Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 08:53 AM   #1696
Nana2Callie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdwyer View Post
Great idea!!!
Really love this and will certainly add stickers to our list.
Nana2Callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #1697
MommaBerd
Mouseketeer

This thread was invaluable to me two years ago, and I've learned some new tips that have been posted since then, now that I'm planning our next trip!

LOVED the pressed pennies ideas of matting them or using them to decorate a frame!! And, I'm definitely going to buy extra stickers for my boys to hand out.

I saw someone (on this thread?) posting about the chaffing issues. We found that diaper cream helps prevent it (makes sense, right?).

Happy planning everyone!
(16) (10) (8) (6)
MommaBerd is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #1698
caselaw3
DIS Veteran

What r the stickers for? And is there a Dollar Tree list somwhere? I keep seeing posts about it
Old 01-24-2013, 09:31 PM   #1699
caselaw3
DIS Veteran

Love the sticker idea! Great job....
Is there a Dollar Tree list posted somewhere? I keep reading posts about it but cant find anything
Old 01-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #1700
I Am Flynn Rider
Earning My Ears

From Honeymoon to Anniversaries

I went to WDW for the first time on my honeymoon two years ago. I asked DW where she would like to go if she could pick anywhere in the world, and she looked slightly shy, but she said, "I love WDW. It's the most magical place on earth." Who could resist?

I'm so glad I bought and read the Unofficial Guide cover to cover! It helped me understand the world better, have viable information to plan parks and dining even though I didn't have any experience at all. We had an AMAZING honeymoon!

If you get a button, WEAR IT!!! I'm a normal guy and wasn't too thrilled about wearing my button even though my gorgeous bride was so excited about them... Until after the first day. Then, we never went anywhere without wearing our "I'm on my Honeymoon" buttons. Guys, it's worth it, and your bride will smile all day long at the congratulations she hears (and we experienced quite a bit of "extra magic" to boot!).

Go to Ohana! Eat breakfast at Chef Mickeys! Try new food and share it(even if you don't like it, you can laugh about it for years!) Eat a Dole Whip! And make ADR's for SURE!!! (Don't give up if you don't get what you want right away... keep checking)

I'm glad we used the dining plan. We are going again for our 2-year anniversary this year, and we are doing the plan again. It's prepaid, so we don't bother looking at prices. It made it more magical for us to be able to eat whatever sounded good on the menu.

Don't forget that you are on vacation. People are people. Smile at them. Treat them nicely, especially the CM's. Stop and smell the roses, look for hidden mickeys, enjoy a parade even if you're not a parade person (you just might change your mind!), and don't stress over what does and doesn't happen! Take a nap if you need it, and take every opportunity to appreciate the magic around you. The smells, the sights, the feel of WDW are like nowhere else. Don't miss it!

Thanks for all the tips! I'm new to the DIS, but a fan for life!
I Am Flynn Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #1701
Robindianne
DIS Veteran

Best advice ever! Plus, your tips are magical tips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Flynn Rider View Post
I went to WDW for the first time on my honeymoon two years ago. I asked DW where she would like to go if she could pick anywhere in the world, and she looked slightly shy, but she said, "I love WDW. It's the most magical place on earth." Who could resist?

I'm so glad I bought and read the Unofficial Guide cover to cover! It helped me understand the world better, have viable information to plan parks and dining even though I didn't have any experience at all. We had an AMAZING honeymoon!

If you get a button, WEAR IT!!! I'm a normal guy and wasn't too thrilled about wearing my button even though my gorgeous bride was so excited about them... Until after the first day. Then, we never went anywhere without wearing our "I'm on my Honeymoon" buttons. Guys, it's worth it, and your bride will smile all day long at the congratulations she hears (and we experienced quite a bit of "extra magic" to boot!).

Go to Ohana! Eat breakfast at Chef Mickeys! Try new food and share it(even if you don't like it, you can laugh about it for years!) Eat a Dole Whip! And make ADR's for SURE!!! (Don't give up if you don't get what you want right away... keep checking)

I'm glad we used the dining plan. We are going again for our 2-year anniversary this year, and we are doing the plan again. It's prepaid, so we don't bother looking at prices. It made it more magical for us to be able to eat whatever sounded good on the menu.

Don't forget that you are on vacation. People are people. Smile at them. Treat them nicely, especially the CM's. Stop and smell the roses, look for hidden mickeys, enjoy a parade even if you're not a parade person (you just might change your mind!), and don't stress over what does and doesn't happen! Take a nap if you need it, and take every opportunity to appreciate the magic around you. The smells, the sights, the feel of WDW are like nowhere else. Don't miss it!

Robindianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:16 AM   #1702
GirlOutlaw
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrants

My son won't tolerate this or a safety tattoo. We have a dog tag we can put on a belt loop, but if he is wearing shorts with no loop - I will sharpie my number on his back.
You could try looping the dog tag through the laces of his shoes maybe
Old 01-26-2013, 03:03 PM   #1703
WriterMommy
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=Bonniec;42476633

5. Be nice to strangers. Say please and thank you, give them an unused fast pass, smile, let a family go first, etc.......people tend to be very rude in the parks, especially around parade times. I try to go out of my way to be polite and do at least one random nice thing for someone. It makes me feel better knowing that they'll leave knowing some people are just nice.

[/QUOTE]

I love this tip!!! I hope you're in the park when my family's there. Bless you!
WriterMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:45 AM   #1704
goofygurlie
Wag and the world wags with you...Howl and they put you outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Flynn Rider

Awesome!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 01-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #1705
Gracefulskinny
DIS Veteran

There is one thing I have yet to read anywhere in all of the searching for tips and tricks that I plan to try on my (hopefully soon to be) next trip.

I have heard from a few people that have gone on cruses who before their trip have their doctor proscribe them an anti-nausea patch or other Rxn medication. Taking it from the get go before there is even a hint of an issue of motion sickness tends to keep it from ever occuring and (hypothetically) gives you more freedom to enjoy the rides in the park.

Any other tips or tricks for dealing with Motion Sickness at WDW?
Gracefulskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:49 PM   #1706
elittleton
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanAnnie View Post
Just thought I'd pass along, there is a product that is already pre-made like that. It's squares of thin sponge/fiber with detergent embedded in it. It comes in a container and isn't expensive. I think it was probably 50 sheets in it. I still haven't used them all. I just throw them in a zip lock for trips. They really do come in handy. All you do is add water. I'm pretty sure it's made by Palmolive.
I've used these before but have not been able to find them in over a year. Do you know where they are still selling them?
elittleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #1707
carlbarry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elittleton View Post
I've used these before but have not been able to find them in over a year. Do you know where they are still selling them?
Are you writing about "Purex Complete 3 in 1"?
They stopped manufacturing this product. Apparently they would sometimes leave a greasy stain on some fabric.
I saw them advertised by a chain discount store a few weeks ago, but I don't remember the name of the store.

carlbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:21 AM   #1708
Pandora5
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracefulskinny View Post
There is one thing I have yet to read anywhere in all of the searching for tips and tricks that I plan to try on my (hopefully soon to be) next trip.

I have heard from a few people that have gone on cruses who before their trip have their doctor proscribe them an anti-nausea patch or other Rxn medication. Taking it from the get go before there is even a hint of an issue of motion sickness tends to keep it from ever occuring and (hypothetically) gives you more freedom to enjoy the rides in the park.

Any other tips or tricks for dealing with Motion Sickness at WDW?
We just got back from spending Christmas at Universal Studios. The majority of our group decided to take the "non-drowsy" dramamine. By midday, everyone was in fact drowsy and ready to go home. =( Dfi decided to tough it out because I wasn't ready to leave - I didn't take the Dramamine - and we stayed until park close. On our way back to the resort we stopped and picked up some Ginger Root. The next day he decided to forego the Dramamine and see how things went. After Jurassic Park and Harry Potter he was beginning to feel a bit queasy so I gave him 1 little Ginger pill and some Sprite. He was good to go for the rest of the day.

I've used Ginger Root a few times for upset stomachs and on long road trips because I get car sick. I love the stuff.

We did have to try 3 or 4 stores, Walgreens, CVS, etc, and finally found it at Wal-mart. Def. worth a try or at least as a backup.
Pandora5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:26 AM   #1709
homeschoolmomof4
Keep moving forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbarry View Post
Are you writing about "Purex Complete 3 in 1"?
They stopped manufacturing this product. Apparently they would sometimes leave a greasy stain on some fabric.
I saw them advertised by a chain discount store a few weeks ago, but I don't remember the name of the store.
They absolutely left greasy stains on our clothes. Blech! I've seen detergents in pods now that we're going to try on our next trip.

Pop Century January 2015 Pop Century December 2013 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century December 2011 Pop Century December 2010 Contemporary March 2010-Parents only trip!! Pop Century December 2009 Pop Century January 2009 Wilderness Lodge January 2008 Wilderness Lodge February 2007 Contemporary February 2005

homeschoolmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:02 PM   #1710
eeyorej79
Earning My Ears

Thank you everyone who has contributed tips. I spent almost a week reading through these tips when I had time. I learned some great ones! I haven't been to Disney since 2006 taking my DH and DMIL in May for their first trip. This is the first trip I've had to plan this board made things easier. I got some great ideas!

eeyorej79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: