Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2012, 12:59 AM   #316
meggiebyte
Earning My Ears

I'm Lauren and Going solo May 20-24, 2012.

Looking to recruit some people to my whole "Drinking Around the World" fiasco. Hehe.
meggiebyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #317
ERmickeyRN
Earning My Ears

the best

getting ready for my secound solo trip!
ERmickeyRN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2012, 10:30 AM   #318
hurricane2017
Five Resorts and Counting

Talking

Hey everyone. I'm from NY and bought my first annual pass (just got back from a week long vacation in May). Normally I travel with my best friend K8 and we're planning to go back together in October, but I was hoping to maybe get down to Disney one weekend in late July or early August and was wondering if anyone would be around then. I'm reluctant to do Disney on my own but would be reassured if there were others to meet up with.

October 1987 - Off-Site
June 1989 - Off-Site
August 1996 - Caribbean Beach
August 2000 - Beach Club
July 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge w/ K8
June 2006 - All-Star Movies w/ K8
October 2011 - Pop Century w/ K8
May 2012 - Caribbean Beach () w/ K8
October 2012 - Boardwalkw/ K8
hurricane2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #319
Artoo
Mom to a beautiful African Grey

I'm hoping to get to WDW the first week of January, 2013. I may be going with someone, but there's a good chance I will be going solo. Any others going to be down there at that time? I'm kind of nervous about the prospect of going by myself, even though I love WDW and have been down there plenty of times!

Artoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:13 AM   #320
gerbl
I <3 rodents

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane2017 View Post
Hey everyone. I'm from NY and bought my first annual pass (just got back from a week long vacation in May). Normally I travel with my best friend K8 and we're planning to go back together in October, but I was hoping to maybe get down to Disney one weekend in late July or early August and was wondering if anyone would be around then. I'm reluctant to do Disney on my own but would be reassured if there were others to meet up with.
I'm going to be there by myself from the 28th - August 4th.

What kind of disney experience are you looking for?
gerbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:27 AM   #321
gerbl
I <3 rodents

Just posting up again, I'd love to meetup with some fun folks from this forum, seems like a great group of people.

gerbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:37 PM   #322
2BNDisney
Mouseketeer

Will be solo Sept 29 -Oct 3
WALT DISNEY WORLD - March 1987 / December 1990 / December 1991 / April 1994 / September 1994 / December 1994 / March 1996 (Disney Institute) / December 1996 (Fort Wilderness and Yacht & Beach Club) / May 2000 / October 2000 / October 2004 (Pop) / December 2006 (Pop) / November 2010 (Saratoga Springs) / May 2011 (OKW) / December 2011 (BLT) / February-March 2012 (AK) / Sept-Oct 2012 (WL/BWV) / Nov 2013 (BLT) / Jan 2014 (VGF)

-
DISNEYLAND - December 1996 / May 2013 (Paradise Pier)
-
DISNEY CRUISE LINE - 11 night Mediterranean on Magic - May 2010 / 7 night Alaska on Wonder - May 2011 / 14 night WB Transatlantic on Magic - Sept 2011 / 3 night Bahamas on Dream - December 2011 / 7 night E. Caribbean on Fantasy - Sept 2012 / 14 night Panama Canal on Wonder - May 2013 / 3 night Bahamas on Magic - Jan 2014
-
ADVENTURES BY DISNEY - Scotland - June 2013

Last edited by 2BNDisney; 07-17-2012 at 07:03 PM.
2BNDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:55 AM   #323
vegasdaisy
Earning My Ears

Anyone going to Disney this weekend? My travel buddies all fell through but I paid for the room already so I am going. Friday at Disney and Saturday at Universal.
vegasdaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:32 PM   #324
Jennafoo
Mouseketeer

I'm taking my first ever trip to Disney - solo! - the first week of September. Tired of waiting for someone to go with...

I'm flying from San Francisco on Labor Day Monday, the 3rd. I leave at 7pm on Friday the 7th, so I'll still have a mostly full day in the parks. I got a good deal at the Boardwalk Inn (though I was really drawn to Wilderness Lodge), so I upgraded to Club Level. (Got a standard view, because the first thing I do in a hotel room is draw the curtains and make it as dark as possible!)

Already made a few ADRs, though I may change as we get closer: Le Cellier, Via Napoli, Hollywood Brown Derby and Chefs de France. I planned afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian for my last day.

Any other advice??
Jennafoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:41 PM   #325
PlutoPatrol
Earning My Ears

I would also very much recommend watching the Magic Kingdom Fireworks from atop the Contemporary Hotel. Get to the California Grill Bar about an hour before the fireworks. Have a drink, maybe an appetizer and then stroll out onto the viewing platform. You get the music and a pretty good view!

I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." -Walt Disney
PlutoPatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:44 PM   #326
PlutoPatrol
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artoo View Post
I'm hoping to get to WDW the first week of January, 2013. I may be going with someone, but there's a good chance I will be going solo. Any others going to be down there at that time? I'm kind of nervous about the prospect of going by myself, even though I love WDW and have been down there plenty of times!
Don't be nervous. After the first time it is easy. Nothing to fear but fear itself!-FDR

I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." -Walt Disney
PlutoPatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #327
nosleeptildisney
Earning My Ears

Any Disney World vacationers out there?

Hello ! My name is Dominique, I live in NYC and I have been a Disney lover since...I came out of the womb! As a child I frequented WDW countless times. I love Hidden Mickeys, Disney movie trivia, Disney merchandise, soundtracks..you name it! I am DYING to go to the Food and Wine festival this year, since I will be turning 25 shortly before it starts. Unfortunately, I have no friends interested in going to Disney World, as they all think its for children (what Disney lover hasn't experience such nonsense?!) I am hoping to come across some people who may be able to steer me in the right way to find such a group of people interested in going to Disney, if such group exists! I was wondering if you ever came across a group (whether on meetup.com or not) of women (single, married, kids, whatever) who have a group..maybe they take an annual trip to Disney or something?

Any information you could give me would be great!

Thank you so much!
nosleeptildisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #328
TampaRobert
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosleeptildisney View Post
Hello ! My name is Dominique, I live in NYC and I have been a Disney lover since...I came out of the womb! As a child I frequented WDW countless times. I love Hidden Mickeys, Disney movie trivia, Disney merchandise, soundtracks..you name it! I am DYING to go to the Food and Wine festival this year, since I will be turning 25 shortly before it starts. Unfortunately, I have no friends interested in going to Disney World, as they all think its for children (what Disney lover hasn't experience such nonsense?!) I am hoping to come across some people who may be able to steer me in the right way to find such a group of people interested in going to Disney, if such group exists! I was wondering if you ever came across a group (whether on meetup.com or not) of women (single, married, kids, whatever) who have a group..maybe they take an annual trip to Disney or something?

Any information you could give me would be great!

Thank you so much!

Hi Dominique,

I think you'll find no shortage of people on here willing to go. I'm in a couple Meetup groups myself that frequent Disney. One is a Disney specific group (although I have yet to do anything with them). Another is a single parent group and I occasionally schedule days/weekends at Disney so I have other adults for me to talk to and other kids for my daughter. One event I've missed the last 2 years is the Food & Wine Festival. I've either had friends cancel on me at the last minute or I haven't found anyone interested in going. And the Food & Wine Festival just isn't the same with a young child in tow - LOL.

I'm sure you can find something through Meetup.com or even post on here when you're interested in going and people will respond. I'm running the Food & Wine half marathon this year so I think I'm going to finally break my two year drought - LOL.
TampaRobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:25 PM   #329
nosleeptildisney
Earning My Ears

sorry...for some reason this posted twice..so editing it!

Last edited by nosleeptildisney; 07-02-2012 at 07:29 PM. Reason: double post
Old 07-02-2012, 07:27 PM   #330
nosleeptildisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaRobert View Post
Hi Dominique,

I think you'll find no shortage of people on here willing to go. I'm in a couple Meetup groups myself that frequent Disney. One is a Disney specific group (although I have yet to do anything with them). Another is a single parent group and I occasionally schedule days/weekends at Disney so I have other adults for me to talk to and other kids for my daughter. One event I've missed the last 2 years is the Food & Wine Festival. I've either had friends cancel on me at the last minute or I haven't found anyone interested in going. And the Food & Wine Festival just isn't the same with a young child in tow - LOL.

I'm sure you can find something through Meetup.com or even post on here when you're interested in going and people will respond. I'm running the Food & Wine half marathon this year so I think I'm going to finally break my two year drought - LOL.
I've had no luck on meetup.com, as of yet..but my fingers are still crossed! Thank you for the info though! I really appreciate anything I can get. Will you be able to enjoy all the food and wine with a half marathon to prepare for?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: