Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2007, 08:44 AM   #646
tristessaFL
Epcotaholic.

First post...

Hello! I'm Heather, 25 years old, and a newbie here, but not a newbie to message boards in general. I belong to more of them than I can really keep track of...so what's one more, right?

I've lived in the Orlando area for almost 17 years now. I moved down from Boston with my family when I was 9 years old. I'm not a huge fan of living here, but it does have a few perks. #1 for me is being so close to one of my favorite places in all of Florida...Epcot! I'm a huge sucker for World Showcase. As a matter of fact, I was just telling my DH that I could go to Epcot everyday for a month and never get sick of it! He agreed. I rarely go to any of the other parks because when I get an opportunity to go to WDW, I always choose Epcot. An exception to that was last month when my pre-teen cousins were in town. I offered to take them to one park of their choice (secretly hoping they would choose Epcot); of course they chose MK. We still had a blast though!

Oh! And DH is also a former CM! I guess that's pertinent info for this board. He started when he was 19 in custodial services on the overnight crew and cleaned the TTC for a few months, then moved to Main Street. He used to hose down the street on Main Street in the wee hours when no one else was there. A few months after that, he got his big break! They had auditions for characters, so he tried out and made it! So he did that for almost a year and loved it for the most part. He has lots of interesting stories from that time in his life. Hee! So between the two of us, we know a whole bunch about WDW.

Anyways, I'm glad to be here. Hope to meet many of you around these boards very soon!
tristessaFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:56 AM   #647
Tink3Belle
DIS Veteran

Here I go Again!

Thanks for welcoming me back I had almost 500 posts before I needed to change my username and found out I could not do it without reregistering it.
It was hard posting all those message since we had dial up. So here I go again!
Tink3Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2007, 10:46 AM   #648
car55
Mouseketeer

I agree with you on World Showcase. I spent hours there and still didn't see it all. what a great day.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:26 PM   #649
wishes_do_cometrue
Earning My Ears

world shoecase is in epcot right
wishes_do_cometrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:02 PM   #650
car55
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishes_do_cometrue View Post
world shoecase is in epcot right
: Yes it is. Its so amazing.
I hope you are going soon.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:25 PM   #651
katieandkerri'smom
Earning My Ears

Red face new to boards

Hello, new to boards but not to Disney will taking our two girl's in April,need to know how to insert countdown.Thanks in advance,have been gathering tips
for awhile before deciding to join.
katieandkerri'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:45 PM   #652
avasmom
Earning My Ears

First Post

Hello! Just seeing how this works!

My family of 3 is going in February, Staying at POFQ. I am SO Excited!

I've been reading on this board for a while, thanks for all of the valuable tips!!
avasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:56 PM   #653
pl'smama
A distant relation

Thumbs up I am so excited!!

It is wonderful to be here and great to read everyone's comments. I feel like this is a continuance of our WDW vacation from December 2006.

Avasmom, we stayed at POFQ and we loved it!! I would stay there again, in a heart beat.

Happy New Year!!
pl'smama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:19 AM   #654
car55
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl'smama View Post
It is wonderful to be here and great to read everyone's comments. I feel like this is a continuance of our WDW vacation from December 2006.

Avasmom, we stayed at POFQ and we loved it!! I would stay there again, in a heart beat.

Happy New Year!!
Isn' this great. I've been doing this since my trip in 2005. Stayed at CBR. It does continue the magic.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:22 PM   #655
Scambone
Mouseketeer

Hello everybody! Iíve lurked these boards for the longest time and now Iím actually a member! I started lurking in 2005 when my brother talked me into going to Disney for the first time and suggested this site. Now I canít get enough of this board! Anyways, how is everyone doing?
Scambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 05:28 PM   #656
pl'smama
A distant relation

car55, was that your last trip in 2005? I could go back right now and we only just got home a month ago!! I guess I am officially a fanatic now!!

Just a side question for you. How do you get the message you want to reply to to show up in your comment?

Thank you
Old 01-11-2007, 10:04 PM   #657
car55
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl'smama View Post
car55, was that your last trip in 2005? I could go back right now and we only just got home a month ago!! I guess I am officially a fanatic now!!

Just a side question for you. How do you get the message you want to reply to to show up in your comment?

Thank you
Hi, its easy to reply to a post. At the right side of the message box there is a little box that says quote. Click on that and my message will come up, than you can reply to it. As for my last trip it was in July 2005. A large family trip that we still talk about. I would like to try to go this summer. After I came home I was trying to find anything that reminded me of my trip. One of those things was the video of the top 7 must sees.( Do they still show that ?) For a while my cable provider was showing it. after they stopped I was looking for the video and my search took me here. I'm Hooked.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:07 AM   #658
swtnikki
DIS Veteran

Welcome all of you to the DIS! You're gonna love this site!
Old 01-12-2007, 02:54 PM   #659
TINK1
Earning My Ears

tour guide mike

Is anyone having a problem signing into Tourguidemike? I've been a member for quite a while and now all of a sudden I can't get to his website.
TINK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:11 PM   #660
pl'smama
A distant relation

Quote:
Originally Posted by car55 View Post
Hi, its easy to reply to a post. At the right side of the message box there is a little box that says quote. Click on that and my message will come up, than you can reply to it. As for my last trip it was in July 2005. A large family trip that we still talk about. I would like to try to go this summer. After I came home I was trying to find anything that reminded me of my trip. One of those things was the video of the top 7 must sees.( Do they still show that ?) For a while my cable provider was showing it. after they stopped I was looking for the video and my search took me here. I'm Hooked.

Thanks car55, I appreciate the help.

I recently met a lady at work who went to WDW a few weeks before me and now we have our trips in common (as well as this insesant need for all things Disney!!). But we chat about things that other people think is nuts. But it keeps the trip and memories alive!! Now, just flipping through our photos on the computer and watching the video of the fireworks brings me right back there. I hope you can get to go this summer. Do you have children? I have one daugther, aged three, almost four. She keeps asking when we can go back!!

Sorry, the laundry guys have no significance at this point, but I really wanted to try them!!