Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2003, 05:34 PM   #121
stacy6552
Keep to the code!

Ok gang. Here I am. My challenge is to drop and keep off the ever fustrating "last 10." Only as of today, its 15. My friend came into town and aparently brought hidden calories in her suitcase, because i packed on 5 pounds in just a few days! AND of course the house is overflowing with candy from Halloween, my birthday is this month, so there will be birthday cake and then theres thanksgiving and then there's Christmas.

ARRRGGG!

So start the clock and hound me day and night. Thanks gang!
Old 11-04-2003, 08:49 AM   #122
Rhonda
Quote of the Day: Happiness is a Warm Puppy!

Welcome to WISH everybody! Grab a clipart and stay awhile!

quackattack : You can do it! That's a very realistic goal! And, don't worry about the extra weight you gained on the cruise - it's expected!! And, it will come back off quickly!

jiminyc_fan : Welcome Sandy! That's a great goal - 50 pounds in the next year! We know you can do it! What are your "eating sensibly" goals? Are you planning on cutting certain foods out of your diet (i.e., sugars, etc.)? Or are you going to practice portion control? It's good to have some kind of plan in mind when you start, or else there are too many variables and it's too easy to cheat. But, we'll keep an eye on you! Grab a clippie and get to work!

Disney Donna : We have the same goal! I want to reach my goal by my anniversary in March too! Water aerobics are a great idea! Very good for you! Welcome!

Stacy6552 : Those last 10 seem to be the hardest, don't they? But, you can do it! Now that Halloween is over, stop looking at the candy! And, plan on just having a tiny piece of b-day cake this month! Worry about the other holidays as they come. If you lose a couple of pounds by then, you'll feel motivated to skip a treat or two! Good luck!
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2003, 08:51 PM   #123
QueenTrident
Is afraid of coming out like a pumpkin
The imagination and creativity of DISers will never cease to amaze me
It really helps me know what to expect

Hi. I'm new to these boards and to the challenge. I just started WW last week and have been looking for a supportive, online board. This looks to be the place!

I'm looking to lose about 70 lbs and overall, get healthier! I am following Weight Watchers and want to start walking and getting other exercise.

Thanks for having this challenge!

Jenn
QueenTrident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 08:12 AM   #124
Rhonda

Queen Trident : Welcome to the DIS WISH board!

You have definitely found the right place! We are all here to offer encouragement, and hopefully get some back from you! Sounds you have a great plan already in place! There are many people here that are doing great on WW, and with the exercise you plan to do as well, you'll lose those 70 pounds in no time!
Old 11-06-2003, 09:39 AM   #125
WeirdEyes
WISH Biggest Loser/Blue Team
Def Leppard Fan
"I" think I'm pretty normal, but I'm sure my DH doesn't.
Hates to wear shoes, but loves to buy them!

Hi all! I'm new here and I wanted to let you know my W.I.S.H. goal. I need to lose 25 lbs. to get to my ideal weight..according to my doctor. He said if I lost this weight, he would take me off of the high blood pressure meds that I'm taking. This weight will also be the weight I was when I got married 16 years ago. I have already lost 40 lbs., but it is still not enough. I changed my way of eating to include more protein, more veggies, and less carbs. It is called Somersizing and it makes a lot of sense. I just want to be healthy.

Thanks for listening...or reading. It's good to be here!
Old 11-06-2003, 02:40 PM   #126
Rhonda

Hi Shelia!

Welcome to WISH! I wanted to tell you that I started low-carbbing (Atkins) 3 months ago, and I'm down 27 pounds and my blood pressure is back within normal range, so I'm officially off my meds as of a couple of days ago! You can do it too!! Sounds like you have a good plan to follow! Stick around here for encouragement, and please share some with us too when you see a chance!
Old 11-06-2003, 04:32 PM   #127
phisigprincess
Finally a vet!
Another Simba Fan
Hooray for babies!
Congratulations!

Ok, this is it. I'm definately joining as well. Maybe this will help me to stay on top of my goals. I want to drop 10-20 pounds by July for my best friend's wedding. My dad (Mr. Healthy Guru) tried the South Beach Diet and dropped 7 pounds in 2 weeks. Keep in mind he goes to the gym like it's a religion, but he knows other people it helped as well. I'm going to start going to the gym again and next semester I'm taking step aerobics, so that should help. Now that Halloween's over let's see what happens!!!
Old 11-06-2003, 05:49 PM   #128
ADisneyMom
We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, others judge us by what we have done.Longfellow
Surprise! You've been tagged
The TF's are kind of like Santa. We know all

Hi phisigprincess,

Welcome aboard!

I'm new to WISH and I'm glad I found them. This is a very supportive group.

I started the South Beach Diet(SBD) in August and I have lost 16 pounds so far.

