Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2003, 08:34 PM   #76
djkeenan
Long Time Lurker
Wanna sneak out to the hot tub under the full moon?
Attacked by a Christmas tree

Thanks NativeTxn

Dear Katholyn,

Last year your information helped us get the special pontoon boat ride for the fireworks at Epcot on Christmas Night! And through your board we were able to share it with another great family. It was a Christmas we'll remember for many years.

A year later and you are still at it, supporting, sharing and giving to anyone who asks. THANK YOU!

I'm on ATKINS again, it works for me especially since I have an allergy to gluten and shouldn’t be eating my favorites: bread, pasta, etc. Two hospital stays in the last two weeks have given me a good start. Appendicitis and a post-op infection are great ways to loose weight, but I wouldn’t recommend it for anyone else.

I was 415 lb. when I entered the hospital (last time I was weighed). With a daughter graduating in March and another getting married in October this is not something I can put off any longer.

Congratulations to YOU on your weight loss and to all the WISH participants who are working towards their goal.

I am enjoying and getting strength from the Journals I have read. Like “Reality TV”, these “Reality” stories are just as compelling and motivating. I’m inspired by all those who post and hope I can also contribute to another’s success by example.

Thanks to you and the other moderators and all those who post regularly. I’ll keep in touch.

A fellow Michigander,
David
Timeshare (all the space spoiled us)
Rented a pool home: sjsvillas (best vacation we've ever had!)
djkeenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 08:58 PM   #77
bambii
aka Jadedee
Wouldn't mind staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge

I would like to join the WISH

challange.

My 2nd Cousin who is 38 had a heart attach and it scared me she is 5 years older then me.. I decided then and there something had to be done about my weight. My cousin was like 15 pounds over. and me I could cut myself in half and there would be another person.

I would like to get to my normal size 125 pounds , by summer..

thanks
jade

Right now im watching my calories and fat grams..

and walking 1.5 miles.

at disneyland feb, 2010

Me DH DS 17 DS11
bambii is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2003, 10:01 PM   #78
ADisneyMom
We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, others judge us by what we have done.Longfellow
Surprise! You've been tagged
The TF's are kind of like Santa. We know all

Thumbs up

Hi Katholyn,

Thank you for that wonderful warm welcome. I truly feel like I belong.

This is a great support group. Everyone is so helpful.

I look forward to watching the progress of everyone, offering help whenever I can and posting my progress. Knowing there are others out there on SBD and other plans that are working motivates me to stay on track so hopefully I can inspire as I have been inspired.

A special thank you to you Katholyn, for all that you as the moderator. Your work is appreciated.

ADisneyMom

ADisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 07:33 AM   #79
Camping Griswalds
DIS Veteran

I've been posting on this board, but don't think I've done it here. I want to officially be included in your challenge.

I am married with two great kids, ages 11 and 7. I'm 5'6" and am 34 with 35 fast approaching in Jan. Kind of freaking me out to know I have been truly overweigh for 15 years. Would like at 35 to be under 200lbs. I pittered and pattered with Atkins/Weight watchersover the last several years.

On Sept 28, 2003 all of this has changed. I am finally really motivated. I'm setting little goals for myself each week. My big goal is to weigh less than my pregnant sister by Feb. (cheating I know 'cause she's pregnant, but it really has been an inspiration) I started at 228. That's the heaviest I've ever been. I am currently 209.5. I want to weigh 185 by mid Feb. I am actually losing the weight much faster than I imagined. So I choose 185 'cause that's probably what my sis will be. I actually have pictures of me at 185 and like how my face looked then. I remember being 165 and feeling sexy but that seems like too much weight loss in my mind, and I'm trying really hard not to set unrealistic goals so I stay on track.

I would love to have the clippie and the statement at the bottom about my weight 228/209.5/185, but am pretty illiterate when it comes to computers, so I'll be happy just putting it here.

Thanks for letting me be one of You!!
Camping Griswalds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 08:37 PM   #80
nativetxn
Honorary Brit
Everyone loves nativetxn
1967---"Summer of Love" sigh
Rabid bat attack survivor

DISboards Moderator

<b>djkeenan</b> I thought your name seemed familiar. Now I know why. I'm so glad that our Illuminations information helped you get a reservation and very happy to hear that you shared that cruise with other DISers. I'm glad you will be with us here on WISH now.

<b>bambii</b> I'm glad you decided to take the challenge. I'll list your plan as "eating sensibly", if that's alright with you. Welcome!

<b>ADisneyMom</b> I love WISH! Participating here helps me a lot and I'm so glad you are part of my support group.

<b>Camping Griswalds</b> Thanks for posting here. I use this thread to compose our member roster. I would hate to leave you out.

So which eating plan will you follow? Have you chosen a formal plan or will you be eating sensibly? Let me know, okay?

You sound very motivated and determined. Setting small minigoals is an excellent idea. I have no doubt that you will succeed, my friend. No doubts at all.

To add your goals to your signature: go to user cp, it's at the top of this page, and click on that. Then choose "edit profile". Scroll down that page until you see "signature", there is a box there, type in 228/209.5/185. Now that will appear everytime you post anywhere on the DIS

<i>You may add the WISH member clipart to your signature if you want. What we do is begin with a <b>zero loss</b> no matter how much weight we may have lost before taking the challenge and then every time we lose 5 pounds we get to "trade up" to a new clipart. It's lots of fun and quite motivating.

There is an excellent post by our own Wovenwonder telling you how to add the member clipart to your signature right <b>HERE</b>.</i>

Welcome everyone. You're going to do great with this new healthy lifestyle you have chosen. I'm sure of it! After all, you're all WISHers now and we plan to help you succeed!

Onward and downward!

Katholyn

Texas Born, Texas Bred and when I die I'll be Texas Dead
nativetxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 10:00 PM   #81
Camping Griswalds
DIS Veteran

Katholyn

Thanks for the help. I'm doing Atkins and the goal things. Thats my diet plan. Not just one or the other. I'm gonna try to add the other stuff, we'll see how it goes.
Camping Griswalds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 10:26 PM   #82
ilovefh
Is it Disney time yet?

I'd like to join the WISH challenge!

I'm 23 and have never been thin, but always in good shape. I started to become less healthy when I left for college but it really went downhill (and up on the scale!) when I moved in with my boyfriend. We ate out all the time and had a gym membership that we didnt use! We think we'll get married in a year and a half so I'd like to lose as much as I can by June 2005. I also had a problem with kidney stones and have not been able to do any exercising since they put a stent in.

I'm 5'1" and at my highest of 215lbs. I get my stent out tomorrow which means I can start exercising again. I work at a health club (ironic huh!) so I have a free membership and two free sessions with a trainer. I'm hoping to work out 3-5 times a week. I started Weight Watchers which is a bit rough but I'm not giving up! I'm trying to replace food with something else, hopefully working out! (I tend to eat when I am upset, bored etc!)
My long term goal is somewhere around 130-140 (what I weighed when I graduated high school) but I'm doing it in small goals. My first goal is to be under 200 lbs by the time I go to Disney in Dec. Then I work on 10 lbs at a time! Thanks for all the support I know I'll get!!
Old 10-20-2003, 11:48 AM   #83
coyote
Earning My Ears

Hi

I have registered on the Disboard journal as Coyote

I am taking the Wish Challenge to be in Onderland by Christmas.
I have joined ww. I need to exercise more.

I am 42 years old, 5.2 and weighed in at a whopping 221 lbs.

21 pounds by Christmas is doable if I do not gave in to the traps of a busy lifestyle ie not paying attention to me.

Thanks for letting me take the challenge.

Thanks Nativetexan for moderating.

All the best to all who have taken the challeng. One day at a time will soon be a year of success.

Coyote
Old 10-20-2003, 01:15 PM   #84
Jen117
DIS Veteran

I'll Join!!!

I had my second child the end of April, and seemed to have creeped to my highest weight ever. Tho I am more fit than I ever used to be, I am still heavy. I would like to lose 40 pounds to get to the weight I was before I got PG the second time, and then lose another 20-30 to get to a more reasonable weight. Since I have been heavy my whole life, I don't know what my goal weight should be, I want to go more on how I look and feel.

I try to workout at least 3 times a week and I am on WW for the 3rd time (once before PG #1, then after PG #1, and now after PG #2).

I struggle with staying on program because I get bored and like food way too much. Thank goodness I don't mind exercise!!

Jen
Jen117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 01:56 PM   #85
TWD2000
Earning My Ears

Talking Wish Challenge

Hi
I'd like to take the challenge too. Ive read these pages for a while now but havn't had the guts to give it a go.

I've only got 3 weeks before my Disneyworld holiday, but I can try and lose a few pounds before I go and hopefully and carry on again when I get back ( I don't do diet's on holiday!!)

Im about 5.10 and weigh 205lbs, my goal is to get to around 168lbs and I think that's doable with just healthy eating and exercise. Im not joining a slimming club so i'm counting on you guys for all my support.

Wish me luck.

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'November 09 2003 11:45:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=blue> Fun in the Florida sun </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = '';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
TWD2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 02:06 PM   #86
djkeenan
Long Time Lurker
Wanna sneak out to the hot tub under the full moon?
Attacked by a Christmas tree

Support makes the difference

I had asked a question of a fellow WISHer and received the nicest reply. She reminded me that I take it just "a day at a time".

I can do a day! It's the long term that scares me. But if I focus on just today, and not worry about tomorrow until tomorrow, well that makes it easier for me.

Thanks again to the Supportive WISHer who's helping me. It's a wonderful thing when together we support each other!

I CAN STAY ON THE PLAN TODAY! JUST ONE DAY IS EASY.
Timeshare (all the space spoiled us)
Rented a pool home: sjsvillas (best vacation we've ever had!)
djkeenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 03:06 PM   #87
Emme
DIS Veteran

Well, today was my first day and I hope I can at least make it through today (it's only 4:00) .

I have had it with avoiding people and places!! I was always slender, 5'3" around 120-130. I got married and became very content (Thank God) and at present am at 170, OK there I said it. I have NEVER admitted my weight to anyone!

So I am starting today to take a bit more control of my life and my health. I will be eating healthy, mainly whole foods, and using my treadmill (while listening to Live365 Disney songs).

So I REALLY could use all the support I can get. I have several important functions in the next few months...in-laws 50th anniversary, Christmas, trip to Canada...so I need to at least feel good about myself!

Congratulations to all of you and all the weight you have all lost!

I'm on board and pray in time I myself can be an inspiration to others

Emmy
Old 10-21-2003, 10:38 PM   #88
Samandmom
Curvy WISHer
I laughed with a tear in my eye
WISHing my way to success!

Hello!!!!
I just joined WW online I have been at it since Monday morning. I am doing really great so far. Previously I would start a diet and then felt really sick and light headed since I was not eating enough. I usually don't get through the first day. So far I really like WW since I can eat whatever I want. I did do Richard Simmions deal a meal before and lost 40lbs and gained it back due to a death in the family 7yrs ago. I then had my DS 3yrs ago and did go back to my pre preganancy size. (which was still overweight) I then had my DD 9 months ago and since then have only gained weight. My long term goal is lose 100lbs. My short term goal is lose at least 40lbs for our WDW vacation in February. (I probaly will gain back 5 but thats ok)

Samandmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 10:10 AM   #89
septbride2002
"TO MILE 9!!!"

Hello. I've been trying to do Weight Watchers for about 3 months now and have lost 5 lbs and then stopped. I have lost a lot of weight on a version of Atkins called Protein Power before. I think it just works better with my metabolism. My Mom is currently concentrating on low carbs and has lost 20 lbs. I really want to get back into the swing of Atkins again but it is hard. I tend to be lazy with my cooking and make a lot of pasta dishes.

How hard is the first 2 weeks? Also I am young (24) and we tend to go out and drink with friends, I don't drink beer usually mixed drinks is there any drinks that I can have that won't completely blow everything?

Any tips on the Induction period would be great. I am going to use the rest of this week to ease myself into this lifestyle and then start hardcore on Monday. Goal is to be 10 lbs lighter by Thanksgiving. And 20 lbs lighter by Christmas.

Current weight is 163 lbs
septbride2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 12:55 PM   #90
Marshmelo
DIS Veteran

Smile

Hello! I would like to take the DIS Challenge. I'm hoping it will help me stay motivated to lose weight before my wedding on October 2, 2004 (I just got engaged last month on the Disney Cruise!) as well as before my next vacation to WDW December 4, 2004. I have been trying to do the Weight Watchers Points program, even though I no longer go to the meeting, but it's hard to stay motivated sometimes. I also walk on my treadmill and use a Bowflex for toning. Since I first joined WW probably 5 years ago or so, when I was in College, I have lost and kept off about 40-some pounds. I still have a long way to go though. I would say I would like to start with the goal of losing about 55 pounds to start with, which will put me just under that 200 mark....I'll be happy with that to begin with, then I'll set a new goal.

1981 - My 1st trip to The World 1985 - 9th B-day in Disneyland 1994 - Disney's Village Resort 1996 - Disney Institute 1998 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2001 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2002 - off property rental home 2003 - 4 nt Cruise Only - he proposed! 2004 - 3 nt Cruise, Pop Century, and rental home 2005 - Disneyland

I LOVE NKOTB!

Last edited by Marshmelo; 10-22-2003 at 01:44 PM.
Marshmelo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: