“Is that the Tower of Terror?! That’s Inappropriate.” A Disneymoon TR! COMPLETE!

CtinaDitty

Disney Fanatic
Welcome to my very first TR! Im in the middle of a PTR for my trip in December if you want to jump in! The link is in my signature!

The Cast:

My name is Chrissy and I am a big fan of all things Disney! I work as a Financial Services Representative at a local bank in the KCMO area. I love to sing, read, play with my rescued fur-babies, and hang out with my DH.

IMAG2068.jpg

My favorite ride at WDW is Thunder Mountain. This was my very first roller coaster when I was three years old. It has and will forever be my dads and my ride.

My least favorite ride is the Stitch ride. I really enjoyed the Alien Encounters ride and was sad when they replaced it with Stitch. Excuse me, but I dont need chilidogs being burped into my face. Disgusting.

My favorite character is Eeyore. I just love that guy. In fact, DH got me the cutest necklace for my birthday this year. Its a big heart with Eeyore hanging upside down inside the heart. On the backside of the heart is inscribed, Some days look better hanging upside down.

2094_1130549066442_833_n_zpsf5396a94.jpg

228394_1026558146734_3020_n_zps57e73050.jpg

My favorite Disney Princess is Rapunzel. I just love her free spirit. Since shes new to the scene I feel its only fair to mention Belle as well as she did hold the number one spot for many years. I like that she dared to be different and didnt care what people thought about her.

My favorite Disney movies are The Lion King and Tangled.

Now, on the DH! I have to share this picture of Devan because it is so cute. No idea who this little girl is but she just posed right along with him! This was during his first trip to WDW back in March of 2009.

2678_1143433468544_6982061_n_zps885bfab8.jpg

DH works as a carpenter. He is always telling jokes and has an amazing sense of humor. He loves playing Call of Duty and wrestling with our pups.

His favorite ride is Toy Story Mania or Expedition Everest. He really seems to like the game rides because hes a big fan of Buzz Lightyear, too.

His least favorite ride is Its a Small World. He gets really creeped out by dolls so this one does not sit well with him. You should have seen his face when he rode it for the first time! Haha! Priceless!

His favorite character is Genie, probably because he tells jokes all the time.

DH doesnt have a favorite Disney movie, sadly. Though, I may just have to guess Aladdin if his favorite character is Genie.

We have four fur-babies, which have all been rescued from the pound, an animal shelter, or the wild.

Laila and Ellie are the two newest additions to our little family.

702899_2468656718297_66119224_n.jpg

Laila is what we think a border collie/Australian cattle dog mix. She is 11 months old.

730679_2473049388111_1523211884_n_zps5a68fe77.jpg

Ellie is a Rhodesian Ridgeback mix. Not sure what shes mixed with because she looks identical to pure bred Rhodesian Ridgebacks. Instead of a stereotypical ridge, she has a ridge of wavy hair. Very unique. She is 8 months old.

A0273C4D-4CB1-4225-8F72-AC472D9986E0-27940-00000AC521853466.jpg

This is Jake and Annabelle.

702310_2468653598219_674065943_n1_zps1d7cd2eb.jpg

Jake was rescued from the wild one week before a Christmas Eve blizzard back in 2009. He was part of a large group of cats and kittens born into Devans old work place.
702685_2494410722131_1790097215_n.jpg

We had rescued two, one went to another family and Jake came home with us. We were unable to rescue the rest before that blizzard and most of them perished& Jake is a very lucky boy.

Annabelle was rescued from Wayside Waifs, a non-profit organization here in the KCMO area. She is quite the troublemaker but always wants love and attention. Shes a total sweetheart even if she does wreak havoc on the house.
Proof shes a troublemaker. She jumped in a thing full of paint while painting our sub-basement& It was, of course, a dark blue color.

E900B447-91E7-46DA-8B33-90D267C473FD-27940-00000AC562B3F609.jpg

738290_2488226767536_304257766_o.jpg

Devan and I were married July 20th, 2012. I always joked we were having a secret Disney wedding due to many factors:
Our centerpieces were based off of the Rose from Beauty and the Beast. My dress was from Alfred Angelos Disney Princess Collection and was based off Princess Tianas dress, which is ironically a nickname of mine Chrissy-tiana. The centerpiece for our bride and groom table was a wire Cinderella carriage that DH surprised me with, not to mention his vows& They stole the entire wedding. He ended with,
You are the Minnie to my Mickey, the Beauty to my Beast, and the Cinderella to my Prince Charming. *Swoon* We both cried& a lot& It was a beautiful ceremony. More than I could have asked for.

237DAFD3-746E-4CA3-8FBE-05C1C367E5A6-19311-0000073935D8BBA5.jpg

weddingdip.jpg

After a fairytale wedding like that, we of course had to go extend that fairytale by honeymooning at Disney World!!! That is where this TR will take place and I hope you will follow along!

Up Next: The Adventure at the Airport! Will we make our flight? What did I forget?

Table of Contents
Introductions
The Adventure at the Airport: Arrival Day, Part 1
Exploring our New Home! Or would it be temporary?: Arrival Day, Part 2
Will we ever make it to a new room? Arrival Day, Part 3
The Wild Africa Trek! Was it all it was cracked up to be? Day 2, Part 1
Soaking Wet and No Room?: Day 2, Part 2
A Day Under the Sea: Day 3
A Day Around the World: Day 4, Part 1
Home Away From Home: Day 4, Part 2
TWO BIG REVEALS! Day 4, Part 3
Our SeaRaycer Adventure! Did it go as planned? Day 5, Part 1!
A Night at the Derby! Day 5, Part 2!
Princesses, Fireworks, and a fairytale! Day 6, Part 1!
Princesses, Fireworks, and a fairytale! Day 6, Part 2!
Our Last Full Day, Day 7, Part 1!
Our Last Night At Disney, Day 7, Part 2!
Departure Day! Day 8
Reasoning Behind the TR Title! :)
I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT!

The Adventure at the Airport: Arrival Day, Part 1

Devan and I had a very early flight to catch, 5:50 A.M. We drove to the Parking Spot, dropped off our car for the week, and hopped on a shuttle to take us to the airport a few minutes away.

IMG_0470.jpg

We ended up finding out that the baggage check didn’t open until 5 A.M. so we were standing in line for quite some time. But, we were in the very front so at least that process would go smoothly and quick! I decided I should make sure I have everything and started searching through my purse… Which then became frantic searching… “Um, honey? My wallet isn’t in here!”

We ended up lugging our luggage back to the curb, waiting for a shuttle to take us back to the Parking Spot so I could check our car. I knew I had it with me in the car, so I knew we would find it there. Though, I was starting to panic. We got back and I searched the front seat. It wasn’t there… Panic starting to take over, I searched the back seat and thank God, it was there!

IMG_0471.jpg

Now, even though DH looks angry in this picture, he’s not. He was very sweet about it. But, for those who believe in Karma, it happened… Living in the Kansas City area you have a lot of MU fans and a lot of KU fans. Well, DH and I are very much MU fans and of course the shuttle that came to pick us up to take us back to the airport was…

IMG_0472.jpg

But, at least we had my wallet! We got back to the airport in plenty of time only to see this…

IMG_0473.jpg

A very long line… I made the jokes if he was still happy he married me, blah blah blah, lol. He insisted he was! I took this time to take pictures of our luggage tags.

IMG_0474.jpg

We said goodbye to our luggage until we saw it again in our hotel room and headed on our way! We were finally in line to board the plane! Had “A” seating! The excitement was finally starting to kick in after all the drama from the morning.

IMG_0476.jpg

We took our seats and realized that in just a few hours we’d be arriving in Orlando!

IMG_0480.jpg

We finally arrived and took the first of many monorail rides of the trip. We saw our first glimpse of Disney!

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

Then we headed to the Magical Express! We saw our number and I thought that the tides were turning! Our resort was stationed on my favorite number, 4!

IMG_0496.jpg

We were staying at the Contemporary Resort and we were only about an hour from being there!!

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

The first glimpse of our home for the next week!

IMG_0510.jpg

We had finally arrived and we so excited to finally be starting our honeymoon!

Up next: Exploring our new home! Or would it be temporary?

Congratulations on your beautiful wedding! You two look adorable and really happy, and I love your dress. Can't wait to hear how the rest of the trip went!

Exploring our New Home! Or would it be temporary?: Arrival Day, Part 2

We had finally arrived and were so excited to start exploring! It was a little after 10 A.M. so we checked in (even though we knew our room wouldn’t be ready), got our keys to the world, and set off!

This resort really is beautiful. The marina is a beautiful setting.

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

We checked out the beach and just relaxed for awhile. With planning the wedding, we hadn’t had much time to just sit and relax with nothing to do. We took this much needed time to reflect on everything that had just happened for us!

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

We finally decided that we wanted to go check out the rest of the resort. We tried on some hats…

IMG_0522.jpg

Discovered that there is such a thing as 100+ spf sunscreen!

IMG_0523.jpg

and got our resort mugs!!

IMG_0524.jpg

Everything was going great! We ended up heading to DTD to shop for a little while before our room would be ready.

IMG_0526.jpg

We ended up making some Bride/Groom shirts that we would wear a few days later as well as eating at Planet Hollywood. DH had always wanted to eat here so I made a surprise ADR for us. It was just alright. I told him it was just like a decked out Applebee’s but thought I’d let him experience that for himself. We had decided that we should go see if our room was ready. It was almost 4:00 P.M. by that time and we were told our room would be ready around 3 P.M. so off we went!

When we got to the check-in counter we told them we had already checked in but wanted to see if our room was ready since we were told it’d be ready around 3. Nope, our room wasn’t ready… This didn’t sit too well with DH but they said it shouldn’t be too long so we could wait and someone would come grab us. So, we took a seat on the couch and waited… and waited… and waited… We were starting to become very agitated. We went up again, this time being 4:30 and asked again. They said, that our room was ready and read us the description. Well guess what? It was not the room we had reserved. So, he had to go grab the manager who then told us she’d have to look to see what happened and asked us to wait around… again. So, we waited… and waited… and waited… She finally came up to us and said “I went up and checked, we have your requested room ready!” We were very happy and expressed our thanks. Well, we went upstairs and you’d think that’d be the end of it but it wasn’t… The room we walked into was not the room we requested. Devan was furious. It was now after 5:00 and we’d been up since 2:00 A.M. and had been given the wrong room… Twice. He stomped back down there while I waited upstairs. It turns out they had given our room to another person when they were supposed to be giving it to us. I had reserved our room over a year in advance so I was very frustrated we were having this problem. She told Devan they had another room opening up tomorrow and we’d just have to stay in the wrong room for the night. She said they’d move our luggage for us while we were at the parks tomorrow. Well, it didn’t make us very happy but we were tired of dealing with it so said okay. She ended up giving us a few fastpasses to make us happy. It was very nice, but I expected better from Disney (not compensation-wise, just better performance-wise). This was not the way to start off our honeymoon in the Happiest Place on Earth.

Up Next: Will we ever make it to a new room? Arrival Day, Part 3

Congratulations on your beautiful wedding! You two look adorable and really happy, and I love your dress. Can't wait to hear how the rest of the trip went!

Thanks for joining in! Thank you so much! It was a beautiful day and we were very lucky with the weather. We had a very bad drought this past summer as did a lot of the US. The temps were up in the 110+ degree ranges and we had no rain. In fact, we are still like... 17" below where we should be or something... Anyway, a "cold front" had come through and the high that day was ONLY 96 degrees, if you can believe it! Coming to Orlando was actually a relief from the heat! Never though I'd say that! :)

Thanks for joining in! Thank you so much! It was a beautiful day and we were very lucky with the weather. We had a very bad drought this past summer as did a lot of the US. The temps were up in the 110+ degree ranges and we had no rain. In fact, we are still like... 17" below where we should be or something... Anyway, a "cold front" had come through and the high that day was ONLY 96 degrees, if you can believe it! Coming to Orlando was actually a relief from the heat! Never though I'd say that! :)

Going to Orlando to cool off is definitely odd! It's -1 in MI right now, so I think I'd take 96.

Will we ever make it to a new room? Arrival Day, Part 3

After the drama of making it into a hotel room, we decided to head to where else but the Magic Kingdom!!!

We changed, put on our buttons and headed out!

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

I was just on cloud nine, all drama from the resort behind me. As soon as I walked onto Main Street it all just melted away. Our first ride was the Jungle Cruise.

IMG_0535.jpg

As you read in my introductions, I love rescuing animals so when I saw this, I had to take a picture of it! It is just SO me!!

IMG_0533.jpg

We went to eat at our first restaurant of the trip, Pecos Bills. Last time we were hear our friend got pooped on by a bird so we tried to refrain from eating outside!

Now, interesting fact time about Devan and myself. He is allergic to cinnamon. I am allergic to rain. We are both allergic to beer (the hops). Keep this in mind.

With the dining plan, you get an entrée, dessert, and soda. So, of course since we were finally married and I had all access to his money I thought it’d be perfect to go ahead and kill him off… by eating a cinnamon flavored dessert. Okay, just kidding about the killing him off part, but I was just craving cinnamon. I couldn’t help it!

IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

We used our first fastpass to ride Peter Pan! Devan had never ridden it and I love this ride but it always has a very long wait!

IMG_0542.jpg

Wishes then started and I LOVE Wishes. We knew we would have plenty of time to watch it during the stay though, so we decided to keep moving. But, we couldn’t help but snap a very blurry picture of us.

IMG_0555.jpg

We were just happy to be on our honeymoon.

IMG_0558.jpg

But, we were getting tired…

IMG_0557.jpg

and needed to head back to “our room” to get some much needed rest. But on our way out, I did find a dress that I will buy for my daughter some day so I took a picture to remind me!

IMG_0560.jpg

Up Next: The Wild Africa Trek! Was it all it was cracked up to be? Day 2, Part 1

Going to Orlando to cool off is definitely odd! It's -1 in MI right now, so I think I'd take 96.

I actually have a friend who is in MI for a few months and she was wondering why she chose winter to go there! My cousins lived up there for their whole lives then moved to Tennessee. I do not envy you right now... We're having a surprisingly warm winter once again. 50's seem to be our norm... Not good for killing off those bugs though!

Great TR so far - I am subbing! We got married and had our honeymoon at Disney as well :goodvibes

Great TR so far - I am subbing! We got married and had our honeymoon at Disney as well :goodvibes

Thanks for joining in! :welcome: I'm actually home sick with the stomach flu but on the end of it I think so I thought I'd get in as many updates today as possible since DH is at work and I'm at home with the pups.

I loved honeymooning at Disney! It was nice not having to worry about transportation and such. :)

I'm subbing! We were recently married too! We got married on August 11, 2012. Then, we stayed at the Poly from the 13-19!

Joining in! Great start - you got a lot done so far! Too bad about the mix ups with the room though, hopefully they make up for it and give you the room that you requested (with a smile).

The Wild Africa Trek! Was it all it was cracked up to be? Day 2, Part 1

DH and I woke up very early and got ready to head to AK to embark on The Wild Africa Trek! We were told we’d have to take a cab to get there for our 8:00 A.M. tour. So, we hopped in a cab and then had to wait at the entrance of AK for what seemed like forever. Our cab driver was very rude as well, which didn’t help. I think we wasted about $10 just waiting for AK to open. I guess being people who like being early for things doesn’t bode well at Disney World! Lol.

But we finally arrived at AK and checked in for the Wild Africa Trek! We got all suited up and felt pretty cool, not going to lie!

We were told to spread our legs like we were riding a horse so we could get suited up properly. Of course, DH being the jokester he is decided that he would squat as well which led the cast member to give him a confused look. Anyway, Devan decided to straighten up and obliged.

IMG_0570.jpg

IMG_0571.jpg

My turn!!

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

It was time to do our test run to see if we could actually handle the course. Though, considering the heights you have to encounter it really wasn’t a true test.

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

We were ready to go!
531124_2332590796734_1759121887_n.jpg

Now, I don’t want to share too much of this tour in case anyone is going to take it. I think it 100% worth the money for it and would definitely recommend it!

Here we are with Henry and Hanz.

564395_2332587156643_1543169524_n.jpg

There were lots of VERY HIGH bridges to cross and you had to look down because the bridges were missing boards!

408344_2332585396599_1462222023_n.jpg

185587_2332580196469_2004234154_n.jpg

526204_2332577916412_1117745130_n.jpg

547321_2332576316372_68544365_n.jpg

549700_2332573076291_512333301_n.jpg

391499_2332566596129_1739688397_n.jpg

551902_2332522995039_148326419_n.jpg

Here is a group picture before we headed off to our private safari!

293466_2332565396099_1982041540_n.jpg

391400_2332557515902_701869960_n.jpg

553712_2332551355748_534272117_n.jpg

Our yummy food!

484641_2332548435675_1578720760_n.jpg

376936_2332532995289_2020109151_n.jpg

Some of the animals!

559011_2332544035565_1911257150_n.jpg

547095_2332542515527_1881553791_n.jpg

207075_2332541035490_157819077_n.jpg

Us again!

559000_2332534755333_728101293_n.jpg

Well, as I said, the Wild Africa Trek was amazing! Yes, the cost is a bit steep but we personally think it’s worth it! We learned so many things and got to see so many things you don’t normally get to see! Our day was also special because we got to witness the first baby white rhino being let out into the savannah that day. White rhinos are an endangered species so it was very exciting and you could tell the cast members that led our tour were thrilled. We also learned about the zebra habitat that they just opened and why they had to close it down originally. Zebras are apparently bullies and would take other animals captive. Did not know they did that!

Up Next: Soaking Wet and No Room?: Day 2, Part 2

I'm subbing! We were recently married too! We got married on August 11, 2012. Then, we stayed at the Poly from the 13-19!

Thanks for joining in! Congratulations on your recent marriage! You were right after us! :goodvibes I'm so jealous you got to stay at the Poly. Our choices for our honeymoon were between the CR and the Poly. DH chose the CR. But, we are going in December and are staying at the Poly then! What did you think of the Poly?

Joining in! Great start - you got a lot done so far! Too bad about the mix ups with the room though, hopefully they make up for it and give you the room that you requested (with a smile).

Thanks for joining in!! :) Well, I'm home sick with the stomach flu so I have a lot of spare time on my hands and not much energy to get up and do stuff so I've been sitting on the couch with my laptop all afternoon! DH just got home though so that might have been my last update of the day! We'll see! :rotfl:

Thanks for joining in! Congratulations on your recent marriage! You were right after us! :goodvibes I'm so jealous you got to stay at the Poly. Our choices for our honeymoon were between the CR and the Poly. DH chose the CR. But, we are going in December and are staying at the Poly then! What did you think of the Poly?

We love the Poly. I stayed there a bunch when I was younger, so it was great to be back. We were in a perfect location. We were near a quiet pool. Plus, Tonga Toast was just steps away! :thumbsup2

Soaking Wet and No Room?: Day 2, Part 2

Well, as I noted in my PTR I just accepted a new job and start this coming Monday. Unfortunately, I have the stomach flu so I had to call in sick on my last week, which I felt really bad doing. But, I just got a text from my boss telling me that she has the last three days covered so I should just drop my keys and ID off so I can be healthy for my first day at my new job. So… I guess I have three paid days off!

Anyway, back to the trip!

After the Wild Africa Trek, we were ready to go hop on Expedition Everest!

IMG_0692.jpg

It is one of our favorite rides!

IMG_0694.jpg

Then we headed off to Dinosaur but got sidetracked along the way by seeing Dibs! We just love those creamy, chocolatey, ice cream cubes. Yummm! We also decided to have a caricature done! But, we dropped our dibs…

IMAG2072.jpg

IMAG2071.jpg

We finally made it to Dinosaur just to make these faces on the ride. They were posed… I swear! Lol.

IMG_0698.jpg

We were starting to get hungry and decided to stop off at Rainforest Café! It seems to be an easy place to stop and it has a neat atmosphere so I think it’s the only restaurant I’ve ever sat down and eaten at AK.

IMG_0699-1.jpg

Devan got some kind of Cajun pasta. It was just alright.

IMG_0700.jpg

I got their nachos, which were bigger than me!! They were pretty good! Had a lot for leftovers, which never were eaten.

IMG_0701-1.jpg

We paid our bill and headed to the exit and saw this.

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

When I asked DH if he had our ponchos he said, “No, I accidentally left them in our suitcase this morning…” Which made sense because we couldn’t really unpack since we weren’t in our permanent room.

We tried to wait it out, knowing my allergy to rain (it’s true, insane I know) but I decided I got tired of waiting and we made a run for it. We made it to the bus where it seemed everyone had gathered to! We made the first bus just barely and headed back to the Contemporary! It was after 4:00 by this time. We had already figured out we’d rather show up the resort later when trying to get our room. So, we get back head up to the front desk and ask where our new room was. Well, guess what……. It wasn’t ready!! So, we are sitting there, freezing because that is the coldest resort I’ve ever stepped into (their AC bill must be HUGE!), no luggage, and no room. Again, we were told it wouldn’t take long, but we had sat there for 45 more minutes without any notice from anyone that our room was going to be ready. So, Devan went over to the place where they hold your luggage and asked for our luggage. They ended up giving him trouble for asking them for our luggage. “Why do you need your luggage? WE take care of that for you. WE can do it. You don’t need it.” Um.. yes we do need it. We don’t want to wait on you to bring us our luggage when we’re having to wait to get into our room. So, it was just after 5 when we finally got our room keys and we held our breath as we entered the room only to see it was the room we had reserved over a year in advance. Finally… We were home!

IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0709.jpg

The rain was still rolling in and it was quite a storm!

IMG_0712.jpg

Finally the storm started to pass so I could get some pictures of our view!!

IMG_0718.jpg

We could see all three mountinas from our room!

IMG_0717.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

We had an ADR at the Wave for 6:00 so we headed downstairs to the lobby floor to eat! The wave is a hidden gem that is never very busy and the food is pretty good! It’s just very quiet and sometimes that just what you need at Disney World!

I had the salmon.

IMG_0728.jpg

Devan had the Cajun pasta.

IMG_0729.jpg

They were both pretty good. The waitress took a picture of us.

IMG_0732-1.jpg

I had this for dessert.

IMG_0733.jpg

It was cheesecake, crème brulee, and a chocolate moose with edible gold on top! Super delicious!! Devan was only allowed ice cream because they were afraid of contamination. He decided to not let people know about his cinnamon allergy the rest of the trip…

We finished off the night by heading to Hollywood Studios!

IMG_0735.jpg

It was fairly uneventful. We walked around, watched Muppets 3D, did the Great Movie Ride, and that was pretty much it!

Up Next: A Day Under the Sea! Day 3

We love the Poly. I stayed there a bunch when I was younger, so it was great to be back. We were in a perfect location. We were near a quiet pool. Plus, Tonga Toast was just steps away! :thumbsup2

I have heard ALL about Tonga Toast and have NEVER had it! It is a MUST on this trip in December. I will be ALL over that! Lol! :lmao:

A Day Under the Sea: Day 3

As my title might suggest, we spent a lot of day 3 surrounded by water! We slept in a little and woke up around 8:30 A.M. Believe it or not, that is very much sleeping in for us because on a daily basis we are both up at 5 A.M. due to our work schedules. It was very nice to have that extra sleep and gave us a new life that day! It was very nice that day in Florida. Back home in Missouri, like much of the nation, we were in an extreme drought. In fact, we are still at least 17” below were we should be… We had a very hot summer, most days in the triple digits, so coming to Florida was actually a relief from the heat. Never thought I’d say that!

This day was absolutely beautiful! The weather was PERFECT for… Typhoon Lagoon! This was a somewhat last minute decision. It was in our initial itinerary but as an OPTION. Well, Devan decided that a day at the water park could be a lot of fun! So, we put on our swimsuits and some clothes over (I just can’t fathom sitting in my swimsuit on a bus…) and hopped aboard a bus to take us to Typhoon Lagoon. It’s actually quite a drive since there are so many stops!

After what seemed like a very long drive... We were here!! :cool1:

IMG_0752.jpg

Again, did I mention what a gorgeous day it was?? ::yes::

:offtopic: Now, I have to tell you something before I proceed. If you notice in my signature I am a member of myfitnesspal. I went on an almost year-long weight loss journey before going on our honeymoon. I ended up losing 62 pounds. I hadn’t worn shorts or tank tops in over three years, no joke. So, going to a water park was very exciting. BUT, my self-conscious did get the best of me and I kept my cover up on most of the day… :worried: Still, wearing shorts and tank tops are a source of pride for me now and looking back on these pictures I am just so proud that I was wearing these.

Okay, proceeding!

I loved this little gator dude. He was sooo cute!

418900_2332889164193_1659806087_n.jpg

He was a LITTLE bit of a creeper though. :lmao:

557408_2332890124217_1740917073_n.jpg

We started off the day getting a locker and stowing away our things for awhile. We didn’t keep our camera but do have some photopass pictures that helped capture the fun we had there!

The first place we went to was the Lazy River aka Castaway Creek. There were a lot of kids who don’t quite understand the concept of the LAZY River and were swimming around everywhere making it very hard to be “lazy”. I laughed it off and kept relaxed.

We then ventured over to a few of the tube slides and met a little boy who knew EVERYTHING about this water park. He seemed to take a liking to us and would ask us what we thought about the rides and where we were going next. He was quite adorable! :) We ended up riding the Gankplank Falls, which was kind of a letdown. Very short. I wish it had been longer! Considering we waited a half an hour plus for it!

We also did Keelhaul Falls. It was alright, but kind of painful! I felt there were a lot of hills you were supposed to go over but they actually ended up being more like bumps! It, again, was just alright and again could have been longer! We then ventured over to none other than the Wave Pool!!

COPY.jpg

We had so much fun! We spent probably a good hour plus here total and were laughing so hard the entire time!

After the Wave Pool, we went over to try out the Shark Reef. There was only a 5 minute wait so we decided, why not? Devan and I both have asthma and mine is much worse than his. Putting on the masks and having to breath through the tubes did not sit well with me. I had a VERY difficult time breathing and was so happy when the swim across the reef was over. Plus, staring straight down I had people running into me and you can’t stop in the middle of the pool… I feel this attraction would be better if they let smaller groups go at one time. I also feel like some of the sharks came dangerously close to me! Lol!

Devan and I then headed to the Crush n’ Gusher! I’m not going to lie, I think the worst part of the ride is the line! You are constantly climbing up this tower that you can see through and it was not doing well when it came to my fear of heights! But, I overcame my fear and had a blast!

390961_2332892484276_1816456100_n.jpg

I love Devan’s face here. He is such a goofball and that is one of the reasons I love him so much.

We then went over to see if we wanted to eat anything but I had heard terrible reviews about the food at the water parks and none of it looked good so we just went back to the Wave Pool for a little while longer! We wanted to wait for at least one more big wave and it turns out they turned it off… I think they do that every day around 2:00 P.M. or so. So, we decided that this was our sign to go ahead and head out. Turns out as soon as we got to the bus stop some major clouds started rolling in. Sprinkles started coming down and as soon as we were on the bus, a nice Florida rainstorm had started coming down.

Once back to the room we took a short nap and changed to get ready to head over to Epcot! The storm had passed and we were on our way!

IMG_0754.jpg

I also noticed that I was starting to look extremely bloated because my body was not used to eating as much food as I had been! I had been on a 1200 calorie a day plus exercise lifestyle change and being on the Dining Plan, that was out the window! So, that disclaimer being out there, I’m going to proceed!

408295_2332893004289_870118660_n.jpg

We had an ADR at the Coral Reef around 5:30 P.M. and we actually showed up a little bit early and they let us sit down early! Yay!

IMG_0759.jpg

I had a delicious Piña Colada! My first and probably only alcohol of the trip! We aren’t big drinkers, the DH and I.

IMG_0758.jpg

The Coral Reef is a gorgeous restaurant! The theming is spectacular!

IMG_0768.jpg

Devan had a ribeye with some green beans and potatoes!

IMG_0769.jpg

I had a lobster pasta, which was just okay.

IMG_0770.jpg

The desserts we ended up taking to go because I was stuffed. After our dinner we ended up leaving. A very short-lived trip to Epcot. But don’t worry, we spend much more time here the next day!

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

I took some pictures from the monorail because it is such a great place to take in the sights!

IMG_0775.jpg

We ended up back at the room and took in the gorgeous view we had while the sun set.

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

A view of the castle (zoomed of course) from our room!

IMG_0784.jpg

We ended up watching Wishes, me from the balcony and Devan from the room. He was having a really hard time being on the balcony from the 11th floor.

Though, our room had another issue that we had just discovered. Our tv was supposed to have a channel that synced up with the music being played at MK for Wishes so we could listen to it whilst watching it from our room. I called almost an hour before Wishes was supposed to start and they told me that I was doing it wrong, so I asked what channel I was supposed to be on. Turns out that channel didn't work either so I called back and they told me that the person I had spoken to earlier had given me wrong information... :eek: I was beginning to get very frustrated. I just wanted to watch Wishes. They then told me that they would send someone up... Well, we waited and finally it was time for Wishes to start. They turned up in the middle of Wishes and asked if they could take a look. I told Devan from the balcony that they could come back tomorrow while we were at the parks. Coming now was going to mess with my enjoyment of Wishes and I was just not going to have that. They obliged and left.

We were exhausted. The water park had taken more out of us than we realized and we decided it was time to head to bed.

Up Next: What very important thing did I lose? Will we ever get it back? Day 4, Part 1

A Day Around the World: Day 4, Part 1

Today was a very exciting day! We were off to ride around the world on none other… than a Segway! We were up early to hop on the monorail at the Contemporary to head to Epcot!

IMG_0786.jpg

Devan was really getting into the Disney spirit here! Look how artistic! Haha!

We finally arrived and once again got to enter the park before it was open to the public! We had the pleasure of doing this three times on our honeymoon and the parks are so different with no one inside!

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

It was almost a little eerie how quiet it was!

We headed over to Guest Relations to meet up for our Segway tour! While waiting we came across a familiar set of faces. There was a family that we had got to know while on the Wild Africa Trek. They were from Denver, CO and were 100% Denver Broncos fans. Now, anyone who knows the NFL knows how huge the Denver and Kansas City rival is. Chiefs and Broncos do NOT like each other. So, it was ironic how much we liked these folks!

298758_2332567876161_1276932182_n.jpg

Well, they ended up being the only other people on our Segway tour! We couldn’t believe it!

We all headed over to Innovations to watch a small video about segways and take our short training course. Our instructor was an old man but boy was he adorable! He made some great jokes and was just a pleasure to be around!

We finally got to pick out our helmets!

IMG_0793.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

We were so excited!!

We started off doing a very simple forward, turning around, and going back to the starting line. This was to make sure we knew how to make our Segway go and stop. Some people think that’s important! Haha! We then proceeded to weaving in and out of cones. After that, they made it much more difficult. We had to go up and down a ramp. I was so scared! But, we did it! As if that weren’t difficult enough for a beginner’s training course, they then made us weave up the ramp and weave down the ramp. After that killer training course we felt like experts!

After doing our training course, we were off! We were getting lots of stares and people were so excited to see us on segways! We had to demonstrate that we knew how to park our segways so we could take our bathroom break since there would be no place to do that while on the tour.

IMG_0794.jpg

We then were off around the world! Riding the segways around a closed theme park was so neat and the weather was, again, beautiful! We were getting so lucky with the weather! We were learning some amazing facts about Disney World. In fact, we were told that artisans sent by their King designed some of the Morocco mosaics and art! We also learned that the Tower of Terror was built so that from an angle, you can see it from Morocco and it would blend in with the Moroccan architecture!

We also saw a video being made. It was something for a television show! Kind of neat to see behind the scenes like that. Wish I knew what show it was...

When we made it to the China Pavilion we got to take a break and have some “free” time.

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0797.jpg

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

We actually didn’t know this picture was being taken. :)

IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0805.jpg

After that we headed back to Innovations to drop off our segways. It was an amazing two hours and we are definitely looking to do some kind of Segway tour at Disney again. Just can’t decide whether we would want to do the Wilderness Lodge one or this one again!

Up Next: Home Away From Home and what was missing?

I thought that I commented on your last update, but apparently I didn't - sorry! What a beautiful day for a tour in Epcot! The picture that they took of you from behind is so cute :) I've never done one of those tours before, but they look like fun! I love the pictures from your previous update - MK, GF, ahhh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter