Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2007, 06:20 PM   #91
wwessing
Proud Redhead
Would you have any idea of where I might peruse a menu
He has very fond memories of it

Location: Downstate Illinois. . . . not many people know, but just outside of Chicago there's a whole state called Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba's mom View Post
What level Loews First are you?

Lowly Blue
Old 09-03-2007, 06:28 PM   #92
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy knows you as more than just "Wife of Eric Roberts--XM Spy"

hhmmm...upgrade available at check-in IF available.... what time of the year are you going? busy time? Are you planning on spending a lot of time in the room?
bubba's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2007, 07:02 PM   #93
wwessing
Proud Redhead

Location: Downstate Illinois. . . . not many people know, but just outside of Chicago there's a whole state called Illinois

Quote:
hhmmm...upgrade available at check-in IF available.... what time of the year are you going? busy time? Are you planning on spending a lot of time in the room?
We will be checking in HRH 4/28/08 and checking out 5/4/08 - 6 nights. I hope it's not too busy - this is 5 weeks after Easter and spring break mostly over. We don't plan to spend too much time in our room, other than we might need to be going back in the afternoons for a couple hours, and regular sleeping hours.

Right now I have the "Two Free Tickets for 4 nights or More" deal at $279 per night, then $294 for the last 2 nights (total of $1,917 with taxes). I've already got our park tickets 7 days for $86), so these aren't necessary and I am hoping for AAA rates to reduce this by 20% or so, knowing I will lose the tickets and that's ok.

I don't count on an upgrade, and honestly, not certain we would take it if offered (weird, I know, but we have a dd15 with disability too long to go into here, but once room is booked and details provided to her, it might not be a good idea to change up at the last minute - would depend on what's going on at the time and if she could see the pool and activities from the upgraded room - so you see, would be kind of difficult to change up). So, that's why I'm begging for the best garden view HRH has to offer - satisfy dh's budget restrictions, dd15 need to watch outside through the windows and my own satisfaction of knowing I got the best I could for my family. If this helps, we will be going to the parks every morning and utilizing the pools in the afternoon. Several evenings we plan to have dinner at CityWalk, but probably not many meals at the hotels restaurants (unless someone has some serious can't miss recommendations).

Thanks!
Old 09-03-2007, 07:40 PM   #94
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member

Okay, not being rude here, but did you read the sticky at the top of the page "What's your date and rate"? I definately think the prices for standard will come down w/ AAA to about $220 or so and you're right...way after Easter, shouldn't be busy. Don't know what your budget is, but that rate will definately come down. Since it won't be busy, you can ask for upgrade....can you explain it to your DD? Give her a "this or this" scenario? I would also explain to the hotel about her condition, as it might help score you a "room w/ a view". I do believe about half the rooms are pool views, but ya know.... macraven stays at HRH all the time. She notes her room numbers and the views and keeps them for future reference. If you want to PM her, feel free (tell her I sent you ) ....she is always around to help and might be the best person to ask about room numbers
Old 09-03-2007, 08:09 PM   #95
wwessing
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Okay, not being rude here, but did you read the sticky at the top of the page "What's your date and rate"? I definately think the prices for standard will come down w/ AAA to about $220 or so and you're right...way after Easter, shouldn't be busy. Don't know what your budget is, but that rate will definately come down. Since it won't be busy, you can ask for upgrade....can you explain it to your DD? Give her a "this or this" scenario? I would also explain to the hotel about her condition, as it might help score you a "room w/ a view". I do believe about half the rooms are pool views, but ya know.... macraven stays at HRH all the time. She notes her room numbers and the views and keeps them for future reference. If you want to PM her, feel free (tell her I sent you ) ....she is always around to help and might be the best person to ask about room numbers
I don't think you are rude at all, and I have not read that sticky. . . well, a couple of weeks ago I did, when I added my dates. I think I should go back and look at it again. I figure, also, that when AAA rates are available, the rate should be about $223.

I have sent a PM to macraven. . . but it's about some other stuff. I was trying to gentle with her, so I asked only about 30 questions. I thought I'd try this thread first and let all you experts offer up your knowledge. Fact is, I've probably read some of the info. I'm seeking. Likely in bits and pieces, here and there, but at the time, I wasn't looking for the garden view info. Darn budget. . . . . guess since I want to add in the new sea world waterpark, Aquatica, to our itinerary, I'll adjust to the compromise.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:41 PM   #96
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwessing View Post
I have sent a PM to macraven. . . but it's about some other stuff. I was trying to gentle with her, so I asked only about 30 questions. I thought I'd try this thread first and let all you experts offer up your knowledge.
Yep, macraven is the resident HRH expert here...WE have only stayed at HRH one night (but, I try ) I'm sure she will give you lots of answers and info...she's great!
Old 09-11-2007, 03:33 PM   #97
jaff87
Mouseketeer

Can someone tell me in what section of the hotel the pets are kept at the HRH?
08/04 - GF
08/05 - PO Riverside
08/06 - PO Riverside
08/07 - PO Riverside
08/08 - Hard Rock & PO Riverside
08/09 - PO Riverside
08/10 - PO Riverside
08/11 - PO Riverside
08/12 - PO Riverside
08/13 - PO Riverside
08/14 - ???

jaff87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:12 AM   #98
coastergirls
Mouseketeer

When we were there last week we got room 7116. Lovely view of the pool and a view of theme parks in back ground.
Originally allocated another room but when I asked if we could have a deluxe and that I had emailed and requested one they sent bellhop up to room to see if it was. it wasn't so they said they would try to get one to go up to club. By the time I got to club they had called to say there were no deluxe rooms but I could have a roll away free. Husband went back to reception and we got room 7116. Room we were originally allocated didn't have a pool view. So we got an upgrade and a rollaway free. Room was perfectly adequate rollaway went in front of the window so didn't take much space.
I noticed the difference however in the bathroom space . deluxe club at PBH has separate bath and shower and 2 sinks. With 4 women we really needed the extra bathroom space.
coastergirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:00 PM   #99
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaff87 View Post
Can someone tell me in what section of the hotel the pets are kept at the HRH?
all pet rooms are located on the first floor.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 09:08 AM   #100
jtdl
DIS Veteran

Obstructed view rooms

Please post the room number and what your view was . We're going during slow season and hoping that if I don't get an upgrade with my Loews First, that I will be able to choose from a couple obstructed view rooms if I know the room numbers.
Feb 2005 - Pop Century
Nov 1998 - off site
Oct 1995 - ASMu

jtdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 11:10 AM   #101
macraven
Proud Redhead
I’m a Universal Homie

you need to call the hotel direct to get the room numbers of obstructed views.

i had some room numbers from years back but the list has increased.

more of the trees have grown and now new room numbers are on the list.

Old 12-23-2007, 03:46 PM   #102
d4est
The Tag Fairy is really Ghostbuster Guy in Orange!
Average everyday sane/sick psycho supergoddess
It's just a coinkie-dink

We were at HRH from 12/14-12/17 in room 7130. It was a nice king room with a great view of the pool...the glowing guitar...UO and even a bit of IOA.

Nice room but, for me, way too far from the elevator...just about to the end of the hall...the 2nd hall. As in, you get off the elevator by the club lounge and go down the hall to your right, then you come to another circle and take the hall to your right.

2/11 1st cruise-DCL 4 night Dream~2/10 February Fury wrecks our plans! Did Tampa family visit with Busch Gardens etc~2/09 Hard Rock Hotel and Discovery Cove
12/07 Disney’s AKL & Universal HRH~2/06 Coronado Springs! Totally Awesome!!!~2/05 Universal RPR…FOTL Rocks!!!~2/04 Marriott OWC Sea world/Bush Gardens
2/03 Offsite w/family Sea World~4/1995 Offsite (Timeshare) Sea World & MK

Make your own kind of music, sing your own special song...
d4est is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 01:04 PM   #103
macraven
Proud Redhead
I’m a Universal Homie

i have stayed in room 7100, king suite and the view is just as good as 7130 but much closer to the elevator.
when you get off the elevator, make a right.
end of that corridor will be room 7100 on the right side.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:54 AM   #104
JenS
Earning My Ears

Question Room 7019

OK after sifting through all of this info...I believe I want to request room 7019 for our stay Jan 16 - 19. Can anyone tell me how far from the lounge the room is? Elevators? My first choice would be to be as close to the lounge as possible but I'd really like to get a deluxe room. When I check in, if 7019 is not available, what room should I request to be close to the lounge? The view is really not that important to us.

Thanks for your help!

JenS 1 week to go!!
JenS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:38 PM   #105
macraven
Proud Redhead
I’m a Universal Homie

its not bad for getting to the lounge from that room

you looking for a queen deluxe?

not many on club floor.
i only had queen deluxe twice there on 7th

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: