Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2014, 04:00 PM   #1
granismith
Mouseketeer

What about makeup?

Hey ladies, I have been to WDW 3 times and leaving for our next trip in August. With a combination of my face sweating and the downpours my makeup always ends up on the front of my shirt.
I suppose I could go without but was wondering if anyone else has this issue and what do you do? Any thoughts or tips? thanks
Old 07-30-2014, 06:02 PM   #2
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Me personally I stick to tinted moisturizer and that's it.

However there are a number of good setting sprays available.

I've used the Urban Decay All Nighter and it stays pretty well.

Here's an article listing the top choices from Marie Clare.

http://www.marieclaire.com/fashion/s...setting-sprays

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2014, 10:08 PM   #3
Dizfan4life
DIS Veteran

Our August trip is coming fast and I am in the same boat as you so I researched the make up situation a little more. I wear Clinique make up and they sell a primer that gets applied before you put your foundation on and I am going to go back to the store to buy the Clinique eye primer to keep the eye shadow on better. Once all of my make up is on I will be using Urban Decay setting spray. If you have an Ulta store near you they have a 1oz travel size setting spray for $14. I hope all of my researching will pay off in a couple of weeks! Have fun on your trip!!!
Old 07-30-2014, 11:54 PM   #4
thumper*
Disney Dreamer

I love the Urban Decay Eye primer. I work 12 hour shifts and it works great. I have also found the better quality makeup I use the better it stays on.

Sept 2010 AKL Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2562391
Epcot 1991 for honeymoon.....off site
M.K. & Epcot 1985 1'st visit....off site
My Ebay store for Disney stuff..................magsco5 Harley...Smoke...Churchill R.I.P...Winston R.I.P.
thumper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:58 PM   #5
Marlyn
Earning My Ears

I'm heading to wdw on Saturday. I've decided to stick to tinted moisturizer and forget all other makeup.

It makes no sense to wear makeup when vacationing on the surface of the sun (which is exactly what Florida in August feels like) I don't want to look like my face is melting off....
Marlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:49 AM   #6
granismith
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the tips. I think I'll try the setting spray and if that don't work I will just do tinted moisturizer.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:23 PM   #7
nkereina
Wendy Darling

How about a transluscent powder? I think a loose, transluscent powder works best for oil absorption. You could even add a skin tone perfector underneath for any discolorations you're trying to hide - my favorite is Spotlight by Estee Lauder but I know Sephora brand and Smashbox have good ones too.

In "every day" life, I wear MAC Studio Fix applied with a kabuki brush. With this brush, it goes on lightly and blends well, but still providing the good coverage that Studio Fix does. It's a pressed powder, so it's less likely to run off than a liquid foundation would.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:58 PM   #8
quakechicago
ADR-making addict!

Okay, I'm a makeup diva. I confess. But while I realize no one cares but me, (my husband prefers nothing crazy guy!), I know I'm going to take a billion pics and want to at least feel my best.

And my last trip I had parathyroid surgery the morning of our first day (in Tampa) so I was literally bruised from my chin to my bra the rest of the trip. Nice. Not so pretty lol

I'm also super pale so I used a primer, sunscreen, tinted sunscreen/moisturizer, a little powder, and then I use one of those long-lasting lip and cheek tints and added a finish of waterproof mascara and liner. It's kinda a heavy sunscreen version of my "five minute face" when I've been home all day and DH says let's go to dinner when he walks in the door from work and I'm NOT dressed. Then I only needed to carry a small powder and a lipgloss for touchups.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:04 AM   #9
texasroni75
Mouseketeer

Like previous posters, I use tinted moisturizer, one that has at least SPF 15. My last trip I used Almay Smart Shade and it worked really well, and cost me less than $10.

Also, waterproof mascara, and some park days, I add liquid eyeliner (pencil liner always runs and/or smudges off in humidity).

DD(19) - DD(13) - DS(10) - DS(2)

Booked at All-Star Music - September 2014!!!

All-Star Movies - Jan 1999, Coronado Springs - Feb 2001, All-Star Sports - March 2002, Port Orleans Riverside - March 2005, Port Orleans Riverside - March 2009, Port Orleans Riverside - December 2009, All-Star Movies - September 2013
texasroni75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:34 AM   #10
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Hi, so excited for you to be in Disney soon!

When we went in August, I used just tinted moisturizer like said in a previous post. If I felt like wearing a little more at night, I'd put on some Bare Minerals powder cover up. Everything basically sweated off regardless, but I felt these worked a little bit longer than most makeups!

ME (28) DF (29)
cbeeindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:29 AM   #11
wdwpirates
Don't lose ya soul cuz it's all ya got. - DH

I'm going to be honest here. I've never found a makeup that will stay on for more than a couple hours while at WDW. I have super oily eyelids and because of meds that I am on I sweat like crazy, especially on my face and forehead. It's horrible, it's so embarrassing. So as of right now I wear a moisturizer (Neutrogena) and lip gloss....maybe some light eyeshadow although it will eventually end up in the creases..blegh!

I use higher end brands such as Mally, Smashbox, and ItCosmetics....to no avail. Does anyone else have this problem?

Also, since my eyelids are so oily I can't find a mascara that will stay put for very long. I've tried a million water-proof formulas and haven't found one yet. I think someone needs to come up with an oil proof formula!!

wdwpirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:53 PM   #12
mgsquared
A big kid at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwpirates View Post
I'm going to be honest here. I've never found a makeup that will stay on for more than a couple hours while at WDW. I have super oily eyelids and because of meds that I am on I sweat like crazy, especially on my face and forehead. It's horrible, it's so embarrassing. So as of right now I wear a moisturizer (Neutrogena) and lip gloss....maybe some light eyeshadow although it will eventually end up in the creases..blegh! I use higher end brands such as Mally, Smashbox, and ItCosmetics....to no avail. Does anyone else have this problem? Also, since my eyelids are so oily I can't find a mascara that will stay put for very long. I've tried a million water-proof formulas and haven't found one yet. I think someone needs to come up with an oil proof formula!!
Ugh. I feel you. I have super oily skin an finding foundation/bb cream/ tinted moisturizer that stays is my life mission right now. It drives me nuts. The urban decay eyeshadow potion primer is miracle working. Seriously. That really makes eyeshadow stay all day on my oily eyelids.

The rest.... Well... I am open to any and all suggestions!
Old 08-02-2014, 09:23 AM   #13
NjMamaMouse
Earning My Ears

Try Mally products. They are at QVC
NjMamaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:19 AM   #14
natfrac
Mouseketeer

The last time I went during August/Sept, I used my usual makeup (Clinique) but switched to waterproof mascara. I tend to have an oily t-zone, so I carried oil blotting papers with me and also cotton swabs with makeup remover (Bare Minerals). The makeup remover cotton swabs are awesome--great for touching up eye makeup smears.
natfrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:19 PM   #15
Luv Bunnies
DIS Veteran

On hot trips, I stick with under eye concealer and waterproof mascara only. The rest would be sweat off in no time.
Luv Bunnies is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: