Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2007, 11:03 PM   #901
crdeere
Earning My Ears

New to Board

Hey all--I have been to DisneyWorld many times as an adult. Also as a teacher we came several times for the annual "senior trip". I am planning a trip for April of 08 with my youngest neice who will be 8. She came with me and her mom (not a park person) her older brother and my brother and his daughter in 06. We had a good time but she missed some of the fun things I had done with my nephew and neice on a previous trip. I hope navigating the board will be easy.

Caroo

crdeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 06:39 AM   #902
Vicky1707
Earning My Ears

Hi, Im new to the diss board, can anyone direct me to any instruction on how to use the forum, I believe I cant reply on the forum for a while?
Vicky1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2007, 01:18 PM   #903
Artoo
Mom to a beautiful African Grey

Just wanted to officially say "hello". I've been on here about a week, but have never come onto this thread (too busy checking out great WDW photos!). I love this board! Not only is it very helpful and full of great ideas, but everyone on here seems so so nice!!!

Artoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:02 AM   #904
Vicky1707
Earning My Ears

Hi Artoo,
Thanks for the intro. I see you are getting married soon, we got married Sep 05 with Florida honeymoon, 2 weeks in Orlando and a week in St Petes. We had planned a full disney wedding originally but some family couldnt make it so we changed our plans and got married the day before we flew.
Also we were meant to stay at Port Orleans but just before we went they told us the swimming pools were all being renovated, so we ended up at the World Centre Marriott and I have to say it was absolutely fantastic! Its a conference hotel but it didnt bother us, we had complete privacy and it was an amazing hotel and setting and we were treated really well. It was so good we wish we had stayed for the full three weeks and not bothered with St Petes, it was rubbish, apart from a few really good retaurants.

Following our honeymoon, we had a little bundle of joy nine months later so we havnt been back since, but we are booked now to go for Christmas and New year this year and we are bursting with excitement! And the DIS board has really helped us plan our trip.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:27 AM   #905
RockMouse
Earning My Ears

Hello

Hi Everybody. I've been visiting for years now and thought I'd join so that I could participate in this GREAT forum.
RockMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 02:46 PM   #906
Mouse House
Earning My Ears

Just wanted to say "Hi". Like the previous poster I have been lurking for what seems like forever. Love the boards and the wonderful information.
Thanks
Mouse House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:55 PM   #907
Lewanc
DIZZIE FOR DISNEY.......(JUST LOVE THE PLACE).. DISNEY VET 100+ VISITS 1971 TILL FOREVER!!!!

Location: LONGWOOD, FL ..... (25 MIN. FROM MICKEY) ....... YEAH!!! YEAH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasmineRocks! View Post
HELLO! I'm new. Looking forward to talking to people who are just as excited as I am about going to Disney. I'm sure all of my friends are sick of hearing about it!

Hi Jasmine -- Just wanted to say Welcome. You have definitely come to the right place to share you excitement about Walt Disney World. Members of the disboards love to talk about Disney, and never tire of the subject.

As you read the different threads, you will find most people are repeat visitors, year after year, and some with multiple visits per year. I too am a repeat offender as I live about 25 mintues from the "World", and find myself there a couple of times or more per month, even if to do nothing more than dine and enjoy the scenery.

People who don't love Disney as most disboards members do, can't understand the enthusiasm and excitement shared by Disney Lovers. Many think Disney is just the parks and geared to children, but Disney has so much to offer for adults too. Most disboards members agree that once you get bitten by the Disney bug, there is no remedy or cure. Most find themselves planning the next vacation quite often before the current one has ended. You will find disboards members to be very friendly, and will go out of their way to answer questions that will help you have a great vacation.

Hope you have a wonderful time on your September trip, the weather shouldn't be as hot and humid as it is now. Have a great day!!!
Old 07-13-2007, 05:24 PM   #908
Jigawatt
Earning My Ears

After many attempts by my wife (stitch27 on this board) to get me to register here... here I am!

I just finally made my first Disney World trip back in May for my honeymoon... and fell in love with it more than I ever thought I could. I'm 27 years old, and felt more like a giddy 7 year old at times. She alwys thought it was a travesty that I had never been there, so she suggested that we honeymoon there, and I'm so glad that we did.

Already looking forward to going back!
Jigawatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:35 PM   #909
baloo's girl
Mouseketeer

Hello All,
I've been lurking here for about 2 weeks! I am amazed and totally obsessed with this board. And let me say, the people here are so friendly and helpful.

I am planning a trip for early December '08 for my family. Dh thinks I'm a bit nuts with planning so early. Every day I have to give him updates about new things I've learned about Disney and the planning process. LOL

I've been to Disneyworld 3 times- '89, '94, and '98. And I've been to Disneyland once '00. This will be my first trip with dh and children-who will be 6 1/2 and 3 1/2 in 12/08. It's going to be hard to wait that long. But the planning process will keep me busy until then.

I'm sure I'll have a gazillion questions before all is said and done.

Thanks for providing a haven for us disney fans!

baloo's girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:07 AM   #910
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Hey Jigawatt, welcome to the boards! I'm sure WDW was a fantastic place to honeymoon at

And Hello to Baloo's Girl! No, you're not nuts for starting your planning so early. We're going in Jan of '08 and I've been planning since the fall of 2006
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
mnmrmustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:55 AM   #911
ginnibobb
Mouseketeer

Hi to everyone!
We have been scoping out the boards for about a year. My sisterinlaw turned us on to it. There is sooo much great information here, I dont know how we would have planned our trip without it! Our family lives in PA and will be taking our first disneyworld trip in September and I cant wait!

ginnibobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:02 PM   #912
cyre
Also known as Purple Crate Girl ;)

How many posts do you need to be able to PM someone?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-18-2007, 03:59 PM   #913
TwinsandQuads
Mouseketeer

you can PM at any time just click on the person you want to pm and you should be able to do it that way I don't know if there is any other way that is how I do It I hope I Helped

[/CENTER]
TwinsandQuads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:20 PM   #914
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

You need at least 10 in order to PM.
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:29 PM   #915
cyre
Also known as Purple Crate Girl ;)

Quote: