Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2014, 09:21 AM   #3616
croquepop
Earning My Ears

Talking How do I make a new thread?

Hello, I'm new to this... and have never planned a trip to Disney (Orlando)! The horror!!Ha!
Anyways, I'm looking to start a new thread to get advice from the pros.. First.. where to stay... I am looking at renting a condo outside of disney and renting a car to drive in to save some cash but I'm hesitant because we have a 3 year old and I don't want to end up in a slum in a horrid area that looks awesome online. I was looking for recommendations on places...?

Thanks.
croquepop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:31 PM   #3617
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Just go to the forum where you want to start your thread (this one would be your best choice), scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the New Thread button.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2014, 11:12 AM   #3618
soonerbeachbums
Earning My Ears

New folks

Hello from Oklahoma! We are heading to WDW in late September for our 2nd anniversary/pre-kids trip! This will be my first (very long awaited) trip and her 4th but she hasn't been in almost 10 years... She went there 3 times for National Cheerleading competitions so she is very excited to get to go and see everything! We are here for tips and advice to make our first trip a memorable one!!
soonerbeachbums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 12:21 PM   #3619
Kristina4109
DIS Veteran

WELCOME! I hope you have a fabulous trip!

Kristina4109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 12:27 PM   #3620
ComeUpToBrava
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone!

I'm really surprised it has taken me this long to post here because I've known about the site for a while, but for some reason I have just been a lurker until now. Since my first visit when I was three years old, my favorite attraction has always been Horizons (hence the screen name), and I've been a huge Epcot nerd ever since.

I was accepted into the Disney College Program in Fall of 2010, and was lucky enough to be a Tour Guide on The Great Movie Ride, as well as a Merchandise Cast Member at DHS. I'm currently a travel agent specializing in Disney Destinations.

My fiance and I are really looking forward to the GTKW Dis Meet coming up in June in Hershey, PA. Are any other new people planning to attend?
ComeUpToBrava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 01:38 PM   #3621
Raven0207
Earning My Ears

I'm Jeremy and I am the DH to AAshleySEG. We are Disney Fanatics which means we love everything Disney. We are DVC and AP members. I'm planning a PTR for a birthday trip for my lovely wife in October so I'm here to see if anyone can help fill in the gaps that I may forget to ensure she has an awesome trip.
Raven0207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:35 AM   #3622
PirateKing
Earning My Ears

First post on DIS board

Hey there, this is my first post here. Planning family vacation to the land of the mouse in June. Can't wait to get back. First started coming in the 1980's with parents and brothers. Always drove from NJ. First trip with my wife was in 1996 for our honeymoon. First trip with our kids was 2006. This will be our 3rd trip with the kids. We are staying at the Yacht Club. Love the pool and proximity to Epcot.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:35 PM   #3623
StarNomad123
Earning My Ears

Hello!
StarNomad123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:17 PM   #3624
Maleficensational
Earning My Ears

Hello all! I've lurked on these boards long enough; I figured it was finally time to join! I'm going on my 6th Disney trip this fall and planning my 7th for next summer. I look forward to many, many hours spent reading these boards!
Old 05-19-2014, 03:31 PM   #3625
MonsterWDWmom
DIS Veteran

Hi I have been on the boards for about a year now and I finally want to start a PTR and a TR but have no idea how to start a new forum. Does anyone know and can help?

A December 2013 Trip report "I'd rather be sick at Disney than at home! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post51587193 (Completed)

Current Trip report : http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52350787

MonsterWDWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 07:45 AM   #3626
shystalips
Mouseketeer

Maybe someone can help me, how do I add my ticker to all of my posts? TIA
shystalips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:03 PM   #3627
Panakin
In a galaxy far far away

Hi

I've been lurking for a while now and figured it's time to actually step out and say hello.

Love the show and all the podcast team and I'm excited to be part of the Dis family

Victoria
Panakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:22 PM   #3628
MonsterWDWmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shystalips View Post
Maybe someone can help me, how do I add my ticker to all of my posts? TIA
Hi to add a ticker click on mine and it will bring you to a page where you can select tickers. In the top Left corner you will see a link that says Vacation Countdown click on that and then you will be brought to a page that has you select your background. Once you select it scroll all the way down and click on "Select your slider" (Step 2). Once you click on that you can select the slider again after scroll all the way down and click on Step 3 which is where you will enter your text and vacation dates. Once those completed you submit it and the last page will give you different links to add to your signature. I can't remember which on work on the disboards but try each and preview them before saving onto your signature.

Also you can access your signature under the User CP menu at the top of the page, look in your control panel and you will find "edit signature" this is where you will copy the links that were given to you after you made the ticker.

Hope this helps and wasn't too confusing!

A December 2013 Trip report "I'd rather be sick at Disney than at home! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post51587193 (Completed)

Current Trip report : http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52350787

MonsterWDWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:57 PM   #3629
Jaegermouster
Earning My Ears

My Mother's friend told me about this place and I'm go glad she did! this looks like a great board for discussion, information, and vacation stories and adventures!
Jaegermouster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:51 PM   #3630
hurricane
Earning My Ears

I'm new

I've never used a forum before... checking all this ou!!!
hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote