Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2005, 09:24 PM   #751
Keokagal
DIS Veteran

Okey dokey. I'm challenged. I need to lose wt and get fit. My temporary plan will be to follow ww for this next month and go to the club 3x's per week. I wanna be able to dance like this guy
Keokagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 06:26 PM   #752
andrabell
Property of Walt Disney (BPAL RULES) !PATA PATA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4togo
Don't know what is more inspiring, your story or your picture. I'm a die hard fan all my life from Okie land. Got a 2004 World Champion Jacket for Christmas and it is the BEST present ever.

I have lost half of my goal and seem to be in a plateau. How do you get over these times? Did you ever experience this? Love some advise.
I'm having a hard time this year so far. I indulged during the holidays and then started induction after new year. I took off 8.5 pounds during induction and then nothing during these last three weeks. The ONLY thing that's going to help is kicking it up at the gym and making sure I'm drinking my 3 liters of water per day (which I'm very good about). I wish I could be more of an inspiration to you (other than this luscious piccie).

Keep up the good work and stay off the scale. It will drive you crazy.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2005, 10:01 PM   #753
TinkerBelle_325
WDW Destination Blog owner and CSR FAQ thread runner!

Ok, I'm up for the challenge. I started my own personal challenge at the beginning of Jan. I started at a weight of 197lbs and I'm now at 190! So 8 lbs so far for me I'm going to WDW in May and my goal for that time is 165lbs. Im working out 3 times a week, staying away from white carbs and junk food and drinking LOTS of water
UPCOMING TRIP REPORT: What's this? What's this? A Halloween AND Christmas TR? Oct/Nov 2014
UPCOMING DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! Oct/Nov 2014~
TinkerBelle_325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 08:45 AM   #754
Scoootch
DIS Veteran

Good morning all!

Just checking in. As of today I have lost 25lbs!! Yay! It's not been entirely easy but since joining Overeaters Anonymous in Oct. It's been the best thing I've ever done. Like alot of people, I've tried all kinds of programs but this is the first time I'm feeling like not only is this working for me but that for the first time ever I feel like my weight loss may actually be permanant! I feel so much better both physically and mentally!

Wishing best of luck and success to all to acheive their weight loss goals!

Scoootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 08:46 AM   #755
zeke11
DIS Veteran

I wish I could see some results here!

I started a regular walking program (on the treadmill at least 5x a week). Began this on January 3. Wore out my old treadmill and had to get a new one! I dropped 2 pounds (as you can see in my little thingy down below), but as of yesterday - they have returned. So in almost one month of diligence - NILCH! ZIP!

If I could even lose 4 pounds I'd be happy. I'm 50 and they say that women of my age have a hard time losing weight. Man, I guess that is so....

I did come here to find a support group and I am so happy for the success of you all -- but it becoming more discouraging to me as those all around are losing weight and I just can't seem to succeed.

Kris
WDW '95 (offsite
Big Red Boat '95
WDW '99 (offsite)
WDW Port Orleans Riverside 2004 during Hurricane Jeanne '04
Disney Wonder Hurricane Jeanne Cruise 9/27/04
NCL Spirit Easter Cruise 2005
Disney Magic Thanksgiving Cruise 11/19/05
Carnival Conquest New Years Eve Cruise 2006-2007
WDW Pop Century 04/13/2009
zeke11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 09:01 AM   #756
Scoootch
DIS Veteran

Hi Kris {{{{ hugs }}}}

I can relate to how you're feeling. I ended up at O.A. after everything else I'd tried over the years failed. I cannot tell you how many times I tried one thing or another and either felt I wasn't getting anywhere or couldn't stick with whatever I was trying to do. There are some pretty great programs out there and some work for people and not others...for me it took realizing that I not only had a weight problem but a food problem. If you'd like any info. on what finally seems to be working for me, feel free to email me or PM me. Try not to loose hope, loosing weight no matter what program you use is tough...I still have a good 50 lbs or so to go to be where I'd like to be. Coming here to this board though is a great start I think though as we can all try and support each other and give each other tips we might never have realized we could try

Best wishes

Scoootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 09:14 AM   #757
gabbygrennell
Mouseketeer

I'm in!

Ok, here we go!
I am definitely challenged but definitely motivated!
I was a member of WW and it does work! Lost 35 lbs! Then, we went to WDW and I said hey I am on vacation.... long story short, that was the end of my ww! I only gained back 5 pounds, and have maintained, but I wish I had not fallen off the wagon!

I am not sure if I am going to do WW again or try the South Beach Diet... but I have started my walking routine again!
I think my rough goal is 60 lbs... but as I learned in ww, take it in small steps! So here I go!
I look forward to being encouraged by many of you, and to being an encouragement to you all as well!
Gabby

Stacy & Emily
Zach 13 Nick 9 Rebekkah 6
Shilo Speckles
gabbygrennell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 09:41 AM   #758
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Hi Zeke11,
I know how you feel, while I was off with DD I would walk her and our dog every day and pushing a heavy stroller and walking for 1/3 hour-45 min. per day - you would thik that would have worked but I never lost a pound in over a year. Dh felt (and said so in the nicest way possible) that if I really did want to see some results that I had to kick it up a notch and get my heart really racing. He said walking is great for overall health but hard to loose weight on it's own.

Sending you best wishes for a nice big loss this February!

78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 12:11 PM   #759
Tink&PrincessMom
Mouseketeer

Question Help!!

Has anyone used the "Turn Up the Heat" diet? I'm starting it next Monday and could use some help!!

1st Trip-- 1978 2nd Trip-- 1981 FW 3rd Trip- - 1984 4th Trip-- 1985 5th Trip-- 1987 6th Trip-- 1988 7th Trip-- 1992 (Tink's 1st Trip) 8th Trip-- 2003 (Princess's 1st Trip) 2004-- Tink's Cheer Trip AS Sports 9th Trip Off Site-- July 2012 10th Trip (ASMu)- - September 2012
Tink&PrincessMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 05:06 PM   #760
DCLgodess
The FBI does not exist solely to piss me off! - (Agent Gibbs [NCIS 3.14 Light Sleeper])

Hi. I am new to WISH. Ever since i looked in the mirror after my last Disney cruise I have noticed how much weight i have gained. So my goal is to lose 15 pounds and i plan on running on the treadmill for 15 minutes each day and watching what I eat. Any other suggetions?
What do your desktop icons do when you aren't looking?

<--Countdown-->

I believe in MAGIC!

ATTN: MEMBERS OF THE 12/16/06 THREAD!!!!!
Please visit http://www.estel-miire.org/cruiselist for the website for this cruise. Email me with the info to add your name to the list.

ALSO...PLEASE POST IN THE 12/16/06 CRUISE THREAD AT LEAST ONCE!!!!! THERE ARE OTHER ACTIVIITES THAT ARE TALKED ABOUT THERE THAT YOU WILL MISS!!!!!!!!
****Thread chat****chat (just put a username...no registration required...go to default room
****http://www.estel-miire.org/cruise/cell.php****email me for the info for this page

WOOHOO!!!!!
DCLgodess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 02:20 PM   #761
moonfleck
Earning My Ears

Hey, I'm new and Thankful!

I've been reading the Disney forum for a few weeks now and I'm so excited to have come across the WISH forum! I've read a lot of places that highly recommend some kind of support group and I think I've found it. I've always been overweight, but I've finally started thinking I can do this. I started my lifestyle change the day after Christmas and as of this weekend I've lost 20 pounds! I've still got 57 pnds to go and hope to drop two sizes before going back to WDW this April. I'm looking forward to being involved in the forums!
moonfleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 04:49 PM   #762
PoohnPglet
DIS Veteran

Okay. I really need to lose at least 100 lbs. I am motivated in that I do want to be healthy. I want to find clothes that fit me. I want to be able to go out and not have people make fun of me.
However, I seem to have NO will power when it comes to dieting. I start out with all the best intentions in the world and I have never gone longer than 3-4 weeks on a diet. I have done WW, Atkins, South Beach, The Zone, traditional calorie, carb and fat counting.
Help! ANY advice is welcome, appreciated and desperately needed.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:09 PM   #763
moonfleck
Earning My Ears

You can do it.

The thing that was most important for me was to start believing that I could be a slim person. I've always been overweight so for the longest time I didn't believe that I could do it. I would start diets and my brain would say things like "you tried before and didn't get anywhere" or "you'll give up after a week or two." Just do your best and give yourself a little faith and a little slack once in a while. And if you feel down or frustrated come to the forums.
moonfleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 08:36 AM   #764
tlkkrados
Soon to be Floridian!

Moonfleck: I'm so glad you're joining us here! That is awesome that you've lost 20 lbs since Christmas! If you don't mind me asking what sort of diet/exercise have you been doing so far? I really think you're going to enjoy it here, I've only been here a couple of weeks and the support is awesome!
Laura

tlkkrados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 08:58 AM   #765
avdeane
Just popping in to wish you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I'm another new member to the WISH challenge!!! I've been procastinating way too long and need some support!! I wish to lose at least 55 lbs. Weight gain has been a battle of mine throughout my adult life. I checked into different weight loss establishments but they are rather expensive or they want you to take pills which I can't take. I'm battling high blood pressure which is one of the main reasons to lower my weight plus I was recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism which contributes to the weight gain, not to mention makes it harder to lose weight. Since I am now on meds to control this I'm hoping my attempts at weight loss will bring me some good results.

I look forward to reading about everyone's successes and encouragements!!

Thanks for letting me join in!!

avdeane is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: