Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2009, 09:09 PM   #946
PrincessParty
It's Cats, a Bird, and a Turtle Oh My!

Thank you so much for the E-mail. That was so fast.
PrincessParty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 09:29 PM   #947
Tweevil
Twin Evils....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mikel View Post
QUESTION: When making these Oreo truffle balls, do you need to have some type of gloves on so they don't stick to you? I've heard to use kitchen latex gloves, but I cannot find them in any of the stores so I've been hesitant to make these yet.

Any suggestions?
I use a dab of crisco on my hands. It works when making oreo truffles, cake balls/truffles, and krispy treats. HTH!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2009, 08:12 AM   #948
Worfiedoodles
DIS Veteran

I just read this recipe, and I can't think of anything quicker or easier than this...

Cookie Splatters

Take saltine crackers, salt side down, and spread them with the frosting of your choice.

That's it! This is a good way to use up leftover frosting, and can also serve as a quick snack to keep people out of your kitchen and baked goodies you are saving for later.

Maria

Worfiedoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:35 PM   #949
mommy2emily
Mouseketeer

Reese's peanut butter dessert

This is always a hit and tastes just like a Reesse's Peanut Butter Cup.

Base:
2 cups peanut butter (nuts or not)
5 cups powdered sugar
1 cup melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup brown sugar

Mix all ingredients together by hand and spread on a 10 X 13 cookie sheet
Flatten by covering with saran wrap and flattening with a rolling pin. Remove saran wrap.
Melt 1 12 oz bag of semisweet chocolate chipsand 1/2 cup butter, stirring occasionally until smooth. Pour and spread over peanut butter mixture and refrigerate until hardened.
mommy2emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:11 PM   #950
blestmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blestmom View Post
Thank you so much to everyone who has shared such yummy recipes in this thread.

My 13-year-old daughter loves to bake, and she is so excited for all the holiday baking we are going to do.

I made a Word document for her with most of the recipes from this thread, in alphabetical order. I added photos if there were any that went with the recipe, and I also added variations that other posters shared. If there wasn't a picture of the recipe posted in the thread, I looked online and tried to find a picture for several of the recipes, so my daughter could have a visual idea. It's long...71 pages.

If anyone would like a copy of it, I'm happy to share.

Feel free to send me a PM with your email address, and I'll send you a copy.

Happy baking!
If anyone I've sent the Word file to has had any problem opening it, please let me know, and I can send it also as a .pdf file.

blestmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:22 AM   #951
dyna
DIS Veteran

Most areas has at least 1 cake an candy supply shop in the area that sells good quality chocolate an white chocolate sugar free discs for those who can not have sugar. The sugar free chocolate can be used with any of these recipies.

Even if still adding sugar or corn syrup least you save the diabetic person the sugar in chocolate. To take it a step further tho make them pretzles an cracker stuff that does not have added sugar.

When adding candies to the white chocolate for peppermint bark you can use sugar free mints.

For those who is on a limited salt diet you can use the low salt pretzles an crackers with either the regular chocolate or sugar free.

Also in the candy section of most stores there is sugar free candy now including reese's sugar free peanut butter cups.
dyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:35 AM   #952
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynis View Post
Here's a recipe that I got from another DIS'er who got it from a blog. It's for the yummiest, easiest caramel popcorn ever!!!

Pumpkin Spice Caramel Corn

1 3.3 oz. popped kettle corn, unpopped kernels removed
1 C. dry roasted peanuts
2 C. unwrapped pumpkin spice kisses
6 Tbsp. butter
3/4 C. packed brown sugar
1/3 C. corn syrup
1/4 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Place popcorn and nuts on a large rimmed baking sheet that has been lightly coated with non stick spray.

Place all other ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until mixture comes to a light boil. Remove from heat and pour evenly over popcorn. Gently stir to coat. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.

Remove from oven and pour onto parchment paper to cool. Break into pieces.

If you can't find the pumpkin spice kisses, you can substitute a cup of butterscotch chips. You could also add some pumpkin pie spice to taste.

I can't wait to try this with the chocolate mint kisses that come out at Christmas time. I also want to try it with the cherry cordial kisses. This is so yummy and so easy!

I tried this last night with the dark chocolate mint truffle kisses. It is really yummy!!! Next time will be the cherry cordial kisses!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:21 AM   #953
Mom2Ashli
DIS Cast Member
People are after my thread killing powers!

Quote:

My 13-year-old daughter loves to bake, and she is so excited for all the holiday baking we are going to do.

I made a Word document for her with most of the recipes from this thread, in alphabetical order. I added photos if there were any that went with the recipe, and I also added variations that other posters shared. If there wasn't a picture of the recipe posted in the thread, I looked online and tried to find a picture for several of the recipes, so my daughter could have a visual idea. It's long...71 pages.

Happy baking!

Wow. Thank you very much.

I AM LAST
Mom2Ashli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:33 PM   #954
cydswipe
Mouseketeer

yes.. agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna View Post
Most areas has at least 1 cake an candy supply shop in the area that sells good quality chocolate an white chocolate sugar free discs for those who can not have sugar. The sugar free chocolate can be used with any of these recipies.

Even if still adding sugar or corn syrup least you save the diabetic person the sugar in chocolate. To take it a step further tho make them pretzles an cracker stuff that does not have added sugar.

When adding candies to the white chocolate for peppermint bark you can use sugar free mints.

For those who is on a limited salt diet you can use the low salt pretzles an crackers with either the regular chocolate or sugar free.

Also in the candy section of most stores there is sugar free candy now including reese's sugar free peanut butter cups.

Little FYI for those of you without sugar free candy experience... to much sugar free candy will give you the hershey squirts... My dad found this out the hard way. My diabetic husband left a small box of sugar free candy at my parents house. My dad decided to eat more than he should have and he was on the toilet a lot. My husband chuckles when we relive that story!

Might want inform potential consumers of the "side" effect!

cydswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:10 AM   #955
tcarr5
I suffer from Disneyitus!
you turned her arm and her chest went from "flat to fluffy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cydswipe View Post
*the hershey squirts*
I thought I was only one who used THAT term
Sept/Oct 2000-WDW-offsite best western/August 2001-WDW-onsite all stars-music/courtyard marriot/August 2005-WDW-onsite all stars-music/August 2007-WDW-onsite all stars sports/October 2009-WDW-onsite Pop Century/May 5 2010-DL for the day /December 2010-WDW-onsite Pop Century/December 2011-WDW-onsite POP Century

EBAY ID tcarr5 "When life knocks you to your knees, your in the PERFECT position to PRAY!"
tcarr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:22 AM   #956
Good Ol Gal
A Longhorn living in Buckeye Country who wants to live in SSR
I love hanging out with my family
My Snow Plowin' Grass Cuttin' Neighbor hates me!

Location: OH-IO ~~ but you can find me in the Land of the LAST~~

Quote:

Happy baking!
Thanks for the email!! Can't wait to start trying some :

Upcoming trip: AKL/BLT/ VWL March '14
Completed trips: BLT/ VWL/Hilton Head March '13, BTL/VWL Mar 12, Vero June 11, VWL Mar 11, SSR/VWL/BCV March '11, Vero & Boardwalk June '10, VWL & Vero Beach June '09, VWL Christmas '08, VWL Jul 08; POR / AKV / VWL Nov 07; BCV / VWL June 07; POR / OKW Dec 06; SSR Dec 05; SSR Dec 04 *first DVC trip*; FWC Feb 04

I've eaten at 103 out of 223 restaurants at Walt Disney World (46%)
I've eaten at 56 out of 86 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (65%)
I've eaten at 30 out of 71 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (42%)
I've eaten at 6 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (33%)
I've eaten at 2 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (67%)

Good Ol Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:25 PM   #957
arlenesp
Silly me, I thought paper was for the 1st
I need to get back to straightening. Yeah right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cydswipe View Post
Little FYI for those of you without sugar free candy experience... to much sugar free candy will give you the hershey squirts... My dad found this out the hard way. My diabetic husband left a small box of sugar free candy at my parents house. My dad decided to eat more than he should have and he was on the toilet a lot. My husband chuckles when we relive that story!

Might want inform potential consumers of the "side" effect!

Sept 2004 First Wonder cruise with Hurricane Jeanne,Jan 2005 Wonder,Sept 2005 Wonder, Dec 2006 Wonder, Capt Jacks EB PC Repo Aug 08, Sept 25 2011 Dream, Sept 19 2014 3 day, July 14 2014 Cruising with the Pirates to Alaska
arlenesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:51 AM   #958
MazdaUK
Curse this time difference!
You show me yours I'll show you mine!
Now I just want to go home and spread my bits of paper about

Thanks for the e-mail blestmom - I think that's one to print at work
DLP Disney Hotel New York May 2003
Disneyland - 2 days visit while staying at Sheraton Anaheim on honeymoon September 1990
MazdaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:22 PM   #959
Mom2Ashli
DIS Cast Member
People are after my thread killing powers!

I sent a pm to receive the file but I am not sure if it went a junk folder or not because I never received it.

I AM LAST
Mom2Ashli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:24 PM   #960
Cinerbelle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Ashli View Post
I sent a pm to receive the file but I am not sure if it went a junk folder or not because I never received it.
Me too.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: