Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2012, 12:14 PM   #2896
disneyboarder
Earning My Ears

Hi, everybody!

Just joined the forum and thought I'd post a quick hello!
disneyboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:38 PM   #2897
Cinderella's slipper
A cross between Cinderella and Winnie the Pooh - "uniquely me"

Hello and Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyboarder View Post
Just joined the forum and thought I'd post a quick hello!
This is a wonderful place for those of us who admit we are Disney addicts as well as those of us who are in denial. Seriously, you have joined one of the most knowledgeable Disney communities that exits today. Happy Planning.

Linda ~~WDW Commando Club #200
October 1982 offsite -- October 1986 offsite
Many trips in between -POFQ -- Disney World Land & Sea Cruise Poly, Sept 2001 -- POR, Sept 2002 -- Disneyland, Aug 2005 --Shades of Green, Feb 2008 -- Dreams Come True Trip, AKL, Oct 2009 --POFQ, Sept 2011 -- Pop Century, Oct 2012 -- Offsite, March 2014 an all girls trip.
Cinderella's slipper is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2012, 06:42 PM   #2898
Fun
Earning My Ears

New to forum!

I've been looking through the various post and this seems like a great forum to learn more from people... there are some great resources contributors have put together here!
Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:57 AM   #2899
Connie Elizabeth
Earning My Ears

This is my very first time posting on herei have never posted on any site for that matter. I am a Disney lover and frequently come on here to read trip reports. I would like to comment on some of these reports, but never have. I would love to learn how to make those icons at the bottom of a post that show a picture and how many months or days till next trip. Can anyone help? Also how to change my user name.
Connie Elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:44 AM   #2900
Crickey
Mouseketeer

Hello been lurking for a few months and thought what the hell i come on here every day now reading stories about the best place in the world

So hey i am Nick or Crickey as my username says i like in Plymouth England (Where the Mayflower set sail)

And me and my partner are going to Disney this year in September and can not wait
Crickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:59 AM   #2901
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie Elizabeth View Post
This is my very first time posting on herei have never posted on any site for that matter. I am a Disney lover and frequently come on here to read trip reports. I would like to comment on some of these reports, but never have. I would love to learn how to make those icons at the bottom of a post that show a picture and how many months or days till next trip. Can anyone help? Also how to change my user name.
Take a look at the FAQ and the Video Tutorial Threads found right below this one on the Welcome Board. They will help you out.

There is not a way to change your username. If you would like to choose something else you need to just register a new account with the name you would like to use. I would suggest you do that before you work on your signature and do very many posts. If you need help let me know.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:27 PM   #2902
Annabanana444
Earning My Ears

This site is great! There is sooo much to read!!! Thank you!
Annabanana444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:56 PM   #2903
hcollins
Earning My Ears

Hello :-)

My husband and I have been looking at your forums for a while and I decided to join up today.

I love going to Disney World, and I basically plan my whole life around it.

Planning on going again March 25-28 2012!
May 2013-Polynesian

We are mixing it up this year and going in May

hcollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:55 PM   #2904
Connie Elizabeth
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoscrap View Post
Take a look at the FAQ and the Video Tutorial Threads found right below this one on the Welcome Board. They will help you out.

There is not a way to change your username. If you would like to choose something else you need to just register a new account with the name you would like to use. I would suggest you do that before you work on your signature and do very many posts. If you need help let me know.
I tried to start a new account, but it says my email address is already registered. Is there a way to deactivate my account? Thank you for helping me
Connie Elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:35 AM   #2905
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie Elizabeth View Post
I tried to start a new account, but it says my email address is already registered. Is there a way to deactivate my account? Thank you for helping me
You will need to change the email address on this account first. You can use an email address that you don't use much or actually just make something up. Then you will be able to use your preferred email address to register a new name.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:35 PM   #2906
AJandtheBLT
Earning My Ears

Wow! This site is awesome! Hello everyone
AJandtheBLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #2907
AJandtheBLT
Earning My Ears

I'm still getting used to navigating around this site. Everyone seems to be using abbreviations that I am unfamiliar with...is there a page that lists these for us "newbies?"
AJandtheBLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:59 AM   #2908
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJandtheBLT View Post
I'm still getting used to navigating around this site. Everyone seems to be using abbreviations that I am unfamiliar with...is there a page that lists these for us "newbies?"
Here you go:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1660743
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #2909
holmes5
Earning My Ears

Pin Codes........hughhh?

New to this site. I've been reading a lot about people getting a pin code and I was just wondering where or how do I sign up to receive these codes? Please help!
holmes5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #2910
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes5 View Post
New to this site. I've been reading a lot about people getting a pin code and I was just wondering where or how do I sign up to receive these codes? Please help!
Check out the first post in this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1686236

Basically, there are things you can do to that may improve your chances, but no one really knows for sure how Disney decides who gets them.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote