Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2005, 12:35 PM   #46
timandlesley
The tag fairy may not but the Tag Genie does!!!

Easy and GREAT:

Peanut butter crackers in chocolate (doesn't sound as good as it is)

Take 2 Ritz crackers, put peanut butter in the middle to make them a sandwich, then dip the entire thing into melted chocolate (with parafin wax in it to make the chocolate set/not melt). Viola! An AWESOME treat in less than 5 minutes.

Lesley

ALL NEW"Keep Moving Forward" TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907120
DISNEY DREAM/AKL CONCIERGE JUNE 2011 TRIP REPORT "TimandLesley's If The Boat's A Rockin' Don't Come A...........TR with TONS of pics and video!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980
Nov. 2010 Adults Only TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2601328
"SUM OF OUR THRILLS" June 2010 TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497427
ALL GIRLS TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2454788
Tim's Disapalooza guys only TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2362085
First Times TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34183633&posted=1#post34183633
18 DAYS IN DISNEY!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224335
Read my blog: www.livinglifeaslesley.blogspot.com
timandlesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 01:01 PM   #47
extremesoccermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckret01
These are great. But can someone tell me what chocolate bark is? I ahve never heard of it. Also someone mentioned about going to the craft store and using the candy wafers instead of buying the kisses which is a great idea. Does the chocolate taste as good as hersheys?
The Chocolate Bark and Almond Bark are big bricks of chocolate the are scored to make it easier to break. They are easy to find this time of year and are usually with all the other baking supplies. Our store usually has a whole section with different chocolates, chips, fruit, flour, sugar and everything you need all together.
The Candy wafers that I have are from Michaels they are usually by the cake decorating section. They come in a bag and are little round quater size discs that melt and can be poured into molds or for dipping.
To me neither of these taste like Hersheys they are not a milk chocolate but a baking chocolate to be used in your baking although they can be eaten alone and are not bad just different.
94 WL, 98 POFQ, 00 FW, 02 CS & offsite x2, 04 AKL & POR, 05 PC & ASMo, 06 POR, 07 Disneyland, SSR free DDP & Upgrade from PC, 08 OKW, 09 PC, AKV DVC, PC, 10 BLT MK view DCL, 11 Pop/AKV, 12 GCV, 13 Hawaii DVC, 14 Romania, Dream: DL Paris, Tokoyo

GOLD STAR POPCentury Fridge/Toaster Swap

extremesoccermom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2005, 01:13 PM   #48
java
I am embracing the Turkey Butt
We have the mentally insane lab and the incredibly flatulent Bulldog
I'm the mean wife

Here's another really pretty one... Petit fours- all you need is ready made icing(you can tint if you like) and frozen pound cake. Cut the cake into 1 inch squares. Take your frosting and microwave it until just creamy(goes really fast less than 30 seconds) Dip your cake cubes into the frosting and let dry on a rack(put wax paper under it..it is the messy part) I decorate the tops with either more piped on icing(like initials) or use little edible decorative candies from the cake aisle. So easy and adorable. I never thought of microwaving the can of frosting..but it worked perfectly.
java is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 01:15 PM   #49
smfritz03
Just when I thought Vacation Planning was figuring out where to go and sleep, I discoverd the DISBoards, my life will never be the same again!!!!

Should the pretzel sticks that need dipped be used in parafin? Where do I find this at?
And if it doesnt taste like hersheys, will people still like it? Im worried about things tasting bad---is there anyway to make it taste better?
Old 12-06-2005, 01:19 PM   #50
java
I am embracing the Turkey Butt
We have the mentally insane lab and the incredibly flatulent Bulldog
I'm the mean wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by smfritz03
Should the pretzel sticks that need dipped be used in parafin? Where do I find this at?
And if it doesnt taste like hersheys, will people still like it? Im worried about things tasting bad---is there anyway to make it taste better?
When I dip the pretzel sticks I use regular old semisweet chocolate chips(we use Nestles) and it works great. I didn't notice if they gave the tip of having your melted chocolate in a tall narrow glass or vase- easier to dip.
java is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 01:24 PM   #51
smfritz03
Just when I thought Vacation Planning was figuring out where to go and sleep, I discoverd the DISBoards, my life will never be the same again!!!!

Ok--one more question---I have the fondue set but I want to make this on the stove top and its been a LONG time since Ive melted choc. on the stove top---is it low or med heat that I need to melt it at to keep from scorching?
Old 12-06-2005, 02:15 PM   #52
KLAIT
DIS Veteran

The big pretzel rods are also delicious dipped in white chocolate...That is what I always make and I never have any leftovers!
KLAIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 02:22 PM   #53
DisneyDotty
Oops, no more!

Subscribing--excellent thread. Thank you!
DisneyDotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 02:23 PM   #54
tinkerrn
Needing 'pixie dust'!!

I really like the peanut butter fudge recipe....sounds sooo easy.
Has anyone made this before? The recipe says reg. size peanut butter, the short or tall one? I am not sure what size they are talking about? Any ideas?
Old 12-06-2005, 02:23 PM   #55
disneyfan551
mrsG551
I LOVE to take photos!
A little Tinkerbell Tag ;-)
Should avoid flip-flopping

Love this thread! Thanks for sharing everyone!
Old 12-06-2005, 02:24 PM   #56
disneyisfun
Mouseketeer

Location: Tarpon Springs, FL about an hour and a half from Disney

Great ideas...can't wait to try some!!
disneyisfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 02:37 PM   #57
branv
The safety feature in my parents van was floor to ceiling shag carpet
If your clothes are cute enough, you can be forgiven for sensible shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by smfritz03
Ok--one more question---I have the fondue set but I want to make this on the stove top and its been a LONG time since Ive melted choc. on the stove top---is it low or med heat that I need to melt it at to keep from scorching?
I think the best way to melt chocolate is via a double boiler type method. Heat small amount of water in a pan over the stove until hot, but not boiling, and put a large metal bowl on top of the pot (obviously a bigger one then the opening of the pot, you don't want the bowl floating on the water It should sit OVER the water, not ON the water) Put the chocolate chips in the bowl and melt them. I use a silicone spatula to stir. Just be sure to not let moisture get into the chocolate or it will seize, and be sure to stir constantly. Remove as soon as the chocolate is melted and shiney.

But to be fair, I have used the microwave when I melt chocolate bark. It just seems to work okay with the bark variety. Just take it slow, stop and stir frequently. Haven't been as successful with microwaving higher quality white chocolate.
branv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 03:14 PM   #58
Karalea
Mouseketeer

Talking Stained Glass Windows

Our family favorite is super easy:

Melt a bag of chocolate chips and a stick of butter in a large pan. Let cool for about 15 minutes. Stir in a bag of colored minature marshmallows -plain, white works too but not nearly as pretty in the end.

Form the mixture into 3 logs on waxed paper. Sprinkle with chopped nuts, coconut or powdered sugar. Roll up and put in the refrigerator until firm. These are really pretty when sliced.

These are extra yummy if you also stir in a spoonful or 2 of peanut butter into the chocolate mixture and top with chopped peanuts.
Karalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 03:17 PM   #59
K&KsMom
Mouseketeer

just wanted to jump on the recipe list....anyone have a recipe for a holiday punch?
Old 12-06-2005, 03:17 PM   #60
mitushib
DIS Veteran

Exclamation

Subscribing
mitushib is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: