Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2005, 04:11 PM   #1
samkj
I LOVE changing them for the holidays
I love living in CA!!

I'm doing some research....

Is there a demand for for travel agencies specializing in special needs customers? I know I haven't been able to find much information about travel experts for special needs kids. So far we've pretty much limited our travels to Disneyland (we live in CA, so its easier than WDW) because they go out of their way to make our daughter feel like a princess. But I think it would be wonderful if there was and agency that helped plan these special type of vacations. A one stop travel center that will help ensure everything you want to do, can be accesses despite any diability.

I am in the very early planning stages for starting a travel agency. any tips, advice or comments would be appreciated.

This is something I feel very strongly about. Everyone should be able to have the vacation they want, without the hassle of determining if everything is handicap accessible. That should be a job for their travel agent.

Thanks for any help/advice/comments.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:46 PM   #2
roseprincess
Proud Redhead
I was a nerd, too in high school
Ok, I gotta run. Oy!

I think that is a very cool idea!
Is there something called Dreammakers? I probably have the name wrong, but I know some of the people on this board know of the travel agency. I never used a travel agency specified for special needs kids. If you have one coming out to the Chicago area, please let me know. I have 2 special needs kids and we only went to WDW once, for my dd's Make-A-Wish trip last yr. And I only went to WDW one other time, just my dh and I on our 1 yr. wedding anniversary about 11 yrs. ago, this was before kids.
Like I said, if you happen to work with any clients in the future in the Chicago area, let me know. Also, if there are any certain discounts to WDW or DL for special needs families thru the travel agency, I think that would be great,too!

Hope it works out well for you! Keep us posted on your research and what you plan to do.

Rosemarie
roseprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 06:42 PM   #3
roseprincess
Proud Redhead
I was a nerd, too in high school
Ok, I gotta run. Oy!

ETA: I think the name of the travel agency for disabilities is called Dreams Unlimited? I am not familiar with this already established travel agency, only seen the name of it here and there on these boards.

Rosemarie
roseprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: