Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2007, 10:27 AM   #16
Priorityonecb
DIS Veteran

I don't understand...

I booked a room only reservation last week. I called a day later and paid in full over the phone. Am I *not paid in full???? Why would Disney not allow people to pay in full? I know I have a fever today...but this doesn't make sense to me at all.

HELP!
Priorityonecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:30 AM   #17
Trekker
I've gone to find myself,
if I get back before I return,
make me stay here!

This has to do with room only reservations made on the web site - you cannot make payments for those reservations - did you book online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
Disney's system WILL NOT ALLOW for any additional payments to be made (other than the deposit) to any ROOM ONLY reservation booked online (whether it be best rate, FL resident or regular rack rate.)

If you call and get a CM that applies an additional payment, that payment will be REFUNDED back to your credit card. It will not stay on the reservation.

Trekker is Ron from Dreams Unlimited Travel

Questions? Email me at ron@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com
Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2007, 11:33 AM   #18
Priorityonecb
DIS Veteran

Ohhh okay! No, I booked over the phone. Thanks!
Priorityonecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 05:00 PM   #19
wen8jr
DIS Veteran

I just made room only reservations through CRO and I was told that I can "absolutely" call back and pay in full anytime up to check in which I plan to do soon.

I can also add tickets to my room key (which is not a package but you have to pay for them in full up front) and I can cancel those or my reservations 6 days prior to check in with no fees.

I'm going in June and haven't seen any AP or codes anyway for dining, etc. so this works for me and gives me the freedom to watch the weather and make a change if needed. Never know what can come up in 3 months, although it would take some serious conditions to make us cancel.

Disney BOUND!!!
wen8jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:17 AM   #20
loriandmatt
DIS Veteran

any idea if i can send a check and have that applied to my existing room only ressie that was booked online?
8/1980 (a one day trip to MK, but the magic was planted), 9/2000 ASMo (the long awaited return - i am hooked), 10/2001 - FW, 2/2002 - offsite, 6/2002 - ASMu, 8/2003 FW (it's been over a year- ack! I am going thru withdrawl), 3/2004 FW, Wow - a new house and a new baby - will have to wait a while for out next trip. How long do you think we can hold out?!?!?!?, 9/2005 - Pop (Held out for 18 months - that was hard!), 8/2006 - ASSp and POR, 8/2007 - FW,6/2008 - off site windsor hills villa,8/09 - just swung by for two day trips while staying at Cocoa Beach,07/10 - WL, 07/11 - AKL,8/12 - POR, 7/13 - Poly, 2014 - planning - leaning towards FW cabin
loriandmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:06 PM   #21
SueEllen
Proud Iced Tea Snob
Laughs when thinking
Olga Tickaboomskya

Quote:
what about payments throuhg dreams unlimited?Will extra payments be accepted?
Room only reservations booked through Dreams are not the same as what is being referred to here. If you booked a room reservation through Dreams (not a package) you should have a 12 digit confirmation number, and on those you CAN make additional payments.

Quote:
any idea if i can send a check and have that applied to my existing room only ressie that was booked online?
No, room only reservations made online cannot have additional payments applied in advance of check in.

If you have a 12 digit confirmation number (by either phoning in your reservation or booking via a travel agent) this DOES NOT affect your reservation.

IT IS ROOM ONLY RESERVATIONS BOOKED VIA THE DISNEY ONLINE WEBSITE that will not accept payment other than the deposit.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:52 AM   #22
jblb1020
Mouseketeer

I booked a room only reservation over the phone and the cast member told me that I could not pay in full but had to pay the balance upon arrival. Is this true?
jblb1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:36 PM   #23
wen8jr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblb1020 View Post
I booked a room only reservation over the phone and the cast member told me that I could not pay in full but had to pay the balance upon arrival. Is this true?

This is not true in my experience. I had a room only reservation and have paid my balance in full. I paid the 1st night up front, my park tickets up front (as I tacked them on to my room only ressie) and then I paid one payment and this week I paid the balance.

This was all done over the phone.

I would call and talk to another CM.
wen8jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:43 PM   #24
jblb1020
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info I will try to call again. The only thing I can think of is that I made our original reservation online and then called up and changed the reservation to another resort. They may have kept the online reservation # instead of giving me another new reservation #. I will check on it!
jblb1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 07:02 AM   #25
angel659
Have A Magical Day

Dreams unlimited said that I could make additional payments towards my room only package? I didnt want to pay it all on arrival.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:47 PM   #26
okiediva
Earning My Ears

Package payments

I understand that the room only ressies can be paid in full prior to arrival but what about package deals? I want to take care of everything prior to me getting there!
okiediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 03:55 PM   #27
megnsamsgracie
DIS Veteran

Packages HAVE to be paid 45 days in advance I was told

Christmas with the Mouse!
Mom(Steph), Dad (Mark),
megnsamsgracie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:32 PM   #28
lilyv
I'm looking for a place that's nice
It is an exciting time, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brer rabbit 28 View Post
what about payments throuhg dreams unlimited?Will extra payments be accepted?
Dreams Unlimited-You certainly CAN make payments online. Very easy, and it's one of the reasons I went with them. Payments have to be at least $100.00.

They gave me a great AAA room only rate for our 08 trip.

I love having a vacation on layaway!
lilyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:18 PM   #29
SnackyStacky
Disney Addict
S2+1

Proud new daddy to his own little princess!

A quick summary of payment policies:

Room Only Reservations:
  • Has a 12 digit confirmation number
  • 1 night plus tax due within 7 days of the booking
  • balance not required until check in
  • interim payments can be made over the phone only (if you've booked through a travel agency, check with policies for minimum interim payments)
  • changes may be made at any time, free of charge
  • cancellations within 5 days of arrival forfeit the deposit

Room Only Reservations booked online:
  • Has a 12 digit confirmation number
  • 1 night plus tax due at the time of booking (you can have a 7 day courtesy hold only by calling in)
  • balance not required until check in
  • interim payments can be made over the phone only (if you've booked through a travel agency, check with policies for minimum interim payments)
  • changes may be made at any time, free of charge
  • cancellations within 5 days of arrival forfeit the deposit

Pacakge Reservations (no matter where booked):
  • Has an 8 digit confirmation
  • $200 per room due within 7 days of the booking (online, again, $200 will be due at the time of booking. If you need or want the courtesy hold, you'll have to call)
  • balance due 45 days prior to arrival (check your confirmation or use this link to calculate your date)
  • interim payments can be made (if you've booked through a travel agency, check with policies for minimum interim payments)
  • changes resulting in a higher, overall package total may be made up to 3 days prior to arrival, free of charge (techincally, their terms say they are within their rights to charge a $50 change fee, but I've never had to pay one)
  • changes made within 45 days of arrival that result in a lower package total will be charged a $50 change fee
  • changes made within 14 days of arrival, irrespective of total price changes, may be subject to an additional $15 document fee (this used to be routinely charged, but I haven't had this one come up lately)
  • cancellations made 46 or more days prior to arrival are not charged a fee, all money is refunded
  • cancellations made within 45 days of arrival now forfeit the entire $200, per-room deposit

Always double check the policies for the terms when you book. Disney does reserve the right to change the policies. The policy used to be that you'd loose only $100 if you canceled 7 or more days prior to arrival. They quietly changed this for 2011.

These are the policies for reservations booked in the US and through US based travel agencies. YMMV for booking through Disney's Canadian, UK or other international divisions.

Last edited by SnackyStacky; 05-31-2011 at 08:23 AM. Reason: updated cancellation/change terms
SnackyStacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:37 AM   #30
punkinsmomma
Mouseketeer

SnackyStacky-

Ok, please make sure I am understanding this correctly.
I made a Room Only reservation online yesterday (4-1-08) for arrival in two weeks (4-20-08). I paid the required deposit (1 night stay I assume) online yesterday when I made the reservation. When I received my confirmation e-mail, it showed my deposit paid and also said balance due on 4-1-08.

So do I need to call and make final payment, or is it actually not due until check-in due to being a room only reservation?

Thanks for your help on clearing this up for me. I just don't want to loose my ressie for not understanding correctly!
punkinsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: