Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2005, 08:21 AM   #16
dclfun
DIS Veteran

I would also think that if there's a specific character your child wants to see you could contact Guest Services ahead of time or even when you arrive and explain your child's wish, to see if they can arrange a meet/greet and make some special magic. I remember seeing a little girl one time with a button that said, "ask me about my wish". She said her wish was to meet all the princesses. At the Little Mermaid show at MGM she was allowed to stay after all the other guests had exited to meet Ariel one on one. I'd think the characters themselves would love to make a child's dream come true. ---Kathy
dclfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 09:28 AM   #17
roseprincess
Proud Redhead
I was a nerd, too in high school
Ok, I gotta run. Oy!

Hi Kim,
If you ds wants to do the character breakfast at US/IOA, it might be best to contact your wish coordinator to arrange that for you.
I'm just hopping in, haven't been on this thread in a few days, just responding to the previous post about meet and greet with the characters.

Rosemarie
roseprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2005, 10:26 AM   #18
barrysprot36
Mouseketeer

We were really lucky 2 years ago to have DS2 wish granted by Make a Wish. We went to DLP and DS2 was desperate to meet Donald Duck. We enquired at City Hall and they arranged for us to go into the Studios park to have a private metting with Donald Duck. The CM also gave DS2 some lovely presents including a signed poster of all the characters.

Also after the Winnie the Pooh show we were invited back stage to meet all the characters of the show. We have some great photos of DS2 with all the characters.

Hope you all have a great time.

Caron
barrysprot36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 10:10 PM   #19
imadisneyfanatic
Mouseketeer

Smile I am overwhelmed

Sue: Once again you prove to us what an amazing person you are. Thank you for taking care of an obviously bitter person that needs some pixie dust and even more making someone feel welcome as you always do.

Kim: My thoughts and prayers are with you. Please continue to visit our forum. You won't find better advice or nicer people anywhere else.

I feel so blessed. You know....I have been having a pity party over my daughter and all her dificulties and diseases lately but Kim and Sue you have reminded me to see the blessings I truly have instead of what I could be facing

I thank God that there is an organization that is granting wishes to the kids. You often wonder where your money goes with things like that.

I would also have to recommend the Passporter for Special Needs. I just got mine in the mail yesterday and it is absolutely fabulous and so far addresses every special need you could think of and then some. It even brought to my attention some areas that I didn't consider so that I can plan ahead.

Good luck with your trip - may you have lots and lots of pixie dust
imadisneyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 10:40 PM   #20
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Thanks, imadisneyfanatic

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 10:07 PM   #21
Nik's Mom
Karl Pilkington is a genius

I'm very sad to read that there was a war going on these boards! I have only been met with kindness by all of you. You've all been my shoulder to cry on. I know that the support that I have received from you all has meant so much to me. I'm sorry that someone was attacked (I never read the post, so don't know what happened), but please don't let that chase you away. There are some truely amazing people here. Let's face it, we go out in the world every day and are faced with stares, rude comments and obstacles due to our disabilities (or in my case, my sons disability). Let's have this board be a safe haven from all of that.

Proud Mom to 2 boys, and wife to a great husband!
Nik's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: