“Is that the Tower of Terror?! That’s Inappropriate.” A Disneymoon TR! COMPLETE!

Home Away From Home and what was missing? Day 4, Part 2

Last I left off we had just finished the Around the World Segway Tour! We were off to relax at Epcot.

We were walking around the WS and just enjoying the sights. I feel like Epcot is definitely more fun when youre an adult because you really do appreciate the sights and the more relaxed feel of Epcot. So, Im just going to post some pictures of this beautiful day. Notice our matching shirts? Those are the ones Devan had us make at DTD!

484499_2332894084316_1943349492_n.jpg

303601_2332894244320_354610875_n.jpg

One of my favorites from the trip.

376950_2332894324322_1235456381_n.jpg

205880_2332895724357_32953567_n.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

Devan being his adorable self. Gosh, I love this man. :)

IMG_0808.jpg

He was also pretending to steal the coke bottles.

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

There were a couple noteworthy moments from this day in Epcot. I absolutely love caramel apples but havent had one since I was seven because 75% of my front bottom left tooth is fake, meaning I cannot chew anything with my front teeth. So, caramel apples are impossible for me to eat. Devan, being the sweet hubby he is, went into the caramel shop and asked them if they could cut me up a caramel apple. See, all you have to do is ask! We found a great seat and just sat and enjoyed the view.

IMG_0812.jpg

We ended up deciding that our sweet tooth just sparked our hunger and decided to eat at Biergarten! We didnt have an ADR but only waited about 10 minutes for our seat. If youve never eaten at Biergarten, if you have two people you are guaranteed to sit with another party of two. Its kind of cool. It allows you to branch out and get out of your comfort zone and enjoy a meal with complete strangers. Though& when we sat down we never expected this to happen.

We ended up sitting down with a mother and her son, who was maybe a year younger than we were.

Me: So, where are you guys from?
Son: Lees Summit.
Me: No, youre not.
Mom and Son: Yes, we are! *laughter*
Me: No way! Thats where were from!

We ended up being sat down with two people from our where we lived! It was kind of neat to be able to sit down and just go back to reality for a half an hour. We talked about the Chiefs, the shopping centers near our homes, the schools. It was just so amazing!

IMG_0817-1.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

The Biergarten is also a buffet. Here is what our plates looked like!

IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

We decided that it was time to go back to the WS and move on with our day. We said our goodbyes and went on our way!

IMG_0825.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

I cant believe I had never seen the falls in Canada before! I mean, Ive been to WDW how many times and Ive never seen these? They were absolutely beautiful! And by this time, the heat was really starting to make itself known so the spray from the water felt great!

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

These gardens were absolutely GORGEOUS!!

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0847.jpg

IMG_0848.jpg

On our way out I saw this quote and fell in love with it.

IMG_0849.jpg

Up next: TWO BIG REVEALS!!!

I thought that I commented on your last update, but apparently I didn't - sorry! What a beautiful day for a tour in Epcot! The picture that they took of you from behind is so cute :) I've never done one of those tours before, but they look like fun! I love the pictures from your previous update - MK, GF, ahhh!

Oh, you're fine! I've been so bad at replying to the 13 threads I'm following! Been too busy! Finally got the hubby to go play some Call of Duty last night so I could catch up on the Biggest Loser and the DIS! :laughing: You should do one of the segway tours some time! They are so much fun and we are most likely doing one on our trip in December! I do love the GF. I've never stayed there, but just being there for Narcoossee's was amazing!

What a great report and great pics. Can't wait to hear more.

Thanks for posting! I'm excited to post the next two big reveals and now that I think about it, it's ironic that they'll be showing up in the same update! :laughing:

Hello fello Missourian!! :wave2: I don't really live too far from you. I live in Conway which is kind of between Springfield and Rolla, right off of I-44.
There is no way you sat down with someone from the same town! That doesn't happen! Anyway, I'm loving the TR and can't wait for more. Love those shirts you had made!

Just joining! First, congrats on your marriage and on the weight loss! I love that you decided to commit to a healthy life for the new chapter. It says so much about the commitment you have to your hubby also because you're healthier for him too!

All I can say is you're better than I am... I would've been furious over the room issues. But good for you not to let that blemish your honeymoon. :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read the rest!

Great TR....Love all the pics! :)

You both look so happy together. :goodvibes

Aw, thanks! We had a great time! :)

I'm a little late to the party, but I'm in! Love al the updates so far! Can't wait for more! :banana:

Thanks for joining in! I love that I'm getting more readers! Definitely makes doing updates more fun, though reliving our honeymoon is a good time! :laughing: I'm getting ready to do an update now!

Hello fello Missourian!! :wave2: I don't really live too far from you. I live in Conway which is kind of between Springfield and Rolla, right off of I-44.
There is no way you sat down with someone from the same town! That doesn't happen! Anyway, I'm loving the TR and can't wait for more. Love those shirts you had made!

Hiya!! Aren't you just loving this Missouri weather we've been having? I couldn't believe we sat down with someone from LS either. I mean, had it been Kansas City that would have been completely weird, but from LS? I just couldn't believe it!

Just joining! First, congrats on your marriage and on the weight loss! I love that you decided to commit to a healthy life for the new chapter. It says so much about the commitment you have to your hubby also because you're healthier for him too!

All I can say is you're better than I am... I would've been furious over the room issues. But good for you not to let that blemish your honeymoon. :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read the rest!

Thanks for joining in! :goodvibes Thank you! The weight loss was something that needed to be done. I was a very successful athlete all of my life and had a couple injuries after high school and then I just got lazy and comfortable. I had many failed attempts at getting into shape and something just clicked when I tried on my wedding dress. I mean, I looked beautiful in it but, that wasn't what I wanted to remember in my wedding pictures and video. I slacked a little after the honeymoon but am back in full force. Unfortunately, I've had a rough time because my body went into starvation mode due to my calorie intake being too low. I've had to increase my calorie intake, which sounds easy but boy is it hard to do with good quality calories!:laughing:

The room issues did bother me and of course they didn't end there with the resort. Keep reading to hear more! :sad2:

Up next: TWO BIG REVEALS!!!

So, before I launch into my update I want to talk about a struggle I’ve been encountering lately. I’ve spoken briefly about my weight loss journey and have been having a very hard time with losing weight since I jumped back on the wagon after my honeymoon. I let myself eat whatever I wanted for quite a few months after we got back and then jumped back on track around October to November. What’s frustrating is that I have been stuck at the same weight since then. I’ve started reading “Master Your Metabolism” by Jillian Michaels and I’m hoping to get my hormones in check. But, I’ve also realized that my body was going into starvation mode, which is when you are eating too few calories. So, I’ve had to start increasing my calorie intake. This sounds easy but they have to be high quality calories. When you’ve gotten use to living a certain lifestyle for almost a year and then have to change it because it’s no longer working, it’s extremely difficult. With my new job, I’ve been waking up at 5:30 A.M., working out, and then heading to work! I feel I’ve been trying to increase my calorie intake in a good way and have been doing a fairly good job at it. I feel like I need to go back to my roots and where I started just so I can reiterate how far I’ve come.

PicMonkeyCollageWeightLoss_zps75598fb9.jpg

The photo on the far right is from a few months ago and I feel I’ve noticed some better results lately, but it will do! The second photo is from today! So, I have come a long way and I just have to remember that! Keep positive and keep pushing!

Anyway, back to the TR!

In this update, I am promising two big reveals! One, I’ve mentioned a few times about something that went missing and we find it during this update! Also, we get a big phone call that changes our life completely! Proceeding!

We got back to the CR and took a much-needed nap! We then got dressed… unsuccessfully at first!

IMG_0851.jpg

and I then went to grab my birth control since it was EMH at the park. What was weird is that I couldn’t find it… anywhere! Panic mode started to set in. Did I take it last night? Do I even still have it? I ended up retracing my steps. The last time I remembered having it was at Epcot. Yes, Epcot. Epcot is not a small park. I thought maybe it could have fallen out somewhere but, how in the world would I get it back? This was not something I wanted to happen. I made a desperate attempt and called The Coral Reef hoping maybe it was found there. That would be the easiest place to find it! It turns out someone had found it and it was taken to the TTC! That’s where their lost and found is! I called around 4:00 P.M. and TTC Lost and Found closes at 5! We HAD to hurry to get there!

We sprinted to the monorail and of course there was a huge line… By this point it was about 4:40 P.M. and I was starting to freak out. I didn’t want to miss two pills in a row. The monorail that came in ended up being completely full but Devan being the amazing hubby he is went up and asked if we could squeeze on saying we had to be at the Lost and Found by 5 P.M. because my medicine was at the lost and found! They let us squeeze on and everyone understood! Such sweet people! I was starting to relax… But, only a smidge! We arrived at TTC at less than 10 minutes til and we found the Lost and Found office! I ran in and said, “Sir! I lost my medicine. It’s in a blue packet, it’s called Portia, and there are pink and white pills in it! I can show you some ID if you need be!” He ended up laughing and said, “No ID needed. You described it exactly. Let me go grab it!” He handed it over and I felt so much better! I decided Mickey was happy for me too!

IMAG2074.jpg

We boarded the ferry to the MK.

IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0855.jpg

I love riding on the ferry. I know it seems to take longer sometimes but it’s very relaxing and the pull up to the MK is so exciting! Storming the dock to make it into the park!

We entered the park and it was pretty crowded! We decided to get fastpasses for Space Mountain and then headed over to one of my personal favorites, the People Mover!!

IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

Our fastpasses weren’t for a couple of hours so we headed over to the other side of the park. We ended up getting in line for Haunted Mansion.

IMG_0859.jpg

Devan was given the red card to see if the wait time posted was accurate! I love his face here because he looks so angry at someone! Can’t remember why he was making this face. Probably saw someone eyeing his red card! :laughing:

IMG_0856.jpg

Ah, this is better. Taking his job very seriously.

IMG_0857.jpg

While in line we came across two girls in their twenties and a little girl who was terrified of going on the Haunted Mansion. She was so scared! We were talking to her and we kept telling her how much fun this ride was. She loved ToT. I told her if she could do that ride, then this ride would be a piece of cake! Talking to them really helped the line go faster. We even took them through the new interactive queue! I love going through the new interactive queue! Even though it makes the line longer, it’s still a lot of fun!

IMG_0861.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

I always take a picture of this gravestone because it reminds me of my grandpa who passed away quite a few years ago!

IMG_0869.jpg

We got off the ride and saw that the little girl seemed kind of freaked out, but we might have been reading a little too much into it! I pulled out my phone to see what time it was and saw that I had a missed call and a text from my mom saying, “Call me really quickly!” That was worrisome! So, I speed-dialed my mom and told her I was sorry I missed her call because we were on Haunted Mansion. I asked what was up! My older sister answers and puts me on speakerphone. The first time she said her words I was confused… This is how it went…
I thought she said, “While you’re at Disney, you’ll want to pick up something for my future niece of nephew!”
Me: “Wait, what?” So, she said it again, but this time it came through clearly.
Sarah: “While you’re at Disney World, you might want to pick something up for your future niece or nephew!”
Me: “Wait… Are you pregnant???!!”
Sarah: “YES!”
Me: “OH MY GOSH!!! SARAH!!! AHHH!!! THAT’S AMAZING!!! I’M GOING TO BE AN AUNT!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I’m totally freaking out outside of Haunted Mansion right now!!!”
I could hear my family laughing in the background. I have the reputation of having great reactions to news. Not sure why, but it might have to do with me being overly emotional and overly dramatic! Haha! I guess when Sarah had told the rest of my family, they were in shock, in a good way. But, when they heard my reaction, they all started crying, me included, and it had finally hit them that my sister was pregnant! I was getting all sorts of strange stares from people but I didn’t care! My sister was pregnant and I was going to be an Aunt for the first REAL time. Devan has seven nieces and nephews, so I became an aunt through being there through the kids childhood, but I have never been an aunt by blood and I was/am super excited! She’s 35 weeks and 1 day right now! Getting so close! She’s having a baby boy! No name picked out yet! Still fighting that out!

We walked into one of my favorite stores…

IMG_0858.jpg

And Devan and I immediately looked for something to get them! Devan found these “Grandma” and “Grandpa” mugs and we bought those for my parents! We didn’t find anything in there for my sister and her boyfriend, but we would soon enough! I was crying in the shop, completely in shock, repeating over and over, “My sister is pregnant! I’m going to be an aunt! I can’t believe this! This is so amazing!” The cast members at the shop kept smiling at me, and you could tell they were excited for me! I was over the moon! I did feel bad for Devan because the rest of the night I was kind of on a high from that and wouldn’t stop talking about it!

It started to get dark and so we headed over to Pecos Bills to grab a bite to eat! After that, we were walking over towards Thunder Mountain to see what the wait was when a person came over and asked us if we wanted two fastpasses for Splash Mountain and two for Thunder Mountain! Devan doesn’t like Splash Mountain for some reason and I told him we’d only have to ride it once during the trip. We took this opportunity and thanked the person profusely and went to ride Splash!!

IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0873.jpg

Devan looks thrilled, doesn’t he? By the way… It took me until I was almost 16 years old to get over my fear of Splash Mountain and now look at me… Hands up all the way! Haha!

We then went and hopped on Thunder Mountain, my favorite ride and my very first ever roller coaster!

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0878.jpg

We ended up forgetting about our Space Mountain fastpasses because I was so overjoyed with my sister’s newly announced pregnancy. We ended with a great ride on Thunder Mountain and headed back to the resort.

It had been a crazy day! I’d realized I’d lost my birth control, retrieved it in the nick of time, and found out my sister was pregnant with her first child! What a whirlwind of emotions! We were exhausted and passed out very quickly!

Up Next: Our SeaRaycer Adventure! Did it go as planned? Day 5!

The segway tour looks like such fun... must put that on the short list for the next trip.

Really enjoying the report - looks like you had such a fun trip

You and your DH are so adorable!! I love your report. It seems like you guys keep having little (or BIG, with the room!) mishaps but they haven't brought you down!!

Congrats on your weight loss and motivation to stay on track - it's not easy to keep it up but you look great! :)

The jungle trek in AK looks like fun, especially with the private safari added in.

Your DH is such a great sport at picture taking! I agree with you about enjoying Epcot at a relaxed pace as an adult. Congratulations on your weight loss - you look amazing!

The segway tour looks like such fun... must put that on the short list for the next trip.

Really enjoying the report - looks like you had such a fun trip

Yes, the segways were a highlight of our trip. We had some video footage that I need to get downloaded on my computer that is quite hilarious. Devan actually received the award of "Most Mileage" because he would zig-zag everywhere... Lol. :laughing: I definitely recommend! We are currently debating if we want to do that same tour again or do the Wilderness Lodge Segway tour.

Also... Just because I'm a huge Harry Potter nerd... Does your name have anything to do with the lumos spell from Harry Potter? :laughing: Holy geez, I am such a nerd.

You and your DH are so adorable!! I love your report. It seems like you guys keep having little (or BIG, with the room!) mishaps but they haven't brought you down!!

Congrats on your weight loss and motivation to stay on track - it's not easy to keep it up but you look great! :)

The jungle trek in AK looks like fun, especially with the private safari added in.

Aw, thanks! Yeah, we kept saying that if our honeymoon didn't kill us nothing would! Unfortunately, there would be more to come, but we stayed positive the whole trip! I was very proud of us!

Thank you very much. I was an all-star athlete in high school and gained weight through injuries which led to laziness. I just want to get as fit as I can be before we start a family. I just want to lay outside in the sun and not feel self-conscious.

The Wild Africa Trek was also a highlight of our trip. It's quite expensive but Devan and I thought it was worth it! It's a very cool way to do the safari and you learn so much!

I'm in :-), love the animal pics

Thank you! Glad you're joining in! :)

Your DH is such a great sport at picture taking! I agree with you about enjoying Epcot at a relaxed pace as an adult. Congratulations on your weight loss - you look amazing!

He really is. I think he secretly enjoys Disney a lot more than he lets off though! ::yes:: Most of those pictures were not even staged, he's just a goofball like that and I think he finds that when he's at Disney he can be even more kid-like. He didn't have the childhood that everyone dreams about. He had a difficult childhood and wasn't dealt the best hand of cards. It's actually surprising that he ended up as amazing as he did. He very well of could have gone down a very bad road, but he didn't! :lovestruc I think Disney allows him to recover part of the childhood he didn't get to have.

Thank you! I've been working really hard. I just wish I had never got lazy in the first place because this journey would have been a lot easier. But, I know it's a journey I needed to take. Even when I was skinny and fit back in high school I was very self-conscious. Now, I realize there was nothing to be self-conscious about. So, as tough as this journey can be sometimes I know it was necessary for me to really become who I needed to be!

Enjoying your trip report! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you very much! Glad you're in! :goodvibes

Hey everyone! Sorry for the delay! Things have been a little crazy around here! I'm starting an update right now and will have it posted tonight! Thanks for tagging along! :wave2:

Our SeaRaycer Adventure! Did it go as planned? Day 5!

First of all, I’d like to apologize for my lack of updates! It’s been such a long time and I can’t believe it! Time has been flying since I started this new job and things are getting crazy! My sister was 37 weeks pregnant yesterday (Thursday) and we are all going over to her house tomorrow to get it all clean so she can be ready for when the baby comes. She thinks it’s going to come next week! How crazy would that be?! I can’t believe I’m going to be a real aunt soon! Alright, let’s get on with the report!

I left off with us having a whirlwind of a night. I realized I had lost my birth control and we went on an adventure to find it. We also found out my sister (mentioned above) was pregnant! We were on a high and the next day wasn’t going to be any different!

We started our morning off at Magic Kingdom! We started the day with none other than the PeopleMover! Again, a favorite ride of mine. So relaxing and it’s just classic Disney! What I hadn’t realized is you could get a glimpse of New Fantasyland!

IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

I got so excited because all we could see was the cute construction walls while walking around! Though, it was worth it to see Devan really getting into the Disney spirit!

IMG_0885.jpg

The lines for Space weren’t bad so we went and hopped on in about 25 minutes or so!

IMG_0890.jpg

Devan and I really like to get the best out of ride pictures! Buzz then only had a 20 minute wait, so we hopped on there as well! Devan almost always kicks my butt in this game and that sucks because I am a REALLY competitive person. We have a little snowstorm hitting us right now and I got competitive saying my car had more snow on it than the other cars. Yeah, pathetic I know… Anyway, our Buzz picture!

IMG_0893.jpg

We left buzz and started heading towards the Castle and saw some photopass photographers! Well, we couldn’t pass up that opportunity, now could we?

558528_2332897484401_1586536251_n.jpg

Our Mr. & Mrs. Shirts!!

558960_2332898804434_1737130990_n.jpg

Love this one!

293400_2332899204444_518237326_n.jpg

I didn’t realize we had so many! Hope you’re enjoying this photoshoot! Lol!

488219_2332899404449_1099018898_n.jpg

377247_2332900164468_1973194149_n.jpg

418683_2332900764483_1357056329_n.jpg

Last one!

386953_2332901204494_1962032218_n.jpg

After that we decided that we wanted to go back to the resort and see if we could ride Sea Raycers! They looked like so much fun and when we were planning out honeymoon, water sports was something Devan really wanted to do! He practically grew up at the Ozarks (a big lake community in MO) and he loves the water. So, we went and got ourselves a couple of Sea Raycers!

We strapped on our life jackets and stepped into our boat and listened to the instructions from the cast member. Seemed pretty simple. You have to idle it until you get past the buoys and then you can go crazy, just make sure you don’t run into another boat! Haha!

So, Devan was first and he went out past the buoys while I slowly followed behind. My anticipation was building! I was almost there! 15 more feet! 10 more feet! 5 more feet! Yay, I’m free to hit the gas! Well, I made it about 100 feet and…. My boat stalled out. Yep, I was dead in the water. Not moving, while boats flew around me. I had to sit there in embarrassment and waive my hands until the Disney “Coast Guard” came and rescued me. I couldn’t believe it. So, he had to tie my boat to his big boat, help me aboard, and tow me back to the dock… They put me in a new boat, gave Devan and myself extra time and I headed back out through the long idle zone. It seemed even longer the second time out.

But, finally, I made it to the wake zone! Boy, these things were SLOW. Mine was slower than Devan’s and that was unfortunate. He’d have to stop for me to catch up! Haha! We went around Bay Lake and really enjoyed the views!

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

Pretty sure taking pictures while driving is against the rules but I’m a rebel and I did it anyway!

There’s our resort!
IMG_0898.jpg

And there’s Devan cruising ahead of me!

IMG_0899.jpg

Did I mention that we figured out that Devan’s idle speed was even faster than mine? Lame!

IMG_0901.jpg

Finally got one of us “together”!

IMG_0902.jpg

After this moment is where it started to get really interesting… We were heading back because we’d been out for a good 45 minutes by this point and were starting to get bored of it. When we were almost to the main channel Devan’s boat stalled out. Yup. But, this was actually pretty scary. He was at a point in the channel where a big boat was coming right at him when he stalled out. When your boat stalls you can’t move! He almost got hit by one of the big boats! It was scary! Luckily, he made it out alive and I flagged down a Disney coast guard to rescue him. They were able to get his boat to restart so Devan and I were able to drive back together. Unfortunately, it seemed like a lot of people had the same idea as we did. There were a good five of us trying to get back to the dock at the same time. We had to reverse and turn around so we didn’t run into each other in the idle zone. It was very disorganized and this one teenager was just driving carelessly! Almost ran into us a few times! We finally got tied up and out of the Sea Raycers. Boy, was that an adventure! We were glad we did it but we won’t ever do it again. The boats are too slow. If you do something like that, spend the extra and get a jet ski.

We went back up to the room and got changed to spend our evening at Hollywood Studios! I will tell you now that this was the most magical night of our honeymoon. In fact, a tradition was born because of this night and I couldn’t be happier. Get ready to hear me gushing, because I won’t be able to contain myself!

We hopped aboard the bus to Hollywood Studios and headed straight to Tower of Terror! I had just conquered my fear of this ride during my trip in December 2011. I had promised my little sister (she was 20 at the time) that I’d ride ToT with her. Did I break my promise? NO! I didn’t and now I love this ride! There’s even a video of us on it and it was so much fun! I’ll have to see if I can get that uploaded some how. It was hilarious. Okay, getting back on track!

ToT had a 5 minute wait. Let me repeat that. A 5 MINUTE WAIT! Yay! Devan had never ridden it before so I was so excited to share this with him! Last time we had been together (Dec. 2010) I was too scared to ride it… Yes, I’m a chicken. Moving on… Proof we had a successful ride! I’m even smiling!

IMG_0905.jpg

We headed over to Rockin’ Roller Coaster and the fastpasses were sold out and the wait was 90 minutes. Are you kidding me? I still haven’t got to ride one of my favorite rides yet and we’re on our fifth day! Not cool! So, we decided to head over towards Indiana Jones.

Now, as you’ve seen before I did go on a weight loss journey and told myself that when I got to Disney World I was going to get a funnel cake at the entrance to Indiana Jones and enjoy the crap out of that thing. It was a goal of mine, however silly! So, we got our camcorder out and video taped me looking for the funnel cakes. Yep, it was Funnel Cake Time! I saw the sign and ran for it, not kidding, we have video to prove it!

Doesn’t it look delicious?

IMG_0910.jpg

IMAG2076.jpg

It was good and I thoroughly enjoyed it. We stayed and watched Indiana Jones and had great seats!

IMG_0911.jpg

It was VERY hot in the amphitheater and we were very sweaty people. Yuck!

IMG_0914.jpg

But, Indiana Jones was awesome as always. I love how surprised people get when they reveal the Hawaii shirt guy as an actual stuntman. Classic Disney! After the show ended it was getting close to our ADR at the Brown Derby so we thought we’d start heading that way! But not without a cheesy picture!

IMG_0915.jpg

We were a little early so we shopped for a few souvenirs! That took up the twenty minutes we needed!

Continued in next post...

A Night at the Derby!

We made it to the Brown Derby and only had a minimal wait, maybe five minutes or so.

IMG_0916.jpg

When we were seated there was adorable star confetti on our table! I was excited already! It doesnt take much!

IMG_0917.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

Devan was excited too!

IMG_0918.jpg

Our waiter was amazing! I think his name was Gilberto and he was superb! He saw that we were on our honeymoon and the conversation went a little like this:

Gilberto: Do you two have the dining plan?
Us: Yes, just the Disney dining plan.
Gilberto: Well, for tonight Im going to give you a taste of what the Deluxe Dining Plan is like so Im going to go get your drinks while you two pick out an appetizer, one for each person!
Us: Wow, thank you so much!

Gilberto then comes back with my Diet Coke and Devans Coke along with two glasses of champagne with strawberries!

IMG_0921-1.jpg

I was on cloud nine, seriously. What an amazing dinner so far! We each chose our appetizers and they were DELICIOUS!

Here is Devans. He got the Andouille-crusted Prawn, suggestion from Gilberto.

IMG_0922.jpg

Heres mine! I got the Blue Lump Crab Spring Rolls.

IMG_0923.jpg

Seriously, so good! Im drooling just thinking about it!

Gilberto then came back with more good news for us.

Gilberto: Im going to make tonight extra special for you two. I have a pass for the Fantasmic Dining package so you can go see Fantasmic after this is over and have reserved seating! How does that sound to you two?
Us: Wow! Seriously, you are so sweet! Thank you so much! We love Fantasmic!!

IMG_0924.jpg

I could have cried at this moment. After all of the setbacks and all of the drama of the trip, we were finally having a truly magical night where every single thing melted away but the two of us. We finally felt like we were on our true honeymoon and it was worth all the drama we had been going through.

Our meals came and my meal was the best meal Ive ever eaten and Im not exaggerating!

I got the filet mignon with risotto. Mouthwatering.

IMG_0926.jpg

Devan got the porkchop and he thought it was delicious as well, though he liked my dish better.

IMG_0925.jpg

Here is my plate after the meal! Lol.

IMG_0927.jpg

Then, on top of all of that we got to eat dessert. They even put candles in our dessert!

I got the Banana White Chocolate Toffee Tower. SO YUMMY!

IMG_0929.jpg

Devan got the Grapefruit Cake. It was SUPER YUMMY!

IMG_0928.jpg

Needless to say, we left Gilberto a great tip and thanked him profusely as we left. We thanked all of their staff and told them we couldnt wait to come back!

We headed off to Fantasmic, thanks to Ricardo and the Brown Derby!

IMG_0930.jpg

I like this picture because it kind of shows you how excited we were!

IMG_0931.jpg

Our prime seats!

IMG_0932.jpg

We were so happy and finally felt like we were enjoying ourselves 100%!

IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_0934.jpg

IMG_0938.jpg

At our wedding we had personalized vows. I had to get a picture of Beauty and the Beast for this reason. He ended his vows with, You are the Minnie to my Mickey, the Cinderella to my Prince Charming, and the Beauty to my Beast. *Swoon!*

IMG_0940.jpg

Wow, what a night! Fantasmic was awesome as usual! We realized at the end of the show that we didnt have our bag of goodies that we had purchased earlier. What was up with me and losing things?! We ran back to the Brown Derby and asked the manager if they had them there! Lucky for us they did and we got to see Gilberto again! We again thanked him and told us that this was the best night of our honeymoon and we werent sure it could get much better! The manager then told us that we could write a letter about Gilbertos service and it would be shared during their daily morning staff meetings. They share stories that customers have written about their experiences at the Brown Derby and ours was going to highlight what an amazing job they all did! The manager gave us his business card and told us to call him personally whenever we came back! Seriously, I love this restaurant. We decided we wanted one last picture with the Brown Derby before we headed back to the resort for the night.

IMG_0944-1.jpg

So, today went down in our books as a success. A new tradition was established. Every time we go to Disney we will be making it a point to eat at the Brown Derby. The food was phenomenal, but the impact it had our on honeymoon is unforgettable. We felt so taken care of and the staff was so kind, caring, and thoughtful. I highly recommend.

Up Next: Princesses, Fireworks, and a fairytale! Day 6!

What a great night at the BD and a great CM!! I feel like I always read bad reviews of the BD and yours was a refreshing change :) I love that grapefruit cake too - it's so delicious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter