Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 03:14 PM   #1891
KPaul
Mouseketeer

Before we went to WDW a few years ago, I considered lots of options on how to attach critical info to each of my kids (3 and 6) in case we got separated. I ended up with a very low cost and effective method. I brought a roll of masking tape. Each morning, I tore off a piece for each kid and wrote "IF I AM LOST, please call my mommy at xxxxxxx". I stuck one on the back of each kids shirt, up towards the collar. The masking tape stayed on all day with no problems.

I figured that in the unlikely event of one of them getting lost, this was all the info that would be needed to contact me.

Luckily, we never needed to test it.
KPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #1892
jameyh
Mouseketeer

saftey tats

When we went on our Disney Cruise/Disney World vacation a couple of years ago, I was so afraid of our son getting lost. I found these write on tattoos that worked perfectly!!

safetytats(.)com 6 pk is 9.99 and i'm pretty sure we only used 1-2 for our trip

jameyh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2013, 05:31 PM   #1893
ColoradoDis
DIS Veteran

Pretty sure I read this on this post, but here goes anyway. I'm taking two surge suppressor strips on our trip next month. With five adults, we'll all have a phone to charge, as well as a camera battery or two plus a laptop. The easy to find outlets will come in handy.
2004 - Poly/Contemporary and Animal Kingdom Lodge
2006 - Caribbean Beach Resort and 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter
May 2013 - Shades of Green

DH - Ron : Me - Sherry DD - Morgan DD - Miranda DSIL - Miles
ColoradoDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #1894
gracigirl
Earning My Ears

I've learned so much from this thread...THANK YOU to everyone who has posted tips!
gracigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #1895
Gleece
Earning My Ears

Put something easily identifiable on your stroller. We have used things like a brightly colored ribbon, or just left the airline gate check tag on ours. It doesn't matter how few strollers like yours you see at home, there will be other identical ones at Disney World. Having something recognizable will make it less likely for someone to walk off with your stroller or for you to walk off with theirs. (I've only strapped my daughter into the wrong stroller once...) Also, strollers move around the parking areas as Cast Members straighten them up or move strollers parked in the wrong place, so this can help you find your stroller more quickly if it has been moved.
Gleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:21 PM   #1896
ErinsAuntMimi
Earning My Ears

Bump

(DH) (Me) (DS 22)
ErinsAuntMimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:14 PM   #1897
2009CAN
Mouseketeer

So many great tips here!
2009CAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #1898
buttercup5282
Earning My Ears

I'm going to try the back of the car seat organizer for the stroller. Hopefully, this will allow us to easily grab needed items. There is one that has a detachable section that should be good for diapers and wipes.

Does anyone else have good tips for visiting WDW with small children?
buttercup5282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:12 PM   #1899
dayvewc
DIS Veteran

The one tip I haven't seen

After spending two weeks perusing the entire thread, the only tip I haven't seen is with as many people talking of shipping bottled water to their resort, if you are in a hotel/resort with a fridge/freezer put a couple of bottles of water in the freezer overnight. By morning it is just a chunk of ice, which will keep any snacks you carry in a cooler cold, and as it thaws out you'll have ice cold water for most of the day.

I have a small soft-side collapsible cooler that I carry with me, easily holds 3-4 bottles, a 6" sandwich, grapes, a couple of power-bars, and a collapsible water bottle. I put the frozen bottles on bottom, stack the rest on top, and throw the collapsible bottle on top (cold from the fridge). By the time I've finished the water in the collapsible, the frozen bottles have started to thaw, and the food is still fresh and cool for my snack/lunch. Combined with breakfast in my room, I only pay for 1 meal a day at the parks.

Don't know if it helps for anyone else, but it works for me to stay hydrated, and not quite as broke as I would be otherwise.
July '09 and New Years Eve '09 offsite . Spring Break '11 Orange Lake , August '12 WorldGate , July '13 Orange Lake , Halloween '13 Saratoga Springs , Spring Break '14 Orange Lake , July '14 Silver Lake

dayvewc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:06 PM   #1900
BlueStarryHat

Just picture everyone sitting at the computer in their underwear

We'd never taken a first aid kit on any of our trips other than band-aids (I know, what were we thinking?!). On our last rip, on a whim my sister made one up with tape, gauze, band-aids, moleskin, and Neosporin. I poo-pooed it as she packed it. You guessed it. On our first day I had a ginormous Blister Emergency, a huge on right on my instep. That kit saved my vacation!

The two tips I'm really glad I listened to would be:

1. Make sure to bring Tums or some such other stomach remedy. You get exposed to so much food and so much of a variety that you might not eat at home. Plus you go on rides right after.

2. As soon as I start planning a vacation to WDW, I start throwing all my loose change in an old coffee can. I started this time this past September when I started saving up for the trip, and now I have over a hundred dollars saved towards the spending money and it's only April for a December trip.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #1901
Miriade
Mouseketeer

that's the greatest tip of all

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWaitToGoAgain View Post
To Google Dis boards :-) Been hooked ever since.

yep, since months before my first WDW trip back in Sept 2010 I've got so hooked my DH jokes with me all the time I was 'mousebitten' for live...
I still read TR and PTR all the time. It usually helps me to deal with WDW withdrawl symptoms and also I pick up some bery good tips like those:
1. Bonamine for nausea and motion sickness. 1 tablet a day keeps the barfing away! even doing EE three times in a row!
2. ziplock bags for everything, small ones for snacks, cosmetics, hair accessories, medicine; bigger ones for dirty clothes ready for laundry onsite!
3. bring all your charges already plugged into a cord.
4. frozen water bottles to be refilled in the water fountains - ask for some ice to the CM at counter service, it's free and refreshing!

Miriade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:52 AM   #1902
Patricia1
Love everything Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymeme View Post
Not sure if this has been mentioned but the app Tripit is best thing ever for a trip. When u get confirmation email for resort, dining, flights, anything u just forward to your Tripit and every thing including confirmation numbers are there in one place listed by date and time. I have the app on my iPhone so I'm not sure what other phones it is available for. Hth
I'm installing right now, can't wait to play with it. Beats taking my folder with reservations, etc!

Patricia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #1903
DisneyMagic3
Earning My Ears

By far the ziplock bag tips were the best tip I listened to. They saved us multiple times. I didn't realize this but multiple eateries wouldn't give out take home containers. Something about "all you can eat but you can't take it with you" which just so doesn't jive with our eating habits. We had a couple CM's help us smuggle DDs left overs out in drink cups lol but having our own ziplock bags was perfect. Plus they were nice to have to keep important things dry on the off chance you were rained on or something leaked.
DisneyMagic3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:57 AM   #1904
jenn-n-okla
Jenn-in-Okla

disney tips

zip lock bags, over the door shoe rack, and Tour Guide Mike
1984 OS(1st visit);1986 OS;1988 Sports;1990Sports; 1991 Sports; 1994Music;1997Sports(took infant);2000Sports;2002Sports(took infant);2004Sports;2007 PC(took child with Portable O2);2008 Poly (took child with Portable O2); 2010 Poly (9 family members went one on oxygen ) 2013 Poly (5 family members again one on oxygen)
jenn-n-okla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:42 AM   #1905
IndyBeth
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracydeech View Post
What is PS for dining? It hard reading in code. Thanks!
It used to be called PS (Priority Seating) but now it is referred to as ADR's (Advance Dining Reservations.)
IndyBeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: