Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2011, 07:15 PM   #2671
nsyncluvzme335

I was wandering how we look at the rental page for dvc members and how that works?
nsyncluvzme335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:04 PM   #2672
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsyncluvzme335 View Post
I was wandering how we look at the rental page for dvc members and how that works?
You first need to complete your registration by clicking on the link in the Confirmation email that has been sent to you.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2011, 07:57 AM   #2673
Cinderella's slipper
A cross between Cinderella and Winnie the Pooh - "uniquely me"

Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotMum View Post
I just wanted to say "hi". I just joined today and like others, am slowly finding my way around. There is a lot of information! Hopefully, I'll have all I need to get ready for our trip this winter.

-K

Hi and welcome. This is a wonderful resource for dreaming and planning. This site will help you get the most out of your Disney vacation, whether it is your first, or your next visit. Happy Planning

Linda ~~WDW Commando Club #200
October 1982 offsite -- October 1986 offsite
Many trips in between -POFQ -- Disney World Land & Sea Cruise Poly, Sept 2001 -- POR, Sept 2002 -- Disneyland, Aug 2005 --Shades of Green, Feb 2008 -- Dreams Come True Trip, AKL, Oct 2009 --POFQ, Sept 2011 -- Pop Century, Oct 2012 -- Offsite, March 2014 an all girls trip.
Cinderella's slipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:00 AM   #2674
Cinderella's slipper
A cross between Cinderella and Winnie the Pooh - "uniquely me"

DIS Boards

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_andi View Post
Hi everyone!

Poohbear, I was sorry to see that your upcoming visit to the World said cancelled. I am sending you some pixie dust and happy thoughts.

Linda ~~WDW Commando Club #200
October 1982 offsite -- October 1986 offsite
Many trips in between -POFQ -- Disney World Land & Sea Cruise Poly, Sept 2001 -- POR, Sept 2002 -- Disneyland, Aug 2005 --Shades of Green, Feb 2008 -- Dreams Come True Trip, AKL, Oct 2009 --POFQ, Sept 2011 -- Pop Century, Oct 2012 -- Offsite, March 2014 an all girls trip.
Cinderella's slipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:10 AM   #2675
chou4555
Just retired!

Hi Everyone!

Really looking forward to chatting around the various forums here. As I'm now retired I have a lot of time on my hands!
chou4555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:12 AM   #2676
ssuriano
DLR Cast Member

Glad I was turned on to DIS by a friend!
ssuriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:18 AM   #2677
chou4555
Just retired!

Hulloo

My name is Colin, andf the CHOU4555 of my name here comes from C=Colin, H=HOUghton and 4555 being my date of birth! Yes, just turned 56, and in semi-retirement. My boys are now 19 and 16, but they loved Disney when they were younger!

Have a great chat on here folks!
chou4555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #2678
baggies
Earning My Ears

First time as a family

Hi Everyone!! I'm Dan from Philly and am planning on going to the World in Nov. As the title says I'm doing it with my family for the first time. It'll be me, my wife, a 3yr old, and 6mo old daughters, my mom, and sister. We plan on staying at a family suite in Port Orleans Riverside. We also plan on hitting the Food and Wine Festival. Can you guys give me any tips on getting discount rates for our room and tickets? I'm hoping the free dining plan gets extended. Also what can youse tell me about what to do and expect with a 3yr old who LOVES the Princesses! Really any help I can get from all of you would be greatly appreciated as I've never planned a trip for a family! Thanks and I cant wait to hear from you!
baggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:14 AM   #2679
Joysnote
Mouseketeer

Welcome Dan!

I have been to WDW over 20 times, go 1-3 times a year. I look at mouse savers for specials offers, not sure I can post links here, but if you do a google search you should be able to find it. Also if you register at the officail Disney World site, and look at booking a package but don't they will often e-mail you back a special offer to use.

I think a suite is really expensive as well, way more than booking two seperate rooms, is there some reason you all want to be in one suite rather than 2 rooms? The only other thing is if you go to a deluxe room like at the Contemoporary their reg rooms would have 2 queens, a twin bed and a crib for the baby. I think if you found a discount code that would be cheaper than the POR suite and you would have a much better location, on the monorail loop and great views of Magic Kingdom.

I would also recomment making dining reservations at 1900 Park Fair at the Grand Floridian resort, which is also on monorail loop, just a couple stops from Contemporary. It is a buffet meal with Cinderella, Prince Charming and the step sisters and step mother. They all come to your table so your daughter can meet them, maybe even dance with the Prince and have picture taken and all of that.

Disneyland last trip August 2012, next March 2014 Paradise Pier

Walt Disney World
Moved to Orlando Aug 2011, now I go about every day!

Disney Cruise Line Last trip Wonder Mar 2013, Fantasy Oct 2014
Joysnote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:26 PM   #2680
kaytayprincess
Earning My Ears

Just want to say hello and I'm so happy to be a part of this message board. I've been to Disney World a few times. The most recent was in 2008 with my daugther for the first time. We have just booked a Disney cruise in January 2012 on the Magic. I am so excited I am completely overlooking our beach trip to Panama City this summer! I can't quit planning our cruise!!! Again, just wanted to say hello to everyone, I've enjoyed lurking for a few weeks now.
kaytayprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:02 PM   #2681
CaptainFlugle
Earning My Ears

Hi

Hi Everyone,
Fellow Disney fan here (and honorary bug) and Iím thrilled to be a member of this forum. Itís wonderful to find a site that has a goldmine of information and many Disney enthusiasts. Iím looking forward to learning and contributing to these boards. Later dudes and dudettes!!
Old 05-20-2011, 01:03 PM   #2682
Rumpletinker
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joysnote View Post
I think a suite is really expensive as well, way more than booking two seperate rooms, is there some reason you all want to be in one suite rather than 2 rooms? The only other thing is if you go to a deluxe room like at the Contemoporary their reg rooms would have 2 queens, a twin bed and a crib for the baby. I think if you found a discount code that would be cheaper than the POR suite and you would have a much better location, on the monorail loop and great views of Magic Kingdom.
Wow! One regular room at the Contemporary would have all that? What kind of discount would make it more affordable and where can we get it? That would be so cool to stay at a deluxe resort like that!
2010- Caribbean Beach (w/cousinbb)
2011- All Star Sports (w/cousinbb)
2011- Pop Century
2013- Port Orleans Riverside
Hey you! I'm into JESUS!

Rumpletinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:14 PM   #2683
bridalwear
Earning My Ears

supply formal dresses

We accet customer made orders, we can manufacture wedding dresses,wedding gowns,bridal dresses,bridal gowns,bride gowns, bridesmaid dresses, ball gowns, prom dresses, evening dresses, flower girl dresses, cocktail dresses in standard size or your measure. you can choose styles,size and colors. This is dresses factory. welcome to place orders online.
bridalwear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:06 AM   #2684
sbnewhampshire1
Mouseketeer

Unhappy Mickey Lamp Post

Hi, Where will I find the directions on how to make the Mickey Lamp Post?
Also has anyone had trouble booking for Christmas been trying since April and they are saying its full.
sbnewhampshire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:36 AM   #2685
Joysnote
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpletinker View Post
Wow! One regular room at the Contemporary would have all that? What kind of discount would make it more affordable and where can we get it? That would be so cool to stay at a deluxe resort like that!
Last year I got a 40% off code so it made the contemporary room $229 with tax. So comparable to a moderate room without a code. You have to look around for codes though, the DIS usually has them, mousesavers, allears and so on. When I look at the prices for suites they are usually more than twice a regular room.

Disneyland last trip August 2012, next March 2014 Paradise Pier

Walt Disney World
Moved to Orlando Aug 2011, now I go about every day!

Disney Cruise Line Last trip Wonder Mar 2013, Fantasy Oct 2014
Joysnote is offline   Reply With Quote