Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2005, 10:55 AM   #1
cowza
Mouseketeer

Excursions to Paris?

I am going for my third trip to Disneyland Paris next week with my mum and this time my mum and I would quite like to go into the city of Paris as we have not been yet.

We are staying at Newport Bay Club and I just wondered if anyone had been on the cityrama daytour of Paris with Disney and what it was like? I understand you get to see the Notre Dame cathedral and the eiffel tower which is ideal but do you get to go to the shops on the Champs Elysees as we would quite like to do that? As we speak barely any french we were a bit worried of getting the metro ourselves to Paris as we'll probably get lost so the cityrama tour from the Disney hotels is our only option really!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ben
cowza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 05:38 PM   #2
kaygela
was having a blond moment at the time
I could even be "somebody"!

OK, i've pretty much a novice here, going to DLP in 2 weeks for the 1st time. We are staying in Paris and I've done alot of research into the tours, etc and Cityrama seems to be the most popular company. From everything that I've read, they do a nice job. Alos, the language doesn't seem to be an issue in Paris. Most people speak English and the metro system is very east to follow. I was there many, many years ago and I think it has gotten even better. Hope this helps.
WDW Coronado Springs Resort- February 2003
WDW Coronado Springs Resort- February 2004
Disneyland Paris- April 2005
WDW Hilton DTD- April 2006
Disneyland- December 2006-New Year's
Disneyland Grand Californian-October 2009
WDW Hilton DTD- December 2009
kaygela is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2005, 06:01 PM   #3
ely3857
Would love to be a Librarian - but isn't sure if she can spell it

Smile

Hello,

I have been to DLP & Paris several times...

We have never stayed 'onsite' at DLP but we do drive and park there then get the Metro into Paris. This way we know the car is safe, We dont have to drive into Paris negotiating maniac drivers and attempt to find a parking space out of the seemingly 3 available per million cars! And finally we generally eat dinner in a restaurant at Disney village after returning from Paris.

last time (Sept '04) We did do a bus trip around Paris, I cant remember the name of the company but it was one of them on/off ride all day with several routes to choose from tyoe things. I cannot recommend one of these bus trips enough. Like I said I have been several times and I still got alot out of this bus service.

Language isnt really an issue in Paris but if you do make an effort then you will recieve more polite english response for your efforts (unfortunatley the french can be a tad 'rude' at times and I have found that a little 'bonjour' & 'merci' can go a long way)

Hope this helps, Any questions feel free to pm me.

Jodie
Old 04-06-2005, 09:40 PM   #4
kaygela
was having a blond moment at the time
I could even be "somebody"!

I think the bus company that Jodie is thinking of (the on and off at stops) is L'OpenTour. It has 4 routes and makes something like 50 stops and you can get on and off as you like. I think there may be commentary as you go as well. I think we're going to use it ourselves the first couple of days in Paris. (there is a 2 day pass that is a nominal amount above the 1 day pass.) I read in one of the Frommer books ( I think it was Frommer) that this company is getting rather popular and is competing somewhat with Cityrama.
WDW Coronado Springs Resort- February 2003
WDW Coronado Springs Resort- February 2004
Disneyland Paris- April 2005
WDW Hilton DTD- April 2006
Disneyland- December 2006-New Year's
Disneyland Grand Californian-October 2009
WDW Hilton DTD- December 2009
kaygela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 02:13 AM   #5
ely3857
Would love to be a Librarian - but isn't sure if she can spell it

Smile

Yeap!

It def' was L'Opentour. You also get a map of the routes which helps you plan any walknig you might do.

Have a great time!

Jodie
Old 04-07-2005, 01:06 PM   #6
cowza
Mouseketeer

Thank You!

Thanks to everyone for your helpful advice!

Ben
Old 04-07-2005, 01:08 PM   #7
jodyb
DIS Veteran

Hi Ben,

My daughter and I have done the CityRama tour which leaves right from the Hotel New York, and I thought it was really great. We saw the major sites of Paris, and had a nice coach tour - but didn't have to sit in the coach all day - plenty of time to explore, including several hours at the Eifel Tower and an hour at Notre Dame - two cruises up and down the Seine... it was really an enjoyable day and a fantastic first taste of Paris. If you have any specific questions about the tour let me know.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:08 PM   #8
cowza
Mouseketeer

Thanks for your reply! I think we will most probably go for that tour as we have never seen the sites of Paris before. Do you remember if you get any time to do shopping and what sort of shops are accessible in the area in which they give you time to shop?

Ben
Old 04-07-2005, 02:16 PM   #9
jodyb
DIS Veteran

Actually shopping would be the weakest part of the tour - it really didn't give much chance for that - the day is pretty packed with seeing the sights. The coach takes you down the Champs d’ Lysee, to the Arch de Triumph - and I remember thinking I'd rather be walking (and shopping)... but that area isonly seen from the coach on this tour. The free time was mostly in the area of Notre Dame and at the Eiffel tower- and you have lunch in the notre Dame area- everyone is responsible for their own lunch. My daughter and I found a nice cafe right on the river - directly accross from Notre Dame. We spent the time eating, people watching, and taking lots of photos of the area and of course we were inside the cathedral for quite a while as well. That area is mostly restaurants - I did not notice any interesting shops...

Last edited by jodyb; 04-07-2005 at 02:42 PM.
jodyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 05:59 PM   #10
BCT
Mouseketeer

Trips to anywhere but paris?

Does anyone have experience of trips from DLRP toVersailles. We went to Paris on our last visit and were not impressed with the excursion.

Thanks in advance
Berwyn

Orlando Quality inn international Easter2000
DLRP easter 2003
DLRP 29th May 2005 25th Wedding Anniversary Trip

Easter 2000 Orlando I-Drive 2weeks

March 2003 DLRP 5 Days ( My 50th birthday )

May 29th2005 DLRP 5 Days ( Just DW and me 25th Anniversary Trip)

22 miles/4116 to go
BCT is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: