Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2012, 01:52 AM   #2911
sadarmy
Earning My Ears

Quick hello

Been lurking for more than a year and decided to join today. Me and my family (wife and 5 year old daughter) are Disney addicts. We have been going to Disney parks since the birth of our daughter (2007) and been to Disney Cruise (Wonder - Feb 2011) once. We're headed to Disneyland on February 24 to celebrate my daughter's 5th birthday and just booked Disney cruise (Magic) this coming May. I thought I drop in and say hello.
sadarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:05 AM   #2912
kacieb2111
Earning My Ears

So excited to join! I have been going to disney for years and love the discussions on this site.
kacieb2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #2913
keenix19
Earning My Ears

Hello!

I've been lurking on these boards for a few weeks now, trying to get up the nerve to actually post. I'm a huge Disney fan, but I've never been to WDW. We're planning our first trip down there (me, DH, and our daughters, ages 7 and 3) in May, and I'm overwhelmed with all the info that is out there for planning the trip. These boards are a godsend! I'm excited to learn more.

keenix19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:02 PM   #2914
TuneTownMagic
DIS Veteran

Hey there!

Hi everyone,

It is really nice to see this thread. I joined a little over a year ago but was really not sure where to start as the boards are so vast and exciting and there are so many topics. I have posted a little bit, but glad to truly introduce myself here! Love the community and have been reading disboards from quite some time now and finally decided to join in on the fun upon recommendation from a friend.

I love Disney World and try to go every year if I can, but the long term goal is to visit all the theme parks in the world!

Thanks for the disboards welcome
TuneTownMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #2915
Cinderella's slipper
A cross between Cinderella and Winnie the Pooh - "uniquely me"

Tune Town Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuneTownMagic View Post
Hi everyone,

I love Disney World and try to go every year if I can, but the long term goal is to visit all the theme parks in the world!

Thanks for the disboards welcome
Hi I love your screen name. Best of luck in your quest to visit all the theme parks in the world. Happy Travels

Linda ~~WDW Commando Club #200
October 1982 offsite -- October 1986 offsite
Many trips in between -POFQ -- Disney World Land & Sea Cruise Poly, Sept 2001 -- POR, Sept 2002 -- Disneyland, Aug 2005 --Shades of Green, Feb 2008 -- Dreams Come True Trip, AKL, Oct 2009 --POFQ, Sept 2011 -- Pop Century, Oct 2012 -- Offsite, March 2014 an all girls trip.
Cinderella's slipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:05 PM   #2916
JessNewbs
Mouseketeer

First post

Hi, this is my first post as I have only just joined. Am heading to Disney in September 2013 for my first Disney visit and my first overseas holiday all the way from Australia!!

JessNewbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:34 PM   #2917
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Bonjour!

It has been really nice to read through this board, and everyone seem fabulous. I have been lurking since about 2007 reading the boards, and just recently joined since a friend continually talks highly about the community.

I haven't been to Walt Disney World since 2002 when I was little, but still remember it to this day.

Thanks, and Have a Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:09 PM   #2918
magathy
Earning My Ears

Hi all! I've been going to WDW since I was a little kid, but somehow only just discovered DISboards. I'm looking forward to learning from all of you!
magathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:13 PM   #2919
pinkiesup
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone!

I'm Colleen and I have been loving everything Disney and going to Disney World for as long as I can remember. I've been lurking for a while now in my search for Disney World insight for future trips and now I have decided to join too and share my own insight too!

Have a Magical Day/Night/Whatever it is where you are!
pinkiesup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:56 AM   #2920
deserrai
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! I'm another previous lurker that decided to finally join. I lived in Kissimmee as a child and loved my trips to the Magic Kingdom and EPCOT with my grandmother. I still live in Florida, but further away so we try to go once or twice a year. I have two daughters, 17 and 2. Get to experience it all through the little ones eyes again! Loving it!

deserrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #2921
WDWAJ
Earning My Ears

Hello! I just found this site and it looked really cool so I decided to join! I am a huge disney fan and have been to WDW atleast 50 times in my 18 years so I am really excited to discuss any Disney related topic with other fans!
WDWAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #2922
Muslickz
Mouseketeer

Welcome guys and gals you will find some great informative things on here and everyone is sooo nice and helpful... there are some great deals to find too... I was so happy to find this place....

-M
Old 02-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #2923
WDW Beets ALL
Earning My Ears

Sticky?

I've been trying to locate what a "sticky" is? Can someone please help. I've been a member for a few years but I didn't really get into it as much as I seem to be now, now that I am planning a trip. Someone said the stickys are a great thing to read daily but I'm not sure what they are. I've tried "sticky" in the search but no help. Please and Thank you. Have a magical day!!!
WDW Beets ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:24 PM   #2924
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Stickies are the threads that are "stuck" at the top of each forum, just like this one is. They remain at the top of the thread no matter how often they are posted on. They also say "Sticky" before the thread title.

There are also Announcements that you may see at the top of the forum before the thread title section starts. Sometimes there is information on current WDW deals there. Also any news and major announcements usually shows up on our main forum page (www.disboards.com) at the very top. Also you can check out our information site www.wdwinfo.com for information you need for planning.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:54 PM   #2925
JustLikeBelle
Earning My Ears

Hello!

Hello all! I'm a newbie...this is my first post! Hope I'm doing this right! I have lurked for about a year (mostly on trip reports and dining reviews.) I love me some Disney food! I am very excited to be a part of the disboards community!
2010: Port Orleans French Quarter
4/2012: Pop Century & 11/2012: Boardwalk Villas/Beach Club
5/2013 Caribbean Beach & Animal Kingdom Lodge!!!
Coming Up: September 2013 Boardwalk Villas!!

Find me on twitter: MaelstromFan
JustLikeBelle is offline   Reply With Quote