Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2009, 11:02 AM   #1801
PansGirl
Earning My Ears

Let me introduce myself...!

Hi all!
I'm enjoying a day off from work and stumbled upon this site- It looks soooo great! I'm a California dweller, land of the sun..and Disneyland!
Season pass holders and go as often as time and funds allow!

So, here I am and I hope to become part of this amazing network of Disney fans and fun..
Nice to "meet" you...!

PansGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:52 PM   #1802
j-ariel
Mouseketeer

did anyone help you yet? if not, go into your signature and edit and when you make the ticker make sure you copy and paste the entire thing of the url even the parenthesis, good luck, you can even click on someone elses to get to the site quicker, thats how i did it..
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2009, 07:48 PM   #1803
Amandamouseketeer
Earning My Ears

Hello from another newbie!

Thanks to all of you for your welcome and advice. I've been lurking for awhile, but have finally registered and this is my first post. I've been to WDW twice, but counting down to the first time in Oct. for DH and the rest of the family. God bless you all!

Amandamouseketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:23 PM   #1804
Brody
Earning My Ears

Hi

Just closed today. YEA!! Only took 4 weeks
Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:23 AM   #1805
Beavis
Waiting for the next TRIP

Hello to all Dis fans

Hello - I have been around but decided to join to get more information and help those with the info I have. I have been to WDW 5 times and hope to go 2 more times this year
Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:00 AM   #1806
RainBlanken
Mom of Three!

Smile Thank you and hello!

Just booked our airline tickets for a Land & Sea honeymoon cruise in October!

I have been lurking for more than a year, now. This board has been the source of many tips, tricks and undiscovered secrets that have saved us tons of money and led us in the direction of worry-free fun. I'm finally posting actively, mostly to say thank you and share our experiences!

Our first trip was last September and we did seven nights at POFQ hotel, the dining plan, and four days at the parks. With three kids and tow adults our grand total was $3000 with plane tickets. That's a cheap trip!

I never went to WDW as a child, and after that trip I became an addict. We are now planning our honeymoon for just us adults (we have a Brady Bunch kind of family) and I couldn't be more excited!!!

Our first family Disney trip: POFQ 9/2008
First Trip Without the Kids: 10/2009 Land & Sea Honeymoon Cruise
RainBlanken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:04 PM   #1807
DisneyBelle27
DIS Veteran

just joined!

Hi!

I've looked around this board a bit but finally got around to joining. Now, if I need help I'll have a place to go, and hopefully I'll be able to help other people too!

I'm really excited because I just booked our plane tickets today for our land and sea trip in July (3 nights POFQ/4 nights cruise)!! I've never been on a Disney cruise before and I CAN'T wait!!!

Dreaming of my next countdown ticker

My awesomely awesome first ever solo trip to the World trip report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post46328869

Past WDW trips:'86 off-prop., '89 CBR, '94 CBR, '99 off-prop., '01 ASMusic, '01 CBR, '07 ASMusic, '08 PC, '09 3 nights POFQ, 4 nights Wonder, '10 6 nights AKL, '12 AS Sports w/ToT 10 Miler
Previous cruises: RCCL Enchantment of the Seas w/Metro Dance 11/08 (maybe you saw us perform in the theater!)
DisneyBelle27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:14 PM   #1808
oddBotkins
Cajun Power, "Shake It and Use It Baby"

There's A Longing In My Heart

This is my first post and I want to say thank you to all of the young at heart. It is enlightening to know that there are so many Disney lovers out there willing to go to infinity and beyond to share there experiences, ideas, criticisms and cancellations. I will be returning with my family, DW, DS13, DD8 and D-INLAWS, to WDW May 16-23. Boy do I love my inlaws, Papa Love and Sweetheart, they paid for the airfair. It is my ninth trip. I plan, plan plan...so they don't have to. Also, makes the trip that much more enjoyable for all I have 99% of my ADRs completed. Got a great 4/3 free at the CBR. Got the DDP and I'm just itchin' for the time to pass. In the meantime I have spend numerous hours in these discussion boards as an outsider and I think its time I come in. I also am trying to get an Fantasmic ADR, party of 6, for May 17th. I noticed that the trade/swap/cancellation discussion board may be the best possibility for making this happen. I also would like to share any knowledge, albiet little, that I may have with others on my experiences. I will need to work on my signature stuff and all that but I needed to at least get started.

'71 Fort Wilderness - Ticket Books LOL
'76 Fort Wilderness Ahh to be 16 again
'82 Off Site
'94 Contemporary
'02 ASMusic
'03 Grovenor
'04 ASMovies
'05 ASMovies

May 16 - 23 CBR Hurry uP AND gET HeRe
oddBotkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:44 PM   #1809
madfiredan
Earning My Ears

Sure this can be found somewhere, and this might not be the place to ask but when looking at DVC points listings many have a reply that says "bump"... anyone know what that means?
madfiredan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:39 AM   #1810
dizfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by madfiredan View Post
Sure this can be found somewhere, and this might not be the place to ask but when looking at DVC points listings many have a reply that says "bump"... anyone know what that means?
Threads are ordered based on the most recent post.

A bump is a way to push a thread to the top of the list shown.
Translation...bumping it to the top.
For example, if someone has DVC points for rent thread and it hasn't received a new post for a few days, their thread may be on page 4. Fewer people will see the post, so they simply add a Reply with "bump". This puts it at the top of the list and lets everyone reading the thread know it was just bumped to the top.

It's polite to only bump after a couple days.

Dan
dizfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:15 PM   #1811
PrincessJasmine14
Earning My Ears

hi everyone, i'm new! well i've been looking around these boards for a while, but i just haven't ever posted. anyways looking forward to posting more often & meeting some other disney fans. i'm nicole
PrincessJasmine14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:43 PM   #1812
airoh13
Earning My Ears

info overload

I'm new to all these threads. I'm finding all sorts of helpful info, but am getting confused at the same time
airoh13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:18 AM   #1813
Merryweather7
Earning My Ears

Hi, new to DIS but old timer when going to the parks. I do have a question, what's with the lime-green ears?
Merryweather7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:35 PM   #1814
RyeCrimsonMoon
Mouseketeer

Hey guys! I've been lurking over these forums for awhile now and I decided to join up!

I'm still in College, but I plan on doing the CP next year and an internship there as well. I've been to WDW several times over the years (Atleast 7? Maybe).

Anyway, I am very excited to be here and I hope everyone can help me plan my future trips!
RyeCrimsonMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:14 PM   #1815
Dopeys twin Dippy
Earning My Ears

hi. not really new, but posts got mixed up. trying to find them.
Dopeys twin Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote