Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2011, 09:32 AM   #2596
2boyzmomma
Earning My Ears

I'm new and overwhelmed!

Hi! I'm brand new to this and am a little overwhelmed. I've been to Disney World several times, but I am now planning my first trip as a momma. My husband and two children have never been!!! Any tips on navigating this site would be much appreciated. I don't even know what questions to ask. I see there is a trip planning area, so I think I'll head there next...
2boyzmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:39 AM   #2597
THEVACATIONFAMILY
Mouseketeer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2boyzmomma View Post
Hi! I'm brand new to this and am a little overwhelmed. I've been to Disney World several times, but I am now planning my first trip as a momma. My husband and two children have never been!!! Any tips on navigating this site would be much appreciated. I don't even know what questions to ask. I see there is a trip planning area, so I think I'll head there next...
Do you know when you're going? There are discussions for different months and the resorts and dining. Just type up what you're looking for and there will be a thread for it, it's totally awesome here and I visit the boards every day. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask, everyone here is very helpful and friendly and will answer any question that you and your family may have. Have a Magical Day and enjoy the DISboards.

Halloween At Disney World!!!!!!
Who can ask for anything more?

THEVACATIONFAMILY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #2598
THEVACATIONFAMILY
Mouseketeer

Talking Welcome to all

Just to wanted to WELCOME ALL, who are new to DISboards. If there are any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask, I'm pretty sure there are people on the boards who will be more than happy enough to answer. I can possibly help as well, so WELCOME and may your trip be as happy and a terrific experience for you and your family. Have a Magical Day and Good Luck

Old 03-07-2011, 10:03 AM   #2599
physicalt104
Princess since the '50s

Location: Part-time Long Island, NY; part-time Killington, VT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2boyzmomma View Post
Welcome to you!! As THEVACATIONFAMILY `sez, there is something on the boards for each part of your planning: budget, when, how (car/plane), where, dining (including the DDP), attractions, shows, etc. The DISboards actually makes planning FUN and part of your vacation experience!!

Have a wonderful, magical trip.
physicalt104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:59 AM   #2600
Howard Roark 43
Earning My Ears

Feel'n A Wee Bit Ignorant

I'd like to say...where the heck did you folks come from...but as a guy who has been traveling, every year since 83, to Disney World...I'd be admitting that I have had no clue about how to travel to D.W....but that's what I'm doing...God, I feel ignorant...

Been booking blindly for years...and then I stumble upon this great web site.

For those of you laughing...you have right. For those of you shaking you heads and saying prayer for this travel sinner...much thanks.

Now its time to really learn how to travel to Disney World. We'll be heading back in November...so any suggestions would be much appreciated.

In the interim, I will have each my family members give me a good swift kick. No doubt they will happily oblige!
Howard Roark 43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:09 PM   #2601
THEVACATIONFAMILY
Mouseketeer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Roark 43 View Post
I'd like to say...where the heck did you folks come from...but as a guy who has been traveling, every year since 83, to Disney World...I'd be admitting that I have had no clue about how to travel to D.W....but that's what I'm doing...God, I feel ignorant...

Been booking blindly for years...and then I stumble upon this great web site.

For those of you laughing...you have right. For those of you shaking you heads and saying prayer for this travel sinner...much thanks.

Now its time to really learn how to travel to Disney World. We'll be heading back in November...so any suggestions would be much appreciated.

In the interim, I will have each my family members give me a good swift kick. No doubt they will happily oblige!
I like to Welcome you to DISboards and say congratulations on finding the boards. There is no need to worry, we all started the same way as you did, but once you search all these posts, you can get an idea of what to do and where to go and what to see. But you've been to Disney World before, so it's nothing new, its just you may find different things that you may have had no clue about. Also, if you type up November in the search box, you'll find other families that may be going the same week and or even staying in the same place as you. DISboards is truly wonderful and I have learned alot from being on here each and every day, well since we've booked our trip for August. So once again, we welcome you and congratulations. Have a Magical Day.

Old 03-13-2011, 12:39 PM   #2602
slboyd
Earning My Ears

WOW what a cool place!! We are planning our second trip to Disney World and appearently didn't know anything the first time!! AND this time we are traveling with some other families that is complicating our planning... plus we have some food allergies to contend with... and we just decided (yes spur of the moment is our style) to go this Spring Break (looking at April 10-16).

Whew I can tell I'll be busy reading for awhile on this site!!

Steph
slboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:44 PM   #2603
happypaws
Earning My Ears

Hi there! I'm new to the DIS boards, so I thought I post here first. I've been going to disney for years, but this is my first trip as an adult, without parents or school groups, so I've been obsessively planning things out since october. I am a medical student and am ready for a much needed break from northeast weather. I am so excited to re-live a bit of childhood and be back in disney at POR in 2 weeks!
Old 03-13-2011, 08:06 PM   #2604
sicjoy
Lovin' the Magic

Welcome happypaws! Easier said than done, but remember to R-E-L-A-X...enjoy your trip and time off from school. This is your time now.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:52 AM   #2605
chiucek
Earning My Ears

Hi there! im just new here. I've been in disney hongkong last year! and it was a blast! I've enjoyed it so much! Well, this is my first post. Please be nice to me.
chiucek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:40 AM   #2606
THEVACATIONFAMILY
Mouseketeer

Talking Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiucek View Post
Hi there! im just new here. I've been in disney hongkong last year! and it was a blast! I've enjoyed it so much! Well, this is my first post. Please be nice to me.
Welcome Chiucek, we all hope you get to enjoy DISboards the way we all do. Hope you find everything here that you will need to start planning your trips. If you have any questions, there are people on here who will be more than happy enough to answer or you may be able to use the search option and locate anything that you may need. Have a Magical Day and Enjoy.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:21 AM   #2607
Organic Cleaner
Earning My Ears

exicted to be here!
Organic Cleaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:16 PM   #2608
FrankieDplus3
Can't wait to go back!

I've been reading the DIS websites for more than 3 years and I can't believe the volume of information that is available. I needed info on an offsite property and made my first post three weeks ago; the DISers have been very supportive and responsive.

Glad to be part of the community. The support and direction is very helpful!
FrankieDplus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:03 PM   #2609
RevKjb
Mouseketeer

Hi folks,

Newer to DISBOARD and NEW DVD member...I want to add the pic that I'm an owner to my signature, but it doesn't have a URL, I want to upload it from my computer. How do I do that?

KJB
Canada

RevKjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:08 PM   #2610
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevKjb View Post
Hi folks,

Newer to DISBOARD and NEW DVD member...I want to add the pic that I'm an owner to my signature, but it doesn't have a URL, I want to upload it from my computer. How do I do that?

KJB
Take a look at the FAQ and Video Tutorial threads at the top of this page for instructions on how to do this. to the DISboards!

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote