Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2014, 10:07 PM   #1
StarDreamer
Mouseketeer

Fill Your Own/Build Your Own

I have an obsession with anything that you can fill your own box with.

The last time I was in DTD in 2003, I was so excited to fill my own box with Potato Head pieces. We are now returning to Disney, it will be my girls' first trip and I cannot wait for them to pick their own pieces.

What are some of the other things that are fill your own box? I don't want to miss any of them.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:31 PM   #2
DaughteroftheKing
Mouseketeer

The Lego store has two different size tubs you can fill with legos. Other than that and the potato head, I don't know of anything else. There is the build-your-own light saber.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2014, 04:09 PM   #3
StarDreamer
Mouseketeer

Thanks!

I read something about My Little Pony, but I don't think they do that anymore.

I also read about a jewelry box and treasure chest. Anyone know if they still do those?
Old 08-10-2014, 05:34 AM   #4
TigerandBear
Samira and James

I think there is build your own droid

TigerandBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:02 AM   #5
gules
Crazy for my hero

The treasure chest sounds really familiar. I want to say the last time I saw that (which would be two years ago) was either in DTD (the BIG store) or at the end of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. I'm leaning toward the latter.

Not sure about the jewelry box one.

Have you tried calling Disney? Someone might really have a list, lol. Who knows?

I'm also going for a weekend trip for Villains Unleashed and can take a peek around if you want. I probably won't make it out to DTD, but I usually make rounds of the bigger stores in pursuit of charms for my bracelet. It'll be a while before I can report back, though!
gules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:14 AM   #6
StarDreamer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerandBear View Post
I think there is build your own droid
Oh thanks! That will go on my must find list.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:19 AM   #7
StarDreamer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gules View Post
The treasure chest sounds really familiar. I want to say the last time I saw that (which would be two years ago) was either in DTD (the BIG store) or at the end of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. I'm leaning toward the latter.

Not sure about the jewelry box one.

Have you tried calling Disney? Someone might really have a list, lol. Who knows?

I'm also going for a weekend trip for Villains Unleashed and can take a peek around if you want. I probably won't make it out to DTD, but I usually make rounds of the bigger stores in pursuit of charms for my bracelet. It'll be a while before I can report back, though!

Great, thanks! I'll keep an eye out at those places.

I should call, I didn't know they would know about the merchandise in the stores.

Don't go out of your way to look, but if you come across something, it would be great to know where. Thanks so much!
Old 08-12-2014, 03:39 PM   #8
gules
Crazy for my hero

Whoop! Update! I was poking around out of curiosity and found this: http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/...bb/default.asp

Look at the FAQ near the bottom and it seems to suggest that DTD has an area for building pirate hats, treasure chests, tiaras (I don't know why it's spelled the other way), magic wands, and jewelry boxes. So I may revise my upcoming plans and try to slip out to DTD and check up on this. You know... Make sure it's still there... purely for unselfish reasons... (I'm going to be honest here: I want to make a wand.) At least that's what I'll be telling my husband while he rolls his eyes at all the pink!
Old 08-12-2014, 06:27 PM   #9
DaughteroftheKing
Mouseketeer

Thank you for an update, off to go look!
Old 08-12-2014, 07:43 PM   #10
StarDreamer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gules View Post
Whoop! Update! I was poking around out of curiosity and found this: http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/...bb/default.asp Look at the FAQ near the bottom and it seems to suggest that DTD has an area for building pirate hats, treasure chests, tiaras (I don't know why it's spelled the other way), magic wands, and jewelry boxes. So I may revise my upcoming plans and try to slip out to DTD and check up on this. You know... Make sure it's still there... purely for unselfish reasons... (I'm going to be honest here: I want to make a wand.) At least that's what I'll be telling my husband while he rolls his eyes at all the pink!
You are awesome! Thanks so much for updating. Can't wait to hear what you find and possibly see a picture of your wand, if you plan on going. :-D
Old 08-12-2014, 08:00 PM   #11
lizard1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarDreamer View Post
You can do the droid and light saber in the shop that Star Tours exits into (in DHS). I also believe you can do it in World of Toys in DTD.
lizard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:07 PM   #12
StarDreamer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard1 View Post
You can do the droid and light saber in the shop that Star Tours exits into (in DHS). I also believe you can do it in World of Toys in DTD.
That would be great to do it in DHS. That way I can spread out the purchases and not do them in the same day.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:43 PM   #13
fabfemmeboy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarDreamer View Post
And my favourite: build your own lightsaber (at DTD and maybe also at Star Tours.)

Me DP/DH

1987 FW ~ 1991 FW ~ 1994 FW ~ 1999 Universal ~ 2010 ASMu ~ 2013 ASMu/WWHP ~ 2014 POP ~ 2014 POP/WWHP

fabfemmeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:58 PM   #14
StarDreamer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabfemmeboy View Post
And my favourite: build your own lightsaber (at DTD and maybe also at Star Tours.)
I'm excited to see this.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:38 PM   #15
gules
Crazy for my hero

Didn't get a chance to go to DTD-- we were only there a couple days and it kind of got put off. However, I'm really confident that the info I gave earlier is likely to be good. And I'm also confident that calling Disney Merchandising will help you. A CM gave me their number while in the park because I was looking for something, and she seemed extremely confident that they could track down whatever I was looking for. They're only open Mon-Fri over regular business hours, though, so make sure to call then.

I DID manage to make it to Star Tours. I ended up with a weird nightmare about what "build a droid" would be like. So I had to go look. They had a special when I went for buy 3 for the price of 2. They also had build your own lightsaber there. My friend (who goes a LOT every year) is confident that there is a build your own pirate hat, although she's not sure on where.

I also remembered that if you have girls, there are those charm bracelets you can purchase. Look for a stand with lots of boxlike compartments. You buy a link bracelet and each charm individually. They add new ones every so often, and sometimes you'll find a charm in one store and not another. I do it myself (one charm for each trip), and found a Frozen charm in only one store of the 4 I tried. I also saw at least 2 charms I hadn't seen on my last trip earlier this year. So it's something you can definitely keep doing.

Hope some of this helps. I'm sorry I couldn't make it out to DTD.

Tags
build your own, downtown disney, dtd, fill your own, potato head

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: