Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 03:59 AM   #1
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Where can I find ideas to make our trip romantic as possible?

Hi there! We love WDW but we have always gone for vacations there with kids, and it's always been about the kids.

We're finally taking a trip for ourselves-- we never had a honeymoon so we're going to renew our vows then go to WDW alone for a honeymoon (our dream vacation for years has been doing Disney alone, lol).

We've booked 5 days in early Feb at the Coronado Springs Resort (never been to that one) and made our ADRs so we're all set. Got the dining plan & even got the memory maker.

We're only going to the parks for 3 days-- mornings at MK, AK & HS, and evenings/dinner at Epcot (our favorite). The kids always rushed us through the World Showcase and now we are going to really enjoy exploring it, and eat at restaurants without characters for once, lol.

The other days we're planning things like mini golf & DTD shopping, hanging out at Jellyrolls and such.

We're planning on wearing our Mickey & Minnie bride & groom hats... we were hoping to take pictures with Mickey in a pose as if we were getting married and he were the officiant-- hope they will let us do this, we think it'd be cute for the scrapbook!

So always going with the family I always had my ears open for fun/cute family stuff to do.

I'm wondering if there's any little-known romantic couples stuff to do? No major added expenses, just little things.

I'm just starting to research and I know people here on the Disboards are the best to point out resources and give tips.

Thanks in advance!

[i]Sigh... he wants to marry me all over again! And take me to Walt Disney World for a romantic honeymoon... no wonder I'm still so in love with him!!!

Last edited by MackenzieFL; Yesterday at 04:05 AM.
MackenzieFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:34 AM   #2
travelin' tigger

I've finally met Tigger and I'm doin' the "Super Duper Alley Ooper Loop-de-Looper Bounce"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackenzieFL View Post
The other days we're planning things like mini golf & DTD shopping, hanging out at Jellyrolls and such. We're planning on wearing our Mickey & Minnie bride & groom hats...
Jellyrolls wearing your bride and groom hats will be fun! Be prepared for being center stage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackenzieFL View Post
I'm wondering if there's any little-known romantic couples stuff to do? No major added expenses, just little things.

I'm just starting to research and I know people here on the Disboards are the best to point out resources and give tips.

Thanks in advance!
My thoughts are a romantic carriage ride, hopping the resort monorail and visiting those resorts - maybe a drink at the Poly and a stroll down by the beach, catching MK's fireworks or a walk around the Boardwalk area in the evening with dinner at one of the restaurants there...

I'm sure there will be many more! Have fun!

2015: AKV Mar ~ 2014: BWV Mar • GFV/BLT Jul • OKW Nov ~ 2013: BWV Mar • BWV Jul • OKW Nov ~ 2012: BWV Feb • BCV Aug • OKW Nov ~ 2011: OKW May • AKV Jan ~ 2010: OKW Nov • HR/BCV Aug • ASMu/BCV May • AKV Jan ~ 2009: BWV Dec • OKW Oct • ASMu Sep • Pop July • BWV May • Pop Feb ~ 2008: OKW Nov • BCV Aug • BWV Jun/Jul • BWV Mar ~ 2007: BWV Dec • ASSp/BWV Nov • ASSp/BWV Sep • ASMu May•BWV Mar ~ 2006: BWV Dec • Dolphin Sep/BWV Oct • ASMu Aug • Pop/BCV May • Dolphin/BWV Jan ~ 2005: Swan/HR/OKW Dec • ASMo Sep/BWV Oct • Pop Feb ~ 2004: Swan/RPR Dec • Pop/WL Oct • Safari May • Pop Jan ~ 2003: Dolphin/RPR Nov/Dec • CSR Jun • CBR Jan ~ 2002: POFQ/ASMu Dec • ASSp Jun • ASMu Feb ~ 2001: ASMu Nov

travelin' tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old Yesterday, 06:34 AM   #3
Bete
DIS Veteran

No expense: Go to every shop in Epcot WS. Find hidden mickeys together; you can get a book if you need help or do a search on Internet. Listen to the live street entertainment at the parks. Take a stroll around the Grand Floridian. You can time it with the MK fireworks and watch it at the dock. Do the same for Animal Kingdom Lodge. The Wilderness Lodge is good, too.

With expense: Take a fireworks cruise. Get a spa treatment. Do afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian. Do a paddleboat together.
Bete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:06 AM   #4
MannyB
Earning My Ears

Coronado Springs is actually really nice for a sunset stroll one night around the Lake. Property is beautiful! Get some strawberries, a bottle of champagne, and find a nice place on the sand to watch the sunset. Cheap and easy.

A few things my fiancee and I have liked:
- If you are going to Jellyrolls I suggest planning it so you can take a stroll around the boardwalk and get something tasty from the Boardwalk Bakery. Take a seat by the Lighthouse outside the Yacht Club and watch Illuminations while you eat your snack.

- Catch a ride on the boat between French Quarter and Downtown Disney at night. Get a nice frozen cocktail from DTD for the ride.Stop by French Quarter for beignets.

- Embrace another country at World Showcase. Make a dining reservation but also simply dive in to a country instead of just passing through. We did it with France and had dinner at Chefs de France. Beforehand we did the Impressions de France ride. After dinner we each had a glass of wine and ice cream and sat there talking listening to the music. When it was over we had spent 3 hours in France.
MannyB is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: