Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2009, 07:53 PM   #1891
THEVACATIONFAMILY
Mouseketeer

Vacationing with little one's

My wife and I took our 3 and 14mo to DW for a few daysand our 3 DD loved it, she is still talking about it and we're going again in late September. Our 14mo had a terrible time, guess we should not have left her blanket in our resort room. Also, she was somewhat scared of the characters, but warmed up to them. All in all, we had a good time, but come September, we will have a great, magical time. Hope you have a great time as well. Enjoy yourself and have a magical vacation/ wedding DisneyJan10

Halloween At Disney World!!!!!!
Who can ask for anything more?

THEVACATIONFAMILY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:36 PM   #1892
Disney-Bride
Married my Prince on 6/9/07

new to the boards

Hi I am a newbie here. planning my familes first Disneyworld trip. I live on the west coast . A Disneyland season passholder. I am very excited to start planning. This board is great.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2009, 02:48 PM   #1893
xxcell
Who Took my Ears

Smile love this site

Thank You to all who run and maintain this site. We are newbies to the site,but have already found great information and got some great advice.
Everyone seems so friendly and nice.

Thanks for all your hard work!!!!
Old 05-24-2009, 03:57 PM   #1894
cosmicrays
Mouseketeer

Also new here.
cosmicrays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:37 PM   #1895
shannone
Mouseketeer

hey

Shannon Elizabeth

I'VE BEEN BOOED BY DISNEYFREAKJACKIE!
shannone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:50 PM   #1896
goofy&tigger2
Mouseketeer

Smile New here just saying Hello

Hi all just joined the Dis Board this weekend. My husband has been reading for a couple weeks. Still trying to figure everything out. I see several people asked about making the counter I want to do that too--will check out newbies Forum. Just wanted to say Hello! Going to WDW Aug. 2009 w/free dining plan--can't wait!
goofy&tigger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:40 PM   #1897
goofy&tigger2
Mouseketeer

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy&tigger2 View Post
Hi all just joined the Dis Board this weekend. My husband has been reading for a couple weeks. Still trying to figure everything out. I see several people asked about making the counter I want to do that too--will check out newbies Forum. Just wanted to say Hello! Going to WDW Aug. 2009 w/free dining plan--can't wait!
I went & made a banner not sure it it's set up right just checking.

DW DH and our furry babies
goofy&tigger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:25 AM   #1898
goopysolelady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToDisneyJan10 View Post
New to this board.

We are taking an unexpected vacation to Disney World in January 2010 for my BILs wedding (at Disney).

I haven't been to DW since I was 8, in the mid 1980s and at that time we only had one day to spend at the park.

DH and I have two daughters. One will be almost 3 and the other about 15m. I'm looking forward to tips and hints about enjoying the park with two young children.
WELCOME! How exciting ... a Disney Wedding AND first time visits for your children! Your 3 year old will have a ball; the younger one may be so-so. Just remember to take a favorite blanket, toy, whatever is needed to make your child feel secure. Don't know what your budget is but I would definately recommend staying at one of the resorts on the monorail. My absolute favorite is the Polynesian. It's quiet, peaceful and beautiful! Your main park will probably be the Magic Kingdom but you should enjoy Hollywood Studios (Playhouse Disney is LOTS of fun ... even for your youngest child) and Animal Kingdom as well. EPCOT may be a little to "grown-up" for your children but make an effort to enjoy it also. If you just take a stroll through the World Showcase countries (the ride in Mexico is fun for kids) and The Land and especially Living Seas would be fun for the children. The fireworks may scare the kids (during granddaughters 1st visit at age 4 her Dad would have to get her out of the parks before the fireworks began! ... or get her on a ride so she wouldn't hear the loud sounds) but if you stay at one of the monorail resorts you'd be able to see the fireworks without the really loud noises! Decide on at least one Character meal. They are such fun and you'll be able to get one-on-one attention from the characters ... and GREAT photos!
Do lots of research the next few months and you've gotten a good start by signing up on Disboards. I'd make a decision on which resort you want to stay at ASAP and get your reservations made. Purchase a WDW with Kids book and read it from cover to cover. You'll have so much fun planning and I promise you'll be as "hooked" on Disney, as we all are! Good luck!
goopysolelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:07 PM   #1899
W.E.D.
Haunted Mansion junkie

Hello to all! So excited I have found this place. I have been a fan of all things Disney since my first trip to WDW in 1976. Boy how things have changed in 30+ years.

I'm approximately the same age as the MK, so my wife has agreed that we will go sometime in 2011 for my, and the MK's, 40th. I'm already excited even though I'm two years out. Thank goodness I found this board!!
W.E.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:58 PM   #1900
flyguychi
WDW August 17th-22nd, 2008

Yay

So glad to finally join this lively group

DAY 1: Chicago to Orlando, DME to PORFQ, DAK Flame Tree BBQ for Lunch, Tusker House for Dinner
DAY 2: Hollywood Studios, Beach's and Cream for Lunch, Sci-Fi for Dinner
DAY 3: Magic Kingdom, Whispering Canyon Cafe for Lunch, Cosmic Ray's for Dinner
DAY 4: EPCOT, San Angel Inn for Lunch, Not Sure for Dinner
DAY 5: Water parks, Whatever We Missed
DAY 6: Pool in the Morning, Back to Chicago

CAN'T WAIT TO GO!
flyguychi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 01:07 PM   #1901
Maddie's Daddy
Earning My Ears

Just joined the boards! We're actively planning our trip to Disney in December (with almost 2 and almost 5 y/o daughters), and know that this will be a huge resource. looking forward to learning from all of you!
Maddie's Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 01:11 PM   #1902
Maddie's Daddy
Earning My Ears

I'm sure I'm just missing it, but is there a link to a thread that will teach me how to add a signature, add a banner, pick an avatar, etc? Thank you!
Maddie's Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:29 AM   #1903
Sunshine64
Earning My Ears

Oops. Double post.

Last edited by Sunshine64; 05-31-2009 at 10:30 AM. Reason: double post
Sunshine64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:30 PM   #1904
pinkblush
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to post another hello from a newbie poster! I am really enjoying reading all of the information and I am learning so much!
pinkblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:12 PM   #1905
IlikedolphinsAYE
Dolphin

Hey guys I'm not new to this site but this is my new account ( I didn't like the old one's name I made that one when I was like 12 ) now I'm 15 so I'm ilikedolphinsAYE :P.
IlikedolphinsAYE is offline   Reply With Quote