Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2007, 01:28 AM   #946
luvtink2
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! I'm new to DIS Boards and can't wait to get lots of information and tips from everyone! We are currently in the beginning stages of planning our WDW trip for May 2008. We usually go around Sept or Oct but with my DS starting jr. high this fall, we didn't think that it would be a good idea to take him out of school. My DD age 8 doesn't see the big deal!! We have been to WDW 8 times and at the end of every trip, we can't wait to go back!!
luvtink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:49 AM   #947
mickeymyfavorite
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewanc View Post
Hi There -- Welcome to the boards, good to have you aboard. To get an abreviations list, click on Dis Home at the top lefthand corner of this page. This will take you to the Dis Home page. Go down the lefthand side of this page until you see abreviations, click on it, you will be able to make a copy for future reference. The more you learn about the resorts and parks, the easier it will be to interpret abreviations used by others on the boards.

Hope this helps.
Thank you so much!
Aug 98’ ASSP ~ Aug 00’ POFQ ~ Aug 04’ POFQ ~ July 05’ POFQ ~ Nov 05’ CBR ~ July 06’ CBR ~ Nov 06’ CSR ~ July 07’ POFQ ~ Nov 07’ AKL ~ April 08’ ASMO ~ July 08' AKL ~Nov 08' SSR ~ April/May 09' CSR ~ Sept 09' BWV ~ Nov 10' CBR ~ Aug 12' AKL ~ May 13' CBR ~ July 13' POLY~ March 14' CR ~ Aug 14' POFQ ~ Oct 14'
mickeymyfavorite is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2007, 11:14 AM   #948
lumpyscall
Earning My Ears

Smile HI Dis!!

Longtime visitor and reader, but finally joined because of your extensive wedding and honeymoon discussion section.

My fiance and I are getting married in February. We've already made ressies for our honeymoon -- April 12-19th, 2008 -- at AKL. We're so psyched.

Can't wait to get input and talk to everyone!!
Off-site - 1981-1986 / Disneyland - 1989,1997, 2005 / Port Orleans - 1994, 1995 / Fort Wilderness - 1996 / Dixie Landings - 1998 / Port Orleans Riverside - 2001 / Caribbean Beach - Honeymoon - April 2008 / All-Star Movies - Royal Family 5K - March 2009

The heffalump ate my honey. Well actually, I did, but it made me do it. ~~Winnie the Pooh
[/COLOR]
lumpyscall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:36 AM   #949
Unregistered

Desperately seeking assistance

though I seem to successfully log in, when I hit reply my user name does not show up. I am having lots and lots of problems, including receiving an email that my thread was not maintained - well, it wasn't maintained because I can't post! and I have send several emails asking for help with this problem but received no reply. I am really frustrated. I am finding these boards very complicated and can't figure out where to go for help. I am not sure that this will post either.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:10 PM   #950
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
though I seem to successfully log in, when I hit reply my user name does not show up. I am having lots and lots of problems, including receiving an email that my thread was not maintained - well, it wasn't maintained because I can't post! and I have send several emails asking for help with this problem but received no reply. I am really frustrated. I am finding these boards very complicated and can't figure out where to go for help. I am not sure that this will post either.
I wonder if it is an account activation thing? It has been a bit since I registered on this board and I quite honestly registered on several forums at once, so I can't remember what the procedure was here. Did you receive an e-mail from disboards when you created your account?

Other than an account validation thing, it may be a cookie setting. If your computer isn't saving cookies it may mess up your ability to log on properly.

Just shooting in the dark here - hang in there and hope it gets sorted out soon.
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
mnmrmustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:55 PM   #951
Lewanc
DIZZIE FOR DISNEY.......(JUST LOVE THE PLACE).. DISNEY VET 100+ VISITS 1971 TILL FOREVER!!!!

Location: LONGWOOD, FL ..... (25 MIN. FROM MICKEY) ....... YEAH!!! YEAH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Hi There -- I'm not sure why the problem is occurring, but it's apparent your posts are being created as I am able to reply to your post. It may be the cookie issue as explained by another. Were you trying to start a thread?? If so, I don't think you can start a thread without a certain number of posts. As your user name is showing as unregistered, I would just register again and create a user name, by following the registration prompts very carefully. Go to wdwinfo.com to register. Look down the column on the lefthand side of the page to register, and to get information about the disboards.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:30 PM   #952
mickiecake
I TOLD you not to eat that McDonald's crap!!!

Hi Everyone!

I'm so glad I found this message board!! Me, my husband, and our 8 year old twins are going to DisneyWorld in Feb 08.. we are SOOOOO exited!!! They have never been, and I haven't been since I was a child!! I am so confused over which hotel, which tickets, which restaurants... I know I can fine some great info here!!

And yup, my real name is Mickie
mickiecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:04 PM   #953
mel&me
Hello from New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiecake View Post
I'm so glad I found this message board!! Me, my husband, and our 8 year old twins are going to DisneyWorld in Feb 08.. we are SOOOOO exited!!! They have never been, and I haven't been since I was a child!! I am so confused over which hotel, which tickets, which restaurants... I know I can fine some great info here!!

Oh, I am sure you will find all the info you need right here
mel&me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 07:41 AM   #954
Unregistered

Unhappy Monitors

Can anyone tell me how to contact a board monitor? My efforts at getting assistance on still ongoing -

thanks.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:11 AM   #955
DisneySuiteFreak
DIS Veteran

How do I subscribe to a thread with daily notification?

I set the thing to give me daily notification on several threads where I posted and I haven't gotten any notifications. Prior to that I left it at the default and I would get emails everytime someone would reply to the same post -- that's a bit much for me. Help please...
DisneySuiteFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 08:58 AM   #956
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiecake View Post

Howdy Mickie! Welcome Welcome Welcome!

Yes, lots of good info to find and lots of helpful people :-] We're going for the first time in Jan '08 so I'll hopefully be able to post a trip report before you head out
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
Old 08-19-2007, 01:45 PM   #957
diz_kid 777
Mouseketeer

Hey, everyone! Long-time lurker and first-time poster. Looking forward to hanging out with all of you here and getting some more great information!!

Nov 1999 -- First time to Disneyland! 2 days -- Off Property ---- March 2001 -- WDW 1 day -- Off Property ---- March 2002 -- 1 day at Epcot w/the grandparents ---- Nov 2004 -- WDW 3 days -- Off Property ---- June 2005 -- WDW 2 days -- Off Property (College Graduation!! ) ---- Sept 2006 -- WDW 6 days -- AS Movies ---- Sept 2007 -- WDW 8 days -- AS Sports ---- Dec 2008 -- WDW 7 days -- POFQ ---- Dec 2009 -- WDW 9 days -- POFQ

diz_kid 777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:21 AM   #958
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diz_kid 777 View Post
Hey, everyone! Long-time lurker and first-time poster. Looking forward to hanging out with all of you here and getting some more great information!!
Welcome welcome welcome!

Going next month aye? Hope you have lots of fun!!!
Old 08-20-2007, 11:49 AM   #959
diz_kid 777
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmrmustard View Post
Welcome welcome welcome!

Going next month aye? Hope you have lots of fun!!!

Thanks so much for the kind welcome! My boyfriend and I are leaving on the 18th for The World. Getting absolutely giddy over here!! I just moved to a new city, and right now getting out to WDW is my stabilizer. Can't wait to go "home."

Nov 1999 -- First time to Disneyland! 2 days -- Off Property ---- March 2001 -- WDW 1 day -- Off Property ---- March 2002 -- 1 day at Epcot w/the grandparents ---- Nov 2004 -- WDW 3 days -- Off Property ---- June 2005 -- WDW 2 days -- Off Property (College Graduation!! ) ---- Sept 2006 -- WDW 6 days -- AS Movies ---- Sept 2007 -- WDW 8 days -- AS Sports ---- Dec 2008 -- WDW 7 days -- POFQ ---- Dec 2009 -- WDW 9 days -- POFQ

diz_kid 777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 06:14 PM   #960
One Small Step
Earning My Ears

Wink New Member

Hello fellow Disney fans! I am new to the board, but wish that I had discovered it earlier! My family and I have just returned from our magical vacation at the Grand Floridian and I am still floating on pixie dust! Just wanted to introduce myself and make sure that I've gotten my profile set up correctly! Look forward to getting to know you and learning more about Disney and planning magical vacations in the future

1970 Disneyland-California
1995 WDW offsite
1997 Tokyo Disneyland
1999 Disneyland-Cali
2000 EuroDisney Paris
2003 WDW Yacht Club
2007 WDW Grand Floridian
One Small Step is offline   Reply With Quote