I'm sure if I had been really strict I could have loss more. I got off track for a little while, now I'm back and working toward my goal.

You can do this!

Exercise helps.

Good Luck!

ADisneyMom

ADisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 06:30 PM   #129
TooBoyz4us
Run! The Tag Fairies are everywhere!
Please stop licking your monitor. It's hard to clean the smudges off, and electrocution sounds painful.

Hi everyone,

I have been a Dis member since last year, and have followed alot of your threads here as I tried to muster up the willpower to do something about my weight.

I've just recently begun a low-carbo lifestyle. I tried this a few years back and successfully lost 35lbs--So I know this is the plan for me.
I'm really looking forward to having some support buddies to lean on, and am really excited about joining WISH.

9/1997 @ CBR...10/2002 @ CSR ...9/2004@WL...9/2009@ CSR......
11/2013 @ POR
TooBoyz4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 09:48 PM   #130
Strings
DIS Veteran
I'd rather be in the world
On our honeymoon, DH forgot to pack underwear!

Ok count me in. I'm starting low carbs and joined Curves yesterday. My ultimate goal is to lose 75 pounds. 6 months of bedrest with my DD really did me in. It's time to grt my butt in gear. I think this board will really help me stay on track. Thanks for being here.
Old 11-07-2003, 09:51 AM   #131
Rhonda

Welcome everyone!! I love seeing all these new members!!

Phisigprincess : You will have no problem losing 10-20 pounds by July! It sounds like you have a good plan - step aerobics will be great for you! I know other people here on WISH are seeing success with the South Beach diet, so if that's the plan you try, you will see success too! Be sure you share your experiences with us! Good luck!

Tooboyz4us : Welcome! We're excited that you're joining us too! Low-carbing is the way to go for many people (including myself!). As you already know from before, you will feel great, and be much healthier, after dropping some of those carbs from your diet! Good luck! Keep us informed of your progress!

Strings : You can do it!!! A low-carb diet is a healthy way to lose those 75 pounds! And, there are great "side-effects" of eating low carb too - like increased energy, sleeping better, lowering your cholesterol and blood pressure (if needed) and just generally feeling great! You will love it!
Old 11-09-2003, 10:35 AM   #132
Dana49
No longer lonely without a tag
The TF's think you like your beer ;-)
If you love the magic, you'll never be too old

It looks like this Board is predominately female. Do you mind if a slightly older than middle-aged man responds? I walk 2 1/2 miles, four times a week, plus I do a little strength training. I have been on a mission to stay as healthy as possible, ever since I experienced heart trouble five years ago. I watch my diet very carefully (low sodium, low cholesterol, and low fat). Right now, I am at my lowest weight in 14 years. However, I must not lie, I still have the occasional Bass Ale a couple of times a week. I want to thank you for letting me in on the WISH Board. I wish all of you the best.

"It's funny what happens when you become a grandparent. You start to act all goofy and do things you never thought you'd do. It's terrific." - Mike Krzyzewski
Dana49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 11:49 AM   #133
Pixie Power!
DIS Veteran

This is a wonderful board, full of support!!

Im hopefully going to get my 5lbs clipart by the end of this week

Good luck everyone.

Emma
Old 11-10-2003, 09:55 PM   #134
mplsmom1
Mouseketeer

Talking Count me in

Hi - I started a low fat lifestyle on Sept. 10th. I have lost about 20 lbs. and want to lose 10 more. My husband and I are working on this together (he's lost 30!) and I am trying to add exercise too. We are rewarding ourselves through non-food treats - such as a family picture and a trip to the mouse. Today was a hard day though - ds wanted Krispy Kremes - and I ate 2 I'm looking for support to maintain - have yoyo'd in the past
Thanks!

Oct '08 - AsMo
Apr '04 - AsSp
Nov '01 - AsMo
Oct '99 - AsMo
mplsmom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 08:37 AM   #135
Rhonda

Welcome to WISH everyone!!

dana49 : Of course men are welcome!! In fact, the more, the merrier! It sounds like you're doing great at being healthy, with your walking and weight programs! And, the occassional Bass Ale is just fine, IMO! Stick around and share some of your successes with us - we can always use the encouragement, and hopefully we'll share some with you too!

Pixie Power : Welcome! You can definitely get a 5-pound clippie by the end of week! Are you following a specific program (WW, Atkins, etc)? Exercising? Whatever you're doing, keep plugging along - and you'll see great results!

mplsmom1 : Hi! I'm from MN too! I used to live in Brooklyn Park a few years ago! Welcome to WISH! Hang in there - a couple KK's once in awhile aren't going to kill you! Just remember that they're a "once in awhile" treat - not everyday! You're doing great so far - you can go another 10 pounds for sure!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: