Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2007, 03:35 PM   #136
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

JC wheres the Publix within walking distance?
DisneyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:26 PM   #137
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

where do you find Bodyglide? My DS9 always gets rashes between his legs so that might be helpful to have along,.
Mkrop is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2007, 05:31 PM   #138
kty1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkrop View Post
where do you find Bodyglide? My DS9 always gets rashes between his legs so that might be helpful to have along,.
Monistat chafing gel works really well for that. They sell it al Walmart/Target. & most drug stores. It goes on like a gel & dries like powder.Also if you use a face primer under your foundation(to fill in small lines & make your face real smooth) --it works as well as the $40 bottle of face primer.HTH
kty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:28 PM   #139
mommyseven
I loved just floating on the lazy river
I Love Rats! ~ Don't ask, long story

Once at WDW, I started getting chaffing on my thighs. I didn't have bodyglide or anything with me, so I used my regular stick deodorant/antiperspirant (mine is Lady Speed Stick brand). It was clear and worked perfectly. I didn't have any more chaffing and didn't have to buy anything special.

Nammy to Two:

Most recent stay was: WL CL end of April 07 - our 24th WDW visit.
mommyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:39 PM   #140
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyseven View Post
Once at WDW, I started getting chaffing on my thighs. I didn't have bodyglide or anything with me, so I used my regular stick deodorant/antiperspirant (mine is Lady Speed Stick brand). It was clear and worked perfectly. I didn't have any more chaffing and didn't have to buy anything special.
this is one I agree with! I used my regular deoderant as I couldn't find bodyglide anywhere around here and it worked fantastically! Also, ladies, I put it on my back under all the strappy bits of the bra, on feet, legs and on my shoulder where my bag sits! Also with deoderant, watch the fragrance so as not to attract bugs!

dining: book character meals at early sittings to get more time one-on-one. We had several rounds with each character at the first dinner seating at Chef Mickey's as we were some of the only people there! Do not go to a buffet at the late seating as there isn't usually much selection or quantity left!

my biggest was to watch the amount of clothing I brought. I was not practical at all about half of what I brought (white capris don't work well in the rain now do they?! DUH stace!) and didn't wind up wearing half of it anyways! My thing is I need to remember I need to dress comfortably for the long-haul and the weather, not to make a fashion statement!

Also, finally - remember to have a sense of humour! You're on vacation, don't worry about things that aren't important. Shrug off the rude people and the crowded busses - just think: KARMA!
Old 03-14-2007, 08:58 PM   #141
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

I forgot something huge! If you are coming to florida from a cooler climate (i.e. - me up here in Canada!), the humidity and climate change may play tricks on your sinuses. Both DBFF and I got head colds while there and though I managed to grab sudafed in the gift shop, when she went for more, they were sold out and she had to pay double to have it brought in! This year we will both bring along more than enough!

Also, band-aids!! I carried a little homemade first-aid kit (in a Aurora pencil case, fun band-aids, polysporin, asprin, moleskin, peptobismal) I gave band-aids to so many kids who happened to trip or something and then were distressed when mum or dad didn't have a band aid for their boo-boo!
Old 03-15-2007, 02:03 AM   #142
AlyssinWonderland
Lost in the Looking Glass

This is a wonderful tip thread! Thanks to all who have contributed!!!
Old 03-15-2007, 08:08 AM   #143
Missish
Mouseketeer

The best tip for us, on our first trip to WDW, was definitely that if a ride has 2 lines, the left one will usually be shorter. We've walked straight on to several rides that have had a large queue using that knowledge!

Also, we love going back to our (rented) villa in the mid afternoon, to have a break and a few hours of relaxing by the pool before going back to a theme park for the evening parade/show. It saves us from getting overtired or too exhausted.

Missish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:16 AM   #144
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

A question about the rain ponchos people keep recommending to bring:

Do you recommend the long poncho type or are the rain jackets enough?. We have the ones that fold up into little packets.

Thank you to all that have given such great tips. This is priceless!
Mkrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:54 AM   #145
Tinkfan52
Earning My Ears

Rain Poncho Tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkrop View Post
A question about the rain ponchos people keep recommending to bring:

Do you recommend the long poncho type or are the rain jackets enough?. We have the ones that fold up into little packets.

Thank you to all that have given such great tips. This is priceless!
I recommend the longer ones (ponch type with hood) because they keep your drier when walking and on the wet rides! You can find them in packages of two at the dollar store! They are disposable and I usually get at least two wearings out of them!! Have fun!

Tinkfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:09 AM   #146
dina7
I'd Rather Be In Disney World

One thing I bring with me every trip are the Dawn Dish Wipes to wash out my refillable mug every night. These are the flat dry wipes that get full of suds when you wet them. Just bring one for each nt. of your stay & your mug will stay nice & clean!
Old 03-17-2007, 12:58 PM   #147
Martha7
DIS Veteran

My favorite tip gleaned from these boards was to bring a power strip along. You plug it into the wall, and use it to charge your cell phones, iPods, etc. every night. There are never enough available wall sockets in the rooms!
Martha7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 05:01 PM   #148
duffy
The Tag Fairy did not give me this tag...I wrote it myself.

I haven't seen my favorite tip for my favorite park, Epcot.

When going around the World Showcase, go counterclockwise. That way, you start with Canada and end with Mexico. If you end up at Canada, your feet will be so tired by then that you won't be able to enjoy standing for the movie.

In general, zig instead of zagging. If a big crowd comes out of a ride or show that just ended and they all stampede over to the next ride or show, go the opposite way.
duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 10:12 PM   #149
abeyst
DIS Veteran

Deodorant for chafing didn't work well for me. I'll be buying the Bodyglide for the next trip.

Summer trips: Bring a hat and umbrella to keep the sun off your face & head, and a towel/washcloth in a ziploc bag to wet with cold water and wipe off sweat. It's a lifesaver!

MY TOP TIP, the 1 thing I NEVER forget to bring with me to WDW: Immodium Advanced!! We have needed it EVERY TRIP since 2000. The Advance is better than A-D, you stay much more comfortable through the day (Advance cuts the gassy, bloated feeling). OK, was that too much info?

1980 Offsite ~ 1988 Offsite ~ 2000 February Carribean Beach ~ 2001 September Old Key West ~ 2003 February Beach Club Villas ~ 2003 October Beach Club Villas ~ 2005 January Old Key West ~ 2006 January Old Key West ~ 2006 August All Star Sports ~ 2007 December Beach Club Villas ~ 2008 July Saratoga Springs ~ 2009 January Disneyland Resort ~ 2009 July Animal Kingdom Villas
abeyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 12:07 PM   #150
Martha7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeyst View Post
Deodorant for chafing didn't work well for me. I'll be buying the Bodyglide for the next trip.

Summer trips: Bring a hat and umbrella to keep the sun off your face & head, and a towel/washcloth in a ziploc bag to wet with cold water and wipe off sweat. It's a lifesaver!

MY TOP TIP, the 1 thing I NEVER forget to bring with me to WDW: Immodium Advanced!! We have needed it EVERY TRIP since 2000. The Advance is better than A-D, you stay much more comfortable through the day (Advance cuts the gassy, bloated feeling). OK, was that too much info?
Nope, I always appreciate any pharmaceutical tips from Disers!
Martha7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: