Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2009, 03:15 PM   #1726
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelcat View Post
Just a few questions!!

well first of all, my mom goes onto disboards and she is travelmel. i was named after her. so i know how to do most of this whole chat thing. and with that, my first day of disboards will begin!
anyways back to the subject. i heard that the CHAT is back, so i decided to try it out. the chat site is great; i love IM! but im not sure how to do friend requests and messaging, and i was wondering if anyone could answer me on this one.

First of all, you haven't completed your registration yet. Make sure you got an email from us and that you click on the link to confirm or you won't be able to fully participate in our boards. If you have a problem we have a thread you can read and post on to help you out.

As for Chat, I actually have no idea how all that works (I am an old foogy!), but I don't think that can do friend requests and messaging through our Chat system. The Chat room is only open during certain times, when a moderated Chat is scheduled. But since I am not sure I would suggest you ask on our Tech Support Board at the bottom of the main page. But you will have to complete your registration before you can post there.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:17 PM   #1727
travelcat
Cat Lover Big Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoscrap View Post

First of all, you haven't completed your registration yet. Make sure you got an email from us and that you click on the link to confirm or you won't be able to fully participate in our boards. If you have a problem we have a thread you can read and post on to help you out.

As for Chat, I actually have no idea how all that works (I am an old foogy!), but I don't think that can do friend requests and messaging through our Chat system. The Chat room is only open during certain times, when a moderated Chat is scheduled. But since I am not sure I would suggest you ask on our Tech Support Board at the bottom of the main page. But you will have to complete your registration before you can post there.
eep! so much information! and no, i havent activated my account yet; still trying to get it in.
i love your cats btw!! i have two cats; ill post them on my siggy soon. I'm also at my school, so if i try to Chat, then the acces will be denied, lol. (btw have u heard of travelmel?)
travelcat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2009, 03:22 PM   #1728
lovetoscrap
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Check your spam/junk mail box. Often the email ends up there.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
Old 01-20-2009, 03:24 PM   #1729
travelcat
Cat Lover Big Time

Quote:
uh oh gtg. be back soon!
-travelcat
Old 01-20-2009, 04:54 PM   #1730
travelcat
Cat Lover Big Time

all righty! im back
go to the chat room
Old 01-20-2009, 05:05 PM   #1731
travelcat
Cat Lover Big Time

Quote:
QUESTIONS:
1. How do you edit your siggy?
2. How do you make a custom avatar?
not much, lol. well, ill be in the chat room if you need me. but for now, BYE!
Old 01-20-2009, 05:10 PM   #1732
lovetoscrap
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
QUESTIONS:
1. How do you edit your siggy?
2. How do you make a custom avatar?
not much, lol. well, ill be in the chat room if you need me. but for now, BYE!
You have to confirm your registration first. Right now all you can do is post on this board, and read only on all the other boards. Until you are "Earning Your Ears" by confirming your registration you can't do much else.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:05 PM   #1733
alice99
DIS Veteran

Help!

After posting on a thread I can never find the thread again. How do I view my posts?

I am thinking it is probably so obvious, but I just can't see it.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
alice99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:19 AM   #1734
dmla3820
Earning My Ears

New World

Wow what a new world! This is very cool! I think i'm hooked already!
Planning a vacation for my family was never this fun in the past! Or addictive!
dmla3820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:25 AM   #1735
lovetoscrap
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice99 View Post
After posting on a thread I can never find the thread again. How do I view my posts?

You need to subscribe to the threads you post on. You can do that manually with each post, or you can set your User CP so you are automatically subscribed (I suggest this). Take a look at our FAQ thread and there are instructions there.

For your past posts that you aren't subscribed to, right click on your username in your above post. Then select the option to find all posts. Anything posted within the last few days won't show up yet but you shoud find everything else.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:06 PM   #1736
THEVACATIONFAMILY
Mouseketeer

Posting a Thread and viewing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice99 View Post

You can go to your account and accept emails, you can fing your thread there or do a search for the kind of thread that you posted on, and search it that way as well. Just remember to look at what number you are on the thread and that will definitely help you......Welcome to DIS Boards..

Halloween At Disney World!!!!!!
Who can ask for anything more?

THEVACATIONFAMILY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:13 PM   #1737
alice99
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the advice all. It took me awhile to find this.. ... but now I have changed my CP to automatically subscribe to anything I post.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
alice99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:56 AM   #1738
PrincessAnneDroid
Star Wars 'fan girl' and Obi-Wanna Be. ;)

Hello everyone!

Greetings all. New to the board. My hubby and I have had annual passes to WDW for about 6 years now, and we never get tired of going to see the Mouse. Love Star Wars Weekends at Hollywood Studios and Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party (we went as Princess Leia and Obi-Wan Kenobi last year...yeah, I'm a little Star Wars obsessed. ). See ya real soon!
Old 01-22-2009, 10:38 PM   #1739
travelcat
Cat Lover Big Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAnneDroid View Post
Greetings all. New to the board. My hubby and I have had annual passes to WDW for about 6 years now, and we never get tired of going to see the Mouse. Love Star Wars Weekends at Hollywood Studios and Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party (we went as Princess Leia and Obi-Wan Kenobi last year...yeah, I'm a little Star Wars obsessed. ). See ya real soon!
How do you get to diffrent chat rooms besides the Main Chat Room????
Old 01-23-2009, 12:10 PM   #1740
lovetoscrap
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
How do you get to diffrent chat rooms besides the Main Chat Room????
For our DIS chat rooms the Main Room is the only one available and it is only open during our scheduled chat times for On Topic, Moderated discussion. The schedule is listed in the Thread at the top of the page.