Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2004, 12:47 PM   #16
montblanc
Mouseketeer

What is defined as "single" parent? I consider myself one even though I am just divorced, I don't have my daughter all the time but when I'm with her I feel like a single parent. It definitely makes it easier to meet up with others in the same circumstances.

Those of you who are truly single parents, wow, I really admire what it takes to do that, especially when the kids are younger, but there is no more important aspect of our life (to me at least) than our children...

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'July 11, 2005 7:30:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Long Way to Go!</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'At last!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
</head>

1970 - Disneyland
1999 - All-Star Music
2003 - Port Orleans Riverside
2004 – Contemporary
*2005* – Coronado Springs Resort/Polynesian
montblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 07:05 PM   #17
mickeymom923
"Someday my prince will come"

I am a single parent with 2 teens ages 18 and almost 17. We're going on the Disney Wonder 8/19/04 and then staying at a timeshare until 8/26/04. Anyone else going then? Would love to meet up with other single parents.
mickeymom923 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2004, 10:07 AM   #18
MzEeyore
What?!?!! I'm NOT a Princess?!?!? Who knew!!

I am not a single parent exactly but my husband travels a great deal for work so we usually only see him on the weekends (late Friday night til late Sunday nights). My daughter (who turns 8 in Dec) and I will be in WDW Dec 12th thru the 18th at the Polynesian--doing the MVMCP on the 14th!!

Joanie

13 trips and counting!!!

Last edited by MzEeyore; 11-23-2004 at 09:47 AM.
MzEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 10:20 AM   #19
ValDisney
Mouseketeer

It looks like our daughters are the same age. too bad we'll be missing each other on this trip. I will be arriving on dec 18th. Maybe we can plan trip in the future.
Valerie
ValDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 10:27 AM   #20
MzEeyore
What?!?!! I'm NOT a Princess?!?!? Who knew!!

Valerie

Sounds good to me. My daughter and I usually go twice a year. Usually in May and December but next year we don't want to go in May--it's just too hot--we are thinking maybe Oct and Dec for next year!!!

Joanie

13 trips and counting!!!
MzEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 07:30 PM   #21
Stitches
Mouseketeer

Cool

Hi everyone ,
I'm a single Mom to a 9 year old daughter . I just found this forum and this thread. What a great idea! I always wondered about taking a cruise and whether I would be the only single there. I'm happy to see that other single parents taking cruises.
By the way, DD and I will be at WDW 10/2 through 10/10, in case anyone else is going. We are getting APs for the first time, so I'm hoping we'll also go back another time or two in the next year, maybe over MLK weekend or maybe the first week in June, after school lets out.
Stitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 04:39 PM   #22
Kimmielee
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was thereUncle Larry can do anything!

Single parent traveling with DS (5) 10/30 - 11/6 staying at POFQ.
Can't wait!!

Anyone interested in having kids play together, roam the parks, a day at the pool, whatever... please let me know!

We have tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween night!

Kimmielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 05:26 PM   #23
ValDisney
Mouseketeer

I'll be there with my DS (5) and dd (8) at the POFQ but not until dec 30th. It would have great if we were there the same time. maybe next yr. Have agreat time and please post when you get back and let me know how it was.
Valerie
Old 10-08-2004, 06:51 PM   #24
Scratch42
I Owe, I Owe, so Off to Work I go
"Cruise" will definately be a four letter word when the credit card bill comes in!
Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
SAVVY?!?

Hi There!

For those of you that will be at MNSSHP on October 31st! I don't know if you know but we are having a Meet!

I also am I single mom with a DD12, and we will be there that night!

We are all meeting, not just single parents, in front of

Haunted Mansion

7:30 p.m.

Come on Over and join in on the fun!

Scratch

PS We are also going to be at BCV December 25 - Jan 2.
Scratch42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 07:04 PM   #25
ValDisney
Mouseketeer

Hi Scratch,
I will be at the POFQ on Dec 30-Jan 1. maybe we can get together. We were planning on doing MGM ( and fantasmic ) on dec 31st.
Valerie
Old 10-08-2004, 07:51 PM   #26
Scratch42
"Cruise" will definately be a four letter word when the credit card bill comes in!
SAVVY?!?

We are going to be doing Cirque for NYE!

I let DD pick since I am doing the Richard Petty Driving Experience earlier in the week.

What are you doing after Fantasmic?

Scratch
Old 10-08-2004, 08:35 PM   #27
ValDisney
Mouseketeer

We are seeing the early show of fantasmic and we have no plans after that. What about you? it would be great to meet a fellow dis person.
Valerie
Old 10-09-2004, 07:20 AM   #28
Scratch42
SAVVY?!?

Val,

How late do you plan on staying up? We are at the 9:00 p.m. of Cirque.

Are you doing CP on the 30th by chance. We will be at Epcot that night for the 8:15 reading.

Scratch
Old 10-09-2004, 07:43 AM   #29
ValDisney
Mouseketeer

Hi,
We are going to the Luau on the 30th. We have the early seating. After that I was thinking about doing some shopping in DTD. We are going to Epcot on the 31st (AM) and then heading to MGM later. I have no plans after FAntasmic other then to see the osborne lights. What time does your show end?
On the 1st we have a ps for 19oo park faire (breakfast ) and then maybe playing some mini golf. We are leaving that night.
Valerie
Old 10-09-2004, 07:48 PM   #30
Scratch42
SAVVY?!?

Talking This may take some planning.......

Hi Val,

The Cirque show, I believe is 1 1/2 hours but could be a little longer. This should take us to at least 11 - 11:30 p.m. Were planning on just hanging around DTD. Maybe ice cream if the shop is still open?

The 30th we are doing San Angel for 5:00 and then the 8:00 CP.

The 1st we are at CRT for Breaky maybe we can meet up at MK?

Scratch

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: