Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2003, 08:05 AM   #151
Rhonda
Quote of the Day: Happiness is a Warm Puppy!

Welcome to WISH everybody!

dyingtodisney : Good luck!!! Sounds like eating sensibly and exercise is the way to go for you! I'm sure you can lose the weight and look great in those June vacation pictures!

starnerella : You can do it!! There is a lot of success with WW here on the WISH board! We look forward to seeing your new clippie!!

Miss Park Avenue : It sounds like a low-carb diet may be just the thing you need! I was a size 18/20 when I started Atkins in August, and now I'm a comfortable size 14 - on my way to a 12!! You can do it too!! Ask any questions you need, and do some reading! It's very easy to stick with this way of eating - cutting your carbs way down, and eating higher fat & protein! You will never feel hungry, and you'll have TONS of energy! We're here for you! Good luck!

tksbaskets : Hi Teresa! Stick with us (and WW) and you'll see those pounds slide right off! We're here to give you encouragement, and hopefully get some back from you! When the weight starts dropping, you'll see your cholesterol levels go down too! Good luck!
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 12:07 PM   #152
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Okay this seems to be the offical place to post so here it is! I started Atkins 13 days ago, felt pretty awful during the first week of induction but that quickly passed. I am now feeling terrific! No cravings and tons of energy! I find it amazing that I have no desire for sugar or carbs but I do find that I miss fruit and milk. Cant wait to be able to add these back soon. I decided to stay on induction for one more week, just cause I love how much weight I have lost so quickly already. My start weight was 158 and I am down to 150. I want to lose 20 lbs more but have been happy in the past at 135 so we'll see.

Following this plan has been the easiest way of eating I have ever experienced. A couple other times I started Atkins but wasnt willing to commit and failed before the induction period was over. Prior to this I was eating low fat, limited calories and was hungry all the time, it was awful.

My husband is doing this with me, or should I say I am doing this with him. How bout, were doing this together! He has about 100 lbs to lose and is doing so well also. I am very proud of him.

I love to cook and following Atkins has allowed me to be creative so we arent bored, which is a great thing.

I am concerned with all the holidays arriving and a trip to WDW/USO in 2 weeks but we'll just take one day at a time. I make a huge traditional Thanksgiving for the family each year and my suggestion of a low carb menu went over like a ton of bricks! So I will make my usual menu and just make a few things us so we dont fall off too bad and if we do have a nibble here and there we are back on Friday morning!

Reading here has inspired me like never before...love hearing everyones success stories. Thanks for listening.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2003, 02:24 PM   #153
jeancbpugh
DIS Veteran

Talking

Okay, I'm in.

After several rounds of Atkins dieting over the last 6 years (losing weight only to gain it back plus more), I am now trying tiny lifestyle changes to improve my health. I am hoping for something more sustainable than Atkins was for me.

I joined Weight Watchers online-only 9/18/03, and have lost 22 pounds. I haven't started exercising yet. (Remember I want sustainable changes.)

Hopefully my cholestral will go down, too.

Jean
jeancbpugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 08:29 AM   #154
Rhonda

Hi Everybody!!!

JessicaR : Welcome! Isn't Atkins great?? It sounds like you've definitely found the best eating plan - and it's great that you find it so easy to stick with! As far as Thanksgiving goes, you can eat low-carb, even if your family doesn't want to. Just skip the potatoes - maybe make yourself some mashed cauliflower (I like mashing mine with cream cheese) instead. Just say no to the stuffing, but if you have green beans - help yourself! And, of course, turkey is fantastic!! Good luck - let us know how it goes!

jeancbpugh : Hi! Congratulations on your weight loss so far - that's wonderful!! We have lots of people here at WISH that are having great success with WW! Keep up the good work!
Old 11-26-2003, 01:34 PM   #155
lizdotcom99
Tags Have Been Donated

My turn.....jsut starting Atkins...right before Thanksgiving....

Me and my SO have started Atkins...after three days I have lost 4 pounds....just have to keep it up. We have decided that we will "cheat" on Thanksgiving...but cheat by having a small piece of an Atkins pumpkin cheesecake that I made and some green bean casserole, along with turkey and ham deviled eggs and stuff like that!!! Here's to losing 10 pounds by the New Year!!!
Old 11-28-2003, 03:46 PM   #156
LAinSEA
Meowmy to Tuxedo Cats

Cool OK, I'm in....

I've been lurking on this board for a little while and I'm very impressed with the acceptance and support of this community.

I need to lose somewhere between 60 and 70 lbs to be a healthy weight but more importantly, I want to be active and healthy.

Starting a weight loss program during the holidays is going to be difficult, but having tried to lose weight before and only to gain it back eating a "healthy" diet during the rest of the year is just about as bad.

WISH me luck, please.

Laurie
GF - Nov. 2000
Disneyland Feb. 2004
LAinSEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 02:50 PM   #157
Octoberbride03
I think Tweetie done gone Cuckoo
Been there, done that, married the man!

I'm jumping in here myself. I had started an exercise program b4 i got married, but the closer my wedding got and the more things i had to do it got tossed by the wayside. But now, I'm all moved and settled in and I found the book i had used for my exercise routine. So I am going back to it. I need to lots of weight really, but i don't own a scale. Not gonna buy 1 either. I prefer to measure myself in inches not lbs.

For my goal I vow to use my Pilates book no less than 3 times per week. Fortuantely, I've already got a jumping on the drinking water thing.

Maureen
Old 12-05-2003, 03:10 PM   #158
sm4987
What us women do to be beautiful!
I did it one time and I swore never again
homing spider droid

I started and then fell off. Well, I'm joining again. I need to loose 50 pounds (that's just cause I'm so short, I'm supposed to have a low weight) I am doing weight watchers. Thanks for this board!
Old 12-06-2003, 02:50 PM   #159
saturday97
Illegally Blonde
My Dream Disney Resort would be a Castle Resort!

I've been a lurker here and I've already gotten great ideas and support! My plan is actually nutritionist prescribed although I don't know what category it really falls in, low calorie sure, but it also feels a little like the zone diet. I've been doing it for a month and I felt better instantly. My goals are weight loss as well as increased energy!
Old 12-09-2003, 09:52 AM   #160
Rhonda

Hi everyone!

Liadotcom99 : Welcome to WISH (and to Atkins!). Your goal for the New Year is very realistic! Good luck!

LAinSEA : You've come to the right place for support and encouragement!! Welcome!! Are you planning on following a specific eating plan, or are you planning on just eating sensibly and exercising? Personally, I find that following a specific plan works the best for me (low carb) - but you'll find all sorts of diet and exercise plans here on WISH, and we will be happy to support you whatever you choose to do!

Octoberbride03 : Congratulations on your recent wedding! And, you will find that with the support and encouragement you'll get here on WISH, you will be able to stick to your plan! I've heard great things about Pilates - there are quite a few here that do it! And, you've got a good start with the water drinking! Good luck!

sm4987 : You'll do great on WW! There are many people here that are on WW and they love it! You will see those 50 pounds melt off in no time! Welcome to WISH!

Saturday97 : Sounds like you're off to a great start! The Zone is a very healthy diet, and you'll definitely see your goals of weight loss and increased energy very quickly! Good luck! Keep us informed of your progress!
Old 12-09-2003, 03:41 PM   #161
GottaBeMe
Earning My Ears

Count me in!

I'm 6'0, 24 year old male and weight 230lbs. I would like to lose 45 lbs... and so now I'm officially taking the WISH challenge!!!

I plan to lose the weight by eating healthfully, exersicing and PORTION CONTROL! I like the accountability of journaling and have already started one in the WISH journals folder and already have found lots of support!

So count me in and wish me luck!!

Rick
Old 12-10-2003, 09:36 AM   #162
Tinkerbell_6/11/05
Earning My Ears

Just what I need for motivation! I'm doing Jenny Craig

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'June 15,2005 1:00:00 PM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=purple>Countdown to our honeymoon at disney,universal & disc. cove!</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'We are married and mousin';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
Tinkerbell_6/11/05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 12:40 PM   #163
alphaGeek
Earning My Ears

Hi,
This is a great board!
I have recently quit Curves and have decided to go back to what worked for me about 8 years ago. My nordic Track! I am moving it to my bedroom so I can use it at night instead of laying in bed and watching TV. My goal is to lose 2 shorts sizes by our next trip to WDW which is in Feb. (56 days!)
This will be our 11th trip I believe. Can't wait to wear that new bathing suit I'm going to buy after the weight comes off

5/89 - OffSite
2/93 - CBR
12/95 - DxL
10/97 - VB & BWV
1/99 - OKW
10/99 - BWV & VB
11/00 - OKW
4/02 - BWV
12/02 - BCV
Next - 2/04 - POR
alphaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 08:37 AM   #164
Rhonda

Welcome to WISH!!

GottaBeMe : You have definitely started out right! You will lose those 45 pounds in no time! Please keep posting here for encouragement, and also to give us support too! Welcome!

Tinkerbell_6/11/05 : Welcome to the WISH board! We're thrilled that you've joined us! Please let us know how Jenny Craig is going for you! I think there a couple of other here on JC too.

alphaGeek : I agree - this is a great board!! We're happy that you've joined us! Nordic Track is great exercise! Are you planning on doing any specific kind of diet along with the exercise, or are you just eating "sensibly?" Keep us informed of your progress!
Old 12-13-2003, 12:41 PM   #165
Disfan1
See, I'm already getting ahead of myself!
I'm a Splenda smuggler ;-)
Loves living in onederland!

I'm in!!!

I've been using the Richard Simmons Deal-A-Meal diet plan for almost a year and have already lost 45 pounds but I still need to lose 80 more. This will be a great way to get me motivated to hang in there for the two more years that it should take to lose all this weight.
Disfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: