Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #2956
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFBelle View Post
Hi! Quick question... How do you get the ability to post a photo for yourself? And how are you able to change the earning my ears title under your name?
You can change the words under your name to anything you want. The titles like Earning My Ears are the default. Go into User CP/ Edit Details and you can put what you want in the Custom User Title section. Many people put something else there. What you can't do it make it in color or move-- only our Tag Fairy can do that and if you mess with the Custom User Title after she makes it pretty then you will lose what she wrote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
The title under your name is determined by how many posts you have, so you're not able to change it yourself (I don't know what the levels are, but I would imagine you can find it somewhere under FAQs.)

As for posting a picture, if you're talking about under your name, click on User CP, then select Edit Avatar under Settings & Options. If you're talking about at the end of your posts (like in lovetoscrap's post), select Edit Signature under Settings & Options.

ETA: I just took a closer look at lovetoscrap's post, and realized that she has links that show how to do those things.
Except how to make your own Custom User Title! I had to go in and try to remember how to do that.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:49 PM   #2957
Hungergames24
Disneyfreak

Hi Everyone!

Hi Everybody! I'm brand new to the Dis boards And I love it and I love reading TR's!!!!
Hungergames24 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2012, 11:42 PM   #2958
dstupper
@dstupper

Aloha Farmland Fun Family, I am fairly new on here as well. We live in Hawaii, and are working to plan a Disneyland trip soon...working that out now. Trying to get into that Grand Cal with DVC points. As we are out here, we hob-nob @ Aulani alot, so if you have any questions about Aulani, dont be shy

Live in Kapolei HI, Love spoiling my 5 year old Princess
dstupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #2959
AndreeaScott
Mouseketeer

Hello. I'm new here and hopefully I will help the community.
AndreeaScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:03 PM   #2960
lejen
Werking the Ears

n00b

Hey all, I'm a local to Orlando and so i'm new to the DISboards but definitely not to Disney. I'm a florida baby, and since i've been on here I just love the camaraderie that is here.

I've finally decided that I wanna be a part of this. :D

Looking forward to learning about youuuu.
lejen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #2961
grumpyfan83
Earning My Ears

Disney Information

this site is great
grumpyfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #2962
yoho843
Earning My Ears

I can't find any thread to address my question and hope you can help.
Today I posted replies to three Points for Rent posts and also sent PM's to each poster. I have read the guidelines and tried to post accordingly. However, I noticed that on all three posts there is a red circle at the bottom of the purple box which contains my username. I don't see this on any other posts. I did see one that was green, but most are gray. What does this mean? I found something about red being a "negative reputation", but it wasn't clear just what this means...doesn't sound good. How do I find out what the problem is? Perhaps this is why I am getting no responses.
I have successfully rented three times previously with no problems.
I would appreciate your response.
yoho843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:29 PM   #2963
siskaren
DIS Veteran

I positioned my cursor over the circle at the bottom of the box under your name (which on this board seems to be purple) and got a message that said "yoho843 is offline." I checked one of the threads you referenced and found one with a green circle which indicated "<name> is online now." I don't know what red might mean, but I would assume it's nothing to worry about since green and purple aren't.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:22 PM   #2964
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoho843 View Post
I can't find any thread to address my question and hope you can help.
Today I posted replies to three Points for Rent posts and also sent PM's to each poster. I have read the guidelines and tried to post accordingly. However, I noticed that on all three posts there is a red circle at the bottom of the purple box which contains my username. I don't see this on any other posts. I did see one that was green, but most are gray. What does this mean? I found something about red being a "negative reputation", but it wasn't clear just what this means...doesn't sound good. How do I find out what the problem is? Perhaps this is why I am getting no responses.
I have successfully rented three times previously with no problems.
I would appreciate your response.
That just indicates if you are online or not. Has nothing to do with a reputation and people rarely even look at that unless they are trying to track down a moderator!

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:47 PM   #2965
yoho843
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoscrap View Post
That just indicates if you are online or not. Has nothing to do with a reputation and people rarely even look at that unless they are trying to track down a moderator!
Thank you...I'm relieved! Guess anytime I'm looking at it, it will be red. LOL!
Old 03-28-2012, 11:49 PM   #2966
yoho843
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
I positioned my cursor over the circle at the bottom of the box under your name (which on this board seems to be purple) and got a message that said "yoho843 is offline." I checked one of the threads you referenced and found one with a green circle which indicated "<name> is online now." I don't know what red might mean, but I would assume it's nothing to worry about since green and purple aren't.
Thank you so much! Glad my reputation isn't tarnished.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #2967
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

New!

Hi everyone! I'm new here on DIS. Found the forum while searching for info on Disney World. We are planning our first trip. It's over a year away, but I want to learn as much as I can!

Missy13d69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:17 AM   #2968
jleeaconte
Earning My Ears

Hi I'm new here! Hoping to be planning our disney trip soon! Haven't been there in 20 years :O
jleeaconte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:35 AM   #2969
LovesPineappleFloats
Sipping a Pineapple Float in Adventureland :)

Hi all...I'm new here! We belong to several other Disney related sites and have been lurking here a while. Finally decided to join and see what it's all about. We are owners at BLT for about a year or so now, and we absolutely LOVE Disney!
LovesPineappleFloats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #2970
scigeek
Earning My Ears

Smile New

Found DIS boards when lookin for somewhere to swap my morrisons disney cards and am enjoyin lookin at the all the threads and remembering my hol to WDW in 2003, makes me really want to go back soon

sg
scigeek is offline   Reply With Quote