Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2005, 12:44 AM   #271
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgirl
Dump bag of popcorn into bowl of melted almond bark and stir until the popcorn is covered. Pour over wax paper to harden and then break apart and put into clear gift bags with beautiful ribbon and your teachers will think you've gone gourmet on them!!!
Okay, I can't picture this done. Maybe I just have to do it. How much do you spread out the chocolate popcorn & how much do you break it up? Do you flatten it out into a sheet, like the original bark or like chunky peanut brittle & break it up into smaller sheets? Or do you leave it kind of fluffy & break it up so it come out looking like caramel corn?

Also what's considered 1/2 of pkg almond bark? I thought the bark came in various size chunks. Can you have too much chocolate?
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 12:48 AM   #272
cstraub

Subscribing for later. Baking tom.
cstraub is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-22-2005, 05:16 AM   #273
d4est
The Tag Fairy is really Ghostbuster Guy in Orange!
Average everyday sane/sick psycho supergoddess
It's just a coinkie-dink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi
Okay, I can't picture this done. Maybe I just have to do it. How much do you spread out the chocolate popcorn & how much do you break it up? Do you flatten it out into a sheet, like the original bark or like chunky peanut brittle & break it up into smaller sheets? Or do you leave it kind of fluffy & break it up so it come out looking like caramel corn?

Also what's considered 1/2 of pkg almond bark? I thought the bark came in various size chunks. Can you have too much chocolate?
I didn't spread it out "all the way." I left it kinda thick. It broke up easily, into nice sized "chunks."

The almond bark I used (from walmart) was like a giant chocolate bar, like how a hershey bar has places (lines?) to break it. I just broke it directly in half. I made two batches.

I used butter flavor microwave popcorn...boy scouts brand. (DS is a Wolf scout, we have plenty)

2/11 1st cruise-DCL 4 night Dream~2/10 February Fury wrecks our plans! Did Tampa family visit with Busch Gardens etc~2/09 Hard Rock Hotel and Discovery Cove
12/07 Disney’s AKL & Universal HRH~2/06 Coronado Springs! Totally Awesome!!!~2/05 Universal RPR…FOTL Rocks!!!~2/04 Marriott OWC Sea world/Bush Gardens
2/03 Offsite w/family Sea World~4/1995 Offsite (Timeshare) Sea World & MK

Make your own kind of music, sing your own special song...
d4est is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 09:04 AM   #274
gemjoy
Beware the Cruise Shampoo!
fries with gravy can get kinda "pointy"
Nope ~ I could not jog with a bag of poo!

I made the white chocolate popcorn last night...... and I melted a huge symphony bar with the toffee in it and drizzled it on top of the popcorn once it was spread out on wax paper ~ OMG!!! It is to die for and looks totally beautiful! I put it in clear cellophane bags and tied them with a cranberry colored organza ribbon with gold trim ~ I would actually pay good money for these if I saw them in the store!!! And soooo easy and inexpensive too! I also used the trails end (boy scouts) butter flavored popcorn and got the huge symphony bars at big lots for .99!!!! Yeah! Thanks for the great recipes everyone!!! Happy Holidays!!

You know you're Italian when
Your grandfather had a fig tree ~You eat Sunday dinner at 2:00
You've been hit with a wooden spoon or had a shoe thrown at you
Your mom's meatballs are the best

SSR 02/28/06~03/04/06 Disney Magic 03/04/06~03/11/06
gemjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 09:32 AM   #275
Queen of 3 princess
Mouseketeer

I tryed several of these easy recipes. My families favorite was the pretzel wreaths. My kids couldn't get enough of them. They were the easy thing I have ever made. I used parchment paper instead of foil because thats what I had on hand. I also let the pan cool but noticed that they weren't hardening so I put the whole pan in the freezer for a couple of minutes and they hardened right up. Thank you all the for great recipes.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:49 AM   #276
bengalbelle
Geaux Tigers!
Will post anywhere to avoid DIS withdrawl
Does not possess DDA Superpowers!

I wish all of you who still have Boy Scout popcorn would stop talking about it. You're killing me!!! I just tried it for the first time this year and it's the best popcorn I've ever had. I wish I could get more now.

I'm going to try the popcorn recipe today.
bengalbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 09:52 AM   #277
luvmy2sams
Proud Mommy
Flip flops creep me out!
Drank cowboy kool-aid & now I'm married
Drinks Rattlesnakes and does the 2 Step until 2am!

Smores

For those of you suffering from fireplace withdrawal....

large marshmallows
chocolate almond bark
crushed graham crackers

Melt almond bark and dip marshmallow (using a toothpick) until completely coated. Roll in graham crackers and let harden on wax paper. They're yummy!

Subscribing to this great thread finally...
Old 12-22-2005, 10:01 AM   #278
Goofy Mom
Earning My Ears

Wow, First time here and there are SO many great things that I want to try.
They all sound so Yummy!!!
Just a quick tip I found last night when dipping pretzel rods until 11:30 PM so I could bag them up and put them in pretty tins for school gifts.
Anyways, I tried for the first time using paper dipping containers that you can microwave the chips in. Think I paid $1.69 for them at AC Moore for a pack of four. They were wonderful as they made cleanup so easy. Believe me, I did not want to wash out dishes so late last evening. Just tought I'd add my two cents in should it help anyone at such a busy time of year.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:22 AM   #279
Tinkerbell_Girl

Thanks for all the great and yummy recipes! Me, MIL AND SIL'S are going to have a baking day on Sat. and I want to try the white chocolate popcorn! But I have a question- How much of the white choc. do you need? How many ounces?

Tinkerbell_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 02:28 PM   #280
Imzadi
Point Free Zone
Like Pakey's

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemjoy
I made the white chocolate popcorn last night...... and I melted a huge symphony bar with the toffee in it and drizzled it on top of the popcorn once it was spread out on wax paper ~ OMG!!! It is to die for and looks totally beautiful! I put it in clear cellophane bags and tied them with a cranberry colored organza ribbon with gold trim ~ I would actually pay good money for these if I saw them in the store!!! And soooo easy and inexpensive too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_1derland
Just improvised a batch of my version of the white chocolate popcorn, it's AMAZING! I mixed the popcorn with rice chex, nuts and chocolate chips. I poured the white chocolate over it and mixed it and spread it on the wax paper and cooled it. Then I drizzled dark chocolate over the top of one batch and caramel over another.
You guys are killing me with these descriptions! I sell my handmade pottery at craft fairs. I've often wanted something simple to make & bag & leave out on display in one of my big pasta serving bowls. Some fairs, it's hard to simply make back the booth fee - and nervewracking and depressing at that.

These sound so simply, inexpensive to do the night before, yet unusual to buy, that they sound like they'd be snapped up in a jiffy & would help cover the booth fee!

I think I'll try these, the "smores marshmallows" luvmy2sams posted above & another simple treat for variety.

And if you see me at any fairs, do NOT give away how easy these recipes are!

Also, if you coupon, ACT II popcorn often has coupons out. Walgreen's has sales for it every few months, making the popcorn nearly free!
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
Thanks!
Old 12-22-2005, 05:48 PM   #281
Imzadi
Point Free Zone
Like Pakey's

Anyone know where to get the white chocolate almond bark in Manhattan, NY? We don't have a Walmart here in the city.
Thanks!
Old 12-22-2005, 06:30 PM   #282
txgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell_Girl
How much of the white choc. do you need? How many ounces?
1/2 a block per 1 bag of popcorn

Yummy!
November 2011 - Our first trip to Fort Wilderness!!!

-16 -14 -8 -3 -1
txgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 06:33 PM   #283
alikat99
NO! Don't make me go to Super WalMart!!!
Where, oh where, is that Twilight Zone music?!?!?!?!

OK, I had my mom pick up almond bark at Walmart today. I just made the white chocolate popcorn and it's cooling, but boy is it tasty!!! (and easy!!!)
Old 12-22-2005, 07:21 PM   #284
msdznyduck
Victim of the latest fly by tagging
my kids were shocked when they found out the music truck sells ICE CREAM. They just thought it was a neighbor riding around playing music for his friends

I couldn't find the chocolate bark, but we have a Rag Shop that has a section of candymaking supplies. You can get a pound of Wilton's chocolate melts for $1.99. I used Orville's movie theatre butter popcorn. (Costco...probably could have used cheaper kinds.) I used 2 bags of popcorn per pound of melts. I have a large stainless steel mixing bowl, that I put in a pot of water, since I don't have luck melting chocolate in the microwave....it always seems to scorch. Anyway....I have made about 20 batches, and finally am done. BIG HIT!!
I also made some milk chocolate, but liked the white better....the white goes great with the buttery popcorn.

Thanks again for such a great idea.

~~*msdznyduck*~~

Imagine all the people living life in peace.
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.
I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will live as one.
--John Lennon

We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand. ---Randy Pausch

Be kinder than necessary. 'Cause everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
msdznyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 09:35 AM   #285
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

just subscribing. Yummy.

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Deesknee is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: