Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2005, 07:08 AM   #31
MickeyMonstersMom
DIS Veteran

Mears is sort of the default transportation service from the airport to WDW. If you have a travel agent book your trip, chances are good you will get Mears as part of the package. Usually they have vans or buses at the airport, where they wait to fill up with Disney-bound guests and then take them to their various resorts on WDW property. I used Mears in 1993 after arriving on an evening flight. I remember being packed into a large van with many other people and going to several resorts before being dropped off at POR almost two hours after leaving MCO. It wasn't painful, but then again I was already fuzzy with fatigue and didn't feel rushed to get to WDW and start my day. I knew this arrangement would not work well with my mother in 2002, so I arranged for a town car - and like I said above, it really injected a dose of magic into the vacation, as my mom and the Dkids felt special (none had ever used a livery service before).
Old 03-26-2005, 07:38 AM   #32
allforpooh
DVC Member

There is nothing wrong with Mears its more of a what you are looking for, Mears will stop at multiple hotels to drop off guests where a town car will take you directly to your resort and even do a quick grocery stop on the way. For a family of 4 a towncar can be cheaper. I have to agree with MickeyMonstersMom, it just adds a special touch to the beginning of your vacation....
WDW 23, DL, DCL, Disney Hilton Head, Italy, St Thomas, San Juan, Sedona AZ, Washington DC, Williamsburg VA, New Orleans, Grand Canyon, New York City, Vegas, Universal Studios, Mackinaw Island, Chicago, San Diego, British Virgin Islands, London, ABD Ireland, Germany, Aruba Mexico,France, Belgium, Spain

Food and Wine October 2014
allforpooh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2005, 10:16 AM   #33
mommytutu
I use my atm card for everything...
I'm just driving myself crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser
How far did you have to go to get copies made? are there copiers on the resort?

Thanks.
If you have recieved your park tickets already, then make the copies before you go. The public library, post office, and some grocery stores have copiers. If you are getting your tickets when you are there then guest services might be able to make copies for you.

2014: ????
Oct 2004: CSR

mommytutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 08:07 PM   #34
BamaTigger
ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP AND COUNTING!!!!

Change your socks once a day to prevent PARK FEET!

Use ziploc bags when you pack for your socks, underclothes, tshirts, etc.

Put a Snuggle or Downy dryer sheet in your suitcase to make clothes smell fresh!

Use old film containers (little black plastic thingys) for your pennies and quarters when you are a PRESSED PENNY hunter!

To take long deep breath when you enter the MK and just look at the castle and smile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
BamaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 10:23 PM   #35
Anastasia
Mouseketeer

The Unofficial Guide - It is my Bible! Although I would like to try a Passporter next time.

The Unofficial Guide's recommendations for CRT ressies. I had no problem getting ressies on either of our last two trips. Although it was very funny watching my husband and I watching atomictime.net, and dialing on our home phone line, his business line and both of our cell phones until we got through at exactly 7:00 A.M., and then silently high fiving each other when we got the reservations because our kids didn't know about the trip yet.

Eating breakfast in the room. Saves money and more importantly TIME!

Asking to ride in the front of the monorail. On our last trip we only got it once, but the trip before we did it a bunch of times. The kids love it.
Anastasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 09:07 PM   #36
barbaraann
Chicago Gal

Thumbs up

Lots of really good ideas. The people who frequent the DIS boards are very knowledgeable on how to save time and money on their trips. They are also very saavy on ways to make traveling around the world easier.
barbaraann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 02:04 PM   #37
kyra's mommy
Mouseketeer

We decided to rent a car instead of Mears

Hi Guys-

New to this board (which is so wonderful). I was wondering why no one else mentioned renting a car. We're going 4/23- 4/30 staying at the PO Riverside and we decided to rent a car this time. The car is only $100 for the entire 7 days which isn't that much more then Mears. I thought that it would make it easier to stop for groceries to stock in the now free fridge Disney gives you. Plus, it would make it alot quicker when we go to the other resorts for dinner ( I read in the Unofficial Guide that it can take up to 1 1/2 hours to travel from one resort to the other on Disney transp.) and should we decide to eat outside of Disney it would allow us to. Lastly, there are all the cheap offsite shopping sites for Disney souveniers. To me it just seemed worth it. Anyone else in agreement?

Erica
kyra's mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 03:41 PM   #38
kkana
Survivor

need more time than I have right now to read this thread, but don't want to lose it.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:39 PM   #39
Soupermom
DIS Veteran

We received our passes/tickets when we checked into the resort; I just asked the CM to make a copy of the ticket backs for me and she did it right away from her computer!
Old 03-29-2005, 07:42 PM   #40
Bluenoser
Mouseketeer

Thanks I was wondering how we would get copies.

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/jj0v9zccadjqwbxr.png[/img]

Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 04:04 AM   #41
MickeyMonstersMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyra's mommy
Hi Guys-

New to this board (which is so wonderful). I was wondering why no one else mentioned renting a car. We're going 4/23- 4/30 staying at the PO Riverside and we decided to rent a car this time. The car is only $100 for the entire 7 days which isn't that much more then Mears. I thought that it would make it easier to stop for groceries to stock in the now free fridge Disney gives you. Plus, it would make it alot quicker when we go to the other resorts for dinner ( I read in the Unofficial Guide that it can take up to 1 1/2 hours to travel from one resort to the other on Disney transp.) and should we decide to eat outside of Disney it would allow us to. Lastly, there are all the cheap offsite shopping sites for Disney souveniers. To me it just seemed worth it. Anyone else in agreement?

Erica
I've been there both with and without a car. Some people swear by it, but it's more a convenience than a necessity for me. We don't go offsite at all while down there, which is a big reason why we don't really need a car. Normally I enjoy riding WDW transportation and make it part of the experience, giving myself plenty of time and watch the scenery. However, it was nice to drive to Boatwright's for breakfast last time.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:21 PM   #42
4travelers
Earning My Ears

Following touringplans.com list of "best days" at the parks to plan when to vacation and which park to visit. It worked!

Bringing our own strollers. Even the resorts are huge at Disney, and it saved us carrying a sleeping 45lb. toddler through the resort each night.

Stopping at the babycare stations to change/rest/feed our infant. Cool, quiet, a small place to entertain the toddler while the infant got some extra TLC.
4travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 03:46 PM   #43
Melissa M
DIS Veteran

The Hall of Presidents is a great place to take a nap!
Melissa M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 01:02 AM   #44
ANTSS2001
Talented Poet
I have been addicted since I tasted them at the parks 3 years ago!
One less thing for me to think about
Hello peeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESCHULTZFIVE
Disney store.com or did you go to the Disney store?
They have at the Disney store, they have 2 kinds.. one that lights and one is just a fan...

ANTSS2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 10:32 PM   #45
mrsmiller
DIS Veteran

So many good tips!!!
But I have to say my favorites tips are:
-The goody bags for the children( I made one for each day of the trip and my kids looked foward to get their "disney bag" ; It saved
me also a lot of money because my children did not ask me to buy them "toys" at the parks.

-The polaroid picture every morning ( It came in handy when my older boy got lost, I panic and could not tell the castmember what my son was wearing until I remember the picture in my bag)

-The Unofficial Guide

-The mouse saver newsletter

-Hand Sanitizer

-The little boxes for Laundry Detergent

-Grocery stop to get snacks

Linnette

PS*****Brita Bottles******

Last edited by mrsmiller; 03-31-2005 at 11:15 PM.
mrsmiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: