Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 10:08 PM   #1711
ricosuave
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbarry

Are you writing about "Purex Complete 3 in 1"?
They stopped manufacturing this product. Apparently they would sometimes leave a greasy stain on some fabric.
I saw them advertised by a chain discount store a few weeks ago, but I don't remember the name of the store.
If anyone uses these, all you do is rip off the very end ( where the fabric softener portion is). I love them for disney trips! And if you end up with the grease marks just rub blue Dawn dish soap on the area and wash normally. Dawn works great for removing those grease/ water marks stains.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:24 PM   #1712
Jamieann77
Earning My Ears

I'm sure these have already been mentioned at some point, but here are a few of my favorite tips:

1. Try to go during the off-season if you can. We went last Feb and now we're going again in a few days. Our school district always has a Mon-Wed break in early February, and this is when a lot of people here take the types of vacations that most would take at spring break! The biggest advantage is the lack of crowds. But also the hotels are priced lower than ever. I didn't even plan this years trip until a few days ago. I was looking for ideas for some kind of little getaway, but decided to make it a bigger getaway on a budget! Free air miles and a cheap hotel make it hard to resist.

2. Order a case (or several) of bottled water from Costco (or perhaps Amazon) in advance and have it shipped to your hotel or resort. Most don't mind. Some charge a handling fee apparently. But totally worth it for an $8 case of water! On the shipping address include "guest:" with your name and arrival date.

3. If you fly SWA or other airlines that allow free baggage, load one up with snack foods to have at the hotel and to carry into the park in your backpack.

4. When entering the park, always go to the gates on the left end and you'll get in faster. People naturally head to the right.

I loved the idea about having stickers on hand for your kiddos to hand out to other children that are upset. What a lifesaver!!
Jamieann77 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 11:49 PM   #1713
FortWorthLeonardFam
Earning My Ears

Two weeks later... wow long thread...

I have read all of these tips starting back in what was it 2005? or 2007?, what a time warp with some great tips. Polaroids and film are practically extinct now! If your kids are totally wore out take them back to the hotel for a nap. I know I push mine hard, but they enjoy a mid day break at the pool or room to nap or just watch a movie.

Love the pressed penny ideas, and giving them a gift card or better yet an envelope with cash so they can see it dwindle!

Still debating renting car since we are splitting time between BLT and BWV. Not sure it would be worth it or not.

Also not sure about which Dining Plan to do if any. We have made 4 ADR's, one at TCP for breakfast, one at Raglan Road for Dinner, one at Tappan Edo for dinner, and one at La Hacienda de San Angel for Dinner for Spring Break. We are new DVC members and using our points for the first time and will be using our PAP's for the first time, so we can do TIW for $100 and save 20% at 100 places, use a Prem Dining Plan for the others? Thinking one of the plans will pay for itself in no time while we are there.
FortWorthLeonardFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:42 AM   #1714
Gracefulskinny
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora5 View Post
I've used Ginger Root a few times for upset stomachs and on long road trips because I get car sick. I love the stuff.
Just be careful with using Ginger or even peppermint. Its great as a very temporary thing but if used too much or if you have other stomach issues the ginger can cause acid issues and make things worse not better!

Nobody warned me and I had to find out the hard way. (Nearly permanent damage!)

It's good as back up. Just don't use it as your regular treatment.
Gracefulskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:59 PM   #1715
elittleton
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbarry View Post
Are you writing about "Purex Complete 3 in 1"?
They stopped manufacturing this product. Apparently they would sometimes leave a greasy stain on some fabric.
I saw them advertised by a chain discount store a few weeks ago, but I don't remember the name of the store.
No, they were for dishes. One of the leading dish detergents manufactured them. I was responded to the post about someone using them instead of the dish soup on a sponge.
elittleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:08 PM   #1716
sayuracodfish
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElinor View Post
Bring half the stuff and twice the money.

Best tip yet!
Old 02-01-2013, 06:46 PM   #1717
OceanAnnie
I guess I have a thing against maroon food
If they are well behaved I'm okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by elittleton View Post
I've used these before but have not been able to find them in over a year. Do you know where they are still selling them?
Sorry, I just saw your post.

I haven't had to buy them since our last trip. I took it for granted they were still easy to find now! It's hard to remember where I got them. I think it was either at Target or the grocery store. Maybe the dollar tree?

That would stink if they stopped making them! Such a great product.

I'll look for them when I'm out and about. If I find them, I'll let you know.

"We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are." -- Anais Nin

"Some lived careful lives and some lived careless lives, and everything that happened could be explained by the differences between them." -- Anne Tyler

"When you are a hammer, everything is a nail." --- Unknown

OceanAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #1718
wwitt
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by elittleton

I've used these before but have not been able to find them in over a year. Do you know where they are still selling them?
I think they were made by Dawn & they were wonderful! Haven't been able to find them for a few years now, but loved them during holidays as well for quick clean up on dishes that must be hand washed.
wwitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:56 AM   #1719
lucifie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwitt View Post
I think they were made by Dawn & they were wonderful! Haven't been able to find them for a few years now, but loved them during holidays as well for quick clean up on dishes that must be hand washed.
I haven't seen them in quite a while, either. I read another tip on here to cut a sponge in pieces and put dish soap on them and let them dry. When we went, I happened to have a small bottle of dish soap, so I just put that in a ziploc with a sponge. I was glad I took it.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #1720
MagicalMerida
Mouseketeer

Get to the park before opening!
MagicalMerida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #1721
lnhstl
Earning My Ears

Learned from another thread: bring self-adhesive address labels with you and label your photopass cards. That way, they won't get mixed up with other guest's cards, and if you happen to lose it, it will (hopefully) get back to you.

DH - WDW 1986 - offsite
Me - WDW 1987 - offsite
DHMeTwin DD's - WDW - May 2013 - Poly
lnhstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:00 AM   #1722
Holeshot1982
Mouseketeer

Tying a scarf or some piece of colored cloth around the stroller handle... Even though our rental had a tag on the back with our name on it, the scarf was a lot easier to find!!! And with the thousands of strollers after Fantasmic (sp), that made it so much easier to just walk up and grab ours.
Holeshot1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:16 AM   #1723
Gracefulskinny
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifie View Post
I haven't seen them in quite a while, either. I read another tip on here to cut a sponge in pieces and put dish soap on them and let them dry. When we went, I happened to have a small bottle of dish soap, so I just put that in a ziploc with a sponge. I was glad I took it.
Why is it needed? I thought I read that there are mug wash stations at the soda area for the refillable mugs.
Gracefulskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:19 AM   #1724
BiancaBernard&Penny
Returning to "Earning My Ears" after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnhstl
Learned from another thread: bring self-adhesive address labels with you and label your photopass cards. That way, they won't get mixed up with other guest's cards, and if you happen to lose it, it will (hopefully) get back to you.
I jot down the numbers on the cards so I can still claim them if lost. I never thought of the possibility of another guest using them, though!

CBR- Sept 1997
CBR- Sept 17-24, 2001
CSR- May 13-20, 2008 ptr- http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2166836

Debating on a trip this year with 4 year old "Penny" and a 12 year old, too!
BiancaBernard&Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:02 AM   #1725
Disneymama01
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracefulskinny

Why is it needed? I thought I read that there are mug wash stations at the soda area for the refillable mugs.
Its a sink not really a washing station theres no soap. They should just call it a rinsing station
Disneymama01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: