Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2008, 06:44 PM   #31
SnackyStacky
Disney Addict
S2+1

Proud new daddy to his own little princess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkinsmomma View Post
SnackyStacky-

Ok, please make sure I am understanding this correctly.
I made a Room Only reservation online yesterday (4-1-08) for arrival in two weeks (4-20-08). I paid the required deposit (1 night stay I assume) online yesterday when I made the reservation. When I received my confirmation e-mail, it showed my deposit paid and also said balance due on 4-1-08.

So do I need to call and make final payment, or is it actually not due until check-in due to being a room only reservation?

Thanks for your help on clearing this up for me. I just don't want to loose my ressie for not understanding correctly!
Hi punkinsmomma.

The policy is that it's not due until you check in. Having said that though, give them a call. I've had Disney's systems mess up deposit and balance due dates. There may be an error in their systems.

I would personally advise rebooking directly with them when you call. Those online room only reservations are a pain in the patootie!!!!
SnackyStacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:48 PM   #32
rodkenrich
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreq View Post
Now, if I call in central reservations and book a room only w/deposit, I DO have the option of paying it off before my trip? Thinking it would be nice to have one expense taken care of before we go.
As a matter of fact, you can apply extra funds to your reservation by notifying the rep that you would like to "put a certain amount of funds as a reserve towards your reservation to be used for future purchases". Trust me - I've been utilzing this method for past three years without any foul-ups. I currently have as of this writing, enough reserve funds to cover all of the tickets for my party including a sizeable amount for dining, and I am planning on adding more as the date of arrival nears. This will ensure that upon check-in, I will apply all of the reserve funds on the room card and minimize the usage of any extra cash or credit cards.
Sheraton Safari '00 & '01 - Best Western LBV '00 - Wilderness Lodge '01 - Animal Kingdom Lodge '01 - Caribbean Beach '02 - Hard Rock Hotel '02 - All-Stars Sports '03 - Royal Pacific Hotel '02 & '04 - Sheraton Studio City '04 - Contemporary '05 - Pop Century 1970's '05 - All-Stars Movies '05 - Walt Disney World Swan '06 - Boardwalk Inn '07 - All Star Music Family Suites '07 - All Star Sports '08 - Pop Century 1970's '12
rodkenrich is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2008, 06:58 PM   #33
planningcrazymom
Mouseketeer

Ok, we are planning on coming back in Aug of '09 and wanted to book soon so we can start paying on our trip. When the rates become available for next years packages we are going to add one. So can we call and make our room reservation and tell the rep that we would like to apply extra funds to our reservation and use those funds to help pay off our trip?

planningcrazymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:20 PM   #34
I Am Canadian, Eh
Earning My Ears

I had a room-only reservation. Called to pay off the amount owing and was told that the system "wouldn't allow it". Called right back, got a different CM and no problem!
Perhaps I got a WDTC rep the first time and a CRO the second?????
I Am Canadian, Eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:03 PM   #35
jackemail
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=SnackyStacky;22570354]A quick summary of payment policies:

Room Only Reservations booked over the phone or with most travel agents:
  • Has a 12 digit confirmation number
  • 1 night plus tax due within 14 days of the booking
  • balance not required until check in
  • interim payments can be made (if you've booked through a travel agency, check with policies for minimum interim payments)

Room Only Reservations booked online:
  • Has an 8 digit confirmation number beginning with the letter R
  • balance not payable until check in
  • no interim payments can be made. Any payment that appears to have been accepted over the phone will be refunded to your credit card.

Well, since this info is a year old---I booked two room-only reservations last week. I immediately received two 12-digit confirmation numbers, and no letter "R". It does appear that one still cannot make additional payments online, though, which is frustrating.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:10 PM   #36
SnackyStacky
Disney Addict
S2+1

Proud new daddy to his own little princess!

[QUOTE=jackemail;30160703]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnackyStacky View Post
A quick summary of payment policies:

Room Only Reservations booked over the phone or with most travel agents:
  • Has a 12 digit confirmation number
  • balance not required until check in
  • interim payments can be made (if you've booked through a travel agency, check with policies for minimum interim payments)

Room Only Reservations booked online:
  • Has an 8 digit confirmation number beginning with the letter R
  • balance not payable until check in
  • no interim payments can be made. Any payment that appears to have been accepted over the phone will be refunded to your credit card.

Well, since this info is a year old---I booked two room-only reservations last week. I immediately received two 12-digit confirmation numbers, and no letter "R". It does appear that one still cannot make additional payments online, though, which is frustrating.
The did change the policies and procedures.

All room only reservations will have a 12 digit confirmation number. As you mentioned, you still can only pay the deposit. Additional payments cannot be made.

HOWEVER - if you book a DISCOUNTED room only rate online - IT WILL FOLLOW PACKAGE CANCELLATION AND CHANGE TERMS. This applies to the current January/March promotion (code OZI), Florida Residents, and passholders. It's buried in the terms and conditions - but it is in there.

I haven't tried to add a discount to a room only reservation booked online for full price - but with the cancellation policy above? I wouldn't even risk it.
SnackyStacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:21 AM   #37
mbanks21
DIS Veteran

There are NO more R bookings. All rooms booked online have 12 digit res numbers just like booked by phone. And to the person that said they got a WDTC instread of a CRO person, they are one in the same. There is no WDTC CM and no CRO CM.
mbanks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:40 AM   #38
Candice30
World's Greatest Aunt! -- or so the kids tell me.

so confusing??? i pulled up my reservation online (i also booked online) and it says to call if i want to make payments on reservation. what gives?
Candice30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:14 AM   #39
mbanks21
DIS Veteran

So call and make a payment
Old 04-06-2009, 10:55 AM   #40
Candice30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbanks21 View Post
So call and make a payment
i tried but was on hold so long i had to hang up. i was gonna try again but someone else told me that when they did finally get thru, they couldn't do it.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:11 PM   #41
greeneggs1082
Mouseketeer

Smile

I was just reading through this thread, and wanted to let you know that it now appears you CAN make additional payments to online room-only reservations. I made my reservation on 3/28/09 and paid the deposit. Then the next day I called in and made a payment for the rest of my room. The charge was taken out of my account on 3/31/09, and my account on the Disney website shows that the deposit was made and that the additional payment was made. It shows my balance due as $0. My trip is in less than two weeks, so I don't know if that has anything to do with me being able to make additional payments, but my additional payment is there, and my trip is paid in full. Hope that helps.

-Gina
greeneggs1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:13 PM   #42
Candice30

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneggs1082 View Post
I was just reading through this thread, and wanted to let you know that it now appears you CAN make additional payments to online room-only reservations. I made my reservation on 3/28/09 and paid the deposit. Then the next day I called in and made a payment for the rest of my room. The charge was taken out of my account on 3/31/09, and my account on the Disney website shows that the deposit was made and that the additional payment was made. It shows my balance due as $0. My trip is in less than two weeks, so I don't know if that has anything to do with me being able to make additional payments, but my additional payment is there, and my trip is paid in full. Hope that helps.

-Gina
thanks....i'm gonna try again at lunch time!
Old 04-07-2009, 12:13 PM   #43
greeneggs1082
Mouseketeer

Candice30,

Did you get to make the rest of your payment?
greeneggs1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:19 PM   #44
mbanks21
DIS Veteran

If your reservation is 8 numbers or 12 numbers you can make payments on it
Old 04-10-2009, 07:20 AM   #45
Candice30

YEP ...i made a payment this morning!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: