Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Choose a carpool
The Magic is as strong as ever 174 36.71%
The Magic has faded, but I am very optimistic 194 40.93%
The Magic is in serious jeaopardy 99 20.89%
The Magic is lost, I'm not going back 7 1.48%
Voters: 474. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2001, 02:40 PM   #16
airlarry!
Did you know some ferns date back to Prehistoric times?

#3 but...

I picked #3. Even though my heart tells me #2, my head tells me #3.

The company that gave us Splash Mountain, is giving us Dino-rama.

The company that gave us the concept art for Animal Kingdom, gave us the real Animal Kingdom. By the way, my wife and I love AK. It is very close to my favorite park ----- if it ever gets finished. Right now it just doesn't feel finished. It is beautiful, but there are some parts that you get this sad feeling like something is missing -- I know I will give you an example.

Head down to the Flametree. Get a Bbq sandwich -- we do every trip -- but don't eat right outside the stand, instead meandor down to the riverside where there are nice covered pavilians for you to eat under. Take a look out at the river. If you are feeling a little sad, then read Jim Hill's article on what was supposed to be out there. Then you will understand why I am between #2 & # 3. I want to believe that the magic is there, and I think if Eddie Sotto and John Lassiter were running the Theme Park and Movie division respectively, it would come back, but right now I am pessimistic.

Oh yeah. I will still make my annual Mardi Gras trip...but with a heavy heart.

The summer semester schedule is out, and classes are filling up, so contact the Admissions Office soon at www.july171955.com to sign up for Advanced Disney Studies 101. Check with your advisor for prerequisites specific to your area of interest.
airlarry! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 06:15 PM   #17
renknt
Mouseketeer

I'm Picking car 1 Let's face it when ever I go to any of the parks the 9 year old switch flips on and some times doesn't reset for 2 or 3 days. But having said that I ride in car 2 with sarangel cause she knows where she is going

is this gloating?
renknt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2001, 10:28 PM   #18
Janet2k
DIS Veteran

I chose car 2 but almost chose car 3. I would have loved to have chosen car 1.

I hope that Eisner indeed does want to be remembered along the lines of Walt. If that is true, I anxiously await the future...and my hop back into car 1.
Janet2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 10:31 AM   #19
HorizonsFan
Are we there yet?
My Mickey was mousenapped!

I'm in car 1 with the usual suspects. I know I'm late so I'll sit in the back, but I'm not sittin' on the hump!
Old 07-16-2001, 02:59 PM   #20
Wes
Mouseketeer

What is interesting about this poll is that 3 of the 4 carpools acknowledge the loss of the magic ... and more than 2 out of 3 people voting (right now the no-loss carpool is at 32.9%, leaving 67.1% on the other side of the vote) are acknowledging that loss.
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 12:41 PM   #21
ww52
Mouseketeer

Wes - I'll take your observation one further. If two thirds of the respondants (all of us Disney fans) feel the magic has faded, then for us the magic has in fact faded. An obvious statement - but what I'm getting at is all the arguements by car #1 occupants in effect don't matter. Our perception is our reality, and Disney needs to recognize this. It's going to cost them brand loyalty - a little now but a growing amount in the years to come. I realize this informal poll is nowhere near representative - yet I would think Disney better pay attention.
ww52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 01:17 PM   #22
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Even more telling IMO is that anyone who would choose number 4 would not be here more than likely. If someone isn't returning to WDW why would they bother with a Disney fan site?

I chose number 3 primarily because of what's happened to Epcot. We used to spend a lot of time there but now the time is quite limited with only Animal Kingdom receiving less attention and that only because of its incomplete status. In a relatively short period of time, we lost It's Fun to be Free, Horizons, Journey Into Imagination, a better Communicore (IMO) and FutureCorps (my personal favorite). No new lands have been added, Journey Into Your Imagination is a disappointment (bring back Figment!) and The Living Seas needs help. We just don't like it as much any more and it's very sad to me.
Old 08-29-2001, 01:59 PM   #23
DVC-Landbaron
What Would Walt Do?

Smile For Kaelyn and all others

Since we refer to it all the time maybe it's time for an update and a...

... BUMP

For the best "Disney Education" on the web go to: http://www.july171955.com/

Long live the Pirate!!
DVC-Landbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2001, 06:01 PM   #24
TiggerFreak
Never goes gankin on the Internizzle

Car #1

Maybe I'm not a seasoned WDW veteran, having been to the World only 4 times, 97, 99 & twice in 2000. So maybe I don't know what it was like in years past, but I still think there is plenty of magic. Every time I visit I feel like a child again. And until WDW fails to evoke this feeling I and firmly belted in car number 1 (hands in the air)!

WDW is one of the few places left where I can still wear rose colored glasses and feel safe.

Car number one runs on pixie dust:D

TTFN
TiggerFreak
TiggerFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2001, 10:13 PM   #25
Lesley
DIS Veteran

I picked car 2 but I'd say I'm more cautiously and hopefully optimistic...if things keep going the way they seem to be perhaps I'd end up in car 3 in a few years. But we always do seem to enjoy wonderful times at WDW so until our trips are much more negatively effected than they have been by dirty trashcans at opening time and the rare surly cm I guess I'll hang out for the ride in car 2. I would so much love to be able to hop into car 1!
Old 08-30-2001, 04:17 AM   #26
one2escape
registered

Red face

i chose car 2. Why even though I love going to disney every year or 2, Im from the UK, when i first started going there was something new e ticket sort of ride every year but now this year the only new thing is going to br millionaire and aladin. I want to bring my son to the park next trip no point bringing over in the 10 hour flight hes one at the moment yet, but when we go back will there be anything new for me to try? Like others said im a inbetweene 2 or 3. 2 for me because i see hope if they get BK on the go
one2escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 01:12 PM   #27
Sarangel
Rumor has it ...
Often has info before the 'other boards'

Until we stop using this as a reference, I'm going to leave this at the top of the board. That way we can all see how the numbers are holding up.

Sarangel
Sarangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 01:17 PM   #28
DVC-Landbaron
What Would Walt Do?

Thanks Sara, Great idea!!

For the best "Disney Education" on the web go to: http://www.july171955.com/

Long live the Pirate!!
DVC-Landbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 02:38 PM   #29
johare
Registered

Thanks. It's interesting to see that as of now about 70% feel that the Magic has faded to some degree. Unfortunately 99+% are willing to 'pay more for less' and still give their money to Disney.

btw: I'm not the 1%, I'm in car number 3. I just don't give as much money to Disney as I did a few years back!
johare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 02:38 PM   #30
DanG
Mouseketeer

Smile How's This for Vacillating?

I am stuck between cars 2 and 3. I am currently in car #3, but have faith that within a few years and a change in amangement, I will be able to move up to car 2.

DanG
DanG is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: