Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 04:24 PM   #136
Wenlitz
The Tag Fairy has been known to do Tag and Runs....

The remodeled rooms

Just wondering how the new rooms and beds are at the cbr???
As of right now we are planning to stay at this resort and I was just curious.
Thanks for any info.

1996 - Dixie Landings
1998 - Coronado Springs
2002 - Wilderness Lodge
2005 - Coronado Springs
2007 - Caribbean Beach
Old 01-29-2005, 04:28 PM   #137
simzac
DIS Veteran
Watched over by the Tag Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenlitz
Just wondering how the new rooms and beds are at the cbr???
As of right now we are planning to stay at this resort and I was just curious.
Thanks for any info.
Just stayed there earlier this month, the room we had was fantastic. Everything is almost new condition, and the entire room was very clean.

DIS DAD MEMBER #672
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2005, 04:43 PM   #138
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

Aruba is across the lake from Old Port Royale and the main pool. It isn't a bad walk.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:08 AM   #139
Peeko
Earning My Ears

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetymom
Aruba is across the lake from Old Port Royale and the main pool. It isn't a bad walk.
Thanks! I was looking at the map and it looks like there is a bridge that goes accross the lake by the 5100 building thats listed as the only smoking building is this what I see?
Old 01-30-2005, 10:10 AM   #140
safetymom
Have will travel

Yes there is a bridge that goes across the lake. Very nice walk.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:29 AM   #141
Peeko
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetymom
Yes there is a bridge that goes across the lake. Very nice walk.
OK I'm getting more and more convinced to try out CBR. We had stayed at FQ our past few trips and we would like to try something new. We were afraid of all the coments of it's size. We will be driving does each section have thier own parking lot?
Old 01-30-2005, 10:30 AM   #142
safetymom
Have will travel

Yes each section has its own parking area. I found CSR to feel much larger than CBR. You will have a great time at CBR.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:03 PM   #143
left210
DIS Veteran

Safetymom - thanks for the info. We are taking our 4 yr old son to WDW for the first time on 3-22. Just made our res today for CBR. Which bldg should we request in Martinique 25 or 26 for closeness to pool and view of fireworks. Also is there a particular block of rooms we should request? I saw a pic on your site of Mart. bldg facing beach. Do the first floor rooms facing the beach have sliding doors that open to walk out to the beach? If so which bldg is that and what block of rooms? Is this the beach that you can see the fireworks from?
Old 02-01-2005, 07:07 PM   #144
safetymom
Have will travel

No sliding doors that open to the beach. All the rooms at CBR are the same, only the bedding is different.

The beach at Martinique is a great place for watching the fireworks. I have stayed in 25 and 26 and enjoyed them both. You may want to be near the quiet pool since it is less crowded.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:15 PM   #145
left210
DIS Veteran

Which bldg is near the quiet pool - 25 or 26? So does bldg 25 have a better water/beach view than 26? I guess I am trying to get the best of it all for our 1st trip - close to OPR, 1st floor, good view of fireworks right out my door and good view of beach/water. Is it possible and if so what do I request? I realize that doesnt mean I will get it but it is worth a shot. ALso, is one bldg closer to bus stop than the other or are they about the same?

Thanks so much for all of your wonderful help. Any other advice is greatly appreciated. I really need to start working on our itinerary and get my character meals scheduled. We just booked today so I better get busy.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:00 PM   #146
scoutsmom99
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Will travel a billion miles to ride Dumbo at MK
I get a little twinge everytime I pass a shoe section

Quote:
Originally Posted by left210
Which bldg is near the quiet pool - 25 or 26? So does bldg 25 have a better water/beach view than 26?
Ok I just got home last week from CBR and I'm looking at the map and 25 is closer to the quiet pool and Bldg 25 is centered in front of the water with 26 to the right behind it. IMHO 25 would have a better water view.

Quote:
I guess I am trying to get the best of it all for our 1st trip - close to OPR, 1st floor, good view of fireworks right out my door and good view of beach/water. Is it possible and if so what do I request? I realize that doesnt mean I will get it but it is worth a shot.
I would call CRO and have your preferences noted on your reservation from most important to least. Also it doesn't hurt to ask at check-in...my last two times at CBR they were able to accomodate me at check-in with a request for Jamaica Bldg 44 (thought both trips were in Value Season (Oct/Jan)

Quote:
ALso, is one bldg closer to bus stop than the other or are they about the same?
Building 26 is actually closer to the OPR bus stop than the Martinique stop and Bldg 25 from the map seems about equal distance to either depending on where you are in the building.

I hope you enjoy your stay at CBR it is my favorite moderate resort
Old 02-02-2005, 12:57 PM   #147
gemini14
Earning My Ears

I am thinking of faxing my room request tommorrow but still not sure of a few things. We are celebrating our 25th anniversary and would like to stay either in Jamaica or Aruba. Do they have corner king-size bed rooms with water views? Should I ask for 1st or 2nd floor does that even matter for the view?
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

space reserved for future trips
Old 02-02-2005, 01:04 PM   #148
G00fyDad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini14
I am thinking of faxing my room request tommorrow but still not sure of a few things. We are celebrating our 25th anniversary and would like to stay either in Jamaica or Aruba. Do they have corner king-size bed rooms with water views? Should I ask for 1st or 2nd floor does that even matter for the view?
Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Safetymom is the one to ask about the corner room / King bed thing, but I've been told that if you dont want bushes or shrubbery blocking your view then to make sure you get 2nd floor.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:04 PM   #149
jaysmom4285
DIS Veteran

gemini14, we stayed at CBR in December, in Jamaica 45, room 4553. It was a corner room overlooking the lagoon and walkway and the view was great. But I could tell that, if we had been on the first floor, the shrubs and trees would have blocked a lot of the view. I think first floor views in general are going to be iffy because there is so much landscaping.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:08 PM   #150
CrazedDisFan
Let's just say there were few words spoken and no meals cooked for quite some time.

I have a question regarding the quality of food at Shutters. How is it? We are intending on eating there once or twice during our stay. Also, would it be wise to make PS? (stay is early march)

Question #2...
How far is the walk from check-in to Martinique? Do they aide you with your luggage or is it a here's your room key figure it out kind of deal? Thanks!

Last edited by CrazedDisFan; 02-02-2005 at 03:40 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: