like everything that happened was her fault but considering it just kept happening, I couldn’t believe it! At this point I was just ready to get out of there. We actually caught an early ME bus and headed to the airport because any place was better than the CR at that point. Before we knew it, we were home and our puppy Laila was waiting for us! She, unfortunately, had been spending a week at the local dog boarding facility. My parents don’t know how to handle big dogs so they couldn’t keep her. I was so worried about her because we had adopted her from the pound only about a month and a half prior to our honeymoon. I was afraid she would see the kennels they were going to put her in and think we’d given her up! We pulled into the driveway of our home and ran inside to see her. She had grown so much in the week since we’d seen her! She was a puppy afterall and was definitely in a growth spurt!

Here’s a picture of baby Laila!

412862_2252643638105_2041805446_o.jpg

She still sleeps like this.

178534_2276442353058_664102430_o.jpg

Also, I just found a picture of my Disney itinerary booklet my mom made for me! I know it’s a little late but I have to share it because she did such a cute job! I just put colorful 4x6 notecards in between the two laminated covers!

461131_2141511939882_280469014_o.jpg

After we returned home, life went back to normal. We were married and it was an amazing feeling! Laila graduated puppy training first in her class!

622364_2312871863773_1054688699_o.jpg

We then adopted our sweet, sweet Ellie! Here’s a picture of baby Ellie!

277557_2341369496196_519817362_o.jpg

Family picture (minus the kitties)

242465_2339941380494_1665497726_o.jpg

Laila then went on to graduate from Advanced Puppy Training first in her class! Her new little sister was so proud!

193625_2378118534899_503142735_o.jpg

Life was great and still is! I ran my second 5K on Thankgiving and finished with a great time! Now, we are just waiting for my sister’s baby to arrive! Her due date has passed! It was the 7th! Her midwife was thinking she’d have her baby by this weekend, but we’ll see!

Anyway, thank you all so much for subscribing and tagging along! I am currently working on my PTR for my trip in December with DH! Feel free to tag along and I hope you’ll join in on my next TR!

Also, I realize I never explained the reasoning behind my trip report title. It's very short but it left a lasting impression on DH and me.

We were riding the bus to HS one day and there was a group from St. Louis including some parents and their kids. These two girls were in the stage where they would repeat this phrase over and over because they heard it everywhere. The phrase was, "That's inappropriate!" So, imagine sitting on a bus early in the morning with 7 and 8 year old girls saying, "That's inappropriate!" a million times. Then, their dad kept saying, "Is that the Tower of Terror?! Guys, I think that's the Tower of Terror!" Seriously, he kept repeating it and repeating it for use on different buildings that were not the Tower of Terror. It's one thing to do it to get the kids excited but you could tell he realistically thought those places were the Tower of Terror. It was cute to see how excited he was each and every time he thought the building was the Tower of Terror. :)

So, anyway, Devan and I will randomly say that phrase to each other and it makes us laugh. Thought I'd share in case anyone was curious with the strange title! :thumbsup2

The same thing happened to us on our Thanksgiving trip. We checked out and went to a park and they had deactivated our tickets. I was pretty mad about it. We had to go to a lot of trouble to get it all fixed, but we never got compensated for it. It didn't ruin our trip or anything, but it was a bother.

I enjoyed your TR, I hope you do another one when you go again and keep us posted on your sister's baby.

Really enjoyed your TR and it made me sad at the end too.. The last day is always the saddest :(.. You plan and plan the vacations and the day it finally gets here- It just flies on by.

I hate that you had so much trouble out of the CR. For that being a deluxe, that really isn't right. :(

I also know what you mean about the bride shirts.. I had alot of "bride attire" and I wish I could still wear it.. LOL

I very much enjoyed reading your trip report.
I liked your writing style, you have a good sense of humor.

I also, appericated how you shared your story of weight loss, and photos of your furry children.

Out of all the report I have read, this one is one of the best!
Thank you for sharing.

I am going on our Disneymoon, in early Sept. 2013, and this is our first trip to WDW, and there are places that you went that we have been looking at doing and it was nice to see it through "your" eyes.

Have a great day!
Cheers.

T

The same thing happened to us on our Thanksgiving trip. We checked out and went to a park and they had deactivated our tickets. I was pretty mad about it. We had to go to a lot of trouble to get it all fixed, but we never got compensated for it. It didn't ruin our trip or anything, but it was a bother.

I enjoyed your TR, I hope you do another one when you go again and keep us posted on your sister's baby.

Ah, it's unfortunate. I guess that's technology for you though! It's awesome when it works and terrible when it doesn't. That's my only fear for FastPass+. What if it breaks down? :scared1:

Really enjoyed your TR and it made me sad at the end too.. The last day is always the saddest :(.. You plan and plan the vacations and the day it finally gets here- It just flies on by.

I hate that you had so much trouble out of the CR. For that being a deluxe, that really isn't right. :(

I also know what you mean about the bride shirts.. I had alot of "bride attire" and I wish I could still wear it.. LOL

Aw, so much! I know that our report is pretty anti-CR but it really is a beautiful resort and it's extremely convenient. Had we not had those issues I would have loved it! I hope my TR didn't scare people off from it. Like I said, I'm sure 99% of the time it's an amazing resort! We were just being tested as newlyweds, I think! :rotfl2:

I'd give the bride shirts to one of my friends to wear but none of them are into Disney like I am, so I think it'd be wasted! :lmao:

I very much enjoyed reading your trip report.
I liked your writing style, you have a good sense of humor.

I also, appericated how you shared your story of weight loss, and photos of your furry children.

Out of all the report I have read, this one is one of the best!
Thank you for sharing.

I am going on our Disneymoon, in early Sept. 2013, and this is our first trip to WDW, and there are places that you went that we have been looking at doing and it was nice to see it through "your" eyes.

Have a great day!
Cheers.

T

Aw, I don't know if it's because I'm extra emotional this week :rotfl: or what but your comment really made me smile. Almost brought tears to my eyes. Did I mention in there I'm overly emotional in general? Lol. Congratulations! You will have an amazing Disneymoon! I look back with a lot of happy memories that were made. Disney really does spoil you, even if it's just by putting you in a place where you have not a worry in the world (except for getting Toy Story Mania fastpasses!). I hope you write a TR and let me know if you do! I love reading those! I can't wait to write my next one! Less than 9 months away now!!

Ladies and gentlemen, can I please have your attention. I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story. I need all of you, to stop what you're doing and listen.

Okay, so it's not so horrifying but... I'M AN AUNT!! FINALLY!!!

Meet Baby Pippin!!!! :bitelip:

C22D66A3-487D-4A08-8E21-71BD6E15CC77-8423-000004A4F0FEF457_zps7ea16513.jpg

DE20BB24-5777-486D-8F83-6930E22F2B4A-8423-000004A454EFF0CE_zps41447a4f.jpg

F83B194F-B691-449E-AFA2-A5C832A1FB18-8423-000004A4489061DB_zps48cf4fbc.jpg

He was born this morning at 11:13 A.M. after 31 hours of labor!! My sister is a rockstar! He was 19 inches long and 8 pounds, 9 ounces! He was two weeks late as well! Welcome to the world, Baby Pippin!! :)

893161_557389020962336_1686108947_o_zps52193b83.jpg

I, unfortunately haven't met him yet. I was working when I found out the news that my sister had finally given birth! My mom, dad, and little sister were able to go visit my sister, T, and Pippin. I was stuck at work. I will mention that I knew that this would happen... See tweet below.

91C48E40-478B-4DA8-B242-73FB2CB753D3-8423-0000046E9CF6999D_zpsc9ad96e0.jpg

I'm not sure if I ever mentioned the "adopted" reference on here before. Here's the short version... My sisters and I are extremely different from each other. My sisters are pretty similar to each other but I'm definitely the odd man out. Plus, I'm tall, have curly hair, and brown eyes, all of which they do not have. ANYWAY, that's the short version which is why the #adopted part is fitting. :lmao:

I'm not going to lie to you... I was selfishly bummed. I wanted to meet him so badly but I was working and I couldn't leave, yet my whole family got to meet him... Oh well, I'm meeting him at 7:00 P.M. tonight when I go take my sister and T some chicken noodle soup made by my lovely mother! I'll post pictures from that encounter later!!

Congratulations! Being an aunt is so, so much fun because you can spoil him without the responsibility of disciplining :P

Congratulations! Being an aunt is so, so much fun because you can spoil him without the responsibility of disciplining :P

I am very excited! I didn't actually get to meet him last night due to unfortunate circumstances but should meet him today on my lunch break! *Fingers crossed*

We also found out that a family friend on my husband's side passed away yesterday, so it's been a tough 24 hours. My eyes are still somewhat swollen from crying so much yesterday! Lol. Let's hope no more tears fall today! I'm just not myself... :sad2:

Just read your entire report from start to finish... first thing I want to mention is that photo of that giraffe was amazing! What kind of camera do you use?

Second the photos of you guys are adorable I hope you had an amazing time!

I stayed at the Poly for the first time this summer. Have a salad at Captain Cooks I think its ceaser but its so good! The rooms are beautiful and the rain looks amazing from a Poly balcony! Have a great time!!!!!:upsidedow

I'm sorry that you continued to have troubles right until your last day :( How frustrating that must have been for you - I hope that your next trip is much better!

Just read your entire report from start to finish... first thing I want to mention is that photo of that giraffe was amazing! What kind of camera do you use?

Second the photos of you guys are adorable I hope you had an amazing time!

I stayed at the Poly for the first time this summer. Have a salad at Captain Cooks I think its ceaser but its so good! The rooms are beautiful and the rain looks amazing from a Poly balcony! Have a great time!!!!!:upsidedow

Wow, sorry for the late response! Things have been quite busy! I'm having to do this from memory since my pictures don't show up on my work computer, but I'm fairly certain the giraffe picture might have been one that was included on our Wild Africa Trek CD. I'll take a second look to make sure on my DIS phone app... Welp, not working well on that either. Hmph. Anyway, if it's the one I'm thinking of where the giraffe is all up in your face then that was from the CD we got "complimentary" with our tour price. I'll let you know for sure! :thumbsup2

I'm sorry that you continued to have troubles right until your last day :( How frustrating that must have been for you - I hope that your next trip is much better!

It's okay! I'm hoping our December trip makes up for it. It was still a great trip, but it'd be nice not to have to fight the resort. Lol. :lmao:

cbcrockett said:
I hope you are feeling much, much better today! :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks! Still recovering from that darn concussion bug definitely doing better than I was!! You're so sweet to check in!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter