Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2005, 02:41 PM   #91
KLAIT
DIS Veteran

staci

Have always had it with bite size Tostidos, but I guess you could use anything...
KLAIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 02:54 PM   #92
Harligirl
Mouseketeer

The Easist and Best Fudge ever!!

I make this every year- I have fun changing the recipe around.

1 container of chocolate frosting
1 12 ox bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
3 snickers bars, chopped

Melt choc chips (stovetop or microwave)- remove from heat. Stir in frosting.

At this point you can either: mix in chopped candy bar or put the mixture into a pan and sprinkle with candy bars. I prefer to mix it in-

Add to a 9" square pan- refrigerate until cooled. Remove from pan and cut into squares. Tips: Line the pan with alum foil for easy removal. Add any kind of candy bar you like...change the chips- last time I used peanut butter chips...yum!

I like this recipe because you do not need to refrigerate (only to cool) it like many fudge recipes. Enjoy!!

Dreamin of Disney!
Harligirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2005, 03:11 PM   #93
bear74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayla's Mom
Another Ritz treat.....add peppermint oil to melted chocolate bark and dip the Ritz in the chocolate. They are similar to the girl scout thin mint cookies.......
how much peperment oil.
bear74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 03:17 PM   #94
bear74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karalea
Our family favorite is super easy:

Melt a bag of chocolate chips and a stick of butter in a large pan. Let cool for about 15 minutes. Stir in a bag of colored minature marshmallows -plain, white works too but not nearly as pretty in the end.

Form the mixture into 3 logs on waxed paper. Sprinkle with chopped nuts, coconut or powdered sugar. Roll up and put in the refrigerator until firm. These are really pretty when sliced.

These are extra yummy if you also stir in a spoonful or 2 of peanut butter into the chocolate mixture and top with chopped peanuts.
sounds yummy.
bear74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 03:24 PM   #95
Kayla's Mom
You are not alone!! I have several Disney shirts
Dessert for hubby it is!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear74
how much peperment oil.
I have always done it to taste. Someone else in this thread said they used 1/8 of a teaspoon I believe, along with 1 lb of chocolate. Sorry, I don't know for sure. I just start adding it in small amounts until it tastes right.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:52 PM   #96
Debbie
DIScovering DIS magic
WISHing my way to success!
Thought processes working overboard!
We have YOUR date so book it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&KsMom
What is Vernors? I have never heard of it. Does anyone have a recipe for a pizza dip?
Vernor's is gingerale where we are.

ºoº Lovin' the mouse from my Canadian house! ºoº

offsite-'85
CBR-'90FWHomes-'94FWHomes-'97HIFS/BC-'99Dixie Landings-Jan. '00 (just the parents)HIFS/Dixie Landings-Aug.'00ASMu '01Courtyard by Marriott DTD '02Courtyard by Marriott DTD/Coronado Springs '03Wilderness Lodge-Marathon Weekend '05POP with youngest sister '05POP with FREE DINING '06ASMu with DH '07POP with youngest daughter '0825th anniversary trip at Poly '09POR (still Dixie in my heart) with DH '121 night Kidani Village before 7 night Disney Fantasy Cruise '13
Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 04:15 PM   #97
disneymom3
I think I could adjust!!
Owns a S'mores maker .... yum
I have declared a moratorium on the food/kid appliances

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterKelsie
These are great! Thank you!

I have a couple!

This is very easy and one of my favorites.

Peanut Butter/Chocolate Cookies (tastes like Reese's)

1-Cup Peanut Butter
1-Cup Sugar
1-Egg

Mix together and form into balls. Use a fork dipped in sugar to flatten the cookies (criss-cross). Cook at 350 for 8-10 minutes. When you take them out of the oven, place a Hershey's Chocolate Kiss in the center of each cookie. Let the cookies cool totally before removing them from the cookie sheet, they are a bit fragile. There are very good!

I saw another great idea on TV last night. Make your favorite Sugar Cookies (or use the ready made). Cut into large stars and then cut a smaller star out of the middle. Crush 'Life Savers' (place in plastic bag and beat them ). Line your cookie sheet with waxed paper. Place the stars on the cookie sheet and fill in the middle star with the crushed candy. You can do all one color or mix them. Bake cookies at 350 for about 8 minutes and let them cool completely before removing them from the waxed paper. They look like stained glass and are very cute!!

These sound yummy! I have a question thought--is there really just egg, sugar and butter in those cookies? They hold their shape?

And I am wondering if you bake the second cookies on parchment? I didn't know you could put wax paper in the oven. Wouldn't the wax come off?

Gee, I don;t want to sound like I am picking on your post, just confused.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:45 PM   #98
Queen_freckles
Mouseketeer

There are some great and yummy items here! Thanks for all the ideas!
Queen_freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 05:13 PM   #99
staci
I need to show my little princess mommy's happiest place on earth!!
I have to act NORMAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom3
These sound yummy! I have a question thought--is there really just egg, sugar and butter in those cookies? They hold their shape?

And I am wondering if you bake the second cookies on parchment? I didn't know you could put wax paper in the oven. Wouldn't the wax come off?

I have made the peanut butter cookies; that is all that is in them! They are very peanutbuttery and wonderful. Probably not so good FOR you but totally worth it and very easy.
All-Star Sports 2/2002, AS and CB 10/1997, CB & offsite 3/1993, Carribean Beach & offsite 3/1990

staci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 06:56 PM   #100
honeybee213
Mouseketeer

Has anyone made the easy fudge with white chocolate? I was thinking of white/vanilla frosting, white chocolate chips, and craisins or maybe the new strawberries and cream hershey's bars (so good by the way).

Great ideas all around. And we call the yummy mix "white trash". I think it's how I gained fifty pounds in college (wonderful for studying)!
Old 12-07-2005, 08:11 PM   #101
mslil65
Earning My Ears

Fake Butterfingers...super easy!

1-14 oz. box Big Cheez-It Crackers (have to use the BIG ones)

Creamy peanut butter (any brand…I ended up using a no sugar added Peter Pan and it worked just fine)

1-24 oz. package chocolate bark (I think Wilton’s chocolate discs might work too)

Spread a cracker with creamy peanut butter and place another cracker on top to make a sandwich. Melt the chocolate bark in the microwave for 90 seconds. Stir. If the bark hasn't all melted, return to the microwave for 20 seconds. Dip "sandwiches" into the melted bark and coat thoroughly. Allow to set/harden on waxed paper. Voila...they taste like Butterfingers! This makes about 5 dozen.
mslil65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 09:02 PM   #102
jlw29
Mouseketeer

We make pizza dip the following way:

In the bottom of a 9 X 13 pan (or whatever works) use your hands or the wrapper flatten out 2 - 8oz packages of cream cheese. Sprinkle dried chopped onions over this. This would be like your pizza "crust". Then pour a jar of prepared pizza sauce over it. Chop up a few ounces of pepperoni into tiny bits and sprinkle that over the sauce. Then top with 8 oz shredded mozzerella. Bake at 350 for ~15 min or until mozzerella is cooked and bubbly. Serve with corn chips to dip in it. Yum, yum, yum!
jlw29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 09:22 PM   #103
Kelsie
DIS Veteran

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom3

Yes, that is all you need for the cookies and yes, if you let them cool before you pick them up they do hold their shape.

Sorry, I meant parchment paper.
Kelsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 06:08 AM   #104
K&KsMom
Mouseketeer

jlw29 thank you so much for the dip recipe. I look forward to trying this on Saturday.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:37 AM   #105
JRoglitz
DIS Veteran

This is a really easy dessert recipe. Everyone always wants me to bring it to a party.

Death by Chocolate:

1 box of Devils Food Cake mix
1 large box of instant chocolate pudding
1 large container of Cool Whip
1 bag of Oreo cookies

Make cake according to directions and let cool. Make pudding according to directions. In a large bowl layer the ingredients. Crumbled cake, pudding, crushed Oreo cookies, Cool Whip. Do this three times. Put in refrigerator overnight. You can add other ingredients such as chocolate syrup, sprinkles, different flavored cookies, tinted Cool Whip to coordinate with the holiday, etc. Best if made and put in the refrigerator overnight. Delicious!
JRoglitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: