Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 09:39 AM   #91
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

i'm staying at CBR for first time Fri - Sat for 1/2 marathon -- couple questions pls?

what is the custom house?

which bldg should I request for easy access to a bus stop that would be at the end of the loop within the resort - you know board the bus on it's way to destination and not at the beginning of the multiple stops within the resort

TIA!!

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
Old 01-04-2005, 09:59 AM   #92
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom
i'm staying at CBR for first time Fri - Sat for 1/2 marathon -- couple questions pls?

what is the custom house?

which bldg should I request for easy access to a bus stop that would be at the end of the loop within the resort - you know board the bus on it's way to destination and not at the beginning of the multiple stops within the resort

TIA!!
Custom House is check-in. If you have a car you can then drive to your Village, if not, they will take you there in a van or golf cart type vehicle.

As for being at the begining of the bus stops that would require a preferred room location - if you booked a preferred room (more $ than a std room,but different from a preferred view, which would be a Lake View) then request Martinique near bus stop - that is the first stop on and off during slow or busy seasons.

Have a great 1/2 Marathon!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2005, 10:39 AM   #93
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!

DISboards Moderator

thanks for the info -- but actually I'd rather be on the tail end of the bus stops -- it's going to be very very early sunday morning and i'd hate to board the bus and ride it around CBR for 25 mins!

Old 01-04-2005, 11:09 AM   #94
scoutsmom99
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Will travel a billion miles to ride Dumbo at MK
I get a little twinge everytime I pass a shoe section

ohMom,
When I was there in October sometimes Trinidad South was the last stop and sometimes Barbados was the last stop on the route. The loop around the resort doesn't take more than 5-10 minutes though. They basically pull up people get on and mve to the next stop you should be fine at any stop.
Hope that Helps
Old 01-05-2005, 07:49 AM   #95
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom
thanks for the info -- but actually I'd rather be on the tail end of the bus stops -- it's going to be very very early sunday morning and i'd hate to board the bus and ride it around CBR for 25 mins!
Oops! I misunderstood - thought you meant you wanted to be first! If you want to be last then go with Barbados and you'll be fine! Last time I stayed there they told us that when it is busy, buses kind of split the resort in half so folks don't have to wait as long or buses be as crowded - which is why some people say it's a long ride around and others have not found it that way. To be safe about being last, go with Barbado's - you'll probably not have any trouble with that request becasue it is farther away.

Congrat's on the marathon!

Old 01-05-2005, 07:51 PM   #96
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!

DISboards Moderator

thanks for the replies i called WDW group reservations and was told our group is alredy blocked and I could ask at check-in; guess i'll have my preferences ready and ask when I get there and we'll see thanks again

Old 01-06-2005, 06:53 PM   #97
simzac
DIS Veteran
Watched over by the Tag Fairy

Thumbs up

Just returned yesterday from a 4 night stay with the family at CBR. Now I know why safetymom loves this resort so much. It is simply beautiful. We stayed in Trinidad South, room 3405. I requested this island after reading all of the comments on this and the original CBR thread, due to the fact we were only in our room at night to sleep, and this seemed like the most quiet place to accomplish that, and I was right. It seemed like we had the whole place to ourselves, even though we always saw other people around the island and at the bus stop. Bus service was fantastic, only once did we wait over 10 minutes for a bus, most time the wait was under 5 minutes. Having weather in the mid 70's each day was an added bonus to our trip.The walk to Old Port Royale was a leisurely 10 minute stroll. They also have an internal bus which runs from 6:30am to 11pm, which we took advantage of at the end of the day to refill our mugs. We will definitely return to CBR sometime in the not so distance future to enjoy this wonderful resort again.

DIS DAD MEMBER #672
Old 01-06-2005, 06:59 PM   #98
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

Glad to hear you had a great trip. I have never stayed at Trinidad South but would like to. It seems like it is another small resort. Thanks for your trip report.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:18 AM   #99
shatzjsl
No wonder I love DIS boards so much!
Shopping saves, didn't ya know?

Safetymom,

Is there anything within walking distance of CBR? We are arriving around 7 p.m. and don't want to do a park.

Thanks!
Old 01-07-2005, 10:34 AM   #100
ChairborneRangr
Has never seen CoP
I've found the newer you are, the more planning that needs to be done

Nope. Walking is not safe from CBR to anything not CBR, unless you have access to the CM tunnel to Pop Century
**** I saw CoP for the first time 4/12/05 2:43pm ****
Stephen's Ultimate Collection of Disney Links
Old 01-07-2005, 10:49 AM   #101
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatzjsl
Safetymom,Is there anything within walking distance of CBR? We are arriving around 7 p.m. and don't want to do a park.Thanks!
CBR is beautiful to walk around!

Or you can the bus to Downtown Disney.

Old 01-07-2005, 10:51 AM   #102
shatzjsl

Thanks for the responses. I looked at a map but they can sometimes be decieving. Oh, well, guess I'll just have to relax on the beach!
Old 01-07-2005, 11:22 AM   #103
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

You can enjoy the fireworks from Epcot on the beach. The beach at Martinique is great for laying in a hammock or lounge chair and watching the fireworks at 9 PM. If you want to stand you can see a lot of them from the Customs House.

Other than that you could hop a bus to Downtown Disney. It is nice to walk around the lake or just sit and look at the lake.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:30 PM   #104
shatzjsl

Thanks SM! Fireworks without a park crowd sounds like a perfect thing to do on our first night.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:45 PM   #105
mar915
Mouseketeer

Okay I will put the deposit down on our two rooms next weeks( waiting for credit card end of month to put off payment for a month). Anyway we booked a perferred location. I would like connecting and water view if able.
Or should I ask for Martinique to be placed in. I don't want to put in too many request buy convience with my little guy would be great.

What would you recommend to request.

mary
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: