Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2007, 12:14 PM   #931
Goofers

I'm an off and on lurker. Whenever we have a trip planned, basically. Got a combo anniversary, birthday trip coming up.
Goofers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:56 PM   #932
Lewanc
DIZZIE FOR DISNEY.......(JUST LOVE THE PLACE).. DISNEY VET 100+ VISITS 1971 TILL FOREVER!!!!

Location: LONGWOOD, FL ..... (25 MIN. FROM MICKEY) ....... YEAH!!! YEAH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TReeves913 View Post

Hello! This is my first time to the DIS Boards. I am a DVC member and booked my 2nd vacation (with family members) for next month at OKW. I would have loved to have booked the 3 bedroom grand villa, but was 4 points short. If I wanted to rent 4 points, is this the place to find out how???
- Teresa
Hi Teresa -- Welcome to the Boards. There is some information regarding points for sale by clicking on Dis Home at the top of this page, or directly at www.wdwinfo.com. On the lefthand side of the home page, go down the list until you find DVC/Timeshare, click here to get to the timeshare home page, you will then be able to get the information you need. By the way, the grand villas are really nice for a large group, plenty of space and privacy for all. If you're lucky to get the 4 points you need, I'm sure you and your family will enjoy it - I'll keep my fingers crossed that Tinker Bell will spread some pixie dust your way, even before you arrive at the Magic Kingdom.

Have a great trip!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2007, 07:44 PM   #933
Brenna&Noah's Mom
Mouseketeer

Hi!I'm new to the board.I have been lurking and decided to join.Seems like a great place with great advice!! My family and I are planning a trip to WDW in 08' so I love all the info!

Disneyland Hotel Resort 2008
Animal Kingdom lodge 2010 Christmas
Brenna&Noah's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:08 AM   #934
Ebony & Ivory

Hi there! We have decided that we want to head your way after Xmas, maybe over New Year. Wondering about renting a car and staying off property, cuz we want to do other stuff too....
What do you all think?

Oh, 5 of us, 3 teen boys.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:45 AM   #935
HappyTap
I Tap... What do You Do?

So Happy To Be here!

Just checking in... love the board!
HappyTap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:16 PM   #936
Lewanc
DIZZIE FOR DISNEY.......(JUST LOVE THE PLACE).. DISNEY VET 100+ VISITS 1971 TILL FOREVER!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebony & Ivory View Post
Hi there! We have decided that we want to head your way after Xmas, maybe over New Year. Wondering about renting a car and staying off property, cuz we want to do other stuff too....
What do you all think?

Oh, 5 of us, 3 teen boys.

Hi There -- In response to your query, below are three sources for vacation rentals within a few miles of Disney.

VRBO.com are vacation rentals by owners whereby in most cases, you deal directly with the owner. Most requre a 7 day stay, but some will negotiate length of stay. You will be able to view the accommodations and pick the unit you want, and that will be what you get when you arrive.

All Star Vacation Homes.com operates in the same way, other than they are a management company representing the owners. I have used both of these companies when arranging vacations for out of town family and friends when they wanted off property accommodations. The best part, if you were spending $350.00 a night for a deluxe room at Disney, these companies offer a private villa, complete with swimming pool, some with game rooms, 2-7 bedrooms, fully equipped kitchens, and the list goes on depending on the property. You will find the pricings to be varied and in some instances, lower than Disney rates depending on the property you choose.

Lakestarhouse.com -This too is a private villa rented by a very nice lady by the name of Carol Saysell. The house is 3,600 square feet, with 3 master bedrooms each with a full bath and 3 additional bedrooms and all the other amenities you could want in a home. You might not need all the space, but when you consider the cost of a deluxe at Disney, I think the choice is a no brainer unless someone just wanted to stay on property. I have found Carol's pricing to be lower than that for the same type offerings in Formosa Gardens, which is probably the most upscale of the Kissimmee rentals. Should you choose Carol's place, tell her you were referred by LeWan Chisley.

We have found the off property rentals to be much more advantageous, due to the space, allowing the kids to have their own area for relaxation after a day in the park, and the ability to have snacks and some meals at the villa, lessening the cost of Disney food. There are grocery and drug stores near by to do your shopping. If you care to venture up the road from your villa, you can also find a Walmart. In some instances when staying for a week, you can choose between a 7 day car rental or pool heat. I would suggest pool heat the end of December and January, as the weather can sometimes be a little chilly, but you could play it by ear, check the weather before you come, and make your decision upon arrival. Some units have pool heat as a part of the rental cost, so nothing is really standard.

The rental area you are seeking is Kissimmee - Developments include Emerald Island, Formosa Gardens, & Rolling Hills. I only list these as I have personal knowledge of the villas, their upkeep, quality, etc. and have had no problems when renting from either. You will find many more rentals as you peruse through the listings, which I am sure will be satisfactory. The developments I have mentioned are within a 5 -10 minute trip to Disney by car, depending on traffic. There is also a "side road" you can take which aleviates taking the main 17-92 highway to the Disney main gate.

If by chance, you can't find something from the above offerings, just e-mail me and I will give you more suggestions. Have a great vacation.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:00 PM   #937
mbautista11
Earning My Ears

Thanks for welcoming me here!!!
mbautista11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:31 PM   #938
mbautista11
Earning My Ears

I am still earning my ears.
mbautista11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 05:27 PM   #939
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterPete View Post
Congratulations! You've found your way to the largest and liveliest Disney discussion forums on the web!! We have more than 40 forums here dealing with everything from Disney theme parks, resorts, restaurants, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland and much, much more.

This forum is designed to help our new visitors navigate their way around our site, and our discussion forums. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have about our guidelines, forums or any of the information we have contained on our web site. We're glad you've chosen to join us and hope you will stay around a while!

Pete Werner
Webmaster
Hi I am Happy to be here.I have wasted many years by not joining you.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:23 PM   #940
HB_Gibbs
Earning My Beard

Hello,

I love D-Land so I thought I might as well join a forum dedicated to it. I go to D-Land as much as I can. Im saving up for a pass right now. Of all my memories of going to D-Land, my favorite are going on Space Mountain for the first time, and being able to get into Club 33. I look forward to posting here.
HB_Gibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 03:33 PM   #941
jester911
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up Introduction

Hello to all you great and crazy DISers.
I am amdmittedly a DIS junky. Or lurker if you will. I though that the time was right to finally intruduce myself along with my crew.
DH me along with DW have four little DS. 5,4,3,3 yup the last two are identical twin boys.
I am planning on a trip to the world in late 2009. I know a long way off. But with the ages of the little ones. I thought it best that the twins would be 5 yrs old and be able to enjoy it that much more. My oldes boy will celebrate his 8th in Disney. Can't beat that.
I have read as much as I can. I contnue to rad several hours a day. The onformation on this site is truly mindboggling and so informative it is truly scary. I am sad and not ashamed to say that I was a complete rookie. I now am very grateful to the knowledge that I have gained on this site. You guys are unbelievable to share so many tips and suggestions. Strategies guidance. I have been enjoying more that I thought I would the trip reports of fellow DIS fanatics. Particually the ones with children and of most importance the ones from the parents with the bravery to go down to Disney with four kids. All there own or a mixture of friends and relatives. I Salute you.
I am glad I found this site and will continue to read and read. I would love to hear from you fellow DISers who have ventured forth with kids in tow. Tips and challenges abroad.
Again.
Thanks for sahring all your wisdom to a rookie at disney. I have been there before in my youth. And again with my parent back in 1990. I still remember the Ninja turtle had a show on. Yup I am dating myself here.
jester911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 03:41 PM   #942
jester911
Earning My Ears

Smile

I am so sorry for the spelling of that last message. Just excited about posting for the first time.
Cheers
J
jester911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 04:28 PM   #943
Jackson's LaLa
Earning My Ears

First time posting here. We are planning a trip in November and thought I would research and get some good tips.
Jackson's LaLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:49 PM   #944
mickeymyfavorite
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone!

1st I'd like to say I love the DIS BOARDS. Thanks for all the wonderful info!

Can someone please tell me were I can find a list of abreviations, so I know what I'm reading, thanks for all your help.
Aug 98’ ASSP ~ Aug 00’ POFQ ~ Aug 04’ POFQ ~ July 05’ POFQ ~ Nov 05’ CBR ~ July 06’ CBR ~ Nov 06’ CSR ~ July 07’ POFQ ~ Nov 07’ AKL ~ April 08’ ASMO ~ July 08' AKL ~Nov 08' SSR ~ April/May 09' CSR ~ Sept 09' BWV ~ Nov 10' CBR ~ Aug 12' AKL ~ May 13' CBR ~ July 13' POLY~ March 14' CR
mickeymyfavorite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:51 PM   #945
Lewanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymyfavorite View Post
Hi Everyone!

1st I'd like to say I love the DIS BOARDS. Thanks for all the wonderful info!

Can someone please tell me were I can find a list of abreviations, so I know what I'm reading, thanks for all your help.

Hi There -- Welcome to the boards, good to have you aboard. To get an abreviations list, click on Dis Home at the top lefthand corner of this page. This will take you to the Dis Home page. Go down the lefthand side of this page until you see abreviations, click on it, you will be able to make a copy for future reference. The more you learn about the resorts and parks, the easier it will be to interpret abreviations used by others on the boards.

Hope this helps.